The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"

Eliza Orlins was born in New York City, where she grew up when not traveling to China with her family. When she was four years old, she and her parents went to Beijing, where they adopted her sister, Sabrina. Sixteen months later, her youngest sister, Emily, was born. Her father's career moved them to Hong Kong, where she attended Hong Kong International School. A couple of years later, her family moved back to New York until 1995, when they moved to Washington, DC She attended the Sidwell Friends School where she ran varsity track and cross country. She participated in the Marine Corps Marathon with the AIDS Marathon Training Program her junior year. At Sidwell, she also wrote and edited for the school newspaper and was the assistant director of the Spring Musical during her senior year. Last summer, Orlins interned at the Legal Aid Society in New York City

Orlins is currently a senior at Syracuse University, where she is working a dual major in international relations and political science, with a minor in Chinese. She is a Dean's Scholar and has made Dean's List every semester. She is in the process of applying to law school and intends to be a public defender after graduation. She's a member of Alpha Phi Sorority and was the vice president of New Member Recruitment, for which they won the award for best overall recruitment at their national convention.

Orlins is also a member of the Golden Key Society and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. She is currently working on her Honor's Thesis and will graduate in May 2005.

Orlins describes herself as an intense, vivacious, driven and politically active woman who loves reality television, sports and eating. She says she brings her competitiveness, speed, swimming skills and enthusiasm to SURVIVOR: VANUATU. She believes that she can be the Sole Survivor because "people will underestimate me."

Orlins has been dating her boyfriend, Justin, for four years. Her birth date is December 25, 1982.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... Immunegirl 08-17-04 1
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... seahorse 08-17-04 2
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... clemsonbeav 08-18-04 5
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... MattyMax 08-17-04 3
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... frisky 08-17-04 4
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... JazzyJax 08-18-04 6
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... Flowerpower 08-18-04 7
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... Immunegirl 08-18-04 8
       RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... MattyMax 08-19-04 9
           RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... Flowerpower 08-19-04 10
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... Scarlett O Hara 08-19-04 11
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... Ra_8secs 08-23-04 12
 RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... DRONES 08-24-04 13
   RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza O... Immunegirl 08-24-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-17-04, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Orlins is currently a senior at Syracuse University, where she's a member of Alpha Phi Sorority and was the vice president of New Member Recruitment, for which they won the award for best overall recruitment at their national convention.

The ability to
1. Get into APhi at Syracuse
2. Rise to a vice president position in a chapter like the Alpha Phi chapter at Syracuse
and 3. recruit well enough to win the recruitment award at convention (though I am by far the least sure about #3. I honestly don't think it is hard to recruit for that chapter)

indicates to me that Eliza is pretty (duh) and your typical sorority type (take that as you will), but also able to read and manipulate people well, and to make everyone like her while sticking a knife in their back. My first impression would be Jenna M. with a lot more manipulative ability and people skills.

I was a VP member recruitment of my Alpha Phi chapter and am still in the general Alpha Phi recruitment loop. Will ask around and see what I can find out about her.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

Will also look into Julie Barry as I wouldn't be surprised if she was also APhi.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
She is an intelligent, good looking, well traveled woman. She might do quite well in the game.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-18-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Good looking is right.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-17-04, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-04 AT 08:33 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-17-04 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-17-04 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

Heh, alright, so I have 2 (!!!) connections to Eliza Orlins. She's a friend of a friend, as well as another friend's sister's friend's sister. It may sound a little stretched, but I've been receiving a couple of tidbits about her.

Word on the street, she's a b*tch. A spoiled sorority girl. She has a strong personality, very political. I've heard a couple of stories about her that maybe I'll pull out later for basher material, but really are just slander at this point... Let's just say that she is pretty 'experienced' in the ways of the world.

Personally I don't know the girl... So I feel a little guilty posting this negative review and I kinda hope she doesnt see this, but as a member of this board I can't keep it to myself...

Also, I'm not that impressed with her sorority credentials. Rush/Recruitment is hard, I know, but being 'vice president' of the effort one semester means that she just helped out, put up posters and bought soda.

I don't think she's Jenna M. and I think she's dead in the water.

MM

ETA: Of course I'll put up any info I get as it comes in. I don't know if any weight loss spoilers are gonna be any good for this twig ;)

ETA2: I used 'Personally..." twice. upon review hurt my eyes.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Wow, who said there were only six DAWgrees of separation?

Yes, you must post everything you think/know/speculate, no matter how negative. It's the law.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Hey, every little tidbit helps. I was not impressed with her "I'm the cute girl" mentality during the initial promo, though to her defense it was really quick. The majority of the cast are pretty good looking, she will not stand out or be able to use her looks much.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Well, having attended Syracuse in my younger years, I have known quite a few Alpha Phi's in my day, and imo they have a very strong and popular chapter at SU. Yes, one could say that they were aggressive and worldly women, and yes, some may even refer to some of them as bit*hes, but I for one, don't think that having a strong personality and going after something one wants in an aggressive manner is necessarily a bad thing. Of course a few of the alpha male types could be threatened by a woman with this personality. Sounds like the girl has some savvy to me, and if she really has been a fan of reality TV, then she must have learned something by watching the shortcomings of others on the show. I think if she's a smart girl and watches her mouth, than she could go far!

08-18-04, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
That is exactly my impression of that chapter from being at their house and recruitment meetings/convention. Would I be surprised if she was a b!tch? No. But I also wouldn't be surprised if she was had a lot of social saavy.

As far as I know, there has been one other sorority vice president of recruitment on Survivor--Kelly Goldsmith. The Kappa chapter at Duke is quite similar to the APhi chapter at Syracuse. I'll keep looking for info on the APhi front and see how she might compare to the impressions of Kelly that I got during the years recruiting against her.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Hmm... Flower, you're comments made me want to temper my own. Let me ellucidate on what exactly I heard. I mean, compared to what's been said about Lisa, this girl doesn't seem that bad.

From the friend of her sister, I heard that She was a very strong personality, very political, and the comment that 'she will be either first or last.'

From the other ear, a survivor fan who knows her directly, I hear that she is a "Jewish American Princess", as well as a couple of dirty stories, but also that she has a good chance of doing well. I don't know what he bases this speculation on, however. Also she is very proud of her Chinese connections, and will probably tout her Chinese skills 'in the first episode'.

So I got some mixed messages. Once I get back to the states (this weekend) I'll be able to get some more info.

I hope she's a Kelly G. character. That girl worked HARD in Africa, and I really respected her. But It also seems like she could rub some people the wrong way. At least we know she probably won't have any problems with social manipulation or talking behind people's backs.

MM

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
I hear that she is a "Jewish American Princess"

Well, if that's true, and she's like one of the thousands that I met in my Syracuse days, then I could'nt see her lasting one night....let alone 39 days! We'll have to see. The princesses I knew certainly were not into "roughing" it. As for being a bi*ch, well, we all know that you certainly don't have to be a princess to be a bi*ch! But, on the other hand, if she is a princess, rubbing people the wrong way would be a serious understatement regarding her!

If she exploits her Chinese skills to the benefit of her tribe, a la Sandra, I could see her earning early points and perhaps making it farther.

At any rate, she should be one to watch, sounds like she could be quite entertaining for us all!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-19-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
I for one, am very impressed with her credentials! Sidwell Friends School indicates to me that her family has money. Also, her international travel and upbringing is sure to have had a positive impact on her personality and outlook. And she must be pretty savvy with her metropolitan experience in Hong Kong, New York and Washington, DC! I just might find myself cheering for this young lady, even if she is a Yankee!

Scarlett

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
She looks alot like Jenna Morasco to me. And that's good enough.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-04, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Was there a chance that she attended Sidwell Friends at the same time as Chelsea Clinton? Just curious.

DRONES

08-24-04, 07:37 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor 9 Contestant - Eliza Orlins"
Sidwell has three different schools: Lower (K-4) Middle (5-8) and upper (9-12). Chelsea was class of '97, and since Eliza is a senior at SU that would make her class of '01. That would put her in 8th grade when Chelsea was a senior. So, unless Eliza took some time off between high school and college, the answer is no.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •