The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Editting?? Or personality issue??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-22-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Editting?? Or personality issue??"
I am enjoying the Bachelorette, really I am. Even though I told myself I wasn't going to watch. It's like a train wreck, gotta do it.

So, the question I am having is, is it editting that's showing too little of what's going on?? Or is Meredith too boring?? Too overwelmed?? Have too many guys going in full force?? (some are WAAAYY into this, just as much as the girls were for Bob)

I think much of it is editting, and I know it is difficult in the beginning episodes with so much content so little time. She seems almost detached, yet embracing it at the same time....Am I making any sense here folks??? Help a girl out!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Meredith. . . Yawwwwn IslandFever 01-22-04 1
 RE: Editting?? Or personality issue... sparksals 01-22-04 2
   RE: Editting?? Or personality issue... HyperTyper 01-23-04 3
       RE: Editting?? Or personality issue... redheaded_sweetheart 01-24-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-22-04, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Meredith. . . Yawwwwn"
Meredith is way boring. I am a reality show junkie and haven't even been able to watch the last two shows. I don't know why they didn't pick Kelly Jo. After seeing Bob have absolutely no interest in any of the women since he was dating Gwen, I think the whole concept is not believable. I doubt there will ever be another Trista and Ryan, just like there may never be another Clay Aiken. And the men seem to all be clones this time. I'd take a few Average Joes to spice up the show. Just my 2 cents.

sparksals 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-22-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sparksals Click to send private message to sparksals Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Editting?? Or personality issue??"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-04 AT 06:39 PM (EST)

I happen to really like Meredith. She is alot different than she was on the Bachelor. I find her to be very down to earth.

As for the editing - that is what makes the show. They edit out alot of things to keep us guessing. They edit people to make us form our opinions of them. Keith is a great case in point. He was edited to be a total jerk - he is the one who said "I am the gift". He was upset at how he was portrayed by the editing and complained they only showed that part of him when there was so much more to see.

They also edit so that the winner is not obvious. If you notice, there are ALOT of screencaps of Ian, Mathew and Lanny. The pics of Lanny are pretty obvious because of his build and hair. However, the final RC pic shows very little of the back of the guy.. it could be Ian, Chad or Mathew. I think it's Chad because there are few pics of him, many of I and M and to me that is a clue they ARE NOT the winners - though the editing may make us think they make it to the end.

Just like in the Bachelor with Boob - the editing made us think he was going to pick KJ. They showed Lee Ann in a very unflattering way as a #####. However, Bob apparently couldn't see it. The editing plays a HUGE part in the show

Oh and if you watch Survivor, the editing is the PRIME thing that gives clues as to who is in and who is out.

Cathy

HyperTyper 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-23-04, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HyperTyper Click to send private message to HyperTyper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Editting?? Or personality issue??"
I liked Meredith before for the most part, but now that she's back, I like her a lot more. We are getting to see more of her personality. She has such a peaches and cream complexion. I hope she finds a really good guy.

I don't think the guy who got the white rose is it for her, I think he may be the one throwing his tie away/tantrum.

Some of the other guys have a wait and see attitude which is very refreshing.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-24-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Editting?? Or personality issue??"
I agree with you about Meredith. I like her as the bachelorette. I think KJ, with her cheerleader personality, would have seriously gotten on my nerves. Anyway, I don't think Rick is Mr. Right for Meredith and wouldn't mind a bit if he were the one to stalk off into the night.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •