The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 6 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 6 "
To start off, I would like to say that there will be only four choices this week. The reason for this is that I have tried to figure out how the Pizza Boys fell behind so early in the leg, and I can't, so I eliminated that choice and left you with these. Enjoy.

1. Linda/Karen make the same mistake they did last week. This time, they go to the new airport, international, instead of the old airport, domestic.

2. Charla/Mirna do the Herd It detour and have trouble getting the sheep and goats into the boat and also keeping them in. They are passed by the twins because of this.

3. Brandon/Nicole and Linda/Karen have trouble at the roadblock because they can't find the scarab. Brandon/Nicole go from 2nd to 4th, and Linda/Karen go from 4th to 6th.

4. Marshall/Lance get to the roadblock and notice that everyone else has finished. Instead of doing the roadblock and finishing, the brothers decide to just quit the race, which forces Phil to come out and tell them they're eliminated.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... memacmur 08-11-04 1
 #4 dajaki 08-11-04 2
 4 Oscirus 08-11-04 3
 #4 AMAI 08-11-04 4
 And the Winner is: 2 Molaholic 08-11-04 5
 #4 FFantasyFX 08-12-04 6
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... samboohoo 08-12-04 7
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... pteney 08-12-04 8
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Megacanuck 08-12-04 9
 #4 - see above HobbsofMI 08-12-04 10
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Molaholic 08-12-04 11
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... minky 08-12-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 6 "

Well, since the dumb-##### brothers just plain sucked this week, I'll choose my Not-So-Move on the not-so-move that should have been the killer.

So I'm voting for Linda/Karen almost missing the charter since they went to the wrong airport.

Conspiracy? What conspiracy?

MEmacmur

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "#4"
Though this didn't affect the outcome of the leg, it's just poor racemanship to quit just because you're last. The relatively healthy brother should have finished the Roadblock and then they could have gimped to the Pit Stop.

As the owner of a physical therapy practice, I wonder what medical accomodations are made for teams at Pit Stops. Was he wrapped, iced, given anti-inflammatories? Anyone know?

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-11-04, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "4"
1.Cant really blame the bowling moms that was more the cab's fault than it was theirs

2. They were screwed regardless of the detour they chose to do

3.Thats more bad luck than it is gameplay

4Lance has now surpassed osten as the worst reality contestant ever not only did he quit despite the fact that Marshall was willing to leg it out not only does he quit but he also doesn't even have the guts to just say that he quit and chooses to uses his brother's injury as an excuse

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "#4"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-04 AT 10:14 PM (EST)

I pick #4 not so much because it is quite the dishonor to be the first team in TAR history to force Phil to come to them to officially dismiss them, but the fact that the healthy brother didn't at least make the effort to complete his task and find the scarab. We'd watched the bad-knees bro stagger thru the day, and I can understand if he simply did not have any strength left. But the sucky attitude could have been redeemed had the other brother finished his scarab-hunting task.

For a runner up, #2 would get my vote. It's possible Charla/Moaner would have performed better with the water hauling task. Plus, one a$$ deserves another.

#1 - it was bad luck for the Moms, and then good luck. It's really luck o' the draw as to whether your cab driver understands you, or only knows how to say "yes, yes."

#3 was also just luck. Using a grid system, you might just pick the one spot that is 100% the wrong one to try first..

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-04, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "And the Winner is: 2"
1. Linda/Karen make the same mistake they did last week. This time, they go to the new airport, international, instead of the old airport, domestic.
Not really their fault. We saw them check and double check w/driver "Old Airport" "Yes, Yes"

2. Charla/Mirna do the Herd It detour and have trouble getting the sheep and goats into the boat and also keeping them in. They are passed by the twins because of this.
Yes. They probably would have done better with the water. Put Mirna on the donkey, light load, donkey goes wiki-wiki.

3. Brandon/Nicole and Linda/Karen have trouble at the roadblock because they can't find the scarab. Brandon/Nicole go from 2nd to 4th, and Linda/Karen go from 4th to 6th.
Even if you use a logic grid pattern, something like this is still requires major luck.

4. Marshall/Lance get to the roadblock and notice that everyone else has finished. Instead of doing the roadblock and finishing, the brothers decide to just quit the race, which forces Phil to come out and tell them they're eliminated.
Well, they did start it (which was the actual Not So Move) and worked quite a while before throwing in the Osten. And why did Phil whine like a three-year-old because he had to go out with the peons?

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-12-04, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#4"
A pathetic end for a pathetic team. I've been waiting for this elimination since the beginning of the race.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-04, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 6 "
#4. As someone else mentioned, pathetic.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

pteney 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-12-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pteney Click to send private message to pteney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 6 "
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

I also feel they did ask the driver several times (almost to the point of irritation to the driver) and so they did try ... who knows, the driver may have been having a really bad day with tourists and just deliberatley took them to wrong airport, as has been speculated on the boards here).

2. Charla/Mirna do the Herd It detour and have trouble getting
the sheep and goats into the boat and also keeping them in. They are passed by the twins because of this.

This just cracked me up that Charla (who is usually afraid of NOTHING) was afraid of the goats (loved the look on the face of the one she said was trouble!) and thought they should have chosen Haul It with Charla on donkey. I never figured Mirna would even TOUCH a goat much less all the hauling she had to do .. and none of us was surprised at her whining about it!

Even not knowing what it looked like, i think these teams could have been digging with a bit more zip!

4. Marshall/Lance get to the roadblock and notice that everyone else has finished. Instead of doing the roadblock and finishing,
the brothers decide to just quit the race, which forces Phil to come out and tell them they're eliminated.

Even Joyce finished the caviar and they thought they might be last .. yes, Lance should have finished digging and not wuss out! (and furthermore, another team could have hit a snag after the dig, so you never know if you are last or not til you hit the pitstop, right?) And Phil's comment that they had such a good attitude (or whatever complimentary thing he said) was totally out in left field ... these guys were dragging the show down .. go back to the pizza dough, boys! (and how many t-shirts with restaurant logo do these boys have??? .. enough already!)

So #4 gets my vote for No So Move of the Week!

Megacanuck 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-12-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Megacanuck Click to send private message to Megacanuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 6 "
No. 4. Whiny and pathetic to the end. If gimpy could keep going all day long, then mouthy should have been able to finish his part of it. There's such a thing as pride, boy-o!

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "#4 - see above"
I missed the begining where ther Pizza boys fell way behind too (anyone have a clue how that happen?).

But to give up...shameful

See all the comments above

My name is Hobbs of MI and I approve this message!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 6 "
Maybe the real No So Smart Move is Chip taking up the D'ough Boys' Product Placement cause, wearing the Pizza/Patella Challenged duo's shirts in the confessional.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

minky 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-12-04, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minky Click to send private message to minky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 6 "
#4. Dough Boys No Go

They should have finished the game with at least one checking in at the pitstop.

It was just lazy on the well brother's part. Not at all classy. It's not as if the one with the bad knees required immediate medical attention.

They are now very much in the sore losers box.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •