The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"

Born and raised in Wausau, Wisconsin, Leann Slaby graduated from D.C. Everest High School in Schofield, Wisconsin. After high school, she began modeling in Minneapolis. Shortly thereafter, she moved to Milwaukee and has been doing commercial print modeling in both Milwaukee and Chicago for the past 15 years.

About four years ago, Slaby began acting, having done various commercials, and has appeared in two independent films. She has been singing in a cover band for four years as well. She sang the National Anthem at games for the Milwaukee Admirals and Milwaukee Brewers.

For the last ten years, Slaby has also been working as a research assistant for an investment firm in Milwaukee.

In 1998, Slaby donated one of her kidneys to her father when his kidneys began failing due to diabetes. Six years later, his new kidney is still working wonderfully.

Slaby, big on adventure and thrills, enjoys bungee jumping and skydiving. Her hobbies include fishing, volleyball, golf and blackjack in Las Vegas.

Recently divorced, Slaby, a huge animal lover, currently lives in the Milwaukee area with her dog, Floyd. Her birth date is July 8, 1969.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... emydi 08-17-04 1
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... dabo 08-17-04 2
       That? Devious Weasel 08-23-04 14
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... Jerrethan 08-22-04 11
 OMH-My coworker knows this woman! weltek 08-17-04 3
   RE: OMH-My coworker knows this woma... KObrien_fan 08-17-04 4
 ForumsNet posting SurvivorBlows 08-17-04 5
   RE: ForumsNet posting dabo 08-18-04 8
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... seahorse 08-17-04 6
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... SurvivorBlows 08-18-04 7
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... seahorse 08-22-04 12
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... mikey 08-18-04 9
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... Pensha26 08-18-04 10
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... Ra_8secs 08-23-04 13
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... cuon10 08-27-04 15
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... Jerrethan 08-27-04 16
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann S... cuon10 08-27-04 18
 A little insight from Milwaukee... tamarama 08-27-04 17
   RE: A little insight from Milwaukee... Brownroach 08-30-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
She has an eerie resemblance to Jerri....

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Will she act the same???

08-17-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
Yowza!

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=s9spoilers;action=display;num=1090242224

aka Leann Needles (must have changed her name after the divorce).

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "That?"
Is a wonderful picture, Dabo.

Jerrethan 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jerrethan Click to send private message to Jerrethan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
I was thinking the same thing... It's like Jerri, but with skills. (I still love her ). Leann looks beautiful too.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "OMH-My coworker knows this woman!"
I just read my emails from today (was out of town) and got the following email from my coworker.

Hey Kim,

I don't know if you still watch Survivor, but my sister's friend Leann is on in the one this fall. So you will have to root for her. Provided she is not a trecherous snake.

Anne

I'm already priming my sneaky questions. Any suggestions? My luck and she'll be another Wisconsin freak. I now live in the same town Dirk is from.
*rolls eyes*

Handcrafted by RollDdice

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: OMH-My coworker knows this woman!"
Find out if she has seen her recently, maybe can get some weight loss spoiler. Did she look tan, happy, etc.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "ForumsNet posting"
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=s9spoilers;action=display;num=1090242224

Here's the scoop on her occupation - I'm the wife of one of the band members from Leann's former band, 76 Juliet. Leann has been involved in modeling, acting, and singing for many years. Not only is she sexy - she is one smart cookie. When she left the band in June, she also left her job of 10+ years as Vice President of Private Client Research at a large investment firm in Milwaukee. Look out for this one!!! She's sexy, slick, and smart!!! You can see more pics of Leann at: www.76juliet.com - there are lots of pics of her in the 2003 archive, and there are pics of her up thru June of this year. Enjoy!!!

08-18-04, 00:58 AM (EST)
8. "RE: ForumsNet posting"

She does love the spotlight.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-04 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

Love her last name, Slaby.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
>Love her last name, Slaby.

I'm going to have lots of fun with these names this season -- it's like a headline writer's dream cast

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-04, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
You've got that right, Webby. I think the list of contestants is unbelievable. Let's just hope the season meets up to the high expectations. I really need a fix.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-18-04, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"

>Recently divorced, Slaby, a huge animal
>lover, currently lives in the
>Milwaukee area with her dog,
>Floyd.

I thought this above sentence was interesting, suggesting the extramarital affair that broke up her marriage.

Also, a real question -- what sport is the Milwaukee Admirals?

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-18-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
Minor league hockey in the American Hockey League.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-04, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
I like her name and her look already. Lean slabby?

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-27-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
She is on for the exposure. While I admire her for giving a kidney to her dad and for being an animal lover, I am guessing she is out of there after 12 days, unless she uses her wily ways on Scout, only I have this feeling Scout is there for the game and not any romance since she is in a relationship for many years. 12-days.

Jerrethan 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-27-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jerrethan Click to send private message to Jerrethan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
I couldn't disagree more with you. And I think that you're insulting both Scout and her by actually saying that she could "use her wily ways on Scout". I also expect her to last more than you think: she's smart, doesn't look lazy, weak or conflictive.

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-27-04, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Leann Slaby"
NO, she is a pretty lady, but looks are deceiving as well. I was not trying to insult Scout, I just believe from the bios Scout is going to kind of be the unsaid leader to some extent and I don't think Scout is the kind of person who is there for anything, but to play the game. Which means no-nonsense. Most people go there for the money. Number 1 reason why they go and then some are there for exposure. If someone says, "yea, I think the money would be nice, but I am there for the experience.
Would they be there for the experience if it were for $25,000?
NO. She is a performer and she is there for major exposure. Don't get me wrong I hope she gets her big break.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-27-04, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "A little insight from Milwaukee..."
I think cuon10 is absolutely on-target re: exposure.

I'm from Milwaukee, and I have...connections to Leann.

However, I don't actually KNOW her. (FINALLY someone from Milwaukee, who actually worked for the same company I work for, and is involved in similar extracurricular activities...and I don't know her. Argh!)

I can offer only very small tidbits of insight:

Don't get excited about the 'Vice President' title that the band member's wife was talking about. This was at a large firm which has more VPs than you can shake a stick at.

As for the whole acting thing...I'm a long-time (25yrs) member of the Milwaukee theater world (ranging from community crap at age 13, to professional gigs with regional companies. I even made my living at it for a while.)

We are not a huge city, and the theater companies here are pretty incestuous. Heck, theater around the country is a pretty small world. We all know each other. Therefore, I was shocked to hear that there was an 'actress from Milwaukee' that I had never heard of, nor had most of my actor friends.

I will admit, I'm not involved in the Milwaukee FILM world -- and there is one -- but alot of the film actors in town do theater too.

So I've been asking around. I do have one friend who made an independent film with Leann, and he said he thought it made it to a couple of festivals (no, I'm not talking about Sundance-sized festivals). Anywho, he said he thought the film sucked, and he couldn't even remember the name of it. This is a smart, full-time professional actor (read: no day job) that couldn't remember the name of a film he was in -- doesn't sound like it was a big project. I also talked to a friend who works at a local talent agency -- she recognized Leann's name & thinks she did some work for them (that would be for local and/or regional commercials).

Keep in mind that this woman had a full-time day job for 10ish years...any acting jobs she did would have had to fit with that. (I know my theater gigs slacked off when I went back to a day job. They just can't give you a sizable role if you have to go to a different job 9-5 -- and any out-of-town work is out-of-the-question.)

I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like she's one of those that thinks reality TV is going to be her big break. She didn't take a leave of absence at work -- she quit. She's recently divorced, she quit singing with her band. It adds up. *sigh* I hope she's got the chops to back it up if she gets any auditions out of this.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A little insight from Milwaukee..."
Hi, tamarama. Good to see you back here!

Let us know if you uncover anything else about Leann. From her video remarks, she's not gonna be thrilled about hanging out with a bunch of women. If she can't conceal that from the tribe, it may get her an early boot.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •