The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JP and Mia on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-01-04, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JP and Mia on the Early Show"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/30/earlyshow/series/survivor/main646644.shtml

Survivor's Ousted Duo: Mia, J.P.

Sept. 30, 2004

'Survivor' Sends Two Packing

(CBS) The tribes spoke twice Thursday night on "Survivor: Vanuatu." In the end, both tribes sacrificed one of their own. In a rare twist, both teams went to tribal council. The men of the Lopevi tribe voted off John Palyok (known as J.P. on the island), while the women of the Yasur tribe dismissed Mia Galeotalanza.

Both outcasts appeared Friday on The Early Show, first to be interviewed by co-anchor Harry Smith and then to answer questions called in by viewers.

J.P. said that the younger men made a mistake in the beginning: "Sarge, on Day One, says, 'Let's form an alliance,' and all of the young guys looked around and said, 'This is Day One. You're not supposed to be saying this, and you're saying it out loud.' After we shunned him…he went over to the older guys, and that's when it was five against four. We were toast."

(Later, in sharing a bit of "Survivor" trivia, J.P. told The Early Show co-host Rene Syler that the younger guys started out referring to the older guys' alliance as "the Fab Five," but later amended it to "the Fat Five.")

On of the dramatic high points of Thursday night's broadcast was a bitter argument between Mia and tribe mate Twila, when the language got a little rough.

"I was starved! I was starved! I was delusional!" Mia claimed, by way of explanation, adding, "I didn't mean to get caught."

Mia told Harry Smith that Twila "just absolutely got under my skin, and she beat me. I mean, she did what she had to do and it worked. I'm here and she's not."

There is another player named John on Vanuatu (John Kenney), and he won individual immunity. As part of his prize, he was directed to spend the afternoon with Yasur (the women's tribe) and then designate one of the women to receive immunity as well.

On The Early Show, Mia said she was not only surprised by the announcement that there would be two tribal councils, but also by who received individual immunity from John Kenney: Ami.

"I didn't understand that at all," said Mia. And she also did not like how John separated the women when he first arrived at the camp, asking who had voted Dolly out.

"He found out the alliances on the women's side," Mia said, "and I think giving Ami the immunity was definitely a strategy on his part. I don't understand it, though."

Even though they were voted out of the game in its early stage, both J.P. and Mia agreed they are glad they played.

"To me, it was a life-changing experience," said J.P., "and when someone says, 'J.P., what did you take back from the island?' I could say, 'Appreciation.' I now have more appreciation of the people around me, the people I've interacted (with) in my life, as well as the elements now, and the resources that are so viable and essential to life, such as food, water and shelter!"

He added, "And I'll never ever look at a coconut the same again!"

Mia said she feels that same way, though, she quipped, she had a great appreciation for food before she went to Vanuatu.
Cindy from Ohio: "Mia, what's with the attitude? You should have handled the problem on the sideline, not in front of the other ladies."

Does Mia believe that she would have saved herself if she had not been so public in her differences with Twila?

Mia's response: "Should I have controlled my temper a little bit more? Maybe. She pushed me to the edge. You guys only saw a little bit of it… She was a nightmare! It was a nightmare out there with her… You've got to understand: We just had a tribal council the night before, so the last thing I expected was to be dismissed five minutes after that."

Sherri from North Carolina: "There seems to be a love-hate relationship between Sarge and Rory. What are your thoughts?"

J.P.'s response: "Yes, there definitely was a love-hate relationship." He pointed out that as much as Sarge wanted to get rid of Rory instead of J.P., he had to defer to the other people in his alliance. "The young guys, if we could influence Sarge to swing the other way, we would have our guy to pull us through, but it wasn't going to happen."

Lisa in Delaware wanted to know if J.P. and Mia had studied previous "Survivor" installments to help them develop strategies.

J.P. responded that he had, adding, "A lot of the episodes I watched, there was a mixture of guys and girls in the beginning, so this was a total surprise for me, because I had my own strategy going into the game, but I didn't know I was going to be surrounded by eight other guys. So that totally threw off my strategy."

As for Mia, she replied, "I thought it was more of a numbers game, getting five strong. And in the women's tribe, we had that at the beginning. (But) when the whole Dolly thing happened, and she was wavering, I knew that was the beginning of the end for the young girls."

Kimberly from Massachusetts called to praise Mia for being so outspoken and to ask her if she was shocked by Lisa's vote (to oust Mia from the game). Mia said she did not know until she watched the broadcast Thursday night that it had been Lisa who switched her vote from Twila to Mia; before that, she had not been sure if it was Lisa or Eliza. And, of course, she was feeling hurt and angry.

The final phone call came from another Kimberly, who turned out to be one of Mia's old classmates, from elementary school, who told her, "We're so proud of you."

I am stunned that Mia didn't know that it was Lisa that voted her out even after being in Loser Lodge.

Looks like the young ones tried to get Sarge back, but it was too late. I hope this show does not get too predictable in the next few weeks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show wendyp 10-01-04 1
   RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show I_Brake4Survivors 10-01-04 4
   RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show volsfan 10-01-04 6
       RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show wendyp 10-01-04 7
           RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show MattyMax 10-01-04 9
           RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show Brownroach 10-01-04 10
               RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show Krautboy 10-01-04 11
 RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show volsfan 10-01-04 2
   RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show SurvivaBear 10-01-04 3
       RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show Pensha26 10-01-04 5
 RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show bondt007 10-01-04 8
   RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show caveman 10-01-04 12
       RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show volsfan 10-01-04 13
           RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show PepeLePew13 10-01-04 14
               RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show pinchy 10-01-04 16
       RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show bondt007 10-01-04 15
 Another Mia interview Brownroach 10-08-04 17
   RE: Another Mia interview volsfan 10-08-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-01-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
Thanks for posting. Some good points

They shunned Sarge ~ why would you do that on the first day! Plus Sarge is probably use to working with younger guys.

Mia did not know it was Lisa?? How can that be? Previews show Eliza and Lisa talking about it.

And Mia said she studied other shows and then commented ` maybe I should have controlled my temper? She was not a good study i guess.

I_Brake4Survivors 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-01-04, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Brake4Survivors Click to send private message to I_Brake4Survivors Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
Also at last nights TC, Lisa sent a hugh message by sitting right next to Scout and Ami.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-04 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

Mia did not know it was Lisa?? How can that be? Previews show Eliza and Lisa talking about it.

Mia would not have been there so she would not have known of the conversation. Or, am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-01-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
I just meant that you would think she would find out when another woman goes to Loser lodge.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-01-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
Well, i think this shows that Eliza will not be headed to the LL, and Lisa might not openly admit her vote if Mia thought they were tight...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
According to Snewser, Lisa and Julie are both headed for Loser Lodge. Mia may not have brought it up at LL because she assumed it was Eliza who voted for her. And Lisa would have no reason/desire to tell Mia that it was she, not Eliza, who cast the fifth vote.

But Julie and Mia were friends, so it's odd that Julie wouldn't have told Mia at some point. Maybe it was just a moot issue to all of them by that time.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-01-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
Good observation BR. If Julie were the next to go to Loser Lodge, they would surely commiserate about their demise. It makes more sense that it would be Lisa, who, as you point out, would have no reason to tell Mia that it was her who was responsible for her boot.

The other possibility is that the next few boots are from the Yopevei tribe, and by the time Julie shows up it's a moot point...

Based on Mia's comments, it appears that Lisa is the next Yasur to go to the lodge. Whether that's this week or not depends on what the vidcaps show us about the IC...

Krautboy

10-01-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
"I didn't understand that at all," said Mia. And she also did not like how John separated the women when he first arrived at the camp, asking who had voted Dolly out.

"He found out the alliances on the women's side," Mia said, "and I think giving Ami the immunity was definitely a strategy on his part. I don't understand it, though."

It ablsolutely amazed me that not one of the women figured this out on the spot! I was like...why are you telling this guy the foundations of your tribe? HILARIOUS!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-01-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
I totally agree Vols! They were such sheep! "Oh, okay if you tell us to." Why didn't someone ask, "Why?" or refuse to reveal their votes. They knew John would be trying to get info, yet they blabbed on and on (especially Eliza ).
A PM Halloween creation! Beware the Bear! BOO!

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-01-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
Everyone, especially Eliza was only thinking about themselves and not the game as a whole and trying to get the immunity necklace. Jon stated before he walk out of tribal council that he gave it to Ami because she was safe and that lines and people have been chosen. It was very smart on John's part not to interupt the pagoning of the young ladies.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-01-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"

Well, in the voting thread I voted Rory and Mia. I've got to think that Sarge may get to a point (pre or post Brady?) and toss Rory with the Pact...

posting forever despite my DAWness

caveman 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-01-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caveman Click to send private message to caveman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
I can't imagine any of the players would be foolish enough to think Rory should be booted. The fat five are all playing for keeps and each player will want Rory in their final two should any of them be lucky enough to survive what the women are going to do to them. As for predictability, I fear S9 couldn't get much more predictable. We all said men against women was a bad idea Mark!

Think maybe he doesn't read the boards?

Caveman

10-01-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
I don't think the men vs. women is what has made this early portion of S9 predictable. The predictability is coming from the fact that there two very tight alliances that are not budging from their original strategy.

IMHO, this is the first time we had a tight two alliances like the burly girls and fat five form so quickly in the game. I think it is going to get really interesting after the merge this time around!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
It's worth keeping in mind that alliances revealed usually doesn't succeed - at least not in the way it's presented at the beginning (i.e. Lex ending up not making it to the final, despite leading the 'winning' alliance).

We're being fed that the young ones have an alliance, but there's a bigger one with the burly girls that are doing a better job (but haven't been talked about as much). We're also being mostly shown that Sarge seems to be the one running the show -- but some of us here on Spoilers are reasoning that Chris is the brains behind the group.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-01-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"
I think they gave away that Chris IS the brains of the alliance, twice in Ep. 3. Once, when Sarge went to Chris to see about voting Rory out and letting the J.P in (body language too, Chris sitting comfortably, Sarge standing trying to persuade). Chris has a plan: "This is not the right time!" and then in Chris's confessional vote, he talks about playing the game smarter than J.P.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-01-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: JP and Mia on the Early Show"

Other seasons have followed suit with this "logic", however...

There is a Core-Pact, but one is an iritation (mouth, work...whatever the reason). The Core-Pack gets comfortable with the way things are going, and boot that irritation out.

This has in the past lead to an unraveling of the Core-Pack. But, they didn't have a Sarge! If they toss one more "kid", they could, depending on Rory the next 3 or 6 days, feel like they are in the position to toss him***.

*** I have not seen a Snewster boot list, so if Rory isn't on it, my conclutions are mute!

posting forever despite my DAWness

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Another Mia interview"
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, because there's not much interesting here:

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article4823.art&page=1

But she does say:

RNO: While John was collecting information about your tribe, did he give any information on his own tribe?

Mia: Yes, he let us know that the division over there was old against young, and that if he had not won the individual immunity he would have probably been going home tonight.

So, if Mia's not lying about this, the women are onto what the men are doing.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

10-08-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Another Mia interview"
Good catch BR! I now will take back some of the credit I gave John last week by getting info from the women. However, maybe he had to tell them something in order for them to give up their alliances. He may have said something like...well, now that you know the alliances on the men side...who voted Dolly?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •