The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 9 Web Promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-05-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 9 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-04 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

From SFever... Sorry the numbering is off but I followed Fever's numbers and there's a gap between 30 and 40.

VO> Survivor is America's most watched Reality show...
VO> Thursday, guys are outnumbered 5 to 3...
JP> Sarge, you look angry
VO> They're the island's newest endangered species
Sarge> Oh my gawd
VO> And if they can't break the all-female alliance...
Twila> I did give my word....
Sarge> You gave me your word Twila
VO> They'll become...extinct
Eliza(?)> It's definitely personal
Chris> Scout will burn Eliza
Twila> I didn't screw you all on purpose
Chris> ..definitely showed vulnerability in the women's alliance
<Chad/Chris/Sarge laughing>
VO> The battle of the sexes heats up...
VO> Don't miss a new Survivor, CBS Thursday

(Umm...CBS, are you paying attention at all? The guys are outnumbered 6 to 3.)

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 9 Web Promo KObrien_fan 11-05-04 1
   RE: Ep 9 Web Promo emydi 11-05-04 5
       RE: Ep 9 Web Promo PepeLePew13 11-07-04 22
   RE: Ep 9 Web Promo okaloosajohn 11-05-04 13
       RE: Ep 9 Web Promo SoxFan 11-07-04 19
   RE: Ep 9 Web Promo Capn2patch 11-06-04 18
 OKAY..IT FINALLY IS CONFIRMED emydi 11-05-04 2
   RE: OKAY..IT FINALLY IS CONFIRMED Brownroach 11-05-04 4
 RE: Ep 9 Web Promo wendyp 11-05-04 3
   RE: Ep 9 Web Promo Brownroach 11-05-04 12
 RE: Ep 9 Web Promo KObrien_fan 11-05-04 6
   RE: Ep 9 Web Promo sylvester 11-05-04 7
       RE: Ep 9 Web Promo emydi 11-05-04 10
       RE: Ep 9 Web Promo alwaysintruble1 11-05-04 14
   RE: Ep 9 Web Promo PinkPelican 11-05-04 8
   RE: Ep 9 Web Promo emydi 11-05-04 9
 Q & A Blocks challenge Brownroach 11-05-04 11
   I have a question about the challen... Fitty 11-05-04 15
 RE: Ep 9 Web Promo sylvester 11-05-04 16
 RE: Ep 9 Web Promo sylvester 11-06-04 17
 Not convinced fire challenge is IC Flowerpower 11-07-04 20
   RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... sylvester 11-07-04 21
       RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... KLicK 11-07-04 23
           RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... Flowerpower 11-07-04 24
               RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... kingfish 11-07-04 25
                   RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... Flowerpower 11-07-04 26
                   RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... sylvester 11-07-04 27
                       RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... kingfish 11-07-04 28
                           RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... sylvester 11-07-04 29
                               RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... kingfish 11-08-04 30
                               RE: Not convinced fire challenge is... Brownroach 11-08-04 31
 Something is bothering me about thi... sylvester 11-08-04 32
   RE: Something is bothering me about... Flowerpower 11-08-04 33
       RE: Something is bothering me about... Gingerman28 11-08-04 34
           RE: Something is bothering me about... AMAZON 11-08-04 35
               RE: Something is bothering me about... pax 11-10-04 51
                   RE: Something is bothering me about... tribephyl 11-10-04 52
 Will history help us? KObrien_fan 11-09-04 36
   RE: Will history help us? DRONES 11-09-04 37
       RE: Will history help us? KObrien_fan 11-09-04 38
   RE: Will history help us? Flowerpower 11-09-04 39
       RE: Will history help us? Scarlett O Hara 11-10-04 56
           RE: Will history help us? Flowerpower 11-10-04 58
               RE: Will history help us? sylvester 11-10-04 59
   RE: Will history help us? aethelstan 11-09-04 40
       RE: Will history help us? emydi 11-09-04 41
           RE: Will history help us? sylvester 11-09-04 42
               RE: Will history help us? Brownroach 11-09-04 43
                   RE: Will history help us? JazzyJax 11-09-04 44
                   RE: Will history help us? sylvester 11-09-04 45
                       RE: Will history help us? Brownroach 11-09-04 46
                           RE: Will history help us? sylvester 11-09-04 47
                               RE: Will history help us? Brownroach 11-09-04 48
                                   RE: Will history help us? Scarlett O Hara 11-10-04 57
                       RE: Will history help us? Krautboy 11-09-04 49
 New thought aethelstan 11-09-04 50
   RE: New thought Flowerpower 11-10-04 53
 IC Challenge Flowerpower 11-10-04 54
 I dunno... KObrien_fan 11-10-04 55
   RE: I dunno... Brownroach 11-10-04 60

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-04 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

I think for the IC they are going to have questions to answer (see the answer blocks they are holding) and then will light someones torch. Either once all the torches are lit or anytime afetr a torch is lit, the second phase is to snuff the torches. This is a two stage way to reveal alliances, first you light the people you want to get rid of, then you snuff them.

Also, dont we have 6 women Ami, Scout, Twila, Leann, Eliza, and Julie?

Why on earth are they saying it's 5 vs 3?????

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-04 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

Or maybe Katie, the first round is getting them lit, you want as many of yours lit as you can get (sort of like getting PLINKO chips-for you BEBO ) and then the next round you douse the ones you want out--last one with fire...imo SCOUT...wins immunity

I think the guys are done with Julie (remember Chad never really trusted her and the men made a mistake) and they try to infiltrate the women through Scout...

2. One group of Survivors (flab 3) hatch a devilish plan to screw over their tribemates. (T/J)

Chad is eliminating Julie here imo

CHRIS: Scout will burn Eliza

We know there is no love lost between Eliza and Scout..misdirection--probably (for this ep. anyway)

So maybe the men come up with a plan to replace Julie in their F5 with Scout...Twila likes her and Scout likes Twila..I also think Scout likes Chad alot..maybe they string along Julie even and say they are going to vote out Ami and Julie actually does vote Ami (alone) and they go after Julie this week and Eliza next (or vice versa)

So its:

Chad/Chris/Sarge/Twila/Scout: vote Julie
Julie: vote Ami or Sarge in what she thinks is backstabbing
Ami/Eliza/Leann: Sarge

I think Julie may be the first juror--it sure does fit with the editing and the fact that she has no story....am I crazy??? this just came to me...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
It seems to me that it's more than just "Chad eliminating Julie" but a subtle hint that Julie's getting her torch snuffed out this week. Add the flame pic in #63 to your three:

Julie's getting torched.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-05-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
Maybe...just maybe, they screwed up and used next week's numbers.

If Twila and Julie vote with the men this week, it WILL be 5 vs 3 next week!

http://community.realitytvworld.
com/boards/User_files/3fbe6235563f109c.gif

SoxFan 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-07-04, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SoxFan Click to send private message to SoxFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
I think the 5 to 3 thing means that the men's alliance has slipped for 5 to 3...cause then it says, Extinct or Extintion, right?

The women joining with the women makes so much more sense than vise versa. The women have to know that they have a much better chance against each other in the end than against the men.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-06-04, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
Freudian slip?

11-05-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "OKAY..IT FINALLY IS CONFIRMED"
CBS or whoever does these promos is totally clueless...

VO> Thursday, guys are outnumbered 5 to 3...

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

11-05-04, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: OKAY..IT FINALLY IS CONFIRMED"
I just noticed that too emy. Idiots.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-05-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
Only one nto focues on is Leanne ~ I see her in the race with Jule. Lots of pics of Jule and eliza

Also is says 5 to 3...isn't it 6 - 3?? maybe the rumor that someone is medivaced out happens this episode.

Thanks for the vid caps

11-05-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
maybe the rumor that someone is medivaced out happens this episode.

I think I finally figured out what this is about. Ami falls and impales herself on her coconut-chopping stake and her head comes off and they discover that she is actually an android.

11-05-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
Caps 2-6 are recycled from when Lopevi got to dig in episode 3, Chad has less facial hair and is wearing his red buff and blurry but kneeling down is Bubba.

Wonder where the guys get the outrigger canoe shown in caps 17, 50, 58 and 59?

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-05-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
I agree KO, the beginning caps are recycled, Bubba is clearly visible.

The outrigger was waiting at Lopevi when they arrived back at camp after the merge.

I'd say the CBS misdirection about an evil plot is answered the the shots of the 3 men in the outrigger, Chad is throwing his head back and laughing in a definite 'evil plot' type of way.

Also, just a thought, but did CBS just inadvertently tell us a woman is going home this week? 5 to 3? Maybe the promo people got a little ahead of themselves. That's my guess.

Sylvester (just call me CAT)

11-05-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
No, CAT, CBS is to blame here..just sloppy work, imo

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-04, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
Also, just a thought, but did CBS just inadvertently tell us a woman is going home this week? 5 to 3? Maybe the promo people got a little ahead of themselves. That's my guess.

I thought the same thing Cat, as soon as I read this. It seems to be a mistake, but they have way too many people that edit and check these promos (at least you would think they did), for it to be just a simple mistake. IMO I think CBS is giving out a clue to keep people interested and not thinking the guys are done for and without any chances.

AlwaysInTruble
We've all tried this at least once....Admit it

PinkPelican 4 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-04, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PinkPelican Click to send private message to PinkPelican Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
The outrigger was at camp after they returned from the merge --- their celebration feast was on it.

11-05-04, 04:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
Good catch..I thought that looked familiar...but why recycle here...Chad almost won that II..he was right behind JK...does Chad win the reward? he sure is all over this promo...not that I mind

11-05-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
11. "Q & A Blocks challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-04 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

Must be part of the skullhead challenge. In caps 61 and 62 it looks like Julie has just been eliminated.

Fitty 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-04, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fitty Click to send private message to Fitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "I have a question about the challenges"
Do you think the Q & A Block/Skull challenge is for immunity? And secondly do you think that these caps have anything to do with the Reward Challenge? Why would Leanne and Julie being running in the woods? And how does the pig fit into all of this?

11-05-04, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-04 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

Look closely at this pic of Scout.

Do you see the discoloration on her face? Looks like a big purple bruise on the left side of her face. Perhaps she fell down during the running challenge?

I also found all the pics of Scout hugging a little strange. Are they welcoming her back?

Edited to say: nevermind! Later broadcast shots have better lighting, I no longer think these are bruises.

11-06-04, 05:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 9 Web Promo"

Studying vidcaps again, trying to find a clue about whether there are 2 challenges this week, and/or, which challenge the skulls/fire 'flesh out the pecking order' could be.

The only thing I've come up with so far is this. In the preview cap here, Jeffy is saying that Sarge looks angry. Notice the structures behind Jeffy. Looks like an elevated seat or tower, and then some type of pole that JP is standing against. In the next shot, Sarge is wearing the IN. I assume Sarge wouldn't wear the IN to RC? I see no sign of these structures in the skulls/fire pics. Different challenge?

If anyone has an idea of what the structures behind JP could be, please jump in!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-04, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-04 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

I have been lurking on all of the sites lately and I am just not convinced that the snuff out the fire after answering questions challenge is the IC, as most seem to be speculating. As someone over at Sucks noted, having the alliance revealing challenge would make more sense if it were for reward. Namely, it would give those that are on the outskirts of the alliances more time to think about where they stand prior to TC, thus more time to perhaps approach others to scheme and plot...

Secondly, it would also make more sense to have a more physical challenge, that would perhaps favor one of the endangered guys, as the IC as the guys numbers are dwindling fast.

Here are some vidcaps that I think are from the IC. First we have Jiffy addressing Sarge, noting that he looks angry:

Here is Sarge at the beginning of the IC, note that he is wearing the IN, and note the clear sky, kind of overcast a bit behind him.

Now what is Chad doing here, is it part of the IC or is it at camp?, note the paint still on his arm?

Now here is a pic of Scout, perhaps at the IC start(Note the background again and that her hair is pulled back instead of the hippie style that she wears in the snuff the torch challenge), but her pick is superimposed with a pic of Sarge wearing the IN. I think this is the start of the IC.

Now here are Julie and Leanne running into the jungle, it appears that they may have started back where the clearing is, perhaps the IC.

Perhaps Scout wins the RC, the reveal the alliances challenge and goes somewhere, thus all of the shots of her kissing everyone, as if she is either going somewhere or has returned from somewhere? Why would she be kissing everyone?

Just not convinced that the reveal the alliance challenge is indeed the IC.

ETA: Cat, I am in agreement with your thinking!

11-07-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
"Perhaps Scout wins the RC, the reveal the alliances challenge and goes somewhere, thus all of the shots of her kissing everyone, as if she is either going somewhere or has returned from somewhere? Why would she be kissing everyone?"

Flower, I agree. I posted the pics of Jeff and Sarge also, the structures behind Jeff lead me to believe that it is a different challenge than the skulls/fire.

I'd also add that there is another vidcap in the web promo of Leann hugging Ami in a similar manner to Scout hugging Ami. Both shots look to be at camp, at about the same time since Ami's hair looks the same in both pics.

My guess is that the skulls/fire challenge IS for reward, that Scout wins it, and chooses to take Leann with her. The reward is a trip somewhere, to a local village, to a mini feast, or whatever, but it involves leaving camp.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-07-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
The picture of Scout/Ami makes me wonder though. If Scout was leaving/returning, would Eliza be sitting back so disinterested? Usually everyone gathers around for a welcome/send-off.

11-07-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
I'm inclined to agree with the Cat. I think that the fire/skulls, reveal the alliance is indeed for reward and that Scout may win it and take Leanne, or that Leanne may win it and take Scout....perhaps because they finish one and two in the challenge. I also think that they leave and go somewhere else for the reward, thus all of the kissing. Is it an over night reward....
Perhaps this is Scout leaving, note hippy hair down and blue shirt on, hugging Eliza saying good-bye...???

and perhaps this is Scout returning, note blue shirt off, hat on, hair pulled back...???

I think that this answers your question KLick, if Scout was leaving/returning, would Eliza be sitting back so disinterested?

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-04 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

I think the caps indicate that maybe Scout doesn’t win anything. The hugs/hugs are just her hippy dippy way, with her there could be a lot of hug/hug reasons, she may hug/hug everyone (women at least) sometime every day. And the second cap in the FP post shows Ami in a yellow buff (pre-merge).

This is the telling cap, I think. The mental contest that Scout might have a chance at, is still underway, there are still survivors in the background holding blocks. Scout is no longer holding blocks, and may be out of this game. She looks grim. Or is she lighting someones torch after answering a question correctly? Maybe. She also might have moved up to a second phase of the contest.

I see the possible lump, and I gotta say, after last week when there so many trying to not see the IN in Sarges hand, (it actually was there during the show), that it’s probably a lump. Bug bite, glasses impact, contest scar, whatever, but let’s not talk ourselves out of what seem obvious.

Lastly, what is she holding in the above cap? A torch, and part of it seems to be a snake but it’s so confused I can’t see enough of it to really tell. Is it a skull or something in the foreground?

11-07-04, 04:29 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
and the second cap in the FP post shows Ami in a yellow buff(pre-merge).

Disagree, Kingfish. It is that yellowish-orangish wrap that she has been wearing all along, mostly on her head. Here is an old cap with it on her head, while her yellow buff is around her neck...

and another picture of it on her head...

11-07-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
"And the second cap in the FP post shows Ami in a yellow buff (pre-merge)."

Kingfish, I believe you're referring to this pic:

If you are referring to the material wrapped around Ami's midsection, that's not a yellow buff, it's that gauzey wrap that she often puts on her head. It is peach/yellow, here's a close-up:

Also, if you notice Eliza in the background of the first pic, you can see she has an orange buff on. This is not pre-merge.

In the pic of Scout at the challenge, she is holding the torch to light someone's fire. Other shots show Leann, Eliza, and Chad with the same torch.

I have to stick with Flower and say I believe Scout (or Leann) wins this for reward, and the hugs are in fact upon leaving and arriving back from reward. The people are still lined up behind Scout because she won the question. When eliminated, they go sit down. (refer to the shot of Eliza looking unhappy, with Chad's arm behind her)

11-07-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-04 AT 04:48 PM (EST)

Thanks FP and Syl, I see it, it looked like a buff on Ami, but the orange buff in the background settles the issue for me. Appreciate the feedback.

And, as I consider it, Scout probably isn't out of the challenge at this point, she is lighting a torch for someone (else?).

I'm still trying to see what about these caps says she wins, though. Other that the speculations that it makes sense in a story, theme, editing, titles, MB/JP manipulations, etc. way, is there anything in these caps that is an indication she might win? LIke the IN in Sarges hand? (I'm still kicking myself for talking myself out of that one).

11-07-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
"I'm still trying to see what about these caps says she wins, though. Other that the speculations that it makes sense in a story, theme, editing, titles, MB/JP manipulations, etc. way, is there anything in these caps that is an indication she might win? LIke the IN in Sarges hand? "

Kingfish, the vidcaps don't point to the winner imho so much as the nature of the challenge.

I can't see how Scout could lose any type of trivia challenge. Whether about Vanuatu, folklore, magic, or even the survivors themselves, Scout has a real advantage here.

Add that to the vidcaps showing possible departure/arrival/congratulations hugs, and to me, that means Scout likely wins reward.

11-08-04, 08:42 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
Thanks syl appreciate the response. And OK , it's resonable to deduce that the hugs/hugs is in response to her returning from a reward after winning RC. It's not conclusive but it's seldom that a clue is conclusive. So I'll buy it for the moment. I should these read these posts more closely because thats what you and FP (possibly others) had posted, sorry bout that.

>
>I can't see how Scout could
>lose any type of trivia
>challenge. Whether about Vanuatu,
>folklore, magic, or even the
>survivors themselves, Scout has a
>real advantage here.

But it's also easy to see how she could lose. Primarily because there are eight other competitors who aren't all morons any of whom could win on a given day with a given set of questions.

Let's not forget that Eliza is the Eluers square solver, she's smart. I don't know how much of the specific kind of trivia will be asked, she's younger and that would work against her.

They have in the past used trivia about each other, and Twila and Julie would have a leg up there since they have the most exposure to all of the remaining survivors.

They've also in the past, listened to JP read about local customs, lore, etc, then the contest becomes who remembers trivia from that.

But based on the caps and the promos scout as RC winner is the best guess at this point.

11-08-04, 10:42 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Not convinced fire challenge is IC"
Whether about Vanuatu, folklore, magic, or even the survivors themselves, Scout has a real advantage here.

I agree, sylvester. Scout seems to have an affinity for the type of stuff that gets asked in these challenges. It was she who suggested the aboriginal tribe name Alinta. I didn't get the impression she picked up that word just now, she knew it from before. So she probably knew other details about the area before arriving there, whereas I doubt anyone else did.

11-08-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
32. "Something is bothering me about this vidcap...."

And has been bothering me since I first viewed the web promo.
This photo of Scout:

Notice the discoloration at the top? Almost looks like they've been playing with backgrounds again, and forgot about a few pixels at the top of the photo. Plus, it's just too white. Also, why are Scout's photogray lenses this dark if the sky is that overcast? Compare that background with the background behind Sarge with the IN in this photo:

Behind Sarge, it looks more like an actual overcast day. It's not bright white like the background behind Scout.

Why the photoshop? (If that's what it is) Could this pic of Scout be from her reward trip? She looks bundled up to me, seems odd to wear everything to an immunity challenge. Anybody have thoughts to add? Please?

11-08-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Something is bothering me about this vidcap...."
I don't know Cat, here's a vidcap of the same shot that does appear to be overcast...

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-08-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Something is bothering me about this vidcap...."
Just a note. In this weekend's CBS network promos most of them were the same as the ones we have vidcaps for above. Except that frames 7, 8, and 9 have been edited out of the sequence. There no longer is a reference to 5 against 3 and the VO does not say the men are outnumbered 5 to 3, rather just that the men are outnumbered. So it looks like it was a very bad goof on the part of the intern responsible for editing the promo and the intern is probably now looking for a new job. 5 to 3 mostlikely refers to next week after either Julie, Ami or Eliza is voted out this week.

AMAZON 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-08-04, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAZON Click to send private message to AMAZON Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Something is bothering me about this vidcap...."
Tonight during Still Standing, they went back to show the original "5 to 3" promo. Why would they switch back?

pax 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-04, 03:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pax Click to send private message to pax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Something is bothering me about this vidcap...."
ya know, this has got me thinking about something that's been eating at me for a while...

the double boot episode got the survivors back on schedule, but are the viewers back on sked?

Without a week with an extra episode, we're looking at a schedule that would put the final just a week before Christmas:

Nov. 12 -- 9 survivors
Nov. 19 -- 8
Nov. 26 -- 7
Dec. 2 -- 6
Dec. 9 -- 5
Dec. 16 -- Final Four

This seems late to me. It's usually when the networks are heavily into holiday programming and viewership is affected by holiday parties, vacations and shopping. It seems that when the series has ended this time of year, it's been earlier in the month. Of course, it's also possible they could do final 5 on a thursday and the finale on the following sunday, or something like that.

But... what if the CBS site -- which we know monitors the spoiler sites but hasn't changed the 5-3 preview -- isn't wrong?

Consider that they're only showing one challenge. That makes it possible that, maybe between the RC and the IC, someone is injured or otherwise quits, and they're not showing the other challenge because it would be clear that someone is missing. Scout's knee is bothering her. We know from Insider that Chris has foot problems, and he says others are worse off than him.

Working against this theory, of course, is that if something that big were about to happen, they likely would promote the hell out of it -- or would they? They sure did when Mike Skupin fell into the fire. But I was trying to remember -- how much did they foreshadow Osten, Jenna and Sue quitting?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-04, 06:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Something is bothering me about this vidcap...."
Working against this theory, of course, is that if something that big were about to happen, they likely would promote the hell out of it -- or would they? They sure did when Mike Skupin fell into the fire. But I was trying to remember -- how much did they foreshadow Osten, Jenna and Sue quitting?

Wow! Yes! Mike's "Fire-Pit Plunge" was huge. But, at the time everyone thought (at least, from the promos) that it might be a "Croc-Attack".
It was a full episode focus, though.

When Osten was "removed" from the island there was small buzz.
We knew he was a complainer.
We knew from mis-direction that someone wasn't "long for the game".
We even were given a couple of "near drowning" promos to help us with deciding his departure.
Most however thought it would come down to a voting situation. Twasn't!
Sue had a huge "break-down" as evidenced in the promos and Jenna had a "sob-session" that also was shown in the promos. Their departure was still in question though. (okay maybe not Jenna, most knew she was 3rd to go anyway. Sue, we knew wasn't part of the Jury. She could have gone in a TribalCouncil voting situation though.)

If someone gets burned, or someone decides that they want to quit, I would expect some clue in the promos.
We haven't been given a clue as to such an activity happening.
Therefore, I say, we have a tribal council, where everyone gives a vote. (Be it 8-1 or 5-4)

More like 5-4 with the title taken under consideration.
"Gender Wars..." (okay, 6-3. Lame war! But it's the focus.)

If it really was a 5-3 situation (as in 8 people not 9) when they end up going to tribal council. We haven't been given the clues.
(Devil's Advocate: Unless the rampant Scout huggings are the clue. ?.)

My thought is that CBS has totally F'd up again.
It's happened before. NOT this huge, but it's happened.

Sn'DCS©MMIV

Thankfully MB is still there during filming. Otherwise it could turn out to be a "LoveCruise" type of situation. (No reflection upon Shakes.)

11-09-04, 06:13 AM (EST)
36. "Will history help us?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-04 AT 06:15 AM (EST)

I went back through the challenges of each season to see how many of the alliance revealing challenges have been for immunity vs how many have been for reward and this is what I came up with-

S1- None
S2- Episode 11 Blue Plate Special, Colby wins immunity
S3- Episode 11 Pot Shots, Big Tom wins immunity
S4- Episode 8 Parang Swing, Tammy wins immunity, Episode 11 Sands of Time, Vecepia wins immunity
S5- Episode 10 Snuff it, Helen wins immunity
S6- None
S7- Episode 10 Killer, Burton wins immunity
S8- Episode 12 Face off, Rupert wins reward
S9- Episode 9 Snuff it Revisited...For immunity or reward?

Out of 7 times a challenge of this nature has been run, 6 times it has been for immunity. Also, the earlier in the season that it is done, the more likely the chance to actually have an effect. The other noticeable trend is that the winner of each has mostly been a non-threatening member of the dominant alliance, with the exception of Burton and possibly Colby.

I believe that the pig is part of the reward challenge and that the reward challenge is the running challenge. The Snuff It Revisited challenge is for immunity and thats when Eliza realizes the pecking order and doesn't like what she sees. Leann or Scout would be the ideal winners of this challenge- non-threatening cogs in the dominant alliance, leaning toward Scout because of the respect she would get from everyone as their elder.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-04, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Will history help us?"
As I was reading through that list I was thinking of who would be the least threatening and Scout and Chad came to mind. It would be delicious if Eliza lost to Scout in a challange that ultimately results in her being booted.

DRONES

11-09-04, 07:47 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Will history help us?"
But, Chad is not in the major alliance at this time, they always get picked off first in challenges like this, I think Chad and Julie are among the first to be snuffed as they go after each other more because of last weeks boot.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

11-09-04, 07:59 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Will history help us?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-04 AT 08:00 AM (EST)

Here are the caps that make me suspect that the IC is not the reveal the alliances challenge. Also please note that there is a blueish structure behind Jiffy, and a yellowish structure behind Scout, and perhaps a reddish structure behind Sarge??

I believe that all of these caps were taken at the IC, as Sarge is wearing the IN. Note that Scout is in different attire and hairdo than the reveal the alliances, skull/fire challenge. Who knows though, with all of the hide the backgrounds that CBS is capable of...???

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-10-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Will history help us?"
To me, the yellow thing behind Scout looks like a boat or a raft. It is in the water, isn't it?

Scarlett

11-10-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Will history help us?"
Scarlett: Is it behind her or in front of her???

11-10-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Will history help us?"

FP, I saw the thread at Mess that talks about the yellow thing being in front of Scout in that pic. I tried to look at it that way but it gives me a headache, lol.

My first thought when I saw that vidcap (and posted earlier that something bothered me about it) was that the background was edited out, and that is a pic of Scout sitting down, on her reward trip. I originally thought the yellow thing was a rock, but agree with Scarlett that it also may be a boat, but whichever way, is in the water. I see Scout as floating past it.

If I stare at that pic any longer I believe I will go cross-eyed. Lol.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-09-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Will history help us?"
KO,

In Amazon, there was a mask immunity challenge with a 3 strikes you're out theme after which Dave the Rocket Scientist got booted. I would put that in the same group of challenges as you have listed above because contrary to most challenges where immunity is won or lost on your own merit, with these challenges, you could get all the questions right and still lose because too many others are gunning for you.

That's why I think they are a terrible idea as immunity challenges. I don't mind them as reward challenges though.

©Forged by RollDdice.

11-09-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Will history help us?"
and maybe EPMB wants to change it up a bit...he did it in Allstars and made the mask challenge the reward...also, it gives the players who find out they are lower than they think on the totem pole (i.e. Eliza this week) time after the reward to connive and shake things up.

Also, I think all the kissing etc. of Scout and by Scout is her coming back from her reward...

What running challenge, Katie? Caps 41-42 look more like they are at camp, imho.

11-09-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Will history help us?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-04 AT 06:27 PM (EST)

KO, I have to respectfully disagree that the skulls challenge is IC, for 2 reasons.

First, while it is far from concrete evidence, I do believe that the shots of Scout hugging everyone showing 2 different outfits and hairdos lead to the conclusion that she is leaving and arriving from a reward trip. Since I think that Scout would be nearly unbeatable at a trivia/show your alliances challenge, I think it's a reasonable conclusion.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, the only type of timeline I can piece together revolves around the body painting done in the last episode. I have to assume that within the upcoming 3 day episode, they will wash off their artwork.

To start off the timeline for the skulls challenge, we have these shots:

Notice the outfits and hairdos of Leann & Julie while they are running (the same outfits and hairdos shown at the skulls challenge)

Now this photo, in which I believe Leann & Julie are reporting the treemail for the skulls challenge, I think Leann is holding a skull, notice it seems to be fairly heavy from the way she is holding it, and Eliza's and Leann's facial expression in regards to what Leann is holding. (I cropped the original vidcap down to just Leann & Eliza, in the original cap Julie and Scout are both there also)

There is evidence that the paint remains during the skull challenge. We have these shots to prove it:

In this shot, the top of Julie's 'Jeff' heart is visible at the very bottom of the photo. This is from the skulls challenge, as it is Julie's reaction to Chad snuffing a torch.

And in this shot, of Chad sitting behind Eliza after both are eliminated (and Eliza is ticked), Chad's arm is clearly painted.

In the web promo itself, you can also clearly see Eliza's paint around her eyes, but I cannot find a vidcap that shows it clearly.

So, proof of paint at the skulls challenge. I cannot find any vidcaps that show evidence of paint in relation to Eliza and the pig tree mail time frame.

We do however, have these shots:

This shot of JP is when he is saying "Sarge, you look angry". I am noticing the structures behind JP. It looks like a fence of some type, or at least a log rail, and behind him you can see a stand or platform seat. Notice the fern type greenery in the background.

And then this blurry double exposure pic of Julie. Notice she has her buff around her head now, and an unhappy or puzzled expression on her face. Also notice the fern type greenery in the background.

I am still trying to figure out what the pig Eliza finds with the tree mail has to do with the IC. They have already chased pigs, surely they won't repeat that. What about some type of endurance challenge, perhaps that involves something greased with pig fat? Or a repeat of what Brady did in Ep1, climbing a pole greased with pig fat? Without any other evidence, I'm afraid we won't know until the episode airs, but surely a pig or it's components have something to do with it.

I could be all wet KO, lol, but I'm sticking with the skulls challenge being for RC.

11-09-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Will history help us?"
AkaIves over at Mess Hall points out that this shot of Eliza...

...pans over to Scout, eating at camp...

If this shot is from the same sequence, Eliza and Chad are at camp, not the challenge:

I'm not sure how big an issue the body paint is. If you look very closely, Eliza has pink dots around her eyes here that virtually blend in with her skin; she may or may not have them in the pig shots. Some of the others, like Chad, may keep a design here or there until it fades away. And Julie will probably never wash her Jeff heart off.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Will history help us?"
> And Julie will probably
>never wash her Jeff heart
>off.

Lol, this could be true. I thought I noticed last night that there was several boredom shots of body painting, and one of the ladies (I think Julie?) had different pictures done over the same area, indicating continuing entertainment. But, still a good catch by Cat!

11-09-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Will history help us?"
BR, I would point out that those 2 shots of Eliza have different backgrounds.

This one is at camp, and the shot does follow Eliza looking over to Scout eating:

While this one, that I believe is at the skulls challenge, shows a tree or stump next to Eliza. They're both taken from the same angle, so cannot be in the same sequence.

As I said before, I may be all wet, but since this is the only evidence trail I can find, it's the only thing I can logically go with.

11-09-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Will history help us?"
They might be from different sequences, but the second shot could be at camp as well. When Eliza is haranguing Twila she is in front of a tree and Chad is sitting there.

Or it might be from the skull challenge. I just don't think it's conclusive.

11-09-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Will history help us?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-04 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

Edited to say: Oh nevermind.

BR is right, I'm overly sensitive, lol.

11-09-04, 05:54 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Will history help us?"
Don't be so sensitive. I'm just saying that I'm not sure the remnants of the body paint tell us which challenge this is.

I was pretty much thinking it would be the RC until you posted the cap of Leann and Eliza with the treemail and skulls, which should obviously precede this challenge.

If that's the case, I can't really reconcile the pig tree mail with being for IC. Eliza seems excited in the pig sequence, but happy, not distraught. Does she just get over whatever was bothering her earlier that she felt was "personal"?

Plus one of the promos says Eliza gets a new pet, which suggests we'll see her spend some "happy" time with the pig. But if the pig arrives right before the IC, then they have the challenge, then they have to figure out who to vote off, I can't see the pig getting much of a storyline.

But then there's Scout in different clothes from the skull challenge, with the same background as Sarge wearing the necklace.

So, the answer is...I don't know.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-10-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Will history help us?"
Couldn't help but think about this... maybe Eliza is unhappy and mad because her tribemates ate the pig! Maybe that is a photo of Scout eating the pig? FWIW. LOL!

Scarlett

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Will history help us?"
Sylvester: Great vidcap analysis again this week...

These two shots may be from different locations at different times, but Eliza has not moved her buff in between. The folds are exactly the same in each shot, so they are definately from the same day. One could be from the trivia challenge and the other from camp either before or after the RC or they could both be from camp as Brownroach points out.

I would agree that these shots are inconclusive...

Krautboy

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-09-04, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "New thought"
If we take a look at these pics

>> 48
>
> 49
>
> 50
>
> 51
>
>
I think the background behind Eliza in pic 51 is the same rocky background that is behind Eliza in 48/49. Note that Chad is sitting in a similar position in the three pics. My guess is that 51 happens right after she says 'it's personal' to Twila and sits down.

Now, what about pic 50? Well, this is what my Chaucer prof would have called significant juxtaposition. To me, it suggests that Eliza is in a quandry because she is the lowest (or next-to-lowest) woman on the totem pole (48, 49) but the men (50) represent an alternate which she is considering (51).
If she takes her best Yasur friend Julie with her, she can get Scout or Ami voted off 5 to 4.

Will it happen? Can't be sure.
Seems to me that stories are developed over a two to three episode time frame here. That is to say, Eliza may bide her time and plant her seeds not so much for the very next tribal council but the one after. So, while Ockham's razor suggests Lea as the most obvious target, the foreshadowing is there to show that Eliza will bolt from the all-women's alliance at the time of her choosing.

11-10-04, 06:32 AM (EST)
53. "RE: New thought"
stan, this is the same way that I read these vidcaps. Your scenario seems quite possible and logical. I do think that Eliza's move will come during this episode perhaps causing the "violent storms" in next weeks episode. I just don't know if she'll take Julie with her or not. I am beginning to think you may be right on this as well.

Great speculation!

11-10-04, 07:53 AM (EST)
54. "IC Challenge"
Over at SSucks, gmrose posted these pics:

The one of big Tom has him in an obstacle course when there were only 5 survivors left. The course started out with a balance beam that was raised at the end of it(Rupert had a terrible time with that), then they belly crawled through mud and low beams, then they approached where Tom is approaching, which is a puzzle to complete...I can see where they are speculating that this structure behind Jiffy, and in front of Scout just may be the same thing??? I'm skeptical though, it does'nt look like a tilted up puzzle to me, but more like logs...I wonder if it will be meet in the middle of the log and push your opponent off? What do you all think?

If it is a puzzle, it's either a very complicated one that will take a while, or it's just part of another obstacle course...

11-10-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
55. "I dunno..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-04 AT 10:26 AM (EST)

Scouts hair looks matty and dirty in the shot of it up in a pony tail with her hat on, but in pic 19 where she has the torch in her hand it is loose and flowing and looks clean and fluffy. If she won reward and got to get away from camp and have a meal and get cleaned up, then that would make the Snuff It Revisited the immunity challenge. But is the pig part of the reward feast?

Maybe the reward challenge is gross food, that is something Scout could win. I think Leann or Scout would be most likely to win Snuff It Revisited (as I speculated in an earlier post).

I dunno, I am not convinced about the challenges this week, the vidcaps stink. But I do think that Eliza gets POed about the pecking order and votes with the guys plus Julie and Twila to get rid of Ami.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

11-10-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
60. "RE: I dunno..."
I'm totally confused about the challenges too.

I just can't seem them getting the pig with the IC tree mail. But sylvester posted caps of another tree mail that goes with the skull challenge. So that would make me lean toward the skull challenge having to be IC.

But then there's that cap of Scout in different clothes with the weird white background like Sarge's when he's wearing the IN. Which would mean the skull challenge is not IC.

So I'm thinking maybe that Scout cap is not from a challenge sequence and the background is doctored as sylvester suggested.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •