The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shy Amber"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-07-01, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shy Amber"
The question I have is, "Why ~isn't~ Amber fitting in?" Seriously, from what the media outlets have put out about her she seems like one of the stereotypical "all american" girls....This girl is most likely not the shy type in real life. I mean cheerleader, rich parents, dancer, sorority girl, cute bf, public relations? I wouldn't be surprised if she was voted most popular in hs with these stats....so why does she play the socially comatose character on Survivor? heh this is just a vent I guess....it's not like anyone that doesn't know her personally would know this, but anyone can field it if they'd like to....

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shy Amber Survivorerist 04-07-01 1
   RE: Shy Amber Fast Eddie 04-10-01 5
   suuruvovorrooieieiisissttt...whatev... dangerkitty 04-10-01 6
       RE: suuruvovorrooieieiisissttt...wh... Survivorerist 04-10-01 7
 RE: Shy Amber desert_rhino 04-07-01 2
 RE: Shy Amber HeronNoire 04-07-01 3
   RE: Shy Amber Monkeyboy 04-10-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-07-01, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shy Amber"
>>>heh this is just a vent I guess<<<

Exactly. This kind of relates to myself and this board. It's like a vent for me too. Let me tell you a bit about myself...

I'm a very boring person. I do have a life, it just isn't terribly interesting. I pretty much do the same 5 or 10 things day after day after day. Let me put it this way. If you spent a few weeks with me, a hunk of moss would probably be higher up than me on your next party invitation list.

Back to the thread. So this board came around. I found it as a most excellent way to compensate for my incredibly boring life by trying to be the most interesting person possible. So it appears everyone needs to vent sometimes. The only real difference is that my venting won't give me a chance at a million dollars I guess.

Survivorerist

**GO AMBER!**

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-10-01, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shy Amber"
I don't get it. I see nothing boring about Amber. She's just a lousy player at Survivor. Why would anyone want to identify with a lousy player?

But if you're a boring person and you're not happy with that, why not *do* something about it? I worked at a bank for 23 years. It was computer stuff, but still, it was a big, bureaucratic, conservative bank. Now I work with my wife in her accounting practice. So far, borrrrrring, right? But every year, I took a trip somewhere exotic. Places like Iran, Iraq, Siberia, South Africa, Peru. Got married in Fiji. I tried parachuting. I took some evening classes and learned a little of some unusual languages, like Chinese and American Sign Language. Then my wife convinced me to write a travel guidebook, which I now sell on the internet.

Most people find me not at all boring, but it's not because they are enthralled by my tales of tax loopholes. 48 weeks of the year in almost everyone's life are a boring time spent working for a living; it's the other four that make a person interesting.

Can't afford to travel? Sure you can. Find out about interesting areas close to home. I found a library book about the history of neighborhoods in my city. When I have time I go for walks with the book and familiarize myself. Now when I meet people I can tell them interesting things about the area they live in. Read up on current events. Then you'll always have something interesting to say. Work in the next election. You get paid, and you become a (relative) expert on how the system works. And so on. You're only as boring as you want to be.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-10-01, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "suuruvovorrooieieiisissttt...whatever"
S-rist,
I have a hard time believing that you are boring. *I* do not find you boring. You have written some of the most entertaining posts that I have read, and you are a good sport. Yes, your Lamber-obsession is a bit white-bread, but look what you have done with it!

You say you are boring in real life, but this is real life too. I know that if I met you, I would invite you to a party long before I would invite a hunk of moss (just a hunch...). And I'll bet that you are selling yourself short out there.

Say it with me, Sur-ist: "I am not a boring person! I make people laugh! I am fun to be around! I am a sought-after party guest! I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone-it, people like me! I have no interest in Amber!

(ok, I tried to sneak that last one in there)

Seeya on Bashers and OT!

dangerkitty

w.l.s.f.c.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-10-01, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: suuruvovorrooieieiisissttt...whatever"
I am not a boring person! I make people laugh! I am fun to be around! I am a sought-after party guest! I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone-it, people like me! I have no interest...ooh, sneaky. You almost got me there.

Survivorerist

My New Mascot:

"It's day seven and we just caught our first fish. It did take us a week but, hey, it's better than two weeks."
-Amber Brkich

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-01, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shy Amber"
Amber fits in very well with "belongers." You tell me how many of the Survivor cast are "belongers."

-- JV

HeronNoire 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-07-01, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeronNoire Click to send private message to HeronNoire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shy Amber"
Hmmmm... a dancer, cheerleader, sorority girl etc etc. That generally means one thing to me: clique. Jerri, Amber and Mitch had themselves a lovely little clique going on where they completely lorded it over everyone else. I mean, the whole Kel/beef jerky thing was practically straight out of high school, behavior-wise. Amber enjoyed the free ride it gave her and seemed to make little to no effort to befriend anyone else (except Colby of course). Ah, but now Jerri and Mitch are gone and Amber is clique-less and left on a beach with the freaks, geeks and tribal misfits that are left! Being jerri's friend did nothing to endear her to anyone and I'm sure the fact that she was obviously happy to sit along and ride on Jerri's coat-tails needles the other tribesmembers.

Amber's just a cheerleader without a cheerleading team now, surrounded by all the unpopular kids who resented her for being a cheerleader in the first place. Even if she wanted to try and fit in, I'm sure any guilt on her part and resentment on the others' parts are making that incredibly difficult.

Just my 02.

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-10-01, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shy Amber"
I don't think she's shy...she just doesn't have much to say.
Perhaps growing up with a sheltered, charmed life prevented her from developing a real outgoing personality. Being a sorority girl and cheerleader, merely "being there" might have been enough to get by.
She said in her bio that she pretty much has a boring life and was looking for adventure. That's okay...there's a place in the world for boring people too.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •