The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Coming back doesn't work"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-25-05, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Coming back doesn't work"
Has anyone noticed that bringing housemates back just doesn't work? Allison, Josie and Chloe, Andy and the rest. Even though they were interesting the first time around, they lose their appeal when they come back. Allison is a complete disaster and is having a negative affect on the whole show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Coming back doesn't work mhb0125 11-25-05 1
 RE: Coming back doesn't work AshLanie 11-25-05 2
 RE: Coming back doesn't work EnfanTerrible 11-25-05 3
   RE: Coming back doesn't work Hotgurl1805 11-26-05 8
       RE: Coming back doesn't work SOfan0221 11-28-05 17
 RE: Coming back doesn't work kitty63 11-25-05 4
   RE: Coming back doesn't work sharon2 11-25-05 6
 Is Allison an alcholic? FMkelly 11-25-05 5
   RE: Is Allison an alcholic? bevecaj 11-25-05 7
   RE: Is Allison an alcholic? Hotgurl1805 11-26-05 9
   RE: Is Allison an alcholic? GodsWomanFirst 11-26-05 13
 RE: Coming back doesn't work snobunnie12342000 11-26-05 10
   RE: Coming back doesn't work bookwomanblue 11-26-05 11
       RE: Coming back doesn't work GodsWomanFirst 11-26-05 14
           RE: Coming back doesn't work bookwomanblue 11-27-05 16
 RE: Coming back doesn't work maryellennaco 11-26-05 12
   RE: Coming back doesn't work GodsWomanFirst 11-26-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-25-05, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
I agree with you. I also think Iyanla is regretting her decision asking Allison to come back. The way she was just so fed up with Allison on Wednesday's show was a good example of that. By watching the show, I get so interested in these people's lives that I like when they makes an appearance on the next season. I wish Jennifer from Season 2 would come back just to update Iyanla on how she is. She is by far my favorite of all the women.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-25-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
>Has anyone noticed that bringing housemates
>back just doesn't work?
>Allison, Josie and Chloe, Andy
>and the rest. Even
>though they were interesting the
>first time around, they lose
>their appeal when they come
>back. Allison is a
>complete disaster and is having
>a negative affect on the
>whole show.

Agree........goes to show that the LC's are graduting these ladies even though they never got the process (sic-still chucling over the words: get the process-go with it-etc) and or achieved any of their goals.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-25-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
Although, it was a hoot when they brought back Cassie #1. She was brought back so her old friends could intervene with her drinking, but she had been told she was there to counsel Hailey. So there was a lot of interesting conflict there.

Hotgurl1805 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-26-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hotgurl1805 Click to send private message to Hotgurl1805 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
I disagree coming back does work. Josie came back after she had her baby. She is now a responsablie mother with a full time job. She can back because she needed some guidence,as all of us do sometimes. Just because the HM graduate doesn't mean they won't stumble and need help along the way. Its great that the HM can still recive the help they need eventhough they are no longer on the show.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-28-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
While I am not saying Josie is a bad mother, how can you tell from a guest appearance on SO that she is a good mother? She said herself she works 7 days a week and 70 hours, that doesn't leave much time for mothering a two year old. I thought it odd that after all the 'Chloe is my life and I can't trust anyone to care for her' that when she did leave for a couple hours and Chloe was left in the care of Jessica that Chloe seemed to have cared less. That indicates to me that Chloe is left with someone while Josie works and Chloe certainly did not appear to be afraid of strangers.

Josie's life as a single mother is neither better or worse than the thousands of other single mothers out there trying to make it alone with a baby. It is a long, hard haul to raise a child alone without the help and support of the father (or in some cases the father has custody with no help from the mother). I know, I raised two by myself with a dead bead dad.

Josie probably had it better on SO than at any other time in her life. While I don't dislike Josie, I hope I don't see her in every subsequent season of SO until Chloe is grown. There is only so much that SO can do, the goal is to get you going and you take the momentum and move forward.

kitty63 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-25-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kitty63 Click to send private message to kitty63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
>Has anyone noticed that bringing housemates
>back just doesn't work? Allison is a
>complete disaster and is having
>a negative affect on the
>whole show.

It just goes to show how SO really does not work and the LC's know diddley-squat about helping people change their lives. It's not really a show about helping people. It's just about exploiting people.

sharon2 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-25-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharon2 Click to send private message to sharon2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
I don't really mind the returns. Actually, I thought Maureens was valid, Andy? She, at least, returned with something to offer. And Allison, of course. I object to the way they've used her, not helped her, but I lay little blame of Allison herself.

Cassie2 is someone that could riled up everyone even more than Allison if she ever returned. lol
Better yet, Christine2 who was the only hg that outwardly defied Rhonda and really didn't give a crap.

I don't watch regularly anymore, don't even tape but I did catch Lisa being exiled last week. Now *there* is someone SOH may never get rid of. And yeah right...they sent her to a beautiful guestroom, allow her to eat and converse with the others. What a joke. Bet she giggles herself to sleep.

FMkelly 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FMkelly Click to send private message to FMkelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Is Allison an alcholic? "
Is Allison an alcholic?
On a web site written by an recovering alcholic I found this statement "I find feelings of "shame, self-hatred, or helplessness" to be distinctly unproductive when it comes to getting sober."

Allison has echoed this same comments.

It is also a known fact that children of alcholics tend to become alcholics themselves.

She "buries the bottle" yet afterward she has a tall glass of wine and says she is "boardline alcholic". She is denial that fact she is one. (another trait of someone who has a drinking problem.)

Another statement from the web site "I think my attitudes toward the unfairness and happenstance of life has a lot to do with my ability keep going even though things appear very bleak."

Sound familiar?

The only way she is ever going to get well is to accept the fact that she is like an alcholic like her father and brother and get help for it.

The web site can be found here:
http://www.unhooked.com/keepers/what_matters_is_what_I_do.htm

bevecaj 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bevecaj Click to send private message to bevecaj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Allison an alcholic? "
I come from an alcholic home and can tell you that I truly believe she is an alcholic. They do come in many forms and some people beleive that because they are not binge drinkers or get falling down drunk they are not alcholics.

My parent drinks every night and when we talk on the phone I cant tell if has had a drink or not. It takes a strong person to stay with an alcholic. My stepparent has told me that they have really thought about packing their bags and leaving but the love that they share with my parent keeps them around. My stepparent knows that my parent wont change but is really proud that my sister and I have not followed in our parent's steps. My Brother also is an alcoholic, not a daily drinker alcoholic as far as I know, but a falling down drunk. He goes for days with no drinking then will drink for 10 days straight being slammed all the time.

I believe that Allison really needs to have this nipped in the bud before she can cope with her self hatred. Trying to change her self hatred first is not going to help. The booze will just find some other "feeling" to cling to so that she will drink.

Hotgurl1805 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hotgurl1805 Click to send private message to Hotgurl1805 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Allison an alcholic? "
I also think that Allison is an alcholic. She needs help and FAST. The other housemates needs need to confront her in front of the LCs. Im begining to wonder if perhaps she needs to check into a rehab program. She won't be able to fully work on her other goals until this problem is solved.

GodsWomanFirst 12 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GodsWomanFirst Click to send private message to GodsWomanFirst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is Allison an alcholic? "
As an addictions therapist, I have only one thing to say in reference to the burning question about Allison and her alcoholism...SURE SHE IS...WITHOUT A DOUBT!!! And what also gives this away was when she started talking about "Jimmy" and "HIS" drinking...typical alcoholic behavior.

snobunnie12342000 20 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snobunnie12342000 Click to send private message to snobunnie12342000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
Yeah I didnt even understand the point of Josie coming back at all. I didnt notice anything helpful at all about it.

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-26-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
I think it is valid that housemates come back sometimes. Just because you "start over" doesn't mean you are never going to have another problem or issue come up for the rest of your life. I just don't think they necessarily have to be broadcast. Maureen's fire brought forward issues that she had never really gotten to the first time around. The same thing is true of Allison. She had to concentrate on fighting cancer during her last stay and now is working on inner issues. But, the things like two days of Josie, are pointless, imo. I don't think it accomplished much of anything for the viewers.

11-26-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GodsWomanFirst Click to send private message to GodsWomanFirst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
Don't get me wrong...I like Maureen, but it is clear that the fire brought up the old issues of loosing her loved ones which were supposed to have been resolved before she graduated. That raises the question as to wheather she actually did lay them to rest or was it just masked over. The same goes for Laurie...loved her and think that she is a great person, but on a recap of the first season, she was asked if she was still involved with the man she met while on the show and she said she was NOT...again...did she really get over the loss of her husband and was she really ready for a new relationship??? Was all of this time spent on the show a temporary fix???

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-27-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
Lori didn't stay with the guy she was dating on SO, but that doesn't prove she didn't start over. Maybe he just wasn't the right guy! She has since met, dated and married another man so that sounds like a pretty successful start to me!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-26-05, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
Bookwoman, you have a good point. Sometimes it works, others not. I think when Maureen came back, it was for a good cause. When they brought Josie back, I think it was to show how much Chloe had grown. REALLY! They all had just ooohed and aahed over her as a baby, that it was good to see her toddling around.
Allison, on the other hand... is a big giant mess of "FACE TIME ON CAMERA"... She's got more problems than any of the LC's can deal with.. and every day there's another one. It's starting to look like "THE ALLISON SHOW".. I'm ready for her to PACK IT IN!!

11-26-05, 09:36 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Coming back doesn't work"
I agree with you 100% I am so sick of that fake and phony smile...seeing it makes me nauseated...Then one day, I see that profile sitting in the audience of the Ellen Show...do you think that Allison is camera hungry or what??? Did she think that Ellen would recognize her and bring her on stage for an interview...LOL

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •