The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Commercials for Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

rucksack 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-22-03, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Commercials for Episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-03 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

Here are the latest ads running on CBS!

Commercial 1

“Some teams go after slippery eels..”

Pic 1: Kelly & Jon in a harbour (most likely in Amsterdam) reading a clue and Kelly has a v. shocked look on her face (most likely the detour info where teams have to choose between shovelling manure or sorting eels)
Pic2: Vat filled with eels (ugh)
Pic3: Dave picking up and eel and throwing it somewhere (most likely in a bin or something)
Pic4: An arm picking up an eel and throwing it, only see the sleeve, which is blue with a white stripe

“And the models keep going after each other”

Pic5: T&J in a room reading map
Pic6: Jaree confessional (outside, looks like Amsterdam) she has a big smile on her face
Pic7: Tian&Jaree arguing as they paddle a boat in Amsterdam (like in preview)
Pic8: Tian&Jaree in car together, Jaree says: “I want to hurt you right now”

Pic 9: Millie&Chuck running on a bridge (in Amsterdam), Chuck is holding a red clue (heading towards roadblock)

Commercial 2

“Now it’s time to get into the teams of the Amazing Race”

Pic1: Millie&Chuck at the airport looking upset (most likely they did not get on the flight they wanted)
Pic2: Steve&Dave and Jeff&David in an airplane laughing together
Pic3: Tian&Jaree arguing as they paddle a boat in Amsterdam (like in preview)
Pic 4 Monica&Sheree hugging each other on a pier, one is holding a red clue (roadblock info)
Pic5: Kelly&Jon in a harbour (most likely in Amsterdam) reading a clue and Kelly has a v. shocked look on her face (most likely the detour info where teams have to choose between shovelling manure or sorting eels)
Pic6: Jon&Al at a clue box by pier looking happy

Commercial 3/Early Show spot

“TAR lands in Amsterdam where teams wrestle slippery eels and dig for clues where you normally wouldn’t want to”

Pic1: Plane taking off (either early in morning or at night)
Pic2: Pier with large sailboat/ship in background (most likely in Amsterdam)
Pic3: David&Jeff paddling a boat with a map
Pic4: Vat of eels with an arm reaching in, sleeve is blue with a white stripe
Pic5: Kelly&Jon in pile of manure, they just found clue and look disgusted, Kelly’s hands are covered in cow dung(he he he)

“And someone gets strapped to a giant windmill” (FAST FORWARD!)”

Pic6: Large windmill with man controlling it
Pic7: Jon&Al reading a clue (in background large sculpture of a man trapped in a jail?)
Pic8: Monica&Sheree hugging each other on a pier, one is holding a red clue (roadblock info)

**edited to add commercial 3

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Commercials for Episode 5 TARJUNKIE999 06-23-03 1
   RE: New Commercials for Episode 5 VerucaSalt 06-24-03 2
       RE: New Commercials for Episode 5 rucksack 06-24-03 3
           RE: New Commercials for Episode 5 carencey 06-24-03 4
               RE: New Commercials for Episode 5 rucksack 06-25-03 6
           RE: New Commercials for Episode 5 cyclehausen 06-24-03 5
 RE: New Commercials for Episode 5 TeamJoisey 06-26-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-23-03, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Commercials for Episode 5"
Vidcaps of Commercial #4 (?) from Early Show showing the Supremes

Confused on the canal:

Stuck in a rut:

Shouting "Why won't this thing move?"

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-24-03, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Commercials for Episode 5"
Red herring of Team Supreme? OR Number finally up.

If both teammates have to do the nasty task is that the detour? Find the clue in the dung or sort eels? How is either of them faster? And how on earth would one be more advantageous? YUCK!!! Or is this just a "means" to a clue and there is a different task for detour and RB?

Except for some running, I don't see anything that is so physically demanding that Team ATC may be okay here.

The Models have bickered back/forth since the start, I doubt this would cause them to be eliminated.

The earliest non elim's started at Ep. 6; maybe they bump it up a bit early?

Who would be most inclined to do the FF here? We can already eliminated NFL, Models, ATC. Considering placement alone, J/K could use it since they are second to last now. Even R/C and Best Friends could use it being in the middle of the pack although standings from end of last episode doesn't mean squat in this race as we all know

06-24-03, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rucksack Click to send private message to rucksack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Commercials for Episode 5"
I also think it is a red herring for the supremes

As for the detour, the clue box is in front of Amsterdam's maritime museum.
The eel sorting seems to be on that large ship right next to the museum (which would make it difficult yet fast, the location of the cow manure must be farther (easier, well to a certain extent, but slow).

In the case of the FF, Kelly&Jon are most likely out since they are shown digging in the manure...the teams not shown attempting the detour are Monica&Sheree, Tian&Jaree and Reichen&Chip; the first two have already taken their FF which leaves Chipn'Dale as the only possible team taking the FF.

The windmill spinning may possibly be the Roadblock, as opposed to the FF, but I am pretty sure it is the FF the way the commercial is worded to say "someone". The fact that CBS would tell us that someone will in fact take the FF (and let us deduce who that may be) leads me to believe that this episode will in fact be a non-elimination. Not only is this an attempt to stir things up (I'm still surprised with the whole roadblock before the detour from last week) but I also believe they really want all the teams to be there the following week for India, making that elimination that much more exciting.

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-24-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Commercials for Episode 5"
I don't think we can say that Reichen and Chip are the only possible choice for the FF, given that twice already this season, teams have taken the FF after performing one of the tasks. I do agree that someone is going to take the FF, and I think it is quite likely that this week will be a non-elimination, and that eight teams arrive in India (remember the Kerala spoiler--eight elephants, seven used, so either seven arrive, or more likely eight arrive and one takes that FF).

06-25-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
6. "RE: New Commercials for Episode 5"
good point...this seems to be a new trend of going for the FF at the last minute...

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-24-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Commercials for Episode 5"
"Someone on a windmill" might very well be Phil, attempting to endear himself by giving one of his speeches in a sassy and unpredictable way.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Commercials for Episode 5"

>Pic4: An arm picking up an
>eel and throwing it, only
>see the sleeve, which is
>blue with a white stripe
>
That is Al's arm. Watching frame by frame you find a frame with half his face in it.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •