The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-10-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
One thing MB does just about every show of every season is highlight the bootee in the first 15 minutes of the episode. Usually, he lays the groudwork for the eventual boot duing that segment, then we have a half hour of challenges and then we have 15 minutes spent trying to misdirect us from the boot that was given to us earlier in the show.

Take last week for example...in the first 15 minutes we saw Rory saying how much he disliked Yassur and how he couldn't wait to get back to the guys. Well, looking back it is obvious that MB was showing us Rory's downfall, that being that even after a week with Yassur he hadn't been able to penetrate their alliance. Also, MB showed us some irony as he likes to do, that being that Rory couldn't wait for a merge when as it turned out the merge ended up killing him in the game.

So, that brings us to this week. What do we see in the previews....Sarge railing about how he hates the women and hates the camp. To me, this fits into the type of footage and storyline that we typically see in the beginning of the episode...the post-boot, pre-RC, wrong side of the power fence bitterness confessionals we typically get each week.

If this footage is indeed before the RC I think this is the part of the show where MB is setting up the boot....so with that in mind, it looks like Sarge is good as gone this week.

Feel free to use this theory in the spoiling future. I like to call it the "Omnipotent Fabulous Shakes" theory, or OFS Theory for short

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... Magic Fingers 11-10-04 1
 RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... emydi 11-10-04 2
 RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... Bebo 11-10-04 3
   RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... Flowerpower 11-10-04 5
       RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... VerucaSalt 11-10-04 6
       RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... PepeLePew13 11-10-04 7
           RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... Brownroach 11-10-04 8
               RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... PepeLePew13 11-10-04 9
               RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... Flowerpower 11-10-04 11
                   RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... emydi 11-11-04 19
 another hindsight theory pinchy 11-10-04 4
 RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... kingfish 11-10-04 10
   RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... Fire Fly 11-10-04 12
 RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... alwaysintruble1 11-11-04 13
   good question, but..... shakes the clown 11-11-04 14
       RE: good question, but..... Outfrontgirl 11-11-04 15
           RE: good question, but..... kingfish 11-11-04 18
       Griffe post forehead 11-11-04 17
           RE: Griffe post Capn2patch 11-11-04 21
               RE: Griffe post forehead 11-11-04 26
       Oh Well... alwaysintruble1 11-11-04 27
 RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... ShowMeTheWinner 11-11-04 16
   RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... kingfish 11-11-04 20
       RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... ShowMeTheWinner 11-11-04 22
 RE: Using hindsight in advance (why... Scarlett O Hara 11-11-04 23
 The F should stand for... Brownroach 11-11-04 24
   RE: The F should stand for... ginger 11-11-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-10-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-04 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

Sounds good to me Shakes....I might have to spin that around and see if it stands

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
Nice of you to show up....half way through the season...
but I needed your flaming prowess yesterday...

Good theory...but will it become as famous as the OFG theory...only time..or your omnipotence will tell...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Now, stay...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
That 'F' could stand for something else, ya know.

I'm glad I changed my vote to Sarge before you posted this, otherwise I may have been accused of being your slave.

Please abide in my words, for my references speak of the truth that is within me.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
Shakes, it sounds great to me! Makes perfect sense, and I like the sounds of the OFS theory as well. But I do like leaving the first two initials of the OFS theory to our imagination, followed by "Shakes" theory! Well done!

Now, emy, I also liked the emydi theory on eyemail, by the way, I have'nt seen it this week....can anyone post it??? We have to apply it!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-10-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"

>But I do like leaving
>the first two initials of
>the OFS theory to our
>imagination, followed by "Shakes" theory!

Obfuscating Shakes Theory? Works for me.

>Now, emy, I also liked the
>emydi theory on eyemail, by
>the way, I have'nt seen
>it this week....can anyone post
>it??? We have to apply it!

Thanks VS for posting it... the eyemail theory makes a lot of sense with the wording in there -- Sarge and Eliza tee off over eating the pig and Eliza's incessant yapping causes Sarge to go over the top (when he's already been prodded on by his spat with Twila over voting for Rory)... ta da, the women look at each other and say "we gotta boot Sarge before he completely blows his top and becomes Colonel Kurtz."

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
So what was the Eyemail theory again? That the person leaves the second time they appear in the eyemail?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
I'd have to look it up, it's kinda obfuscating to me.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
So what was the Eyemail theory again? That the person leaves the second time they appear in the eyemail?

No, but close BR. The emydi theory states that the bootee always appears in the eyemail prior to their boot episode....I think!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
You had to bring that theory up didn't you, FP???

Yes, it was who is in eyemail goes...but it didn't work every week and I tried to tweak it...this week I think it works...so it's really not a theory anymore

and I'm not as omnipotent as shakes so....

Handcrafted by RollDdice

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-10-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "another hindsight theory"
here's one that fits this week's boot (if it's Sarge). I've only "tested" it once: On the Survivor live show following each weeks boot, the booted off survivor (in this case JK) really talks up NOT the following week's boot, but two weeks in advance. I noticed in JK's interview that he really had great things to say about Sarge (what a nice guy he is, etc.) This could serve CBS to subliminally prep the audience for an upcoming boot, but not be too obvious about the next boot. Anyone else notice a similar pattern with other bootees on SLive? It's a lot harder to document than the OFS theory, but could reinforce the evidence.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
Just helping out here. It's a good sounding theory, but OFS has no pizzazz. Doesn’t even spell anything. So here you go, no charge. No thanks necessary, my community service (one hour down, about a thousand to go).

The KINky Great FIfiteen minute SHakes hindsight theory - KINGFISH. Hey that’s a natural, just falls into place, and rolls off the tongue.

Seriously, not a bad sounding theory, reasonable, worth keeping tabs on.

We have to guess from the promos who will be featured in the first fifteen minutes of the show. Have the past promos had a reasonably specific indication as to who will be featured often enough to make this a reliable indicator? Hopefully someone will go back into the archives to check it out for % accuracy.

And it looks like you have a thread to post every week. But do it early, others seem to think their guess is the word of God so they wait till to late for a real debate. I know, there are or have been serious spoilers, but this year, they're not so reliable, so why not just out it and don't worry about the sheep.

But EVERYONE will want to know who the KINGFISH theory points to each week.

I subscribe to the B-ITCH TOSS theory this week, but after this week (and AMI is out the door), I will feel compelled to debate Shakes well named KINGFISH theory. The KINGFISH theory, that is.

(Sorry OFG, I wasn't around when you needed me, but I can help Shakes).

I’m comfy and cozy in my asbestos underwear.

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-04, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
Love the theories- love the humor. Will be keeping track of both down the road.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-11-04, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
I got to thinking and remembered something that was brought up early in the show.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5416.shtml

There was talk of a family visit spoil, around the F6 time, and Sarge was mentioned in this. Does this mean he's safe this week, or was this just a rumor and never proved?

Not posting this here to disagree with shakes (lurked long enough to not to do that for a while, if at all), just thought the thread had Sarge's name in it and would be a good spot

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "good question, but....."
>There was talk of a family
>visit spoil, around the F6
>time, and Sarge was mentioned
>in this. Does this
>mean he's safe this week,
>or was this just a
>rumor and never proved?

....that spoiler is BS. As of now there are NO family visit spoilers for ANYONE. The only thing that even resembles a family visit spoiler is Snewser saying that Eliza's boyfriend does NOT visit, which doesn't preclude someone else visiting Eliza so you can't really take anything from it.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: good question, but....."
I can remember OFS but Omnipotent kind of sticks in the craw ...

How about OFS--SIR . *in honor of Sarge*

Oh Fer Sure -- Shakes Is Right.

All of the people can be part right some of the time, and some of the people can be part right all of the time, but all of the people can't be all right all of the time.

11-11-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: good question, but....."
OK, I concede. Besides, it is hard work being me. I mean being a Theory Credit hijacker. So the KINGFISH theory is shelved for now.

It’s the Shakes Theory, or the Shakes HIndsight Theory. OK, that won’t fly. It’s the Shakes Theory, or the OFS or the OFS-SIS. And if we are forced to live without Pizzazz, so what.

By all of these theories, and the OFG indicator (not leaving you out of this) Sarge is toast.

And by all of these theories Ami is safe. Not counting the superimpositions, she has by my count, exactly three solo caps out of nearly a hundred and thirty this week. She is way way not featured. Unless the first portion of the show is laid out differently than the promos suggest.

So I’m back to my B-ITCH TOSS theory, because it’s the best strategic move by the bloc with the least self imposed constraints, and I’m going to be hardheaded enough to believe (hope is a better word here) that they see it and are strong enough to do it. All it takes is for at least two of the three (Twilla - one of her many contradictory promises was that she would, Eliza - her place in the hens pecking order and her beef with Scout?, and Julie) to vote with the men, so it’s not actually impossible.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-11-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Griffe post"
Indeed, TDT pointed out not to buy the earlier family visit spoiler. Sera retracted his family visit info as well.

"The only thing that even resembles a family visit spoiler is Snewser saying that Eliza's boyfriend does NOT visit, which doesn't preclude someone else visiting Eliza so you can't really take anything from it."

To add to shakes' quote though: a recent smiley face in a post by Griffe at sucks implies Eliza's Mom or Dad does indeed go.
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=18068.topic&start=248&stop=251

forehead

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Griffe post"
Forehead, are you saying that the Survivorfire post in Sera's thread is bunk?

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Griffe post"
"Forehead, are you saying that the Survivorfire post in Sera's thread is bunk?"

To quote TDT: "I wouldn't put too much stock in what SurvivorFire is saying there, if I were you."
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5416.shtml

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Oh Well..."
Thanks for setting that straight. Guess I was just holding onto some small hope that Sarge wasn't going to go as the obvious choice that he his.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-04 AT 09:46 AM (EST)

I totally agree with shakes. I noticed this editing style as I was watching America's Next Top Model 2 too. Dank... I should've posted my theory here then I could claim this as the SMTW theory .

With the exception of episode 1, where everyone was being freshly introduced, this theory holds up most of the time:

Ep. 2: Dolly boot
1st 15 minutes, Dolly was highlighted for crying when she had to eat the bad plaintain.

Ep. 3: Mia and JP boots
1st 15 minutes, Mia quarreling with Twila.
(And this is the exception to the rule) Rory was the one highlighted at Lopevi when Sarge complained that he didn't do a lot of physical work.

Ep. 4: Brady boot
Brady highlighted when he was shown trying to fish to buy himself more time on the island

Ep. 5: Travis boot
Travis misses his family.

Ep. 6: Lisa boot
(Another exception) Rory's highlighted where he said he doesn't want to slave around camp if he has no chance to survive the next TC.

Ep. 7: John K boot
Chad complained that John K was lazy.

Ep. 8: Rory boot
Rory complaining about the women's alliance.

Hence I'd say the theory's good but there are always exceptions, especially when the bootee's vulnerability had been discussed in previous episodes. Eg. for JP, his boot had already been discussed earlier when he asked Travis about his position at Lopevi. For Lisa's boot, I guess it was a surprise to us all coz I think the boot was a surprise to the editors as well. Lisa wasn't really vulnerable in previous episodes so the editors obviously couldn't have painted Lisa's vulnerability earlier. And since Lisa's boot seems to have stemmed from her manioc comment just hours before Tribal Council, the editors couldn't have portrayed her as being vulnerable earlier in the day either since her position had been pretty secure then.

Sarge seems to be the boot highlight this week with him being sick of the loving that's going on in the tribe. I think the editors have to use this editing technique of simplifying the bootee to the general audience who're just casual Survivor viewers. They need a simple reason to know why Sarge is targetted before Chris or Chad, and this is one of the simple reasons that the editors give them. Not so much the true reason (because he's a leader of the men) but a simple reason. The true reason is plain and simple to us hardcore Survivor fans but most casual viewers'd miss it because they don't analyze and think about the show like we do. But they'd somehow get it when they think, "oh... Sarge didn't like the environment more than Chad and Chris so that's why they boot him first".

We'll see if this theory holds up in a few hours time.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

11-11-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
Nice Try with the SMTW thing, but theory credit hijacking is MY thing. However I am available for consulting. And again, no Pizzazz, should spell a catchy and/or appropos acronym like BALLS, or KINGFISH (Sorry that just slipped in), or PIG, or SEXWAR, or even someting like the ROMBER theory.

But it's good work analyzing this Survivor, and instructive I think, Thanks.

One small thing, the editors are editing all the spisodes after all the location film/video has been shot, not on a week to week basis as in, say, Big Brother. So they knew before they edited the first episode of this Survivor when Lisa was to be booted. FOr example, this weeks' episode was shot in July. So the only constraint in their portrayal of Lisa was if they failed to shoot enough video and didn't have anything to work with. Which, although possible, is not probably becauase as pros, they shoot hours of video for each minute they actually use.

The Sarge explaination/analysis is apt I think.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-04 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

Lol... U crack me up, king. My 'pizzazz' vote goes to your Shakes Hindsight Theory .

Oh, when I said the editors were 'surprised' by Lisa's boot, I didn't mean that the editors didn't know Lisa was gonna be the next boot since the show was obviously filmed months earlier. What I meant to say was that it had been an unexpected boot for the editors storyline-wise since Lisa's position had been secure before Manioc-gate happened. Hence, there were no strategizing by other players to kick Lisa out (as it happened with JP). And when that didn't happen, the editors obviously had no footage to show.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Using hindsight in advance (why I think Sarge goes this week)"
Shakes! It's so good to see you visit the spoiling threads again and I couldn't agree with your OFS Theory more!

Scarlett

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "The F should stand for..."
...Fester. The Official Fester/Shakes Theory:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5494&forum=DCForumID2&omm=16

Last week we had Rory's discontent shoved down our throats. This week it's Sarge's. I believe your E9 boot is Sarge.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The F should stand for..."
Great (albeit marginally twisted) minds thinking alike, I suppose. Sarge makes the most sense strategically-he's too dominant in the challenges. Other than Ami, who else would everyone wish to eliminate as the stiffest individual competition?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •