The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-27-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
Airs November 11

From okiebikergirl at Chatter:
http://p072.ezboard.com/fsurvivorchatterfrm152.showMessage?topicID=54.topic

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... Flowerpower 10-27-04 1
 RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... KObrien_fan 10-27-04 2
   RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... JohnMc 10-27-04 3
   RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... Brownroach 10-27-04 4
       RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... FesterFan1 10-27-04 5
 RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... aethelstan 10-29-04 6
   RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... caveman 10-29-04 7
       RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... speedyforme 10-29-04 8
 RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... AMAZON 11-03-04 9
   RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... PepeLePew13 11-03-04 10
       RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars .... Brownroach 11-03-04 11
 Rory's gone...6 vs. 3 Krautboy 11-04-04 12
   RE: Rory's gone...6 vs. 3 pmspml5 11-04-04 13
   RE: Rory's gone...6 vs. 3 Brownroach 11-04-04 14
       RE: Rory's gone...6 vs. 3 Capn2patch 11-04-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
Girls vs. guys....hmmm, will Twilla switch back to the girls, will Rory go back to the guys?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
It probably gets ugly because of the dynamic that the only two left in the game that have switched tribes will be Rory and Twila, so there will be play on both sides trying to reel back in the stray calf.

Lea/Chris/Chad

Ami/Scout/Leann/Eliza

The men need both Rory and Twila, the women only need one of the two. This will be a key week for all alliances trying to get a foothold on the endgame.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-27-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
If the stray calf is anything like a pig, then you know that Eliza won't be playing a significant part in that. hehehe ;)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
There is still the question of when they actually merge. This title definitely suggests that they are all on one tribe. But do they merge in this Ep (Julie "just misses" the merge)? Or will the merge be in Ep 8, when "the battle really begins"?

Hopefully the Ep 8 promos will give a clue.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
When you put the titles of E8 and E9 next to each other, it would seem to me that E8 is the merge ("Now the Real Battle Begins"), and E9 is fallout from the first post-merge TC ("...It's Gettin' Ugly").

It just seems like, semantically, E8 is a watershed episode, and E9 is a continuation of what occurred in E8.

I know that the MK "spoiler" says that Julie "just misses" the merge, but her info has been a little sketchy. Possibly that informant really meant Julie just misses the jury, since there's typically one person who makes the merge, but doesn't factor into the rest of the show. Also, let's not forget the fact that Julie was a late add to Snewser's list. It's possible that he may have been given a list of the pre-merge boots, then later given the first post-merge, and final non-jury, boot. After all, there was a delay of several days before Julie's name emerged as "being left off" the initial list.

I agree with the idea that JK goes in E7, the tribes merge in E8, battle to reestablish old alliances, kick Julie to the curb for not fitting in with either plan, then continue to fight over (or with--due to perceived broken promises or misplaced loyalty) Rory and Twila in E9.

Fester

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-29-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
If Julie is voted out at Ep. 8 as is widely expected and this episode talks of gender wars, the title suggests that the votes will go along gender lines and that a man will be voted out.

Perhaps the targets are the big strategists: Chris and Ami and Chris is gone 5-4.

Nevertheless, with Ami so gung-ho on keeping the all-woman alliance, it is hard to see how the men can avoid being pagonged unless Twila and/or Eliza defect. I have a strong doubt that a woman will win survivor 4 times in a row. It just seems unlikely (and maybe I'm just being influence by Veruca's thread).

ŠIceCat: the name says it all.

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-29-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
Both Yasur and Lopevi made big errors last night. Yasur has so alienated Rory that they can be sure he will rejoin the men's alliance come merge time (traditionally this week). They were smart to see that he must be eliminated, because I doubt they would ever have his loyaly anyway, but honesty is not always a virtue. Feeeling the way the women do they should have thrown the immunity challenge to be rid of him. I rarely suggest it, but this was the most classic example of an appropriate place to lose a challenge. They had no way of knowing that Lopevi would kick John K. before Julie or Twila. To keep Rory to the merge made it likely that they would have gone in 5 men against 5 women. That's just too risky for what they admit is a girl against guy game. They are so lucky that the men did their bidding for them last night by kicking John.

Now for Lopevi. We all know that John is not a great alliance member for the men and, given a choice between Twila and John, I would dump John. That was not the choice however. They could have, and should have, dumped Julie who is just as likely to join the women's alliance after the merge. The biggest reason they should have dumped Julie over John is because a 5W/5M gender split at merge would have made it easier to retain Twila in the men's alliance. At 6W/4M does anyone think that Twila will hang with the men? If Chris is still the shot caller, he's made a serious mistake. What doesn't fit for me is that Snewser shows Julie next to go. If a merge takes place (as tradition suggests at 10), it would not be Julie to be eliminated. She has no prior votes and I can't think of any post merge scenario that would eliminate her next. For that reason I have to think that the merge does not take place until we are at the final 9 players. Lopevi loses one more challenge first and Julie would, under that circumstance, be the logical boot. The only other possibility is if the men and women are restored to their original tribes for one last challenge before the merge. Should Yasur lose, they would likely boot Julie based on her being one of the young'uns and Twila's assertions that she (Julie) was planning to hang with the men after the merge.

Caveman

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-29-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
>The only other possibility is
>if the men and women
>are restored to their original
>tribes for one last challenge
>before the merge. Should
>Yasur lose, they would likely
>boot Julie based on her
>being one of the young'uns
>and Twila's assertions that she
>(Julie) was planning to hang
>with the men after the
>merge.

OOOH this seems very likely in a way...
and may also explain if the women lose another one and Rory being saved....MAYBE

AMAZON 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-03-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAZON Click to send private message to AMAZON Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
Maybe the title has nothing to do with voting...maybe someone pulls a Gervase and makes a sexist comment or the men won't let the women help build the new shelter or something.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
I'm more in the camp that it has to do with spats going on between voting factions... but what if this is a veiled reference to Julie getting booted here -- as in she's one of the last "good looking" people still around and what's left is mostly the "ugly" group of people.

I know that Leann and Ami, amongst others, are still around but they don't use their looks as a factor in the game. Julie's the only one who does.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

11-03-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 9 Title: "Gender Wars ... And It's Gettin' Ugly.""
No matter who gets booted in Ep 8, at the very least there will be three or four men who are presumably still aligned, and four or three women who are presumably still aligned, at the beginning of Ep 9. These two factions will be at odds, creating the dynamic for a "war".

I also think the war will be illustrated in the attitudes around camp. I could easily see the groups more or less refusing to speak to each other. The men will be outnumbered no matter what and may adopt Rory's tactic of refusing to work around camp unless they are promised a shot at TC.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-04-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Rory's gone...6 vs. 3"
First let me say that I should have been less of a stubborn German when if came to argueing with Brownroach about the Gender Wars needing to be 5 v 4. He was right, as he so often is...

So, what are the Gender Wars?

The 3 remaining men will have to fight to recruit the two women who feel like outsiders in the woman's alliance, those who feel they would be first on the pecking order after the men are gone.

They will also try to convince them that it's better to make their move now rather than later...if one more man goes next week, it would take 3 women recruits to regain control. Doesn't seem likely.

Twila, Julie and Eliza are probably the three most likely to consider aligning with the men, but they would probably prefer to align with 2 men and maintain a 3-2 advantage rather than aligning too early and being at a disadvantage at 2-3.

We'll have to wait and see who votes against Rory, but the fact that he's gone shows us that Twila and Julie didn't both stick with the men...

Quick first impression...the women will stick together until one more guy is gone

Krautboy

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-04-04, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rory's gone...6 vs. 3"
Without the check mark - I'm not jumping on the Rory goes band-wagon. If Snews was positive he would have the check mark - Now granted that he has rarely put up a wrong pick 2 times in one season - but I still get a feeling he's playing with us. How many lemons changed their pick after his went up. I'm probably really wrong here - but no check mark has always been a wrong pick (not really wrong but a "playing with you" pick) in the past. I cant think of a time when he did not have a check mark where the pick he showed was right.

11-04-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rory's gone...6 vs. 3"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-04 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

Hah -- I'm not right nearly as often as you, KB. And I ultimately voted for Julie this week anyway.

I agree the most likely scenario for tonight is the simplest one: Rory gets voted off by the women, 6-4. ETA: *If* Snewser is right, since he hasn't posted a checkmark yet.

But if he is right, it will be interesting to see what Twila and Julie do after that. I don't know that they will necessarily commit to the women's alliance tonight, since booting Rory gives them some flexibility.

The guys might be miffed at Twila and Julie, but they can't afford to lose them and would probably take them back, especially if Twila and Julie explain that they only voted against Rory to shore up their places in the Lopevi alliance.

On the other hand it wouldn't be a bad option for Julie, at least, to stay with the women, since next to Ami she is the most athletic woman and could win late-game IC's.

So we might see Julie and Twila go separate ways in Episode 9.

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-04-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rory's gone...6 vs. 3"
Picking up where you BR, and KB left off.

In tonite's episode much was made of the afinity Scout has for Twila. The community has assumed that because Scout and Ami are gay, that there is a natural alliance between them. IMO the are not cut from the same cloth. To boot, I've never heard Scout or Ami prop each other up. Scout could easily join Twila and replace Julie in that alliance. Jiffy has been quoted in saying that natural alliances would be broken later in the game. As well, having Chad and Scout in the same alliance would support spoilers that these two go deep into the game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •