The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Just throwing out a question for wild postulation, crazed guesses, and outright deductions. As things currently stand, can you construct a scenario where Rob would vote out Amber -- or Amber would get rid of Rob -- and have it be a sensible strategic move?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... nailbone 04-19-04 1
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... Flowerpower 04-19-04 2
   RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... Drive My Car 04-20-04 8
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... strid333 04-19-04 3
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... Tinman 04-19-04 4
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... steppingrazor42 04-20-04 5
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... Loree 04-20-04 6
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... leannerenee 04-20-04 7
   RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... toddE 04-20-04 9
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... Brownroach 04-20-04 10
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... Brat2u 04-20-04 11
   RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... toddE 04-20-04 12
       RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... I_Brake4Survivors 04-21-04 13
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... daisy01 04-21-04 14
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... okaloosajohn 04-21-04 15
   RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... HuskiesFan 04-21-04 16
       RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... babalouie 04-22-04 17
           RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... gallopingael 04-22-04 21
       RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... macamrox 04-22-04 18
           RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... speedyforme 04-22-04 19
               RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... TanNymph 04-22-04 20
   RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... teffi 04-22-04 22
       RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... RudyRules 04-26-04 27
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... cowboyroo 04-23-04 23
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... teffi 04-23-04 24
   RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... JonBGone 04-23-04 25
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... rls73 04-26-04 26
 RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, hone... mookiemeister 04-27-04 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I could see both of those.

Amber voting out Rob because he'd get votes as a "gameplayer" over her as "riding coattails"

Rob voting out Amber because while they're both getting negative reputations, he'd catch the brunt of it and she'd get the votes as the lesser of two evils.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
In a word....NO!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I agree with you, I don't think it's going to happen.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-19-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I really cannot see Amber voting against Rob. She has fallen for him and I think she will totally blur the game and the emotions.

Although, I can see him voting against her. He has said more than once that he is for the million bucks and if he can get the girl too, great but it has always been the money. And he strikes me as a big enough jerk (hence the I.hate.Rob thread in bashers that I started), that he could do the unthinkable.

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

Tinman 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-19-04, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinman Click to send private message to Tinman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Maybe Rob would vote Amber out if he thinks he needs her vote to win the big bucks, but I can't see Amber voting him out.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-20-04, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Doesn't it seem like that is what it's all building towards. Rob has made at least 1/2 a dozen comments that all point toward the fact that he's going to do ANYTHING to win the $$$$. There's no doubt he'd vote her out, but I don't think it will be for a little while longer. Most likely he'll have someone else wack her for him.
Amber won't vote him off, she's blinded by emotion, as everyone else here has stated already.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I think they may try and convince the other players that they would backstab each other. But I do not think they would do it. Rob continues to say that he promised Amber he would take her to the final. And I believe it is what he wants to do to show her how macho he is. And I think she is going to help him get her there. She probably thinks she is more likeable and can beat him in the final too. And if they are planning to stick together after the show, what better way to guarantee themselves the money. As long as one of them wins it, the other can help spend it.

leannerenee 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-20-04, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leannerenee Click to send private message to leannerenee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
No. Especially b/c they are still together! (And yes, I know this for a fact.)

This is all creative editing by CBS. There is no drama surrounding two people who fall in love and don't stab each other in the back, so they wany to hype it up and make it look like it might happen. Rob and Amber might lie and tell the other players that they would get rid of one another, but they never would.

Plus, we have been told from the beginning that Burnett wants relationships on Survivor. (For example the set up in Borneo btwn. Sean and Jenna.) Look at the ratings for shows like "The BAchelor" where romantic involvement causes so much deception. This whole betrayal thing is all just a ploy by the editors on us and Amber and Rob on the other players.

On a related note, I REALLY don't think Amber and Rob were put on the same team by chance. I think Burnett saw the potential for a romance between the 2 of them and put them together on purpose.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-20-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I agree with that--MB intentionally put them together to spark some "hot" romance-- since Rob had apparently expressed interest in Amber at some of the events that ex-Survivors congregate at. MB probably anticipated drama, and they did make the cover of TV Guide, but MB has to be disappointed in the total lack of interesting-ness the two of them generate. Ugh.

ps. I'm on the bandwagon that no way does either of them backstab the other, and one of them wins the million.

Awful.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-04 AT 05:53 PM (EST)

can you construct a scenario where Rob would vote out Amber -- or Amber would get rid of Rob -- and have it be a sensible strategic move?

Not unless they do it right now.

Rob and Amber could each probably win against Alicia or Shii Ann in the final 2. The only effective betrayal strategy for either of them would be to align with one of these two now, imo.

But most of the spec has these two going next. Once they're gone, Rob and Amber become each other's best final two opponent. It would be inadvisable for them to backstab each other from F5 on.

And I think Rob sincerely intends to bring Amber to the final 2 anyway. He wouldn't vote against her unless he really thought she was trying to screw him over, but I don't see her doing that, or giving him that impression.

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I'll be the Outcast and respectfully disagree with most of you.

When separated, Rob emotionally fell apart, Amber stayed strong, stayed focused on the game. Even the rest of the Chaps were missing Amber, she's well liked by all...I doubt the Chaps would've been so distressed if Rob had been the one to be swapped to the other tribe. Rupert chose her to go on the RC. Amber can survive without Rob and she knows it.

>>>or Amber would get rid of Rob -- and have it be a sensible strategic move? <<<

The girls have a sensible stategic move available to them. They need to get rid of the biggest Immunity threats R/R/T. They have the numbers to do it for a long time now. (wishful thinking) After Rob's gone, Rupert and Tom would be toast ASAP, leveling the playing field.

If she makes it to the F2, Rob will still vote for her.
"Yah, I lost, buht my sweet a$$ gurl won, she is The A$$ and I'm hurs."

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Brat (btw, do you like Phantom Planet?)
Your reasoning is sound and indisputable. Yet it will not happen, because for some reason, these players have no sense. Rupert and Tom especially have no sense at all, they'll do nothing to try and save themselves in the end, and will be picked off soon enough. The "girl alliance" never works, either. Yes, Rob would definitely vote for Amber, but I don't think he'll get the chance.

I_Brake4Survivors 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-04, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Brake4Survivors Click to send private message to I_Brake4Survivors Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Good point about the players and lack of sense,is that why this season has been so predictable? All of MB's editing is telling me that his lovebirds will see it through and not have to backstab one another.

daisy01 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-21-04, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail daisy01 Click to send private message to daisy01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I think I read an interview with her following Australia where she was asked what circumstances "would she vote off her boyfriend?"

and her reply was if he wanted her to do something that she didn't want to do or cut her out of something, she would

I think it was one of those mens magazines, Stuff (?) - she was on the cover in a white bikini, if anyone remembers it

back then it was just hypothetical, and people react different when it's for real

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Well, there is one obvious scenario where they would each have to vote for the other. If they are final 3 with Jenna and Jenna wins the last immunity challenge...

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HuskiesFan Click to send private message to HuskiesFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Could Romber be planning a strategy to taint the jury?

Amber votes off Rob knowing they are going to end up together in the "Survivor Afterlife". In a final 2 vote, Rob has PO'd more people than Amber, so sending Rob to the LL may give him time to mend fences, possibly, and taint the jury with why Amber should win. He still gets the girl and the cash.

Now, this would only work is Amber makes some strong aliances that will take her to the final 2. It can show she is not riding coat-tails and has played the game with some strategy. She may even be revered for taking Rob down.

babalouie 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babalouie Click to send private message to babalouie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I think Amber could stab Rob in the back. Could she be working the girls? Jenna and Amber have been tight. She tells Jenna she'll give up Rob if Jenna will give up Rupert. That could be the source of "she's acting like a big baby"...referring to Jenna.

And someone said when Rupert leaves, he's a very angry mofo. Jenna turning on him would certainly cause that.

gallopingael 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gallopingael Click to send private message to gallopingael Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
>And someone said when Rupert leaves,
>he's a very angry mofo.
>Jenna turning on him would
>certainly cause that.

It was Kristin from E!.

Take it with the entire contents of the salt shaker.

Gallopin' Gael

macamrox 76 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail macamrox Click to send private message to macamrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Rob would never agree to this sacrifice. He is playing this game to win.

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
no, if they vote one or the other, that will literally be the DUMBESTS MOVE IN SURVIVOR HISTORY!

if they were in the final 2, guranteed $1,100,000

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-22-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
Just what I was thinking Speedy.

teffi 8 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teffi Click to send private message to teffi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-04 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

"Well, there is one obvious scenario where they would each have to vote for the other. If they are final 3 with Jenna and Jenna wins the last immunity challenge..."

Actually that's really not so obvious OKALOOSAJOHN... whoever wins the IC between the final three is the only one to vote and really gets to pick who to vote off.

Why? Since no one can vote for the winner, and the losers can't vote for themselves, their votes would cancel eachother out anyway.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I think that is what O was trying to say. And it's the direction that I am leaning toward now as well.
Jenna wins the IC and takes Rob with her.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-04, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I agree with the people who think Amber would do it more likely than Rob....We see Rob saying his only true alliance is to Amber, over and over and over again. Amber is playing the game hard, and to win respect, if Amber won Final 3 Immunity I am pretty sure she would boot Rob, and have his vote.

I think our Final 2 are Amber and Tom; and Amber/Tom are our hidden alliance...

teffi 8 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teffi Click to send private message to teffi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I agree I don't see a Romber backstab happening. As it is right now they need to go to the Final Two with eachother. When it comes to the jury, they have made promises with the same people and pissed off they same people... they are in the same boat there.

Also, all alliances have one goal-- the promise to take eachother to the Final Two. Can Rob or Amber be as sure of that promise with anyone else either?

From the beginning I was predicting either Kathy or Amber. Kathy because I like her and she's proven herself to be a true Survivor, as evident from her last stint in the game. Amber because even though people were going to come down on for using her looks and appeal to hang on Rob's coattails. But I think that is in fact, a real strategy... use what you got! After all--- IT'S A GAME! Whatever works, works!

Hypothetically (sp?), which is what this question is really all about anyway, I could definately see Amber voting off Rob before he could vote off her.

What was that question in the last episode? Who is most likely to use their sexuality to help them win? It's been 30 days... 30 days! What do you think Rob is thinking with?

As someone previously mentioned... it was Rob who fell apart when seperated from her (editing or not). Amber, woke up and adjusted, she can adjust again.

JonBGone 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-23-04, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JonBGone Click to send private message to JonBGone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I agree with others here who have said that it is unlikely to happen because each needs to take the other to the final two to face a hostile jury.

However, if anyone were to turn on the other it would be Amber. Rob fell apart without her. Amber was fine and even admits to using her sex appeal to get ahead.

rls73 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rls73 Click to send private message to rls73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
They will probably stay together to the final two. He will probably keep her thinking that if she wins, she'll share the money with him. And vice versa.

And if they do end up in the final two together, be prepared for the possible media blitz to follow. Magazine articles, cameo appearances on sitcoms, presenters on awards shows, etc.

The whole "Winning Survivor Couple" thing will really be thrown in our faces. So for anyone who dislikes the idea of them winning, it will be truly barf bag worthy.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 'It doesn't mean anything, honey': could Rob or Amber backstab the other?"
I also don't think Rob or Amber will backstab one another. What's more surprising to me is that Rob and Amber's relationship is pretty obvious to the other survivor members. They know from previous Survivors that the most dangerous thing on Survivor is a strong/solid alliance. And one must do everything to break up alliances. So I'm a little surprised that other survivor members didn't try to do anything to break up Rob and Amber.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •