The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"General Episode Spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Capn2patch 2785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-09-04, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"General Episode Spoilers"
Courtesy SFever or access it here.

For easy reference, this post follows the following format:

1- Episode Titles
2- Episode 1 Vidcap Speculation Summary
3- Possible Order of obstacles in Challenge
4- Other Spoilers
5- Filming Spoilers
6- Boot Spoilers

1 - Episode Titles:

Episode 1 Title: "They Came at Us With Spears"
Premieres: Thursday, 9/16, 8 p.m. ET episode details

Episode 2 Title: "Burly Girls: Bowheads, Young Studs and The Old Bunch." Airdate: Thursday, 9/23, 9 PM ET
See Veruca Salt's thread which summarizes the relationship between the men and the women for this new title neatly here.

2- Episode 1 Vidcap Speculation Summary

Survivor: Vanuatu Episode 1 Vid Cap Analysis
Preliminary Speculation - More Later
Contributors: BlindFreddy, jessiek

The first Challenge (which is probably a reward-immunity combo) is likely a multi-legged race, in which various parts would favor the ladies (crawling under small places, balance beams) or the men (foot race, rowing) or neither (puzzle).

Survivor: Vanuatu entry aboard the 'Coongoola' with fleet of native boats in background

Survivor: Vanuatu castaways aboard the 'Coongoola' on their way to marooning at tribal locations

Chad Crittenden. And again, is this still aboard the Coongoola getting the Jeff Probst twist talk???

Entry - unloading from the Coongoola. Note the 'yellow' (buff-like headband on the 'native' and the yellow armband. Do the tribes depart the Coongoola via color coded native 'greeter boats'?)

Episode 1- RC/IC walkup - Yasur Tribe
9 females visible

Episode 1- RC/IC walkup - Lopevi Tribe
9 males visible

Immunity Idol shown by Jeff Probst to both tribes before first challenge

Challenge overview. Raised beam crawl (2 beams, red and yellow) over suspended cargo net

Cast inspection of challenge course. Note color coded (red) puzzle or maze box (guide ball or coconut thru a maze similar to a Survivor Marquesas challenge?)

Cast inspection of beam crawl. Note that cast still appears to be clean

Jeff Probst: "ready...Go!" (at mud crawl obstacle). Beginning of challenge.

Challenge start...run to mud crawl segment

Men at left, women at right, crawling under bamboo structure

Coconut maze shown after bamboo crawl

Travis trying to walk the beam

Travis losing balance?

2 Beam obstacles? - Julie on the beam and we can see from how far about (apart) her thighs are, that the beam is about 3 inches?

And here, is a male, John P? on a similar beam as Julie, and the width of the beam is much less than the width of his chest:

Yellow fire cauldron visible in background. Lighting cauldron could possibly be last element of challenge.

3- Possible Order of obstacles in Challenge

Bamboo Crawl, Coconut Maze, Ramp, Balance Beam, Light Fire Cauldron

More Speculation Updated Soon as Promos Become Available

4- Other Spoilers

I - From Vanuatu Daily Post: here
July 10 - A cute female contestant has been voted off the island. Mele Cascades was closed for a 'private' function to film a survivors challenge 'reward' on Thursday 8th. The winning contestants had a full-on meal supplied to them near the waterfall in which they were swimming with nobody to bother them. The next challenge is being stage today in a pig pen. Presumably contestants have to find something racing around in a dirty smelly pig pen with 'ferocious' wild pigs in order to win a live pig to eat - the last time a pig was killed on Survivors it caused an uproar with animal rights groups. Wonder if they got some film footage of the magnitude 5.7 earthquake that was centered close to Lelepa and Moso, where Survivors are filming on Thursday morning?? July 12 - Will the next challenge be on Ambrym? A helicopter departed this morning for the island of Ambrym; the location of Vanuatu's most spectacular, and active volcano. Two pilots on board; one local and one from the survivor team being shown the way? - stay tuned........

II - According to a recent USA Today hereinterview dated June 14th, Jeff Probst described some contestants as follows:

i)a colorful guy who would call himself a redneck
ii)super-cute girls who appear to be fighters
iii)a bunch of cocky guys
iv)someone "inspirational" who Probst promised will "make you realize you can do anything you put your mind to."

III - A Denver Post article herepublished Thursday, June 17 reports that "a Denverite just had a going-away party before he/she left to compete in "Survivor 9 - Vanuatu." Filmed in the former New Hebrides Islands, it will air in the fall

5- Filming Spoilers

Start Date: at this time our best guess is that filming starts at earliest on Monday June 21, (based upon the USA Today article dated June 14th which reports that "In one week, he takes off for Vanuatu (near Fiji in the Pacific) to test a new set of contestants".) Taking into account that contestants have one or two rest days and several survival orientation days after arriving on location and Probst is mostly likely on location several days to a week before filming begins then the start date is most likely the following week, Monday June 28. calendar

6- Boot Spoilers

Yasur (female) tribe win first immunity challenge

First boot: reported by poster at Survivor Sucks: Brook Geraghty MickeyKnocks page 6

Lopevi (male) tribe wins second immunity challenge

Second boot: reported by poster at Survivor Sucks: Dolly Neely MickeyKnocks page 8

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: General Episode Spoilers tribephyl 09-09-04 1
   RE: General Episode Spoilers volsfan 09-09-04 2
       RE: Hang on just a second!! Capn2patch 09-09-04 4
           RE: Hang on just a second!! emydi 09-09-04 5
           RE: Hang on just a second!! redbeard103152 09-09-04 10
   RE: General Episode Spoilers emydi 09-09-04 3
       RE: General Episode Spoilers VerucaSalt 09-09-04 6
   RE: General Episode Spoilers bondt007 09-09-04 8
 RE: General Episode Spoilers Flowerpower 09-09-04 7
 RE: General Episode Spoilers tribephyl 09-09-04 9
   RE: General Episode Spoilers Capn2patch 09-09-04 11
       RE: General Episode Spoilers udg 09-10-04 12
           RE: General Episode Spoilers Capn2patch 09-10-04 13
 Even more proof. tribephyl 09-11-04 14
 RE: General Episode Spoilers RudyRules 09-12-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-04, 05:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
Fantastic Job Cap'n.

I sense a bit of KrautBoy in you.

My best response would be ... You need to sign up for the SOTS.
Your powers are needed.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.
The ABC is here! The ABC is here!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
I agree Phyl! Hell, we may not need a week one SOTS after that!

EXCELLENT!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

09-09-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hang on just a second!!"
Thank you but, let me clear the air here.

I can't take credit for anything, none of this is my material. I may have added links to the spoilers and given credit to where they came from, but all of it comes from Fever as the link above will attest. Everything is available on the internet.

Secondly, I am a newcomer here and what led me to this site is SOTS. I NEED MY SOTS. And it is not my intention to usurp someone's assignment. Survivabear is doing episode 1, and I'm looking forward to it.

Note: Thanks Tribe. Doing SOTS myself would certainly be an honor, although a season of "savoir faire" as many of you veterans already have is in order.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hang on just a second!!"
I can't take credit for anything,
none of this is my material. I may have added
links to the spoilers and given credit to where they
came from, but all of it comes from Fever as
the link above will attest. Everything is available on the
internet.

Well, what you posted is a perfect example of what a SOTS IS, collecting all the material out there and putting it in a nice and concise post for others to use to wade through the spoiling out there on the internet!!!

All of us just wish we could take credit for the spoiling of the boots, challenge winners, etc. We just use deductive reasoning, through vidcaps, prior episodes, etc. We go to Snewser, etc. for help and/or confirmation of our picks.

Putting it together for us knuckleheads here is most appreciated!! And I'm telling you, BR would LOVE IT if you stepped up to the plate for him....ask him when he returns!!!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

YAY!!!!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-09-04, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Hang on just a second!!"
From one pirate to another thanks for the fantastic job. Looking forward to a great spoiling season with ya Captain.RedBeard

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-04 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

OH CAPITAN MY CAPITAN!!!

I agree with triby and doc!! I think I am starting to get up to speed with this most EXCELLENT post!!!

I know that Brownroach only wanted to do a SOTS as a last resort. He's away this week, but you might want to see if you can step in for his week...I'm sure our elder statesman BR would appreciate it!!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

I think we know who will be crowned "Best new spoiler of S9"!!!!!
Way to go Capitan!!

edited bc I'm a dundahead

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-09-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
Capn, welcome to the wonderful world of SB and add my tipping of my cap to a very well thought out and organized posting of the information. You have absolutely no worries as others stated as the majority of people who post utilize other sites in order to make their points.

With the barrage of material all over, this is nice and tidy for my lazy being

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-09-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"

Wher'd KB go, anyway? Just wondering...

posting forever despite my DAWness

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
Here, here, well done, Capn! Thanks so much for rounding up all of this info for all of us to read and sift through. It's greatly appreciated! Your talents and insight into the game are greatly appreciated as well! Looking forward to your speculations on the boards throughout S9.

09-09-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
I wanted to post this here for those of us that still aren't convinced that the women have won immunity in Ep1.

Thank you PygmyIsland.

Sn'DCS©MMIV

09-09-04, 11:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
Well done Tribe! With all the rendered images of this cap out there, that's the best prospect I've seen so far to establish that the women do in fact win immunity in the first challenge.

Purple arrows: spear tip w/two balls underneath (go figure.)
Blue arrow: Idol's eye is white circle.
Green arrow: idol's mouth is beak-like.
Black arrow: A lea (?) is draped around its neck.
Red arrow: A skirt?
picture and description courtesy of Fat little fingers at Sucks.

In your gif image it is clear that Mia (back right) is holding the II (right arm). I now see why it was so hard to identify the II through the stills.
->It is shown from the back against a tiki (totem) and as it turns slowly to its' left, the Idols' white beak-like mouth becomes visible (see green arrow).
->The spear tip is not visible bc the image is cut.

These are not the faces of losers going to TC.

In my mind (and it's just little old me), the only point that needs to be confirmed is Brooks' Boot.

I have a question. What's this?

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-10-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
>I have a question. What's this?

That is a banner. They were a common decoration for challenges in season 8. For example:

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

09-10-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
True enough UDG, but this banner is different in the sense that the tribe colours being red and yellow, why has the large red banner taken prominence in the center of the staff?

You'll note that in the pic you posted from S8, it identifies the tribes by their colors, each with their own staff - green, yellow, red - as well the single staff (top right) has a pennant with each colour.

I guess my real question is - what is the significance of the red banner at the center of the staff?

09-11-04, 09:50 PM (EST)
14. "Even more proof."
Here are the men, awaiting one of the last few to finish the task. Brady can't help himself.
I see Rory, Travis, one of the Johns, Brady and Brook.

Here's the men looking muddy and very resigned to their inevitable loss. I see Brook, Rory, Brady(kneeling), one of the Johns, Lea and Chad.

Makes me think that either Chris or the other John are the main contributors to the men's IC loss.

And for fun ... Here's Mia clapping and cheering.

Sn'DCS©MMIV

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-04, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: General Episode Spoilers"
Very well done!
Thanks for pulling so much info together for us here Capn!

Your 2003 College Football Pool Ultimate Prize Winner!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •