The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

hookem 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hookem Click to send private message to hookem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-04 AT 09:40 AM (EST)

Did anyone catch that interview with Marshall/Lance?

The interview went well until they talked about Charla/Mirna. By all means, I am no fan of them but they said some harsh words about them. Here's a quick transcript of what they said.

Julie: "What do you like about them?"
Lance: "There is nothing to like about them... They are the most unfriendly, deceiving team... (Charla) feels that they should treat her equally... and uses that for her advantage and takes pity from other people..."

Marshall: "They are rude, arrogant unfriendly people. I'm glad they are being portrayed for the first time... they aren't likable, no one likes them..."

The only positive thing is Marshall said, "They may be rude, arrogant, but they aren't dumb..."

I can't stand Mirna but to go on television and be all bitter about it is another thing.

Marshall says no one likes them? CBS.com selected Charla/Mirna to win. I feel so ashamed that they are from Texas. Very ashamed. Horns Down for these two.

Did anyone else catch the interview? (I tivoed it) What did you guys think?

=====
I'm hittin' the road. Maybe I'll drop you a line some day from wherever I wind up in this crazy old world.
-Homer Simpson

Hook'em Horns!

Expect the unexpected.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... buscemi 08-11-04 1
 RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... PagongRatEater 08-11-04 2
 RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... volsfan 08-11-04 3
 RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... seahorse 08-11-04 4
   RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... okaychatt 08-11-04 5
       RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... janica22 08-11-04 9
 RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... nailbone 08-11-04 6
   RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... PagongRatEater 08-11-04 7
 RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... TARJUNKIE999 08-11-04 8
 RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... AMAI 08-11-04 10
 RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... foonermints 08-11-04 11
   RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... cadfile 08-12-04 12
       RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... foonermints 08-12-04 13
       RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... Mr Canuck 08-13-04 16
   RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... memacmur 08-12-04 14
       RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... foonermints 08-12-04 15
       RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... gatortod 08-13-04 18
           RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... FFantasyFX 08-14-04 19
   RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... thetick 08-15-04 21
       RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on t... foonermints 08-15-04 22
 Dissin' Kevin and Drew mikey 08-13-04 17
   totally agree anotherkim 08-14-04 20
       RE: totally agree foonermints 08-15-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-11-04, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
It basically jives with everything I've seen from C & M this season.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
I for one am glad that they said it. I only have to watch them on TV an I hate Mirna. Those poor guys had to actually be AROUND the be-yotch.

Go Horns! Beat OU.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
I did catch the interview and was surprised at the dept they went to get their point across...they don't like 'em!

I don't think it was anything to be ashamed of...it is how they honestly feel and I don't think CBS is editing them (Mirna and Charla) that way. The bros said they were glad the girls were being edited they way they really are!

I would have been more harsh if I had to put up with Mirna for a period of time. She is too pushy!

Also, last night Mirna said that peeps were jealous of her...of her what? Her arrogance or rudeness?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
I am glad that Lance and Marshall are gone. They complain about the others but what good are they.

They really pissed Phil off that he had to go to tell them they were last and out of the race. Look at Bob and Marsha last week, they knew they were in last place but they ate that cavier and finished the leg.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-11-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
"Bob and Marsha last week"

Yes, I was surprised the brothers didn't at least stick it out to finish the task before going on to the check in. They knew they were last, but I'd think it would be a matter of honor to finish.

But then, I wasn't digging knowing I was in last place no matter what, and my brother was sitting there with a bum knee and in a lot of pain.

But you're right - Phil did act a little miffed about having to come to them.

janica22 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janica22 Click to send private message to janica22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
I am glad that someone was not afraid to say how they truely feel just because they are being interviewed. On a lot of shows someone asks how they feel about someone and they try to sugar coat it even though the audience can tell they hate that person.

Anyway, if you watch Phil's Diaries on the Amazing Race website he doens't seem upset at all, and he did say on the show last night that there hasn't been a team not physically able to reach the pit stop. Marshall was moving at a very slow speed all day and seemed to be slowing down more, if I was him I wouldn't have pushed it anymore than necessary either.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Well, I can't say I'm sorry to see the Doughboys gone, but I agree with them about Shmirna!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

Oh yeah, and Gig 'em Aggies!!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
I agree. Even if I liked them, which I was still undecided about, they just couldn't be competitive anymore.

Aggies? I thought you like Tech?

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-11-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"

Sounds like a lot of "sour grapes" from a couple of "losers"!

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
I'm glad they spoke the truth. I didn't care for the Pizza Doughs that much, but every so often they did something smart or made a comment that made me laugh. I'm glad they are out for their own health's sake.

I think it was in poor taste, however, to not make the effort to find the scarab. I can understand the one brother being unable to drag himself to the pit stop, but at the least the other healthy brother should have finished his own task and found the damn scarab!

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Terrible that these boys suffered such a bad case of 'Pizza Knee', one worse than the other (I never could tell them apart - didn't care). Even more terrible that they pulled a double Osten. WTH? No Quit Boat in the desert? Waal, just pull up a chair and wait for Mohammad to come to the twin mountains.
Now, it's not all bad since I agree with them about the dysfunctional duo of Meerna and Schmeerna. At the detour we just got a chance to see them yammering at each other because they didn't have anyone else to demean and yell at. Practice makes perfect. I would have loved to see Meerna teamed with Alison, except the screech factor could easily qualify as a WMD.

cadfile 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-12-04, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cadfile Click to send private message to cadfile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
>Terrible that these boys suffered such
>a bad case of 'Pizza
>Knee', one worse than the
>other (I never could tell
>them apart - didn't care).
> Even more terrible that
>they pulled a double Osten.
> WTH? No Quit Boat
>in the desert? Waal,
>just pull up a chair
>and wait for Mohammad to
>come to the twin mountains.

Ok so Mirna has a warped personality but the Doughboys have been just as arrogant (remember complaining about the foreigners in Argentina and the crack about the Russians). They have been flirting with quitting since the candy factory.

They were sore losers not even taking a taxi to the pit stop to finish the leg *Boo Hoo*.

--
Doug

Cousin Eddie: Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

08-12-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
No argument here! At least Mirna and Charla are more creative in their whining. The doughboys were just dull. They certainly earned the right to raise the 'ugly American' flag over their Pizza hacienda. I can't wait for the Mirna/Collin thing to go ballistic. LOL during next weeks promos when Charla used her .5 powers to run under Colins' blocking move at the door of the airport or train station. I hope she outran him to the front!

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-13-04, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Bwaaaaaaaaaah

*finish the leg*...*sore* losers

Puns-a-plenty

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-12-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Given the 'bad TV' nature of people quitting, I really wish they (all reality TV producers) would start including clauses in their contracts that contestants must not quit, or else they forfeit any benefits/compensation they may have earned thus far. I'm not sure if TAR contestants get money based on how long they last (a la Survivor) but if they do, I honestly think Lance/Marshall deserve nothing (unless buddy's knee problem was genuinely serious .

Sure, Survivor managed to make Jenna and Sue's departures from Allstars nice and dramatic, but I still thought it sucked. If people really want to quit, either lose with dignity (which Lance/Marshall opted not to do), or in the case of voting senarios, ensure that you are next to go.

MEmacmur

08-12-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Thanks MEmac! That gets to the heart of the problem. Many people would love to be there, and these losers won the lottery. (last sentence made sense, right?). At least lose with SOME class in front of millions of viewers.
I'm not really sure about the 'bad tv' nature of it. To misquote the evil Spinning Clown when someone asked "Whom do I hate?" the reply was: "Hate Everyone!" ...and especially because that wasn't my slot! ... well future DAW here!

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-13-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Not that Lance and Marshall were my favorites, but ...

Their "quitting" was based on putting 2 and 2 together.

Seven teams on this leg of the race + six sand pits dug + no other team in site + REALLY bad knees = put us out of our misery now vs. making my brother suffer more.

My $0.02

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-14-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Come now, come now. How could Marshall and Lance discount the very real possibility that some higher power hated the TAR television audience and had sunk the boat of one of the prior teams to ensure their continued viability.

In all seriousness, M/L had no idea that the dig was the final task of the leg. They didn't know that one of the teams ahead of them hadn't run into an unexpected snag. Let's face it, M/L pulled the same act that Nancy/Emily did in the first season. Of course, N/E had to pay for it when Team Guido came in last after totally wasting their Fast Forward. And even if they were hopelessly in last place, it would have simply been good sportsmanship for the unhurt brother to find the scarab and help the hurt brother traverse the very short distance to the boats. I'm not buying the excuses.

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-15-04, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
Did I hear a Quit Boat reference, foonermints?

"Terrible that these boys suffered such a bad case of 'Pizza Knee', one worse than the other (I never could tell them apart - didn't care). Even more terrible that they pulled a double Osten. WTH? No Quit Boat in the desert? Waal, just pull up a chair and wait for Mohammad to come to the twin mountains."

Since you've asked..

Tuesdays - dwarf tossing,
Coming soon Cafe Nostra
Call the Quit Boat, Phil

08-15-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Lance/Marshall's Interview on the Early Show"
YAY! Dwarf tossing tuesdays!

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-13-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Dissin' Kevin and Drew"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-04 AT 10:07 AM (EST)

In their TV guide online interview, they not only state their feelings toward Charla/Mirna, but they had this to say about Kevin/Drew. I don't think anyone anywhere has ever had anything negative to say about Kevin/Drew before (wouod there even be a TAR now if they were not in the first version?):

TVGO: You've often been compared to Kevin and Drew from the first Amazing Race. Do you see any similarities?

Marshall: We didn't watch the early seasons before doing the show, but recently we've seen some of the Kevin and Drew stuff and I don't see as many comparisons as everyone else. I think everyone made the comparison before they even saw us on TV. Personally, I think they're boring. When I watched them on TV, I didn't think they were the most entertaining guys in the world. I don't think we're very much like them at all, other than that we're from New York.

TVGO: Would you ever do a Discovery Channel show like they did?
Lance: Is anybody watching that show?
Marshall: I watched the first episode because everyone kept saying how similar we are. Do I want a show like that? The answer is no. But I wouldn't mind being on a good show. Lance: If anybody's got any id

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-04, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "totally agree"
the lame-o Dough Boys are NOTHING like Kevin and Drew. The similarity stops at New York and dark hair. I'm so glad to see them and their sour attitudes go.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--and, of course, Kevin and Drew FINISHED their race.

08-15-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
23. "RE: totally agree"
Sour is not good for mints.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •