The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sue is the "Big Surprise""
I looked to see if this had been posted and could not find
anything, so forgive me if you already know this.

I was listening to our local radio station Star 100.7 the Jeff and Jer Showgram this morning and they were interviewing Shi Ann. During the interview they asked her if she had heard about Sue Hawk. As they tell it the Extra! channel on TV paid $100,000 to give Sue a massive make over! They said Extra! or E! can't remember which channel now, are going to reveal her make over shortly. Sue is saying this is the first time ever that she has worn high heels. I guess her face, hair and body have all been reworked. Could this be the "Big Shocking Surprise" they are talking about for the reunion show?

By the way Shi Ann played dumb, she was not aware of this.

Now this would be shocking!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Oh, Shakes... nailbone 05-06-04 1
   RE: Oh, Shakes... Brownroach 05-06-04 2
       RE: Oh, Shakes... nailbone 05-06-04 3
           RE: Oh, Shakes... Drive My Car 05-06-04 18
       RE: Oh, Shakes... spacey 05-06-04 10
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Flowerpower 05-06-04 4
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" ginger 05-06-04 12
 Not Shocking -- At Least to Me samboohoo 05-06-04 5
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" freetrade 05-06-04 6
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" freetrade 05-06-04 7
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" KObrien_fan 05-06-04 8
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" udg 05-06-04 9
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Alchemist 05-06-04 11
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" JohnMc 05-06-04 13
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-06-04 14
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Brownroach 05-06-04 15
       RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-06-04 21
           RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-06-04 22
               RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-06-04 27
           RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" steppingrazor42 05-06-04 28
               RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-06-04 31
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-06-04 16
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Brownroach 05-06-04 19
       RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-06-04 20
       RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" VolcanicGlass 05-07-04 37
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" JohnMc 05-06-04 25
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" sirius 05-06-04 17
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rondamarie 05-06-04 23
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" tinybubs 05-06-04 29
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" nerovh 05-06-04 24
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Luvmygreeneyes 05-06-04 26
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" tinybubs 05-06-04 30
       RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" RyrieRae 05-06-04 32
           A DOUBLE VOTE~!!! Woogie 05-06-04 33
               RE: A DOUBLE VOTE~!!! rjrabbit 05-07-04 34
                   finale surprise stunnerphil 05-07-04 35
                       RE: finale surprise mrc 05-07-04 41
               RE: A DOUBLE VOTE~!!! PepeLePew13 05-07-04 36
           RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" dav8515 05-07-04 48
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" uberspoon 05-07-04 38
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" kykate 05-07-04 39
       RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-07-04 40
           RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Crash Thompson Jr 05-07-04 44
               RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-07-04 49
       Changing Votes is Dangerous Cathy the Canadian 05-07-04 46
           RE: Changing Votes is Dangerous kykate 05-07-04 47
 Just an idea... arturbars 05-07-04 42
   RE: Just an idea... rjrabbit 05-07-04 43
   RE: Just an idea... Crash Thompson Jr 05-07-04 45
 RE: "Big Surprise" Molaholic 05-08-04 50
   RE: "Big Surprise" LLMax00 05-08-04 51
       RE: "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-08-04 52
           RE: "Big Surprise" Cyanide is OK 05-08-04 53
               RE: "Big Surprise" dabo 05-08-04 54
 Or... Maybe...There are 2 Charonna 05-08-04 55
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-08-04 56
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" bongo 05-08-04 57
       RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-08-04 58
           RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" bongo 05-08-04 59
               RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-08-04 60
                   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-08-04 62
                       RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-08-04 63
                           RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-08-04 64
                               RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-08-04 65
                                   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" rjrabbit 05-09-04 67
           RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" HuskiesFan 05-09-04 69
   RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" nerovh 05-08-04 61
       RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" Drive My Car 05-08-04 66
 RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise" udg 05-09-04 68
 "Big Surprise" zeako 05-09-04 70
 Big Surprise joannie 05-09-04 71

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Oh, Shakes..."
I SERIOUSLY doubt that this is the Big Surprise, cuz it has NOTHING to do with the show right now. Sue quit before getting a chance to be on the jury, adn Rich is gone, too, so she has no reason to be a big featured "surprise" in the Finale. She'll be part of the reunion deal afterwards, but even so she's not a big enough deal to warrant the amount of hype this Big Surprise is getting.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oh, Shakes..."
Boner, according to JP the surprise will be revealed during the reunion portion of the show, so this could qualify *if* it were true.

But I don't know these radio show hosts -- were they just joking around with Shii Ann perhaps? I mean, no one anywhere has spilled any clue about this, so how would they have found out? It seems extremely farfetched to me.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oh, Shakes..."
Ah, my mistake.

I still don't think this is it, though.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Oh, Shakes..."

Ummm, and that wasn't Shakes.

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oh, Shakes..."
I know it sounds hard to believe but I am just letting everyone
know what I heard on the radio this morning. The radio show is in San Diego, CA. They have a website called www.histar.com and if you go click on the Jeff and Jer section and scroll down to Shi Ann's interview. The female host Laura is the one who brings it up. I think the reveal is on Extra tonight at 7:00 Pacific time.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
You know, come to think of it, I think I have heard a rumor that a reality TV show star goes and gets an "Extreme Makeover". When I heard it, I did'nt think too much of it. Perhaps this was referring to Sue, who knows!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
If she ends up with a waist, the makeover was, indeed, Extreme.

A little "manscaping" wouldn't hurt, either.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Not Shocking -- At Least to Me"
This wouldn't surprise me, especially in light of everything that happened with Rich.

The absolute only thing that would shock me at the reunion show is if they (1) did a live vote, or (2) gave the jury a chance to change their votes. For Survivor, that would be shocking.

Samboohoo

freetrade 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freetrade Click to send private message to freetrade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Perhaps CBS didn't want Sue to sue them or Richard so they offered her this makeover? Just a thought based on your theory of the "big surprise"

freetrade 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freetrade Click to send private message to freetrade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Oops, just thought of something else. I think some viewers are not expecting Sue to be at the Reunion show because of what happened with Richard. As per all other reunion shows, the contestants sit in order of their boot off the island. This would mean that Sue would have to sit beside Richard. The audience and viewers may take note that she is not there and chalk it up to not wanting to take part in anything to do with Richard. Hence, the big surprise when she comes out totally made over.

Who knows, have to wait to find out I guess

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
What the heck did they do to her to spend $100,000 on a makeover is my question...Liposuction, boob job, plastic surgery? Other then surgery I can't even imagine spending that kind of money on makeup and fingernails.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-06-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Diamonds!!!

UDG
...are a girl's best friend...

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Some of those serious makeover shows top $200,000 per person, so for a hundred grand she could have been re-boobed, lipo'd, nose jobbed, and re-toothed, and derma-scoured. Makes Survivor sound like a cake-walk.

Alchemist

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
All this talk of Sue getting a makeover is really just silly. If she got some kind of "Extreme Makeover" treatment, then it had to take place between the time of her boot episode 8 weeks ago and now. A boob job might heal in that amount of time (did anyone else notice how much her chest looked like that of a man?), but any facial work likely would not. Plus a boob job would be concealed by her clothing.

But she would have had to gone in for the "surgery" the next day after the Early Show interview and stayed out of the public eye since then. I just don't see that as being very likely.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
I have little basis for this but I think that the big surprise is that they let all the All Stars vote on who gets the million. It would be something that's never been done before. The only thing that makes me think this is Tina's interview on the Early Show. Julie Chen asked her if she was on the jury and Tina said she couldn't answer that.

05-06-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Julie Chen asked her if she was on the jury and Tina said she couldn't answer that.

Not to worry -- it's been answered on each of the last three episodes. When Jeff says, "We'll now bring in the members of the jury," has Tina ever showed up? No.

05-06-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
I posted this in another thread but here's how I think it will play out-

What I think the big surprise is:

They have the final tribal counsel as usual with the questions and replies then the voting. The votes are cast and taken off by Jeffy. They cut to the live show and reveal that the other All Stars were kept in the Pearl Islands and have been watching the TCs.They let the other All stars (who weren't on the jury) cast their votes before they left the islands and the winner will be determined by all 16 A$$ not just the jury.

Just MHO.

05-06-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
It's an interesting thought, but I don't understand why you think they would change the entire way the voting is done.

Why even bother with a jury if everyone is going to vote?
I know this is just your opinion, but I don't see how you came to the conclusion that the winner is determined this way.

05-06-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
It's just that it would be completely unexpected and would shock everyone. Can't think of anything else that would be a bigger shocker and the promo's keep promising one.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-06-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
That would rock! I hope that's what the big suprise is....I've thought from the beginning that should include all of them somehow, the problem is there's an even # of jurors that way, 16 in all if they include the bootee's. We can only hope that it's actually a cool final tiwst and not Sue Hawk looking like a woman finally!!!!

05-06-04, 07:50 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-04 AT 05:13 PM (EST)

I thought about the even number of votes. They've had plenty of time since the show rapped to figure out what to do if that was the case. Whoever wins Final Immunity could be the tie breaker. That would prevent another Hatch dropping out early.

I first started thinking this when Tina was on the Early show and Julie asked her if she was on the jury and Tina said she couldn't answer that. I thought Tina's answer was a little strange. If she didn't have a vote, wouldn't she have just said no.

I've watched every interview on the early show and that question has never been asked again. Producers letting them know that the question was off limits maybe?

I also noticed in the transcript of the Probst teleconference that when Jiffy was asked when the big surprise would happen, the finale or the reunion, he hesitated for a while thinking and then finally answered, the reunion. Why did he have to think about it so long if this is such a shocker. I think he was trying to come up with an answer that wouldn't give it away.

He said on the view today that the surprise affects the way the game is played which supports my scenario.

They always keep the early bootees on location or nearby so that people can't figure out who's getting booted by the order in which they return home. Early bootees on A$$ were reportedly in Argentina. Bootees would not be allowed to view anything but TC while thier on location and will cast their votes after Final TC and before going home.

I may be totally off base but I think it would be a very cool twist.

Edited to add the View info and Argentina part.

05-06-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-04 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

I believe it is Sue and an extreme type makeover. Why? Because I saw the promo for Extra! this morning. Sue was talking about wanting a complete change in her look, and they used the words "extreme makeover" to describe her transformation. She has had since December to have surgery and recover.

CBS always does promos fro "shocking" moments, and they are usually not that shocking. Since this is the live reunion show, it has to be something they know of in advance.

I agree that Sue fits, and I will be watching Extra! tonight.

( Yikes I hope it was an Extra promo I saw, I get that one and Access Hollywood, and Inside Edition mixed up a lot, and IE and Ex are on at the same time here)

Edit to add, it is Extra, watch the promo here.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/

05-06-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
She has had since December to have surgery and recover.

True, Buggy, but as JohnMc points out above, she didn't look any different in her post-boot interviews, at least facially.

Anyway, if you watch the show, let us know how she looks.

05-06-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Oops, that's right, I forgot about the post show interviews.
The web promo shows her recieving surgery, so she had something done.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-07-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Great link, Drive. But since we now know that Sue is getting a makeover, I don't think that makes it a "big surprise." Jeff says it's coming at the reunion show, so the fact that it will be on tonight tells me that the "surprise" is something bigger than Sue's new look.

I still want to believe that there is a second million dollars to be given away by some type of second jury. Whether it's by all the winners, or by the additional 9 people that didn't make the "real" jury, to me, that would be a BIG twist.

sirius 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sirius Click to send private message to sirius Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
I think that the big surprise is the rumor of the $2 million. It will be one million to the winner and $1 million (a la American Idol style voting) to the most popular survivor of all the shows....I guess Rupert

rondamarie 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rondamarie Click to send private message to rondamarie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Sue is 100% having an "extreme makeover"

From the Extra website:

ON THE NEXT EXTRA
Our big "Friends" finale blowout: our on-set visits, from first to last, news about the "Joey" spin-off, the cast's future, and how Hollywood is saying goodbye. Then, "Survivor" Sue's "Extreme Makeover." Plus, Ryan Seacrest's top-secret house tour.

It will be in short segments of her transformation. She has had a breast enhancement, tummy tuck, face peel (could they really peel enough to improve is the question), and of course hair and makeup. Extra paid for it and it cost $100,000.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-04, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Welcome to Blows RondaMarie!

Sue with a makeover will only prove that beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

If buildings were built with the same quality that software is coded, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.

nerovh 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-06-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nerovh Click to send private message to nerovh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
If Sue's makeover is the big surprise, I will probably never watch another Survivor. Ugh! I don't really think that she is the surprise, though, because by the time of the reunion show, the New Sue will have already been revealed on Extra! I cling to the small ray of hope that the big surprise will actually be something that will make this season better.

Luvmygreeneyes 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Luvmygreeneyes Click to send private message to Luvmygreeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
So what are our choices? A wedding announcement by Romber, an extreem makeover look by Sue, or a possible extra million for the most popular survivor. Hmmmmmm........I hope it's the money and I hope someone good gets it.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-04 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

I remember a post midway through S8 that all the former winners would be involved in a vote at the final. The poster thought they would be involved in choosing the winner of S8. Instead, maybe it will be to distribute some additional prize money at the reunion.

Whatever the surprise is, it won't be as imaginative as some of the ideas posted in this thread.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-06-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
I've been thinking about the prospect of the jury voting live. I remember watching Big Brother Four and they let the houseguests choose the winner AFTER watching all the episodes. I thought to myself, they should do more reality TV like this... let the eliminator(s) see what WE see before they choose.

So, they could technically they could still use the jury of 7 and let them vote at the live reunion. Jeff could pull his usual cliffhanger at Final TC, but right before they vote he can come in, say something stupid, then jump on his jet ski.

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "A DOUBLE VOTE~!!!"
This was what I was thinking for a big surprise! It goes like this~

The juries have already voted for the winner. Now they come to the reunion show after watching all the episode they get to vote again! The winner for each voting(1 in the final TC and 1 in the reunion show) gets a million dollar each! This could end up having one winner with 2 million dollars or each getting a million each!

Since the 2 million dollar prize seems to be a confirmed spoiler, I think this is pretty possible!!!

05-07-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
34. "RE: A DOUBLE VOTE~!!!"
Where did you confirm your 2 million spoiler?

If you read dabo's transcript in the "Probst Teleconference" thread you'll see the Jiffy clearly says $1 million for the winner. Therefore your surprise scenario won't work.

stunnerphil 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-07-04, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stunnerphil Click to send private message to stunnerphil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "finale surprise"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-04 AT 02:06 AM (EST)

I think that the surprise has some thing to do with the viewers choice thing on the cbs website and that their will be some money in store for the winners of the different catagories or maybe it is the senario that siris said about the $2 million with $1million going to the winner of a nation wide vote like on American idol that would be cool. then again maybe they should do a season that is all live like big brother and idol and allow the public to some how be involved in what happens.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: finale surprise"
"then again maybe they should do a season that is all live like big brother and idol and allow the public to some how be involved in what happens."

Hmm, sounds like "I'm a Celebrity . . . Get Me out of Here!"

I'll pass on the live show or America voting for a winner. Have you seen American Idol recently? No thanks.

Paul Morphy--The antithesis of Bobby Fischer's paranoia and anti-Semitism
Official CASH Historian--Vote RR-Boner '04

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 06:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: A DOUBLE VOTE~!!!"

>Since the 2 million dollar prize
>seems to be a confirmed
>spoiler, I think this is
>pretty possible!!!

The only $2 million that I heard was the TOTAL amount of prizes working down from the $1 million for the winner to the $25,000 for the 18th place finisher (Tina).

dav8515 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dav8515 Click to send private message to dav8515 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
The big suprise will be survivor going live like big brother and web cams, this way the season wont be spoiled like everyother season

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Jeff P. was just on The View and he gave additional info about the "big surprise"

he said something along the lines of there being a change in the way that survivor will be played. (i would assume he is talking about the forthcoming season)

..my own personal guess (and it is NOTHING more than an unfounded guess) is that the surprise was going to be that Amber wins the final immunity and does not take rob. (a guy can dream, can't he?)

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Even if the surprise was a live re-vote (or even the 1st vote) after they jury has seen the show, would seeing the show really make any difference to those left on the jury? They are pretty aware of how things have played out and how people were acting when they left - not really any big surprises since Lex left except for ShiiAnn winning immunity that one time. No one has changed their play to change the circumstances and Romber are the same two people they always were.

05-07-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
They keep the people who are voted out early on location or nearby so no one can figure out who's been booted by the order they return home. The first survivors booted from A$$ were reportedly seen in Argentina. I think they let the booted players see the tribal councils but nothing else that's going on. Then they all get a vote on who wins the million. I think this is the big surprise for the finale.

Crash Thompson Jr 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to send private message to Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
There could be an 8-8 tie, so they can't do that.

05-07-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
They could make the final immunity challenge be the tie breaker. Whoever won the FIC would win in case of a tie. It would make winning that challenge even more important and prevent another Hatch where Rich dropped out early.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Changing Votes is Dangerous"
The problem with having the jury vote after seeing the show, or allowing them to change their votes, is that no one in future survivers would ever feel comfortable being 100% honest in confessionals ever again.

That would make for a pretty boring show for the viewers.

Try this on for size.

What if one or more of the jury members just refuses to vote for either one of the final two. I could see Lex writing "none of the above". Would they, and could they force a player to vote who just flat out refused?

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Changing Votes is Dangerous"
I don't think you can refuse, Cathy. There are rules they sign and agree to abide by - I think if you could refuse it would have been done in the past (several times, lol). It might even mean forfeiting whatever money you did win.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Just an idea..."
what if the "big surprise" thing turns out to be the final and the most important twist of this season:

Instead of Final IC and the one person vote, the final three players go straight before the jury, which in turn will consist of the whole cast booted off - all 15 of them... I know that Jenna and Sue quit and left, but who said that they could not be brought back for a day?

Any ideas?

05-07-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Just an idea..."
Do you mean while they were still in the Pearl Islands not the live show?

Crash Thompson Jr 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to send private message to Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Just an idea..."
Interesting idea, but there's a possibility of a 3-way tie (5 each), so it wouldn't work, I don't think.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: "Big Surprise""
Just adding my 1/50 of a dollar.

The whole thing of Sue's make-over just doesn't ring as the "Super Shocker" that is being promoted. Besides, the previous posts about timing (recovery time) pretty much puts a final kibosh on that idea.

The live vote also doesn't make any sense. I can't see why EPMB would let his editing have such a huge influence of the final outcome. (After jury watches all episodes).

Someone mentioned the final IC being used as some kind of tie-breaker. This would necessitate the competitors knowing this before the challenge starts... not really in keeping with the 'twists' theme.

However, I do like the idea of a second vote, possibly by the former winners ... this fits in with Amber's "bonus" car and the 'twists'.

I also think the "Live Survivor" idea is pretty good ... but the problem is in time zones (just where do you go so there is good light at 8pm ET?) Maybe some kind of tape delay but same day (very familiar to use left coasters). This would also allow for some moderate editing/time contracting features. And also frees up the time zone problem.

If they do go to a "live" or "semi-live" format, maybe S9 will be in the Greek Islands, tied in with the Olympics (battle with NBC!)

Just some thoughts...

LLMax00 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LLMax00 Click to send private message to LLMax00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: "Big Surprise""
IMO, doing a pseudo-live formatted Survivor would make it seem waaaaaaay too much like Big Brother... although if S9 is in Fiji as speculated, 8 PM ET equates to 12 PM in Fiji (the following day, of course)

05-08-04, 01:24 AM (EST)
52. "RE: "Big Surprise""
I hadn't heard the Fiji rumor. That's interesting.

I'm not sure I would like a live show. I agree it would be too much like BB and the different time zones would be a nightmare.

Cyanide is OK 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-08-04, 05:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyanide%20is%20OK Click to send private message to Cyanide%20is%20OK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: "Big Surprise""
How about these choices for big surprises:

1) Rawb proposes to Amber, and she turns him down.

2) Johnny Fairplay finally makes his appearance to A.S.S. as speculated pre-season, with his grandfather in tow....in a coffin.

3) A second million dollars is up for grabs, and it goes to whoever wins a special challenge right there on the stage.

4) Susan gets a full makeover, and one of her new boobs blows a flat right on stage

5) The entire cast to Apprentice show up and challenge the All-stars to a battle-royale.

6) Susan beats the crap out of Rich right there on stage

7) Rich appologizes during the show

8) MB shows up and hands Rupert a million dollars while sobbing "I love you man"

9) The entire jury decides back on the island that they are not giving the money to one of the F2 and all secretly right down another person's name. During the reunion, its decided that this is fairgame.

10) Glancing at the new vidcaps.....is it possible that everyone gets a million dollars? I see the one screen that has text on it "18 million dollars"....problem is, it seems that the "18" and "Million" seem to be at different depths on the screen.....so maybe its two messages sweeping past each other (like "18" contestants.....1 "million" dollars)....and without seeing it in motion (besides the one vidcap as my only reference) I really can't say.

Maybe this is wear Johnny Fairplay finally makes his appearance.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: "Big Surprise""
How about:
The police show up and escort Rob away in handcuffs, charged with the supposed blackmail some early spoiler accused him of using to try to win the game. (We've seen no evidence of this blackmail, of course, but I expect the conspiracy theorists out there are taking that as a suspicious clue of some sort.)

Charonna 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Charonna Click to send private message to Charonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Or... Maybe...There are 2 "
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-04 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

or maybe there are 2 -1 million dollar winners of "All Star Survivor"?

~Char

Nevermind.I just noticed this idea has been nixed

05-08-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
I still think Sue will be a surprise, but I don't think she is "the" surprise anymore.

Just heard a radio promo that said the reuinion would have "an announcment that will make Survivor history."
Definately not Sue.

I still think the hype won't justify whatever it is, but Sue's new boobas won't make history.

Perhaps it has to do with the next season.

bongo 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongo Click to send private message to bongo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
my 2 cents.

for some reason my mind keeps going back to what Fairplay said during the PI reunion. about his grandfather, and the look JP gave him.

So, how's this for a wild idea.
They were secretly filming a second All-star version, at the same time, that would air this summer.

could it be possible.
maybe, we have seen some other castaways on the early show and stuff, but what keeps comign back to me, is how they've all been people no one cares about. (hiedi, maralynn, mitchel, others) consealing the fact that 18 other former contestants were in the Pearl islands at the same time, competing too.

The pearl islands are hundreds of small islands, plenty of room, to spread them apart.

okay enough of that,
less 23 hours to go till finale time.
Woohoo

05-08-04, 10:18 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
my 2 cents.

It is really not worth that much. *smile*

for some reason my mind keeps going back to what Fairplay said during the PI reunion. about his grandfather, and the look JP gave him.

Johnny was just trying to get as much attention as he could. JP gave him a dirty look because the guy is an idiot who was trying to steal the limelight again. ( oh and because Jeff hates him)

So, how's this for a wild idea.
They were secretly filming a second All-star version, at the same time, that would air this summer.

That is not only 'wild' it's ridiculous.

could it be possible.

No

maybe, we have seen some other castaways on the early show and stuff, but what keeps comign back to me, is how they've all been people no one cares about. (hiedi, maralynn, mitchel, others) consealing the fact that 18 other former contestants were in the Pearl islands at the same time, competing too.

No way. Didn't happen.

The pearl islands are hundreds of small islands, plenty of room, to spread them apart.

Yes, they are. This still is no reason to believe your wild speculation has any chance of being true.

okay enough of that,
less 23 hours to go till finale time.
Woohoo

I am with you on the WooHoo!

I hope you stick around, Bongo. I hope you enjoy these forums and have fun here. I think your ideas about the show are way wrong, but your humor may make you a nice fit for the Basher forum. We have a lot of fun there too.

bongo 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongo Click to send private message to bongo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
hey the brain don't work too well after working outside in the sun and 90 degree weather all day.

BTW I've been here for awhile. Been reading topics here, pretty much since the begining of this site.

thanks for shooting down my ideas without so much as a hint of discussion. makes me feel loved. Har har.

05-08-04, 10:49 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""

Well your ideas had nothing to back them up, you didn't have any base for discussion.
Do you have reasons or proof to give any credibility to your wild speculations?

Do I at least get credit for being polite?

If you have been reading these boards since their beginning (August 2000). You know that usually a wild theory such as yours gets shot down. We don't flame members here, but we do dissagree, and you should know that if you've been here so long.

I completely dissagree with your wild speculation that has no facts to back it up. No offense to you. What discussion were you looking for?

*offers Bongo a glass of cold water*

You had to know when you posted your "second show with other all stars in the pearl islands" that someone was going to shoot it down.

I still extend an greeting to you.

05-08-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
I like discussing things with you Drive. I love these boards because of the guidelines.

ps. My hubby isn't convinced that all the All Stars get to vote but what does he know? He gets fooled by the promos. He actually thought the surprised looks on the contestants faces were clips from the final episode. I had to explain to him that the Amber clip was from the family members challenge, etc.

05-08-04, 11:22 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
And I agree with your Hubby, rabbit. I don't think there is any way that they are going to have all 16 voted off All Stars vote for the winner.

I don't think it is reasonable, I don't think it will happen.

Burnett may add twists but he won't do something that will totally cheat the audience.

He came close with the Ghost tribe last season, but what you are proposing is completely against the game.
I think your theory is completely wrong.

Hopefully you understand that this forum is for discussion AND dissagreement.

05-08-04, 11:27 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
You said in one of your replies to me that survivor is a formula show and they weren't going to change the formula. Since that time everything that's been on TV and Radio seems to indicate that they are changing the formula.

05-08-04, 11:38 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""

But I dissagree with all 16 AllStars voting. Several people have also told you why they dissagreed with that premise.
You haven't listened and want to believe your own way, that is okay. There is no evidence that your theory is right or wrong.

I guess we will see for sure tomorrow night.

05-09-04, 00:28 AM (EST)
67. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
I don't see why you think I haven't listened to what everyone has said. When someone said they diagreed and listed something I didn't say or didn't make clear, I responded with what I actually said or what I was actually thinking.

There have also been as many people who said they liked the idea.

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-04, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HuskiesFan Click to send private message to HuskiesFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""

I believe that the look was one of anger because Jenna's mom had just passed away and it was a cruel thing to say. Not to mention that JFP is the original A$$, and I don't mean All Star!

As for the surise, could it possibly be that after they announce the winner, they ask the jury who they thought should have won? Whoever they choose will win another million.

Do you remember how at every reunion show they ask the jury who SHOULD have won or was most deserving? It is usually a unanimous verdict.

Just like with the second car, Amber was chosen by Rob and she got a second car just for being the chosen one.

nerovh 67 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nerovh Click to send private message to nerovh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
The surprise could be ---- MB tricked Omarosa into thinking that she was on the next Survivor. He took her out to a remote and desolate location and left her stranded there, alone. Now she thinks that Magilla, Balboa, and Pelican Pete are plotting to vote her off because she is a strong black woman, and she is the strongest player.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. The suspense is killing me!

05-08-04, 11:39 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""

We can use this stuff on the Basher forum.
Be glad to have you!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-04, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Sue is the "Big Surprise""
Warning: The following post is in extremely poor taste.

Sue's extreme makeover was more extreme than anyone had anticipated. She had a sex change, and she's Dicque's new boyfriend. They'll be announcing their engagement at the finale.

Now this would be shocking!

UDG

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-04, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
70. ""Big Surprise""
I've heard Probst say it will change the way Survivor is played. That leads me to believe it has something to do with the voting. My guess is that if you make it to the jury and you vote for the winner you get rewarded somehow (perhaps $100,000).

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-09-04, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "Big Surprise"
I think the big surprise will be that Amber, I mean the winner, will receive $2 million instead of $1 million. I think we are already seeing the foreshadowing of this. They keep saying things like "I'm so close to ONE million dollars" and I can "smell the money."

I remember when All-Stars was in the planning stage, it was mentioned that the winner would get $2 million, and I was surprised when the dollar amount dropped to $1 million. After all, these are All-Stars! They deserve a bigger prize.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •