The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Web promo Ep 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Web promo Ep 3"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

VO> See why the critics say...'The new Survivor shatters Reality TV'...CBS Thursday
JP> "Go!"
VO> There will be more twists in the first 15 minutes, than in a whole season...
VO> Plus...Two Tribal Councils...
Eliza> Noooooo
VO> Two castaways voted off the island
JP> One person will win Immunity
VO> And one thing...
Eliza> I did what I had to do...
VO> Will shock everyone
JP> Here's the twist...
Yasur> Uhhhhh (breath intake)
VO> Don't miss a new episode of Survivor, CBS Thursday

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 bdemoney 09-24-04 1
 RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 PepeLePew13 09-24-04 2
   RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 Dregar 09-24-04 3
   RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 Ra_8secs 09-27-04 33
 Interesting shots.... volsfan 09-24-04 4
   RE: Interesting shots.... Logic Wins 09-24-04 5
   RE: Interesting shots.... Brownroach 09-24-04 6
       RE: Interesting shots.... volsfan 09-24-04 7
   RE: Interesting shots.... udg 09-24-04 8
       Problem shots... volsfan 09-24-04 9
           RE: Problem shots... udg 09-24-04 10
               RE: Problem shots... volsfan 09-24-04 11
                   RE: Problem shots... udg 09-24-04 12
                       RE: Problem shots... volsfan 09-24-04 13
                           RE: Problem shots... udg 09-24-04 14
                               RE: Problem shots... Brownroach 09-24-04 15
                                   RE: Problem shots... udg 09-24-04 19
                           RE: Problem shots... pmspml5 09-24-04 16
                               RE: Problem shots... Brownroach 09-24-04 17
                                   RE: Problem shots... volsfan 09-24-04 18
                                   RE: Problem shots... bdemoney 09-24-04 21
                                       RE: Problem shots... Capn2patch 09-25-04 22
                                   RE: Problem shots... VerucaSalt 09-25-04 25
                                   RE: Problem shots... Dregar 09-27-04 41
                                       RE: Problem shots... KObrien_fan 09-27-04 43
                   RE: Problem shots... Flowerpower 09-24-04 20
                       RE: Problem shots... udg 09-25-04 23
                   RE: Problem shots... Ra_8secs 09-27-04 47
 We are close, but I think there is ... KObrien_fan 09-25-04 24
   RE: We are close, but I think there... emydi 09-25-04 26
       RE: We are close, but I think there... KObrien_fan 09-25-04 27
           RE: We are close, but I think there... emydi 09-26-04 28
               RE: We are close, but I think there... Gingerman28 09-26-04 29
                   RE: We are close, but I think there... katethegreat 09-27-04 30
                   RE: We are close, but I think there... jusalurker 09-27-04 31
                       RE: We are close, but I think there... Dregar 09-27-04 32
                           RE: We are close, but I think there... jusalurker 09-27-04 34
                               RE: We are close, but I think there... shellbob 09-27-04 35
                               RE: We are close, but I think there... Dregar 09-27-04 36
                                   RE: We are close, but I think there... jusalurker 09-27-04 38
 RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 volsfan 09-27-04 37
   RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 Dregar 09-27-04 39
       RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 Gingerman28 09-27-04 40
           RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 volsfan 09-27-04 42
               RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 KObrien_fan 09-27-04 44
                   RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 Brownroach 09-27-04 46
               RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 jusalurker 09-27-04 45
                   RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 Dregar 09-27-04 48
                       RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 volsfan 09-27-04 49
               RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 udg 09-27-04 50
                   RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 Dregar 09-27-04 51
                       RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 jusalurker 09-27-04 52
                           RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 Dregar 09-27-04 53
                               RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3 jusalurker 09-27-04 54
                                   WHAT? volsfan 09-27-04 55
                                       RE: WHAT? Dregar 09-27-04 56
                                           RE: WHAT? volsfan 09-27-04 57
                                               RE: WHAT? emydi 09-28-04 58
                                                   RE: WHAT? volsfan 09-28-04 59
                                                       1st wrap up pinchy 09-29-04 60
                                                           RE: 1st wrap up volsfan 09-29-04 61
                                                               RE: 1st wrap up carsten316 09-30-04 62
                                                       RE: WHAT? emydi 09-30-04 63
                                                           TES Gingerman28 09-30-04 64
                                                               RE: TES lovwigglesworth 09-30-04 65

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-24-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
So now we know for sure that one individual will win immunity. The question now is if there are two immunity idols, does the winning person get to decide who the other idol goes to......and part two of this question......does that individual (that they give it away to) need to belong to the winner's tribe, the opposite tribe or either?

Wonder if the giving away of immunity is the twist that Jeff is referring to, or if it is something else entirely......perhaps something in regards to there being two tribal councils?

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
>JP> One person will win Immunity

Any ideas how it's going to work with one person getting immunity and two boots -- or is this supposed to be read as one person in each tribe getting immunity?

>Eliza> I did what I had to do...

Looks like she's been outed here as the person who switched sides to vote Dolly out and she's doing some spin control. Sounds like she'll be the fifth woman to leave the game as she's at the bottom of the totem pole with the four older women (barring, of course, a switch to align herself with some guys).

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-24-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
Dont know how the challenges will work exactly but doesn't look good for Mia and John K. (editing wise and cap attention)

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
I thought in the "next week" promo Thursday I heard Jeffy say "you'll have two tribal councils, and each vote someone off." But maybe he said merely two people getting voted off, which could mean the same tribe going to back to back TCs.

Are we sure it's just one person getting immunity? the winner of this everybody's in it race?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Interesting shots...."

Everyone participating

People not participating

Heats?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Logic Wins 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-24-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Logic%20Wins Click to send private message to Logic%20Wins Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Interesting shots...."
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

I would imagine that the people sitting did not qualify for the next round of the challenge. We've seen this before in II challenges, several different events where the top 10 move on, then top 4, or something like that.
Now we just have to figure out who doesn't make it past the first round.

09-24-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Interesting shots...."
It looks to me like we are seeing the men compete while the women are sitting on the sidelines here. So at least part of the challenge is done in tribal heats.

09-24-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Interesting shots...."
BR, when I saw the second shot I immediately thought that the men would compete as individuals and the one man that won immunity would grant it to one of the females (sort of the island culture theme continuing!)

However, those first few clips do have the women participating!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-24-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Interesting shots...."
Maybe the first "heat" is men vs women. Women lost. Second portion of the challenge is every man for himself?

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

09-24-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
9. "Problem shots..."
UDG, you may be right but what are the odds that all the men made it and the women didn't?

I can make out 14 bodies in these two pics. So, I think it is a fair assessment that this is with everyone competing.

This pic looks to me like only the men are competing.

Also, if you look closely...we have no pics of "ladies only" competing. All of the "action" shots are of the men...other than the first two!

What gives?

09-24-04, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Problem shots..."
What I meant was, maybe the first part of the challenge decides which TRIBE moves on. Then, the members of the winning tribe compete for immunity.

My other thought was maybe the first pic is the RC and the 2nd pic is IC.

09-24-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Problem shots..."
I could see where it could mean which tribe moves on. I can buy into that!

However, the previews are hyping the first 15 mins and IMHO, I am thinking that is where the immunity challenge takes place. Also, with 2 TC's...I don't think there will be an RC this show.

09-24-04, 04:47 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Problem shots..."
The background & weather look virtually identical between to two caps, so I think they're probably the same challenge, but I wanted to throw the idea out there.

Right now, I'm sticking with one challenge, and the first heat eliminates the Yasur Tribe.

09-24-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Problem shots..."
From the previews from lastnight, Jiffy P. says:

JP: Both tribes will vote out one member tonight, separate Tribal Councils, two people going home.

So, episode 3 covers 1 day Survivor time. You think?

09-24-04, 05:24 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Problem shots..."
So, episode 3 covers 1 day Survivor time. You think?

That seems the most likely, especially since the men still don't have fire/water.

09-24-04, 05:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Problem shots..."
The men won their complimentary flint at IC last night, so they should have fire by the beginning of Ep 3.

09-24-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Problem shots..."
Forgot about that. Thanks!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Problem shots..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 05:37 PM (EST)
Edited to add (sorry 2nd edit)

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Also the web previews say that a twist at the end of the challenge puts one castaway in a very influential position. I think this could possibly be what happens. It also stats that its dual immunity and reward.

Part 1 - Tribes compete for reward/winning tribe continues on for immunity.
Part 2 - One person wins immunity.
Twist - That person picks one person from the other tribe that gets immunity.

Edited to add - the guys are digging up ladder rungs you can see the unmade latter off to the right and in one cap you can see the rungs laying on the ground-it almost looks like Chris is ahead.

09-24-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Problem shots..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

The press release says the challenge is also for reward.

I think udg is correct that the men win the first heat and continue. Here we see both teams approaching the first section. Note that all four structures have cross-ties:

It appears they have to climb over the top of the structures:

Now here the men are crouched in front of both of the second pair of cross-tied structures. The women have lost the first heat and are sitting by the side:

As you note, in the second heat, the men must dig up the rungs to put cross-ties on the third pair of structures:

ETA: Who is this in the last cap? At first I thought it was Chad but then I noticed Chad's not wearing the lower halves of his slacks during the challenge.

Edited again to answer myself: it must be John K -- in the shot of them standing on the mat no one else is wearing long slacks.

09-24-04, 06:04 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Problem shots..."
BR, great analysis and good job UDG...I think we have all solved except the individual that wins immunity!

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-24-04, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Problem shots..."
Hey BR, I see where you state that cap 17 is depicting John K. but noticed that #14 is clearly Chad (since you can see his leg in the picture) and #17 seems to a picture of the exact same shirt.

Could the captions be jumbled out of order (and/or be two separate legs of the competition) so that Chad originally had his cargo pants on, and then later zipped off the bottom portion? (the pants are the same color).

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-25-04, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Problem shots..."
Believe it is JohnK in the black shirt.

Left to right:

Lea (back), Brady, Travis, JohnP (cap), Rory (behind 2) JohnK (black shirt), Chad, Chris.

It would make sense that JohnK wins immunity since Mia is slated to be the 3rd boot and JohnP to go next.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-25-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Problem shots..."
John is wearing his blue shirt in some pictures and has taken it off in others. You all have already established there are two legs; I guess he got a tad hot after the men won the first round At least that should help assist in determining which captures correlate to which round somewhat.

09-27-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Problem shots..."

>It appears they have to climb
>over the top of the
>structures:
>
> 13
>

Its kind of blurry but in this cap it actually looks like John is pulling someone or something up and over..check his grimace..

that would be a good indication that this particular portion is a team effort..

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Problem shots..."
Look at post 24 in this thread, it shows an additional picture that will help, and it describes the challenge in its entirety.

2004 A S S
Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Problem shots..."
I don't think there will be an RC this show.

The preview said that there will be one combined RC/IC.

09-25-04, 05:16 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Problem shots..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-04 AT 05:16 AM (EST)

Right. We know that now. (There will not be a SEPARATE RC.)

It looks like this challenge will be like the ASS "BIG BAD O-COURSE" - the first tribe to complete the first part of the challenge (the men of Lopevi) wins reward and the opportunity to compete for II.

Edited for missing ".

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Problem shots..."
Agree w/ above comments, seems like everyone competing at first, women lose, probably by one of them finishing last place. Could be some other scoring system. the "funneling through the door" pic could be just your tribe to the finish.

This is probably all in first 15 minutes, since they have two different TCs to show along with the pre-TC drama.

09-25-04, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "We are close, but I think there is more to it."
I think there is a little more too it than just climbing over the structures, so I looked as closely as I could and I also found a couple more vidpcaps to help support my thoughts.

First of all, in caps 6-9 you can see the guys untying the last pieces and opening a red door, then funneling through. If you look at the skycap pic 12 if you look at the structures themselves, you can see in the middle of each an section that is constructed tighter together and with more horizontal pieces, those are doors. You can also see the red doors in the pic of Jiffy with the idol in pic 22.

We also see in the pic of John P climbing over the structure pic 13, there is a hanging chain and padlock off too his left. Plus, look at his hands, they are untying something, or they are holding something in an effort to get a key. I searched other sites to find more pictures, and sure enough:

Twila has chains over her head to the left, it looks like she may be trying to get the key by staying low. The men are trying to get a key to unlock the door, then when all the men are through they can move on to the next one. This picture is the men getting through the first structure (look at the trees in the background to help alignment) There are 3 structures the tribes must get through total though, not just 2.

Compare the location of the little tree in these 2 caps (12 and 15 from above):

12)

15)

The men have now become individuals in the cap 15, the ladies are eliminated. If there were only 2 sets of structures, the little tree in the front right of the pic 12 should be beside and in front of the structure in pic 15, but it isn't. This indicates that there was one more vertical structure.

The lineup for the men from top right to bottom left is:
Rory, Travis, John K, Lea, John P, Brady, Chad, and Chris. After they dig up all their ladder rungs, then they can assemble their ladder, climb to the top, then get across the ropes and/or netting:

18)

Over Jiffy's shoulder top right you can see a rope with what looks like netting hanging off that last structure. The first man to get across will probably have to race to the finish line, or maybe even a flying fox to the finish line.

So as a quick recap-
The tribes compete to be the first to get through 3 structures, first tribe to get all there players through, moves on to part 2 and is for individual immunity. In part 2 the men have to dig up ladder rungs, build a ladder, climb to the netting/ropes above, get to the other side and then race to the finish.

Maybe since this is a reward/immunity challenge, the winner gets to pick one person to join them in the reward (an overnight this early in the game?), oh and by the way, the person they pick to go with them is also immune. This puts the person who wins immunity in quite a position of power.

I think John P or Brady would have a real good chance of winning this one. Then I bet they pick one of the pretty bowheads to partake in the reward. This further proves to the old bunch the reason they need to get rid of the young studs.

Well, what do you think?

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
Katie, you really are not very good at this spoiling, you know that???

So, in your scenario, a bowhead (most likely Julie (maybe Eliza)--bc Mia is spoiled to go and Lisa is older--is taken and immune, but that leaves the bowheads with one less voter at Yasur TC.

Only 7 women would be there--Ami, Twila, Leann and Scout (the true burly girls) v. Mia, Lisa and either Julie/Eliza the other one is at Lopevi

I like the idea of one of the bowheads leaving to go to Lopevi because that leaves it at 4-3 burly girls advantage. If it was just give the II to a woman and they stay at Yasur then it could be a 4-4 tie at the Yasur camp--because Eliza may want to go back to the bowheads as a show of good faith esp. if she is the one that was given II. Therefore, I think it's a good chance that one off the bowheads goes to Lopevi and a 4-3 vote gets rid of Mia. Because I dont know how a 4-4 tie would be resolved....

So one of the young studs (Jp or Brady bc JK is spoiled to go) mahy put the final nail in the bowhead's coffin by taking away one of their votes and there are 9 people at TC for Lopevi:

Lea, Rory, Chris, Chad and Travis--the Old Bunch

JP (possibly Immune), JK, Brady(possibly immune) the young studs

and Julie/Eliza (immune) a bowhead

so it really doesn't matter what the bowhead does and JK is the most vulnerable. Because of the 1st week's TC, and JP/JK being on the outside, I give the nod to JP to win II because Brady threw away his vote and did not aling completely with the young studs and he is not as vulnerable. Between JP and JK so far from the editing, I think the old bunch want to get rid of JP first, so with JK spoiled to go, it is likely that JP wins immunity.

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

You can ignore this babbling....

09-25-04, 05:37 PM (EST)
27. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
Huh?

I didn't follow much of that. All I meant at the end was giving the 2nd immunity to a bowhead and taking them with them if there was a reward, not keeping that person on their tribe.

Clearly a man wins the immunity, but is the reward part of the challenge bestowed to the men for winning the first part, or does the reward go to the winner of immunity?

We should hopefully get some more preview caps later that might indicate what the reward is.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

09-26-04, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
I knew when I posted that it was not clear. I agree that more vidcaps would be nice!!

Somewhere here in spoilers, I remember reading that Ep. 3 takes place all on one day in Vanuatu. If that is the case, then if a woman is chosen by the male immunity winner to go to Lopevi for a nite, she will be at TC with Lopevi, not Yasur.

If that's the case, and a Young stud wins, which would be expected, and chooses a bowhead, which would be expected, then there would only be 3 bowheads at Yasur and 4 burly girls.

Then there would be 5 old bunch, 3 studs and a bowhead at Lopevi TC.

So by the young stud winning immunity and taking a bowhead, he assures a bowhead being voted off by a 4-3 vote.

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-26-04, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
Does anyone have any idea what the men are doing in cap 11? It looks like they are building some kind of structure.

I don't think anyone goes anywhere except back to their own campsite. The twist that Jeff refers to I think is that there are actually two IIs (note things in wraps behind him) and the person on the winning team who wins the final task and therefore gets the II will be able to give the second one to a member of the other tribe. Then they all go to seperate TCs and one person from each tribe is a goner!

The reward may be something else for the entire team to share in. Maybe they get to take something back from the girls who complain in one video that they don't have food, fire or shelter.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-27-04, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
That's my take on it, too. Probably a tribal-level reward, since they win as a tribe, and an individual immunity in each tribe at TC. It will be really interesting to see who the guy winner picks to bestow the female immunity idol on, if our assumptions on that are correct. You wouldn't want to tip your hand on future alliance partners, would you? The smart thing to do would be to give the idol to the weakest member of the tribe (i.e. Scout), to ensure that the opposing tribe doesn't get any stronger. Expect a "young stud" not to think this through, but rather just give it to a cute chick. Whereas if an older guy wins, he may think more strategically.

jusalurker 65 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jusalurker Click to send private message to jusalurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."

Why are the ladies sitting on the mens mat under the mens flag?

Does this possibly mean they switch camps? Or just catching some shade?

09-27-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
32. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
I think that is actually the Yasur mat..the men need to go back and forth on this challenge...Yasur has usually been on the Jiffys left when instructing during challenges..

09-27-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jusalurker Click to send private message to jusalurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
>I think that is actually the
>Yasur mat..the men need to
>go back and forth on
>this challenge...Yasur has usually been
>on the Jiffys left when
>instructing during challenges..

The flag above them is red, you can see the yellow beside them.

shellbob 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-27-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shellbob Click to send private message to shellbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
How about this idea for a twist that is beyond all twists.

What if the women have to select who gets the boot on the mens tribe and the men select the bootee (no pun intended) on the women's tribe.

It would certainly seem odd because folks wouldn't have much information to base their decision on, but it would be much more like the ways of the ancients. It would be common for one tribe to "invite" (read kidnap) a member of the enemy tribe and "share a meal" (read devour) their enemy. By putting the tribes into a position where they select the person going home on the opposing tribe it would symbolize the ending of the life of one member on the opposing tribe.

In this scenario I could see that the women could easily select someone that they might see as a threat. In one of the vid caps it shows Scout wispering.

The guys on the other hand might select a bowhead (they are guys afterall) and this would fit with the spoiling.

Or I could be all wet with my plot twisting.

09-27-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
36. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
didn't see that...interesting..

a possible swap of some sort...

I don't think the woman would get preferential treatment of the tree shade, but you never know..if they have been flirting w/ the challenge medic they could be complaining of dehydration..and over exposure..

09-27-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
38. "RE: We are close, but I think there is more to it."
>didn't see that...interesting..
>
>a possible swap of some sort...
>
>
>I don't think the woman would
>get preferential treatment of the
>tree shade, but you never
>know..if they have been flirting
>w/ the challenge medic they
>could be complaining of dehydration..and
>over exposure..

I don't recall ever seeing a team sit on an opposing side during any breaks or such during filming.
Has anyone else?

09-27-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
37. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-04 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

One thing we haven't really discussed:

VO> There will be more twists in the first 15 minutes, than in a whole season...

More twists than in a whole season...Would the fact that there is now idividual immunity and 2 TC's be enough twists? Or, is this just CBS hype?

09-27-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
39. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
I wonder if this implies more twist than any previous season or more twist than we will see again in this installment?

Have we figured out why the women are sitting on the Lopevi mat?

One twist could be that the tribes could be told they are switching camps, and previous reward items.

Lopevi could be playing for Yasurs blankets and pillows..

Since men on the island are supposed to be superior, and have the preferential treatment..

09-27-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
First off: the tribal mats with flags have been moved from where we saw them first when Jeff is telling them about what is about to happen, who wins what, etc. Question: who moves the mats and flags between heat one and heat two and why? Do we have some time that has not been recorded in which the team winning reward does something, etc.????

Second: as far as I can determine the men are lined up at the start of heat two as follows (Left to Right) Chirs, Chad, Brady, JohnP, Lea, JohnK, Travis and Rory. In cap #16, if you look hard and try to count the number of ladder rungs at the head of each lane it looks like Chad has the most and is running up with his last rung. Chris looks to be close behind while it is hard to determine just how many rungs the others have found. So does this mean that Chad is our winner of II if he can get up and over the obstical before the others?

Could be. Then if he is smart he would pick the lady with the least potential of lasting out the game which could be Scout.

09-27-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
42. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-04 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

Let's look at something:

I don't know that the mats have been moved. It is just a different camera angle. The pic on the left has the camera on the ocean side and the pic on the right is from the land side. I think the mats are in the same place in both pics.

Now, I can't explain why the women are on the men's mat. Both tribes have fire and neither really has food. What would be the benefit of switching camps? Other than the women have blankets.

09-27-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
44. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
I don't think they bother to move the mats. I think the only thing that moves is the tribe flags. The mats in the first pic are running perpendicular to the ocean, the girls are sitting watching the men in phase 2 of the challenge and are now sitting parallel with the ocean. They probably are just sitting on the men's matt because it was there and they didn't want to sit on the sane, or move their mat closer.

2004 A S S
Trivia Champ

09-27-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
46. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
They aren't in the same place. In the arrival shot they are standing next to the middle area of the challenge; the men are in front of the tree that the women are sitting under in the later cap.

In fact, it looks to me like there is another Lopevi flag, along with the mat, still over by the middle section of the course, in the later cap.

In any event I agree with KFan that the women are sitting where they are just because it is closer up and near the start point.

09-27-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
45. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
They have been moved. Notice in the first picture that the tree is behind them.
In the second picture to the far left, you can see where Jeff was standing in the first picture, along with the second pole that appeared to be covered. That stood beside the immunity idol.
There are 3 sets of barriers for them to accomplish.

09-27-04, 04:38 PM (EST)
48. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
True in Cap 15 Lopevi has two red flags...one in the middle where Yasur is sitting and one on the far left where Jeff greeted them initially.

09-27-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
49. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
I stand corrected they are in a different location. Yeah, I see that too...it maybe a red flag...sure does resemble it!

09-27-04, 04:50 PM (EST)
50. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
Are the women ON the mat? Or are they just in the shade, which darkens the ground, making it appear that they're on something?

It looks to me like the Yasur mat is between the yellow flag and the water. Wouldn't it make sense for the Lopevi mat to be placed in the same relative position?

09-27-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
51. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
Cap 12 has some barricade in the middle...

>12)
>

This is obviously the same location, the the camera person must be up in a tree.. notice the sun came out pretty quick...both teams now have flags planted. Must be at least a few hours between challenges. So do they use the same course two times for each challenge...returning later in the day with the course slightly altered for the immunity challenge...?

>15)
>

09-27-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
52. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
>Cap 12 has some barricade in
>the middle...
>
>
>
>>12)
>>
>
>This is obviously the same location,
>the the camera person must
>be up in a tree..
>notice the sun came out
>pretty quick...both teams now have
>flags planted. Must be
>at least a few hours
>between challenges. So do they
>use the same course two
>times for each challenge...returning later
>in the day with the
>course slightly altered for the
>immunity challenge...?
>
>>15)
>>

If you look in picture number 12, in the far right, lower corner you will see a small tree.
Now if you look at picture 15 that is the same small tree. Indicating three seperate hurdles. No changes made.

09-27-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
53. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
I see now...
so finally...it IS ONE challenge for reward and Immunity. Again the sun comes up fairly quickly during all this. No big deal I guess since the rain comes in the blink of an eye. This could simply be a cloud covering the sun at some point..

UDG, you mentioned the Yasur women and rather that they be sitting on the Lopevi mat, could the tree just be casting a shadow to make it appear as though it was a the mens mat...
The camera angle is very odd if that is so...

09-27-04, 07:14 PM (EST)
54. "RE: CBS Web promo Ep 3"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-04 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

That's how I see it! One Big Challenge!

I enlarged the photos of the ladies on the mens mat, and they are on a mat under the Lopevi flag!

09-27-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
55. "WHAT?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-04 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

It is the same challenge being run twice. The first time the challenge is run...the men win (this is for reward...IMHO) and advance to the final round which will just include the men and this will determine the immunity winner.

ETA: Is that what you guys are saying or am I missing something?

09-27-04, 07:57 PM (EST)
56. "RE: WHAT?"
Yes Vols, Two Heats:

1st heat: Team Heat for reward. The reward being?

2nd heat: Lopevi competing individually for Individual Immunity..

I'm confusing myself now, but does that look right?

I'll wait for more caps at this rate..

09-27-04, 08:02 PM (EST)
57. "RE: WHAT?"
Yeah, that is what I am thinking.

I wish we got more vid caps but I don't think we will get them this late!

09-28-04, 05:05 PM (EST)
58. "RE: WHAT?"
Remember, Doc, sometimes they show additional challenge caps on The Early Show Thursday morning. This happened in Allstars. I'll be watching. If they're any new ones, I'm sure SFever will post them asap Thurs. a.m.

09-28-04, 06:55 PM (EST)
59. "RE: WHAT?"
Why is it I never remember The Early Show? Ok...let's hope we do get more caps!

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-04, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "1st wrap up"
It seems agreed that the challenge is for reward and immunity, that the men compete against the women, the men win and then go again to establish individual immunity and that one of the men picks a woman to also receive immunity. A lot of time spent speculating about mats and swaps, but nothing really makes sense there. But no one has talked about why both tribes go to tribal council- it's mentioned in another thread that there may be a time limit which both tribes do not meet, so they both go to TC. So who wins II?

best bet: John K. win II and takes Julie on reward (both get voted out at next opportunity)

09-29-04, 11:44 PM (EST)
61. "RE: 1st wrap up"
I think reward will be tribal and not individual. If the reward isn't tribal...why run two heats of the challenge?

carsten316 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-30-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carsten316 Click to send private message to carsten316 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: 1st wrap up"
I wonder if only one person gets immunity (just the normal necklace under the sack).

Both teams are told they are going to tribal councel and they are voting someone off. There is no immunity for anyone from the team that loses the first leg of the race and the reward for the team that wins the first leg is that they get to run it again and the winner of the second leg of the race gets the immunity necklace.

09-30-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
63. "RE: WHAT?"
Doc, I watched TES from about 8:05 to 8:20 nothing Survivor on it and I had to go--I do not see any more caps on SFever and I looked on TES CBS site and nothing about past survivors coming on to guess what's going to happen...so not this week

09-30-04, 01:46 PM (EST)
64. "TES "
TES twice ran the same promo/video that they have been running the last few days. Nothing new to change our assumption of one reward/immunity challenge with the men winning the first heat and the reward (whatever) and in the individual heat it looks like either Chad or JohnK is the winner.

One more interesting observation.In cap 24 Scout is talking to (help me here) a youngen with red shirt and yellow headband. In the back ground is the beach and water. In cap 28 Scout is seen whispering to (help me here) a different youngen in the background is the completed ladder challenge. So this cap must be a happening after the men have completed the individual challenge, and what is the significance of Scout whispering to whomever? Has she been awarded immunity and is telling this one not to worry she will be safe at TC. Or is it vica versa and Scout is pledging to help the one getting II? Any ideas and please identify the two young ones since this could help decipher the significance of the two caps (24 and 28) if anything.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: TES "
In 24 Scout is behind Mia who is next to Julie.
In 28 she is with Ami.
They are at different locations (note the big yellow thing in 24) so the caps are not at the same time.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •