The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-05-01, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
Jerri, whose profession is supposed to be "actress," pales next to Colby when it comes to acting and Colby is "just an auto detailer!" Looking back over the S2 series, Colby spent most of his time pretending to like Jerri and it worked as she believed him! The way I see it is if anyone can successfully pretend to like Jerri, then that person is a superb actor because they can easily play any role after that!!!

Cherberrie

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... VampKira 05-05-01 1
   RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... Art Vandelay 05-08-01 2
       RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... VampKira 05-08-01 3
           RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... SurvivinDawg 05-08-01 5
               Hello ... and a little disagreement AyatollahKhomeini 05-08-01 7
       RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... mustangsally 05-09-01 12
 RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... desert_rhino 05-08-01 4
   This HAS to be asked! IceCat 05-08-01 6
       RE: This HAS to be asked! desert_rhino 05-09-01 13
   RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... Cherberrie 05-08-01 8
       RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... desert_rhino 05-08-01 9
           RE: Why Colby is a better actor tha... Dakota 05-08-01 10
               Another Dear Jerri letter AyatollahKhomeini 05-08-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-05-01, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
Too true Cher.. LOL..
***Wonders if Reality Show contestants can be nominated for an Emmy***

w.l.s.f.c.
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." -Mae West
Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

Art Vandelay 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-08-01, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Art%20Vandelay Click to send private message to Art%20Vandelay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
How true!
Not only did he fool Jerri, but he somehow kept everybody liking
him even as he was winning all the challenges. He also made
everybody think he was their friend and then vote them off
when they least expected it.
Jerri couldn't even fake being nice without being catty.
Colby is definitely the better actor.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-08-01, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
You got that right, Art!! And by the way.. I think I missed you the first time around.. but WELCOME to SurvivorBlows! You may have missed this season as a poster.. But S3 isn't far away! Hang in there..

w.l.s.f.c.

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-01, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
Read your email, VampKira.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"When I come in, the party will begin. I am... SurvivingDawg." -- SurvivinDawg.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-08-01, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Hello ... and a little disagreement"
Art, I'd also like to welcome you to SB. That said, I disagree about Colby being a better actor than Jerri. Jerri must have been able to fool the producers into believing that she was normal (or nearly-normal) long enough to get picked for S2, which would require a fair amount of acting skills.

Of course, on the show, Jerri was a horrible actor. Colby was better. Tina was better. Rodger aka Kentucky Joe was better. Lis was better. Even get-sick-quick Nick was better, hiding his Harvard background and trying to pass UTR.

I think rhino (below) has done a good job of portraying Jerri as a dog that gets kicked in the side and comes back for more. That sounds right to me! And remember, (in cahoots with Alicia) she cost Colby $900K. Colby clearly didn't do that much acting with her.

mustangsally 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-01, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mustangsally Click to send private message to mustangsally Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
OMG! your name just made me laugh out loud!

love it!

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-01, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-01 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

I dunno, Cher...

I don't think it's possible for Jerri to recognize that a person doesn't like her, except if maybe they threw an entire bucket of ice-cold water on her head, while glaring and snarling about her ineptitude... Oh wait, that didn't work... Well, maybe if they vigorously recoiled from a gentle, friendly touch on the arm... hmm... well, how about if they brought presents for EVERYONE BUT Jerri... crap... maybe if, at the end of a long ordeal, they pointedly slam Jerri, in front of God, the rest of the ex-Survivors, our viewing audience, Satan, and Jiffy Probe, saying she's the single person LEAST worthy of winning, and then ignoring her repeated pleas to apologize for all the above transgressions and the hundred or more I missed... ah, shit. Even after all that Jerri STILL called Colby up, "because he wasn't going to be calling ME ..." and "made peace." "We hugged." Pardon me while I go vomit in my cow-orker's cubicle.

Now, if he'd convinced US that he liked Jerri, I'd have been DAMN IMPRESSED.

Note added in proof: I'm not disagreeing that he's a better actor, I'm just asserting that this is not compelling evidence for that theory...

-- JV

Icarus steps out to find Jerri's clue... Anyone have any idea where she might have lost it?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-01, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "This HAS to be asked!"
> my cow-orker's cubicle

How, exactly does one 'ork' a cow...

... and why does it have to be done in a cubicle?

Inquiring minds want to know!

05-09-01, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: This HAS to be asked!"
Dude...

Consider yourself lucky.

"Ignorance is bliss!"

Lots of strange things happen when you live in Cubicle Hell. Having a whole bunch of cow-orkers all around you, with this strange and mistaken impression of privacy, is just not something you can explain.

-- JV

Icarus steps out of his cubicle to look for his cow-orkers.

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-08-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
My argument is based on a comment Jerri said post-Survivor. She indicated that she didn't have a clue that Colby didn't like her or was plotting against her until she saw the Survivor episodes on TV.

Cherberrie

05-08-01, 06:41 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
My argument is based on a comment Jerri said post-Survivor. She indicated that she didn't have a clue that Colby didn't like her or was plotting against her until she saw the Survivor episodes on TV.

I think you have very successfully made my point for me. Thank you very much! {grin}

In the face of MUCH slamming, over and over and OVER AGAIN, she STILL had no clue whatsoever. ALL of the events mentioned above occurred in Oz.

-- JV

Icarus steps out to continue looking for Jerri's clue. HELP!

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-01, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why Colby is a better actor than Jerri"
Colby is the ulitmate salesman, if you know the type. Likes people and naturally "gives them what they want". Seen it many times. He was acting sometimes, and quite good, but he just has that charm that makes people like him.
TV Guide printed an interview with Scerri where Scerri said that she's read the "Boards". So, Dear Jerri: You needed a better script for S2. Be more choosey in the future. Love, your fans here at SB.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-08-01, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Another Dear Jerri letter"
Dear Jerri,

People who have met you in person rave about your beauty. Unfortunately, beautiful actresses are a dime a dozen in LA. To get beyond the first step, you need acting talent.

Jerri, please don't be offended, but talent is an asset you lack. While you are still beautiful, I recommend that you change your career. Very attractive people can be successful in many different careers, because their looks open doors for them.

Based on your performance in Survivor: The Australian Outback, it appears that there is a perfect career for you. You are honest, you are loyal, and you are not very bright; you would make an ideal human resources professional. Think about it.

AyatollahKhomeini

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •