The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Jenna is in so tight with Rob and Amber and the whole scene with Rupert in the bushes was a test that Rob probably put her up to, so they could get a feel for Rupert. I don't know why they are covering this alliance so much. But these three are the final three if Rupert does not win immunity. Rob will take Amber to the final two if he wins.
Amber if she is smart will take Jenna to the final two.
But Amber, Jenna and Rob have stuck it out since the merge with Jenna and Rupert and I think the fact that they are hiding this alliance makes it all the more plausible that they are the final three.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... curveball 05-07-04 1
   RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 3
 RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 2
   RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... atimberger1 05-07-04 4
       RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 5
           RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... atimberger1 05-07-04 7
               RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 8
                   RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... atimberger1 05-07-04 22
       RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... Oscirus 05-07-04 12
           RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 14
               RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... okaloosajohn 05-07-04 18
   RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... nailbone 05-07-04 6
       RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 9
           RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... nailbone 05-07-04 20
               RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 21
 RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... Brat2u 05-07-04 10
   RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 11
       RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... kykate 05-07-04 13
           RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 15
       RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... AngloFile 05-07-04 16
           RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 17
       RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... ohboy 05-07-04 19
           RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... memacmur 05-07-04 23
               RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... buscemi 05-07-04 24
                   RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... Brownroach 05-07-04 25
                       RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing... kykate 05-07-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-07-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Every season there is a "hidden alliance" and I agree, this year I believe it is Rob-Amber-Jenna. It's not a stretch, R-A is obvious, but I don't think we have been shown how tight the 3 are for obvious reasons...

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-07-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Yeah, but if she does have an alliance with them, she'd be stupid to stick with it.

05-07-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Huh? What possible motivation would Jenna have for doing this? If she sticks with Rupert and they win the tiebreaker next week, they can take out Rob (if he loses immunity) or Amber (if Rob gets immunity). Then, she's basically guaranteed a spot in the final 2. Do you think anyone wants to face Rupert in the finals. I guess that if Rupert wins the final immunity challenge, he could stab her in the back, but why? He would stomp her in the finals. If she goes with Rob/Amber & takes Rupert out, the only shot she has at the final 2 is if she wins immunity. I guess Rob or Amber could stab each other in the back, but I'm not sure that they have much better odds against Jenna than against each other.

I guess the main thing is that Rob is the best at immunity challenges. There's no way Jenna should pass on voting him out if she has the chance.

atimberger1 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-07-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail atimberger1 Click to send private message to atimberger1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
I hae to agree, why would Jenna really do this??? As far as the tightness of alliances, the Jenna/Rupert alliance has been edited lately to be faltering. Perhaps just misdirection. Although, I must disagree with "who wants to take Rupert to the finals"

If these people think Rupert is truly as arogant as they've been saying, than he would be a great choice. Couple that with the fact that at least 3 of the Jury members have targeted Jenna before they left because "she's smart" and knows how to play the game, I see no reason why Amber would bring her. All in all, the only two I can see PERHAPS bringing one another is Romber, and even that has the potential for backstabbing. Think about it if you are Rob or Amber, why bring the other when you can almost be assured they have a chance of beating you, due to the better strategy avenue. Overall, at this point I'd say Rupert is an Awesome choice for F2.

More and More I'm becoming convinced of an Amber/Rupert F2

05-07-04, 10:43 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Who is saying that Rupert is arrogant? Besides, I still think that Rupert's a tougher final 2 opponent than Jenna. Who likes Jenna? Anyone? Who hates her? Sii-Ann, Big Tom, Alicia, etc. Heck, she couldn't even beat Richard in the vote on the 1st season.

05-07-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail atimberger1 Click to send private message to atimberger1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Have you read any of the overall thoughts on S8, from the players about other players. Many were not impressed with Rupert.

05-07-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Yeah, I've seen that, but I didn't see anyone calling him arrogant.

05-07-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Main Entry: ar·ro·gance
Pronunciation: 'ar-&-g&n(t)s
Function: noun
: a feeling or an impression of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or presumptuous claims

they didn't outright say, but they all implied it. They said the same thing but it different words.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-07-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
they wanted Jenna out because she was annoying that wholesmarter than rupert thing was just a smokescreen

Rupert actually has been playing stragetically somewhat he;s been trying to get rid of Jenna without actually voting her out thereby keeping her vote in the finals.

05-07-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
I have to agree on that one. Last night's immunity challenge was mental, so I'm guessing that the next one is physical. We all know that the F3 challenge will be endurance. There's really no 'mental' part of the game left. Basically, whoever the other 2 were, they knew that they would have to go against Amber & Rob.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
The maze challenge is mostly mental, I think...

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Huh? What possible motivation would Jenna have for doing this?

Well, a) she's been shown as tight with Amber, and in the Romber sandwich, so they're friends and
b) since when have any of these morons been thinking strategically? For all but Romber, it's been all about friendships and alliances over strategy. If there is a R/A/J alliance, then Rupert is gone without immunity.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

05-07-04, 11:00 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
You don't think that Rupert's been playing the game strategically? He aligned with Jenna/Amber/Rob, and they all rode it to the final 4. What did Rob do besides convince Lex to keep Amber?

Besides, it doesn't take great intelligence for Jenna to figure out that she's in better position with Rupert & Amber/Rob in the F3 than with Amber & Rob.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
If ANY of these people had been truly playing strategically, Rob would have been gone the first time he didn't win immunity, and Amber would have been gone when she went to Mogo Mogo.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

05-07-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
I disagree with part one of your post. Sure, Lex & co. were stupid for not voting out Amber, but my sole point is that Rupert & Jenna have played the game well, and obviously they had nothing to do with that decision.

As for part 1, why would Jenna & Rupert vote off Rob. With Amber & him, they basically had a golden ticket to the final 4. Besides, when would they have voted Rob off? Assume, for instance, that they voted of Rob last week. Last night, you likely would have had Amber, Tom, and Shii-Ann voting off Jenna. Then, I bet that they take Rupert out in the final 4. I think that Jenn & Rupert played their cards perfectly.

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."

A few episodes ago, Amber and Rob were talking between themselves and to others about getting rid of Jenna or Rupert. Their first choice was Jenna...

05-07-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
They talked about it last night as well (with Tom). If Jenna thinks that she has an alliance with them, she's being played.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
IMO, it was obvious last night that Jenna's real alliance (to her) is Rob, Amber and her in the final 3. I believe her "alliance" all along to Rupert was to get as far as she could (having an extra vote to add to her and Romber), but all along Rupert has been the expendable one when they get to the final 4.

So, I don't think this is a Rupert-Jenna, Rob-Amber, 2-2 alliance thing. Rob and Amber did an excellent job when they convinced both Tom and Amber they were going to the final 3 with them. Jenna herself said last night that the "alliance" was strong.

I believe Rupert now knows of her closeness with Rob-Amber because of the 4-1 vote. If Jenna had not convinced Rupert to vote for Tom instead of Romber, and if Rob-Amber hadn't been convinced that Rupert-Jenna were on their side, the vote would not have been 4-1. Rupert voted in a way he knows wasn't smart because he really had no other choice.

IMHO, without immunity and I doubt he gets it, this new-to-us alliance will go to the final 3.

Looks like ChillOne found himself a pretty good source - again.

05-07-04, 11:16 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
Well, again, if that is the case, Jenna is not very bright, especially if Rob doesn't win immunity.

Would you rather be forced to beat Amber & Rob for your only shot at immunity in the final 2 or face Rupert & Amber in the final 3, with a good shot that either would take you to the final 2?

AngloFile 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AngloFile Click to send private message to AngloFile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
IMO the only reason they talked about getting rid of Jenna with Tom was b/c the really needed to be sure of what Tom's vote would be (and that it wouldn't be Amber). Other than that I think the conversation was meaningless in its content--they knew Jenna would be an easier sell to Tom than Rupert. Tom was right, he *was* a swing vote, but he didn't use that power well.

05-07-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
That's a fair point, but at the same time, Tom also indicated that he thought Jenna was a bigger threat than Rupert, indicating that there was at least some substance. Of course, this could have been based on his hatred of Jenna, but he at least said that it was based on her intellect.

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
>They talked about it last night
>as well (with Tom).
>If Jenna thinks that she
>has an alliance with them,
>she's being played.

I don't think you can count on what they said with Big Tom cause he was being played by them he is the one that got voted off.
I am sensing serious misdirection

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-07-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
My issue with the stupidity of these players is that even if I thought I had a tight F3 alliance with Romber, 5 is where I would have ended it.

Even if Jenna has a tight "hidden alliance," you darn well know it isn't as tight as Rombers. Therefore even if you are the one that makes it to the final 3, you HAVE to win immunity to make it the final 2. Heck, you also HAVE to have the 4th survivor LOSE immunity in the next challenge, or you're pretty much dead weight.

On the other hand, if everyone had done the smart thing and turned on Romber, Amber would have been gone. Brownie points to all but Rob for doing the 'smart' thing and breaking up the most powerful twosome. They then might have had a chance at ousting Rawb either next or at the final 3. Now they have a tie situation if the two up front alliances try to go against each other. Granted, Jenna may well end up in the final 3, but she has to win the final immunity. And we've seen how poor her endurance has been thus far. Good luck.

To make this a ridiculously long post, let me add some more speculative thoughts - had Amber been voted out, Jenna and Rupert would both have had 2 paths to make it the final 2. Now they both have 1, and it involves being the most liked of the two of them, and winning immunities. Yech.

Shii Ann was right - Stupid people.

MEmacmur

05-07-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
What exactly would you have done differently if you were Rupert or Jenna? You seem to mention taking Rob (or Amber) out in the F%, but why would Rupert/Jenna do this? If they did, you would have had Tom, Shii-Ann, and Rob/Amber. Rob/Amber then wins immunity. Guess who is going home? I'm guessing Jenna b/c everyone hates her, but maybe Rob/Amber takes out Rupert for turning on Rob/Amber. Instead, Rupert & Jenna are in the F4. Win the tiebreaker, and its' the 2 of them against one other in the F3. Looks like they played it right to me.

Of course, I agree that Lex & co. should have taken out Amber, but that really has nothing to say aboutthe game playing of Rupert & Jenna.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-04 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

memacmur is saying they should have done it last night, when there were five people left. Rupert, Jenna and Tom should have voted off Amber.

I never understand why, when there are two people who do everything to give the impression they will NEVER vote each other out, the other people don't gang up and get rid of one of them pronto. Never understand it, never, never...

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Jenna in Tight Alliance Editing is fooling us."
I'm with you Brownroach - even with people since Kathy pointing it out point blank right in their faces. Stupid, STUPID people.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •