The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 2 Title: "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-10-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 2 Title: "
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-04 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

Burly Girls, Bowheads, Young Studs and The Old Bunch.
Airdate: Thursday, 9/23, 9 PM ET 
Thanks to fever.

In capn's excellent 'general spoilers' post, there is a typo in this title. He has a colon after 'Burly Girls'.

My guess is that this is a list of the different groups that have emerged in the teams. Young Studs/Old Bunch makes sense for the men, from the vidcaps we've seen John K, John P, Brady and Chad hang out, and there is a contingent of older men there as well, like Lea, Travis and Rory.

For the women (perhaps), we've got 'Burly Girls', and 'Bowheads'

If a 'burly' contingent of the women take control, then I could see the girly Dolly getting the boot. But Burly women? who would that include? They all seem pretty feminine except for Twila. Maybe they're rougher than they look...

So my questions is: What's a bowhead?! The only definition I could find was a 'bowhead whale', an arctic whale that does not migrate south of Alaska. That doesn't seem right... does anyone know any slang with the term 'bowhead'?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 2 Title: Pensha26 09-10-04 1
 RE: Episode 2 Title: VerucaSalt 09-10-04 2
 RE: Episode 2 Title: lovwigglesworth 09-10-04 3
   RE: Episode 2 Title: VerucaSalt 09-10-04 4
       RE: Episode 2 Title: MattyMax 09-10-04 5
           RE: Episode 2 Title: RyrieRae 09-10-04 6
 RE: Episode 2 Title: Gothmog 09-10-04 7
 RE: Episode 2 Title: MattyMax 09-10-04 8
 RE: Episode 2 Title: Capn2patch 09-11-04 9
   RE: Episode 2 Title: PepeLePew13 09-11-04 10
       RE: Episode 2 Title: Capn2patch 09-12-04 12
   RE: Episode 2 Title: volsfan 09-11-04 11
   RE: Episode 2 Title: MattyMax 09-13-04 13
       RE: Episode 2 Title: dabo 09-13-04 15
       RE: Episode 2 Title: Capn2patch 09-14-04 20
           RE: Episode 2 Title: MattyMax 09-14-04 23
               RE: Episode 2 Title: Brownroach 09-14-04 24
               RE: Episode 2 Title: Capn2patch 09-16-04 25
               RE: Episode 2 Title: Capn2patch 09-16-04 29
       RE: Episode 2 Title: Rothschild 09-16-04 30
 The bowheads? udg 09-13-04 14
   RE: The bowheads? Doodles 09-13-04 16
       RE: The bowheads? lovwigglesworth 09-13-04 17
       RE: The bowheads? Brownroach 09-13-04 18
           RE: The bowheads? deerhunter 09-13-04 19
               RE: The bowheads? pmspml5 09-14-04 21
 RE: Episode 2 Title: JohnMc 09-14-04 22
   Burly Girls divawife 09-16-04 26
       RE: Burly Girls divawife 09-16-04 27
           Per Jeff Probts on the live show pmspml5 09-16-04 28
           RE: Burly Girls pinchy 09-17-04 34
   RE: Episode 2 Title: ginger 09-17-04 35
 RE: Episode 2 Title: Ptaz 09-17-04 31
 RE: Episode 2 Title: PagongRatEater 09-17-04 32
   RE: Episode 2 Title: udg 09-17-04 33
       RE: Episode 2 Title: PagongRatEater 09-17-04 36
   RE: Episode 2 Title: Brownroach 09-17-04 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-10-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
The only thing that comes to mind is an actual bow in the hair of the person. Would that be considered "bowhead"

I think it might mean that there are strong women (burly) and prissy women (bowhead). It was probably the only way to differentiate between the two sects.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-10-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
From what I am gleaning at SS a bowhead is slang for the sorority girls. Seems to be a southern term and not exactly complimentary. It would appear the "bow" is referable to bows in hair type female. I would assume therefore this would be about the younger pretty things on the female tribe?

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-10-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
So if they are divided in a that way, who might have been a sorority girl.
Mia- went to college but more hippy seeming
Lisa- went to college and sorority type
Julie- went to college and sorority type
Leann- no college, but could fall into the sorority group
Ami- went to Art & Design school
Dolly- "attended classes", not the sorority type
Scout- more than went to college, was a professor
Twila- in burly category

So how would they be split?

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-10-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
Actually the title says Burly Girls: which changes it from a description to a "title" of sorts

Burly Girls: Bowheads, Young Studs and The Old Bunch

So the context changes somewhat in that Burly Girls seems to refer to the whole entity then further describes them as bowheads, young studs and the old bunch

09-10-04, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
VS, according to Fever, it's a comma.

http://www.survivorfever.net/episode_title_details.html#episode2

Unless you have a better source...

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-10-04, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
"bowheads" doesn't literally mean "sorority girl", just that type of girl. The real prissy, "like, oh my gosh" kind.

Burly Girls: Scout, Twila, and maybe Ami
Bowheads: Eliza, Lisa, Leann, Mia, and Julie

If these two groups emerge from the girls team, this would make perfect sense for Dolly's Departure, since she doesn't seem to fall in either category.

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-10-04, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-04 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

does anyone know any slang with the term 'bowhead'?

OMH! I didn't realize this term was still around! I first heard it 15 years ago when I was in grad school in Missouri; as others above have said, it was (and still is, apparently) a derogatory and sexist term for a "prissy girl." I remember clearly several of the TAs getting mad at others (mostly male) who used it to describe some of their students. I had thought the term disappeared into Slang Nirvana until I saw the title of episode 2.

A quick Google search led me to this link of slang college terms, including "bowhead." Click at your own non-pg13 risk.

09-10-04, 10:19 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
Cool Guys! Thanks a lot! The title now makes sense, and we have a jump on tribal dynamics.

MM

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-04 AT 01:27 AM (EST)

I believe the phrase will emerge during the confessional from the bitter bootee.

But speculation on who says it, will I believe point to the second boot.

burly

\Bur"ly\ (b<^u>r"l), a. 1. Having a large, strong, or gross body; stout; lusty; -- now used chiefly of human beings, but formerly of animals, in the sense of stately or beautiful,

Speculation says that because of the language used that it is said by someone who attended college who was not part of a sorority (use of the word bowhead).

The reference to "studs" could refer to the lesbian slang for someone who has had many conquests.

By saying "the old bunch" implies 'refering to', not necessarily 'a part of'.

->Who in this group of women would be familiar with using the term burly as stately or beautiful (albeit pronounced tongue in cheek)?
-> Who in this group attended college, but would not have been part of a sorority because of their faith?
-> Who in their mind, would be above those whom she would refer as "studs"?
-> Who is not part of "the old bunch"?

Only one... Dolly.

If I'm right, I ~BAAAAAAAGGED~ IT!!!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-04, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "

>but formerly of animals,
>in the sense of stately
>or beautiful,

>
>Speculation says that because of the
>language used that it is
>said by someone who attended
>college who was not part
>of a sorority (use of
>the word bowhead).
>
>The reference to "studs" could refer
>to the lesbian slang for
>someone who has had many
>conquests.
>
>By saying "the old bunch" implies
>'refering to', not necessarily 'a
>part of'.
>
>->Who in this group of women would be familiar with using the term burly as stately or beautiful (albeit pronounced tongue in cheek)?
>-> Who in this group attended college, but would not have been part of a sorority because of their faith?
>-> Who in their mind, would be above those whom she would refer as "studs"?
>-> Who is not part of "the old bunch"?
>
>Only one... Dolly.
>
>If I'm right, I ~BAAAAAAAGGED~ IT!!!

By golly, I think you've got it! If Dolly uses these three terms and then get booted in episode 2, I'll come right back here and give you the props for figuring it out.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

09-12-04, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
One way or another, see you here 24th am. Hey, I'll take the shots if I'm wrong.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
The reference to "studs" could refer to the lesbian slang for someone who has had many conquests.

I have heard of a butch lesbian referred to as a stud but I never knew it to be in reference to the number of conquests...where's knockers?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

09-13-04, 00:19 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
Alright capn, I agree with the idea that these terms were probably spoken in the episode, but I gotta disagree with you on some points.

1. the archaic use of 'burly' is just that, archaic. It's not used that way in modern American speech. I doubt most college graduates, even English majors, would know of this meaning of the word without checking the Oxford English Dictionary.

2. There are TONS of Christian fraternities and Sororities. There are jewish sororities. There are Hispainic sororities. There are Korean Baptist fraternities. Someone's faith does not preclude them from greek social life.

3. I Highly, highly doubt that Dolly would call a lebian a stud. If anyone were to call a lesbian a stud, it would be someone in or close to 'the community'.

Why I don't think that this is one person's bitter send off is that there are only so many people on the team, and 'burly girls, bowheads, young studs and the old bunch' would refer to a lot of people, at least 8, and 'bunch' usually refers to more than 2 people, and the burly girls would seem to overlap with the old bunch in Twila.

I think (Still) that the comments refer to the groups forming on the two tribes.

There are two dichotomies set up. There is the masculine/feminine: burly and sorority, and the age/fitness factor, young/fit vs. old. Each of these dichotomies denotes a team.

So, I'm predicting that like the Amazon, the girls team will divide based upon how girly the members are. We know some of these girls are PROUD sorority members, and others can't stand that frou frou. While the guys will split into the 'studs' and the beer-bellied, whose mean age is older than the studs.

I would be interested in who people think called a group of girls 'bowheads', considering it seems to be derogatory, and would indicate a person who holds a little hostility towards the girly girls.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
I would be interested in who people think called a group of girls 'bowheads', considering it seems to be derogatory, and would indicate a person who holds a little hostility towards the girly girls.

Dolly seems like a good candidate. But I think Scout is a strong possibility as well, she is the academician of the bunch. This statement likely comes from a Confessional moment, so it may not have any direct impact on the game. Though it may have been said to a select group of alliancemates, so if one of those were to be a turncoat or playing both sides it could get around to the whole tribe.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

09-14-04, 02:16 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
Matty are you saying that in Ep 2 that the tribes will mix genders? And that this statement refers to men and women?

Your point #1. I am hardly an english major, but I was familiar with the alternate meaning of the term; which sparked the theory and led me to the dictionary definition.

Your point #2. You may term it 'Greek Social Life' but Dolly's type of 'christian' would liken it to submitting to a greek 'god' (which in some cases is part of the ritual when you join a frat/sorority). Remember she said she would do nothing to compromise her faith. There are 'christian' frats, but those are Christ centered as opposed to focusing on the 'greek social life' as you put it.

Your point #3. You're right. It was a stupid idea. But upon reflection she could be referring to a group she feels morally superior to like Mia and Ami. Maybe Julie. Have you seen Dolly comfortable with anyone else than Lisa in a vidcap? She could have applied the male connotation when 'referring' to that group.
-Or- We haven't actually seen the performance of Yasur in the challenge. There may be a group who are athletically superior. Which may explain why they kicked the guys @sses in the challenge.

Just trying to sway your opinion MattyMax.

09-14-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
Hey capn,

I'm not saying that the tribes mixed genders, but that the statement refers to both teams. In such, one person didn't state 'bowheads, burly girls, young studs and the old bunch' , but that these are terms that were used by different people on the different tribes to describe the cliques that have emerged.

Christian frats/sororities are still frats. They may be dry and service oriented, but that doesn't make them any less gossipy and hierarchical (is that a word?). I think that all sororities in NY state have to be dry (or at least can't serve alcohol at events), so If Dolly did join a Christian sorority, it wouldn't be much different in practice than Eliza's.

Dolly is well traveled, she didn't spend her life on a remote farm in Western Pennsylvania. Lisa also calls herself a strict Christian, and even though it was 22 YEARS AGO, still touts her sorority and homecoming queen credentials on her resume, and I don't think anyone doubts that Lisa will fit in with the bowheads. I don't think socially Dolly will stand out much from the other young women.

My guess is that she screws up in the challenge, and shows herself to be physically weak. Since women need all the 'manpower' they can muster against a team full of big guys, she'll be guiltlessly booted by her team not because they don't like her, but because it's the logical choice.

Heh, I've learned so much vocabulary from this thread. Burly as beautiful, Bowhead, stud as lesbian.
My image of Bowhead = that movie HEATHERS.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
"Burly Girls" sounds like a pun on "girly-girls."

Maybe after the women win the challenge, one of them says something like, "they thought we were gonna be all girly-girls, but we're not, we're the Burly Girls!" Or one of the men says, "those sure aren't girly-girls, they're Burly girls."

I tend to agree that each term will be uttered by someone different, and the "groupings" may not be mutually exclusive.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

09-16-04, 00:59 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-04 AT 01:01 AM (EST)

My take on Dolly is a little different than yours. I don't think she fits in, and that's why she gets the boot early. Just conjecture on my part, but her friendship with Lisa might prove to be Lisa's early downfall as well.

Yeah, I picked up some lingo as well. Vols's translation of stud. (and I thought I knew everything!)

I am not a lemming! I am not a lemming! I am not a lemming!

09-16-04, 11:09 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
Ok, so I was wrong about the whole title thing.

It won't be the last time!!

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-16-04, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
FYI the Jewish sorority girls would be called JAPs

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-04, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "The bowheads?"
From the pictures posted by C2P here.

The young, "pretty" and lazy alliance? Aka, the bowheads?

We see some of the older (burly?) women working:

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Doodles 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-13-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Doodles Click to send private message to Doodles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The bowheads?"
I'm guessing Scout is saying something about bowheads. I live about 3 hours from her and we southerners refer to our sorority types as bowheads often. It came from the late 80's early 90's when every sorority chick in the south wore bows in her hair to match her outfit (lol, I was there with them). It tends to be derrogatory, but not always. A lot of times it's used to refer to the 'prissy girls' who only go to college to get their MRS. degree, whether greek affliated or not. But with Scout being a professor at a southern school and a 'self-proclaimed' bohemian, I can see her calling someone a bowhead.

To me (again, me being a southerner) burly tends to mean rugged, outdoorsy and muscular...ex... Grizzly Adams was a big, burly man.

Again, I can see these words coming out of Scout's mouth. She's a published author, so she's good with words. I can also see her commenting on Twila being a burly woman, but not that it is meant as derrogatory, just as a comparison to the bowheads.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The bowheads?"
From the pics we have it looks like:
Eliza, Lisa, Julie, and Mia
vs.
Scout, Twila, Leann, and Ami

Dolly is odd girl out, looking like she is trying to fit in with the "pretty" girls but it's not quite working out.
(I put pretty in quotes because I think Leann and Ami are the prettiest but will not be in that group by the way)

09-13-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The bowheads?"
Welcome to the board, Doodles, and thanks for posting this info. I had no idea what a "bowhead" might be, so it's nice to find out the expression is actually in use somewhere.

I could see each "characterization" being uttered by a different person about another group of people. Scout might call the younger girls "bowheads." "Burly girls" might be coined by one of the younger women about, say, Scout and Twila -- or it might be coined by one of the guys in the aftermath of losing the first IC.

"Young studs" could be, say, Lea's perception of the other guys on his tribe. "The Old Bunch" is a bit of head scratcher though, since there is not a "bunch" of older people on either tribe.

deerhunter 3325 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deerhunter Click to send private message to deerhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The bowheads?"
Maybe the old bunch is anyone over 30!

Guess that makes me part of the Old Bunch. LOL!!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The bowheads?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-04 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

If the posted list here http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5322.shtml is correct then 4 of the 6 remaining women are over 30.

Edited to add:

That the first 3 girls booted comes from the top picture:

Dolly, Lisa, Mia so I guess the hard working ones prevail - my question is what did Dolly do to be the first one booted?

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-14-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
This title reminds me of the tribal division in S3:Africa. If you recall, you had the Gen Xers against the Geritol alliance.

This "sentence" breaks down to me like this:

Burly girls and bowheads - this is the tribal breakdown on the girls team.

Young studs and the old bunch - this is the tribal breakdown on the guys team.

Not sure if this is spoilerish or not, but this may indicate a breakdown like we had in Africa. Only this time, since we have 9 players on a tribe, we will know right away how the tribe breaks down.

divawife 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-04, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail divawife Click to send private message to divawife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Burly Girls"
I agree with Brownroach about the play on word from "girly girl" which is usually a pejoritive term. And I also think this was used as a word base for some companies. I share a few because they define the adjective- it is most def not meant to be pejorative. It is meant to be a compliment.

1)One company-Burly Girl is (or was) actually an apparel company based in Oregon. http://www.burlygirlgear.com/ Looks like a gay or gay friendly site, their events take place at "Pride". Doesn't look like they are in business anymore and was in Oregon?
The site defines Burly Girl (which is most def a made up name/jargon)as "Burly Girl noun; a person who is intelligent, courageous, confident, determined,independent, strong, inspiring..."

2) http://www.burlygirls.com/ "Burly Girls was founded by two snowboarding sisters from Pennsylvania. The
company started in Washington state, where the girls moved to experience epic powder days at Mt. Baker.
Burly Girls Clothing is designed by girl riders, for girl riders. Who is a Burly Girl? A female who is not afraid to reach for her dreams, who loves excitement and adventure, and who likes looking stylish."

Although the real definition is "muscular or heavily built" it looks like the newer meaning is not meant to be an insult more like an extreme sports lover.
Just my thoughts...

Best-
Diva

divawife 43 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail divawife Click to send private message to divawife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Burly Girls"
Forgot...
I think the title basically is a breakdown of the 2 tribes and descriptions for the two different groupings inside the 2 tribes. I think it is how they themselves described the inside goupings. Since the names don't seem to be mean spirited, I think it is simply an affectionate fooling around. And the age thing is not so literal as it sounds for the men, more of a way of thinking. Just my take.

Burly Girls=Twila, Scout, Ami and Dolly
Bowheads (the "sorority" or with a disgusted tip of the hat to Heidi and Jenna-"the pretty girls")=Eliza, Mia, Leeann and Julie
(Lisa could swing both ways-no pun intended)

The Old Bunch=Lea, Rory, Chad, Travis, Chris
The Studs=John P, John K., Brady, Brooke (he wishes)

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Per Jeff Probts on the live show"
Bow-Heads is definately the "sority type" (sorry if miss-spelled) But he did clearly indicate that Scout and Lisa were not part of that group.

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Burly Girls"
switch Leann to burly girls and Dolly to bowhead and you've got it...

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
I was reminded of Deena versus Jenna/Heidi. And am hoping the tables turn this season.

I can't stand another "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" win.

Ptaz 29 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ptaz Click to send private message to Ptaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
When I was in college (many moons ago) the term Bowhead was slang for Sorority girls. At the time it was fashionable to wear large bows in the hair when it was tied back. We speculated that it was to keep the air from leaking out their ears.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
It seems pretty clear after last nights episode WHAT is meant by Burly Girls and Bowheads, but what is less clear is WHO fits into each category. Because of the ceremony we had very little time to get to see the tribes interact. Leeann seems to be doing a good job of fitting in with both groups, but the editing leads you to believe that there are two groups on the women's tribe - the older workers and the younger slackers.

Which makes it difficult to see how Dolly goes next. The 'cute girls alliance' (a la Amazon) has the numbers, but perhaps they lack the collective brainpower to realize it. Just based on numbers alone it seems that Twila, Scout or Ami would be the biggest targets but I could see Leeann or Lisa acting as a swing to determine the power structure.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
The preview showed Dolly sobbing loudly on someone's shoulder (can't remember who off the top of my head). I'm guessing that break down triggers her boot.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
The 'power block' would be much smarter to pull a Shauna and keep her around for one more week just to make sure that the maintain the advantage...if they DO decide that they are going to align.

09-17-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Episode 2 Title: "
the editing leads you to believe that there are two groups on the women's tribe - the older workers and the younger slackers.

Yes, but it was done strictly through confessionals. We didn't see any actual tension between the two groups. So I think there was some misdirection intended.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •