The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hidden meanings, secret alliances and other helpful info."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-05-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hidden meanings, secret alliances and other helpful info."
I watched the cbs.com insider tribal council votes and their reasoning and I saw something troubling. Everyone who has read the messages about Ami's tc reasoning for voting for Mia, are going, ok. She voted for Mia, not because she was one of the bowheads, but only because she kept complaining about wanting to go home. Ok, LeAnne voted for Mia after being confused in tribal council she stated and she said she gave some people her word and she was voting the way she did because of that.???!!
I see a possible alliance within an alliance. Maybe Ami and LeAnne have an alliance within an alliance, which would make them the middle. I think Ami may very well be the puppetmaster and may be planning to pit Scout against Lisa or Twila against Lisa. Keep in mind that Lisa did not like last weeks suggestion that Eliza originally suggested voting Scout off. And another thing that concerns me is the fact that, God help us, Eliza is considered in the middle. I also get the sneaking suspicion that Ami is waiting for the right opportunity to vote Twila off after she has enough control.
ON the Lopevi side of things, the men are not making as much sense on their strategy. Even though, it is smart to get rid of the people whom you assess to be stronger than you physically, you do not do it normally right off the bat. With this group of castaways, I think the men are miscalcuting all the catfighting. Here is the difference. Yasur still has their three physically strongest players, maybe four. Ami,Twila, Julie and LeAnne. Keep in mind that Twila is a physical laborer, whether she is on survivor or not. The men have voted off their two physically strongest players, with Chris and Sarge probably being the next physically strongest. With Rory playing idiot and Travis a homesick baby, the men could be in trouble.
Even if Scout is the unwritten leader of Yasur, I believe Ami pulls most of the strings. Keep in mind, she has had communications of the neutral and info gathering variety in the first two episodes. Also, men have more physical strength in general and women have more endurance. Men do not think clearly sometimes. The women are holding onto their stronger players and they have general endurance on their side. This could make a big difference in the three weeks ahead for tc.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hidden meanings, secret allianc... esquire 10-05-04 1
   RE: Hidden meanings, secret allianc... cuon10 10-05-04 2
 RE: Hidden meanings, secret allianc... Witless 10-06-04 3
   RE: Hidden meanings, secret allianc... cuon10 10-06-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-05-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hidden meanings, secret alliances and other helpful info."
> ON
>the Lopevi side of things,
>the men are not making
>as much sense on their
>strategy. Even though, it
>is smart to get rid
>of the people whom you
>assess to be stronger than
>you physically, you do not
>do it normally right off
>the bat. With this group
>of castaways, I think the
>men are miscalcuting all the
>catfighting. Here is the
>difference. Yasur still has
>their three physically strongest players,
>maybe four. Ami,Twila, Julie
>and LeAnne. Keep in
>mind that Twila is a
>physical laborer, whether she is
>on survivor or not.
>The men have voted off
>their two physically strongest players,
>with Chris and Sarge probably
>being the next physically strongest.
> With Rory playing idiot
>and Travis a homesick baby,
>the men could be in
>trouble.

Stregnth is not a concern of the Lopevi Tribe. I would guess that the weakest male on Lopevi is stronger physically than the strongest female on Yasur. The challenges Lopevi loses will not be becuase of stregnth. Therefore, they have no real incentive to keep the strong males around.

On the other hand, Yasur needs its strong people. Thats why I have trouble believing that majority of the woman will ever vote out Twila before the merger

10-05-04, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hidden meanings, secret alliances and other helpful info."
True about the physical strength except for one thing. With physical strength alot of times, also comes grace and dexterity.
I was neither a fan of Brook or John P.,but you never know for sure what is ahead on survivor or when the merge or a twist might actually happen. You can however be sure that when someone can't cope or deal with their own tribe or be part of a team, they will jump ship or in this case alliances if they get the opportunity. Rory is a danger if an opportunity with the women presents itself.

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-06-04, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hidden meanings, secret alliances and other helpful info."
>>>Yasur still has their three physically strongest players, maybe four. Ami,Twila, Julie and LeAnne.

Just curious, but what makes you think Julie is strong? In one of her confessionals, Dolly referred to Julie as the weakest person on the tribe. Nothing in Julie's bio indicates to me that she is particularly athletic.

I'm with esquire--the weakest man on Lopevi is going to be physically stronger than the strongest woman on Yasur; you can't argue with biology. I would disagree that with strength often comes grace and dexterity. It depends on what sort of strength we are talking about and how it was developed. I would actually expect Sarge and Chris to be very strong--Sarge because those DIs have to be strong and Chris because he, like Twila, is a physical laborer. I would not expect either of them to be particularly graceful, however, nor would I expect them to be particularly good at something like sprinting, where the younger guys would have the advantage. Different muscle types, different types of strength development.

In any case, the challenges thrown at the tribes have not been weighted toward physical strength, as they are when the tribes are mixed by sex, and if the Amazon was anything to go by, they won't ever be, so physical strength is not the asset it usually is.

I think the men are playing a pretty smart game myself. If they wre playing the young guy's game, Chris would be gone. Chris is still there. Who do you think is playing smarter?

10-06-04, 08:30 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Hidden meanings, secret alliances and other helpful info."
I don't believe that physical strength has ever been the main ingredient in winning on Survivor, never seen that that was what got most of the winners there, but in the men's case it might make a difference. Women are scientifically known for better endurance and they can hang longer than men. Men are physically stronger by nature, biology and so on. I just think that they might have gone over their strategy more than once. I don't think the men are playing a bad game, their strategy baffles me.
That might be because Chris seems to be pulling alot of the strings and I do not believe him to be the person to be the best strategist there. I think right now the women are playing the better game, though, even with the catfighting ignorance. Yes, I know they seem not to have it together, but Ami is quietly pulling the strings and is probably going to show as very manipulative very soon. Not rooting for her, but I watched her tc reasoning and LeAnne's, the thing she said to Twila at tc,the fact that she seems to have a relationship with Eliza, even if she considers herself "part of the older group" and I personally would kind of like to see a man win this one. I am female, but I am tired of watching some of the women who won, win by jockeying coattails, such as,Vecepia,Jenna M. (even though she deserved it for the men being stupid) and Amber, because Rob could have had the million if he had taken Jenna L. But I did not see any potential "ultimate survivors" in the young bowheads.
Ami comes closest and I don't even like her.
Julie's from Maine and she is a mountain climber and bicycler. I just believe she has not put out anything yet. But most of what they have done, has not been that physically demanding, but stronger, or more muscular women have more bone density and decipate at a slower rate and that gives them an advantage as each castaway becomes weaker and more irritable with the lack of decent food and good sleep. With the men, the younger, more physical men have a chance of keeping a team going
if they have a more physical challenge. Rory is a potential danger the longer he is on there, in case he makes it to merge.
Which can make a difference in voting down the road for some of the men. As you might be able to tell, I am a 1,2,3,4 Sarge fan and Brady and Twila as well. I think the lack of physical challenges has to do with the fact they went with the inspirational thing to an extent because of Scout and Chad, but I think Chad would have no real problem with the challenges. I also think Chris has an alliance within an alliance with Bubba and Rory. Sure Rory would be the perfect person to take to final two, but it probably is not worth it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •