The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Brother 6 callbacks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Latbrazz 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Latbrazz Click to send private message to Latbrazz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big Brother 6 callbacks"
Does anybody know the time frame for people to be called for the semi finals in the 12 cities around the country. I am anxiously awaiting but do not know if it is too early to be anticipating or maybe already to late to receive the call....any ideas????

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks LibraRising 04-24-05 1
 RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks shortysmrs 04-28-05 2
 RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks okaychatt 05-08-05 3
   RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks NancyOttawa 05-09-05 4
       RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks okaychatt 05-09-05 5
           RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks BriarRosie 05-10-05 6
               RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks okaychatt 05-22-05 8
   RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks J Slice 05-21-05 7
       RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks okaychatt 05-22-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-24-05, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
No idea on the time frame, but I wouldn't give up yet. Earlier, the CBS site posted that the interviews would be done in late April or early May, but that was before they extended the deadline for applications by a week.

So, I would guess if you hear anything, it would be within the next two weeks.

I haven't heard anything either.

shortysmrs 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shortysmrs Click to send private message to shortysmrs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
We went to the casting call in Kansas City. The girl in line behind us said she was chosen last season for a call back (she was in the top 50). She said she applied at the very last minute and was contacted about two weeks later. I would think since the open casting calls were completed in mid April, if they are interested, those people will be hearing something in the first few weeks of May. Good luck to you and please let us know if you hear anything!!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
I just have to ask.

Why would anyone want to be on camera 24/7 and live in an environment where every move is scrutinized and critiqued? Not to mention that she would have to have her game face on 24/7, unable to form real friendships or relationships.

I simply could not do it, nor would I want to.

I love the show, but in no way would I want to participate. Not even for a lot of cash, or the temporary fame, or the "honor" of claiming a victory.

I wish all of you well. I'm just very curious about the motivations.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

NancyOttawa 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NancyOttawa Click to send private message to NancyOttawa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
They do it for the same reason that anyone joins a competitive reality show! CASH! Not a bad way to spend the summer and maybe win $500,000! Plus at one point, those voted out get to go to a vacation resort to wait it out until the end of the show. Mind you, the first person is alone the first week but other's join as they get voted off.

It's also easier than Survivor where at least the living conditions are better and the worse that could happen is they end up PB&J for awhile.

05-09-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
<CASH! Not a bad way to spend the summer and maybe win $500,000! Plus at one point, those voted out get to go to a vacation resort to wait it out until the end of the show.

Oh, I realize it's about money, but what I'm saying is that there is no amount of cash that could induce me to live on camera 24/7, let alone have to be on guard all the time. We won't mention the loss of freedom to come and go as you please.

I wouldn't last much longer than a week before I'd be begging to get the heck out of there.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-10-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
Don't you remember what Morton Downney Jr., er...I mean Kent said when he was voted out? The majority of the houseguests had agents.

They wanted full-on DAW exposure, much good that did anyone. I tend to think the earlier seasons had fewer actor wannabe DAWs, just by the demographics of the contestants chosen.

I'd hate to have a camera on me 24/7.

05-22-05, 06:51 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
<wanted full-on DAW exposure

I guess I'm just not going to ever understand that kind of need to be noticed by people I could care less about.

Oh well - I'm glad folks are willing - even begging - to be on the show. It's quite entertaining.

I just have zero in common with them.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-05, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
Hell, I'm applying, just for a laugh.

Why?

Well, it's not as if everyone can watch me use the crapper, so at least there's that.

Also, it seems like a nice enough place to live.

Finally, they essentially pay you to sit on your ass for a few months.

Ventilation goes HERE.

05-22-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Big Brother 6 callbacks"
<essentially pay you to sit on your ##### for a few months

True, but the boredom would really get to me. Can't read. Can't watch tv. Can't play on the computer. Can't go shopping. Can't listen to music. Can't call home. Can't write or get letters when you want to.

Can't do anything except interact with others bored out of their minds too. Not my idea of a good time. I'd much rather be working somewhere interesting.

That said - bring it on! This show is my guilty pleasure during the summer.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •