The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kathy on the Early show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-16-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kathy on the Early show"
From FEVER:

Segment 1:

Harry Smith: Shii Ann was a wreck last night because she knows her neck is up next. Right?
Kathy: We were like sisters out there. They didn't really show that too much. Not enough time on the show. So we were losing each other. The last two Mogo Mogos.

Harry Smith: You guys were scrambling because it became clear. This is where the game starts to get intense. You're like an evangelist out there. Trying to tell them what?
Kathy: Many of the players that are left haven't gotten past 7 or 8. They don't realize those numbers go so fast. So if you don't work on it right now, you're not going to have the numbers. Survivor is about numbers and luck.

Harry Smith: Did you wait too long? Let me go back a couple of weeks. Seems to me that the die was cast. Didn't you have a chance to get Amber out of the game a couple weeks ago.
Kathy: Amber Amber Amber. Amber was the biggest mistake I made in Survivor: All Stars. Huge. That was my decision. We need to make that clear, it was not Lex.

Harry: You and Lex talked about it. You were the one who said "no I don't know Rob". You thought you could trust Rob.
Kathy: I thought I could trust Rob. Wait a minute Rob is a good friend of mine. Okay. Lex and I both.

Harry Smith: Still?
Kathy: Mmmmm... I don't think I need Rob in my world right now. The bottom line is also, we brought Amber not just because we trusted Rob but it gave us options. You always want options when you vote someone out. Bringing Jerri over, the only thing we could do was grab Tom. Bringing Amber over, it was the favor to the Godfather. Who could be also a friend acting on friendship. There were like 4 other good items that would keep us in the game.

Harry Smith: Here Rob is trying to control the entire game. You stick your neck out. If he loses a challenge he'll be adios. By knocking Amber out you put yourself in the position of game changer. Then maybe that's a place you don't want to be.
Kathy: No, you gotta understand, Survivor brings you right down to your core. You don't have anything out there. All you have is what's in here (points to heart) and up here (points to head). I'm a risk taker so is Lex. We would have been in the same slot. Hopefully we would have been one and two. Players that are standing still might not have figured that out. Those personalities don't sit up front, they ride.

Harry Smith: There's Rupert, Big Tom, you got some serious riders. Jenna is the rider of all time.
Kathy: *Laughs* They are riders. They haven't seen what it's like when you're down to four or five. It goes quick.

Harry Smith: The biggest regret is not offing Amber?
Kathy: Huge. Biggest regret. I should have offed Amber and brought Jerri. I apologize to Jerri wherever you are. I'm sorry. *Laughs* The other regret, in the beginning with Mogo Mogo, if you have a core group of 5 in an alliance just like Chapera did, even if you don't get along, if you've got zest and camaraderie. We went in with numbers, we didn't have tribal loyalty. That was huge.

Harry Smith: Shii Ann, is she doomed?
Kathy: She's gotta mix it up. I gotta give myself a little credit. I've been teaching Shii Ann a little about negotiating. They didn't show a lot of us mixing things up. Shii Ann and I were working it.

Segment Two:

Julie Chen: Here's what I want to know. When you got voted off and you joined your old buddy, Lex, what was the first conversation like?
Kathy: We just couldn't believe that Rob betrayed us. We couldn't shake it. When you have a friend out there.

Julie Chen: Are you guys sitting on the jury just plotting his demise if he makes it to the final 2 or what?
Kathy: Well of course. That's the only thing on our mind. It stung, it hurt. Forget the game part, he didn't even talk to us like we were friends.

Caller: Do you think Boston Rob with all of his physical strength can be beaten in any remaining challenges?
Kathy: Of course. Everybody is getting tired out there. He is a physical force but in the end, right now you're probably going to have some thinking challenges, some other cast members might just win.

Caller: I was wondering why you didn't give Lex the immunity necklace?
Kathy: You need to know that right before Tribal Council we made an agreement. He (Lex) looked at me with fire in his eyes. To not give the immunity necklace up. The editing didn't show that. I promised I wouldn't give it to him. He said he would be embarrassed and he wanted out, that he was tired of the game.

Julie Chen: What the editing did show was a shot of you when Rob decided to give up his chance at watching the video tape. Was that strategy?
Kathy: It's totally true. He even admitted it on the rock. At first he said it's a nice gesture then he said well maybe a little bit was strategy.

Julie Chen: You went back and started packing up at camp.
Kathy: Yeah.

Caller: Kathy you look beautiful. Did you really feel you had a strong alliance with Lex as he and Ethan at one time had. I felt Ethan got backstabbed. As well as Rob and Lex had an alliance.
Kathy: Lex and I had an alliance that we were going to go to the final 2 together. Totally different than Ethan and Lex. Ethan and Lex were just really good friends. I thought Lex was a great man to walk up to Ethan and explain his position. We were outnumbered, so Rob just tell us. He didn't even give us that courtesy. In the end that's what really stung.

Caller: Do the remaining players on the island see that Boston Rob is in control or is it just edited for the viewers to see that?
Kathy: No, absolutely these people feel that Rob is in control. At the same time, Rob has several deals worked out. They are all trying to figure out which is the real deal. I could see from afar that Rob was the power player over there. I tried unseat him.

Julie Chen: Why did you do it again?
Kathy: Because I love the game. The game is a blast.

Julie Chen: Not about the money?
Kathy: No it is not about the money. It is an over the top adventure. The money is the icing on the cake. You always come out of Survivor and you learn something about yourself.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kathy on the Early show blacknwhitedog 04-16-04 1
   RE: Kathy on the Early show true 04-16-04 2
       RE: Kathy on the Early show blacknwhitedog 04-16-04 3
           RE: Kathy on the Early show true 04-16-04 5
               RE: Kathy on the Early show blacknwhitedog 04-16-04 7
 RE: Kathy on the Early show nailbone 04-16-04 4
   RE: Kathy on the Early show Cin 04-16-04 6
       RE: Kathy on the Early show ginger 04-16-04 8
           RE: Kathy on the Early show Loree 04-16-04 11
               RE: Kathy on the Early show tinybubs 04-17-04 18
                   RE: Kathy on the Early show Loree 04-18-04 19
   RE: Kathy on the Early show idiotcowboy 04-16-04 9
       RE: Kathy on the Early show ginger 04-16-04 10
       RE: Kathy on the Early show true 04-16-04 14
           RE: Kathy on the Early show Loree 04-16-04 15
           RE: Kathy on the Early show idiotcowboy 04-16-04 16
 RE: Kathy on the Early show moogie 04-16-04 12
   RE: Kathy on the Early show bondt007 04-16-04 13
       RE: Kathy on the Early show RyrieRae 04-17-04 17
           RE: Kathy on the Early show Smooth23 04-18-04 20
               RE: Kathy on the Early show pmspml5 04-19-04 21
                   RE: Kathy on the Early show RyrieRae 04-19-04 22
                       RE: Kathy on the Early show emydi 04-19-04 23
   RE: Kathy on the Early show blacknwhitedog 04-19-04 24
       RE: Kathy on the Early show HobbsofMI 04-19-04 25
           RE: Kathy on the Early show Loree 04-19-04 26
 Burlington Free Press article "Bad ... udg 04-21-04 27
   RE: Burlington Free Press article "... Brownroach 04-21-04 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
OMH! I completely forgot to watch Kathy on the Early Show because I was watching Bill and The Donald on the Today show.

Here's the CBS link. Kathy looks SO GREAT!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/15/earlyshow/series/survivor/main612146.shtml

When asked if Rob could win she says-

”Everybody is getting tired out there. He is a physical force, no doubt about it. But I think in the end, right now you’re probably going to have some thinking challenges. Therefore, I think some other cast members might just win.”

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
When asked if Rob could win she says-

Just to clarify, BWD, this question was in relation to remaining challenges, not if he could "win".

Taken from the transcript above-

Caller: Do you think Boston Rob with all of his physical strength can be beaten in any remaining challenges?
Kathy: Of course. Everybody is getting tired out there. He is a physical force but in the end, right now you're probably going to have some thinking challenges, some other cast members might just win.

04-16-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-04 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

sorry, 'bout that- I took it from the website article- didn't see the call in part

quoting from this link http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/15/earlyshow/series/survivor/main612146.shtml

So does this mean that Rob will win the game?

Kathy says, ”Everybody is getting tired out there. He is a physical force, no doubt about it. But I think in the end, right now you’re probably going to have some thinking challenges. Therefore, I think some other cast members might just win.”

(ETA link to CBS)

04-16-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Very interesting, the web article gives the answer an entirely different meaning. Hmmm.

I did see that segment, and the question was definately in relation to challenges only.

Very misleading article.

04-16-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
CBS would mislead us? gasp!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
We were outnumbered, so Rob just tell us. He didn't even give us that courtesy.

*boggle* But we SAW Rob tell them, right????

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-16-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
I thought that is what we saw........

Cin

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
I saw it and thought it idiotic. Just as Lex telling Ethan and Jerri was idiotic. I honestly thought Rob attempted to address them as "friends", too, although there was not way his message was going to be happily received.

I like Kathy but she can't strategize for s____. I think if she gave Shi tips on negotiating and Shi adopts a Kathy strategy Shi is toast.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
I thought Kathy came off as arrogant. She thinks she is this great player that has to teach the others that are still in the game how to play. If her and Lex were such great players why are they on the outside looking in?

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-17-04, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Loree, I had the same feeling. Kathy is one of my favorite survivors but she didn't impress me during that interview with her arrogance.

The "Wrath of God" is usually the result of following the "Path of Stupidity"

04-18-04, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
>Loree, I had the same feeling.
> Kathy is one of
>my favorite survivors but she
>didn't impress me during that
>interview with her arrogance.
>

Yes, that was how I felt. I normally like Kathy. But I kept wishing she would just shut up. I think everyone telling her she was great and should have won her Survivor series has gone to her head. Now she thinks she is that great and should enlighten the other players with her knowledge. But her and Lex played a stupid game and she shouldn't be telling the others that have outlasted her how to win.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-16-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Ah come on the rules are different for her and Less, after all they are playa's and the rest of them aren't.

The only remotely "spoilerish" thing I got from this is her vote is likely to be for someone not named Rawb.

-ICB

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Doesn't sound like she's a big Ambuh enthusiast, either.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

04-16-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
The only remotely "spoilerish" thing I got from this is her vote is likely to be for someone not named Rawb.

Ya think?

Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction. The only thing that would explain to me why she and Lex are still so bitter, is if they felt they had to choose him to win. (kinda by default, since it's also clear they don't appreciate the UTR players either.) So, unless Rob goes up against Tom, I think he gets their vote. (if not, they are bigger babies then they appear to be now, and they look like pretty big babies.)

04-16-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
After watching the Early Show I think Kathy does vote for Rob if he is in the F2. She did say he is still her friend.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
> if not, they are bigger babies then they appear to be now,
> and they look like pretty big babies

That, was my point.

-ICB

moogie 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-16-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moogie Click to send private message to moogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
It seems to me that if Kathy and Lex had some time in loser lodge with Rob they would have made up. It sounds like he makes it to F2 just based on the fact that they are still so bitter towards him. I mean, if I were mad at him and then he got voted off shortly after I did then I'd be pretty willing to make up with him, we'd be 2 losers bonding. But if he lasted a long time I would be bitter and still hold a grudge. Or maybe it's all just an act.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-16-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"

...my thoughts as well - final 4 at a minimum... same as Ambuh -
BTW if Kathy was as good as she thinks she is/was, Ambuh would have been toast, as she says that was "her choice..." (to vote Jerri out).

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
She made a comment about how most of the people playing were voted out 7 or 8 and they don't know what it's like with only a few players.

Then she said, in reference to Jenna, Tom, and Rupe, that they don't know what it's like in the final 4 or 5.

My interpretation: These 3 named people are in the final 5. Why else would Kathy critisize how they would play in this setting.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Very nice observation, but at this point I think Kathy just needs to shut up and get a clew, she's not an all powerful mighty survivor playa.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Didnt Tom finish 3rd?

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Tom finished 4th and Lex finished 3rd, right?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Yes, on the show it was Tom 4 and Lex 3 But they both got 2nd place prize money because of the Fallen Comrades Snafu body piercing question.

emydi

04-19-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Same thing with Lex during his Early Show appearance- he said he was not still friends with Rob. Sounds like they did not make up at loser's lodge. So was Rob not at loser's lodge?

But it took a 9-year-old viewer from Connecticut to ask the most important question of all: "Are you and Boston Rob still going to be friends?"

Lex's response: "I wish I could say we were still friends... The short answer to that is no. We are probably not going to be good friends.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-04, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
Kathy was interviewed by Drew and Mike this morning and a few things stood out.

1. Boston Rob chips a tooth and she said he was wearing out fast.
2. Amber does not know how to negotiate and is riding Rob all the way. When she came over to them ShiAnn came up to her and said Amber promised to take her to the final two if she kept her instead of Jerri. She told ShiAnn that Amber did not know s*it and not to believe anything because Rob was the brain.
3. Her greatest mistake was not taking numbers into the merge. She concentrated to much on a strong alliance of 3 and not on 5. If they had 5 there would have been more team unity and drive to win the challenges. Since people knew they were on the outside they did not push as hard as they could.
4. ShiAnn was learning as much as she could from Lex and her (this was her strong 3 alliance) but now she thinks ShiAnn is doomed without them.
5. She and Lex are not friends with Boston Rob anymore and ripped him good but also other so not taking control. Said that most have not made it past the final 7 and she tried to school them on how fast things will happen now but no one was listening. She said they need to go for the jugular now not later because it’s to late.
6. Big Tom is UTR big time and she gave him a ton of credit for doing it as a man.
7. Everyone is sick of Rob and Amber and all there cuddling and wooing each other.
8. When pushed about not voting for Rob she final laughed and said is it that obvious.

I know some of this is a repeat but there are little bit more info then the Early Show. Hope it helps.

04-19-04, 08:27 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Kathy on the Early show"
I'm getting really sick of hearing Kathy talk about how she was trying to school them in how to play and tell everyone what to do. She was playing stupid and she should just admit it and quit talking about how much more she knew than the others about the game.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Burlington Free Press article "Bad days at the beach""
Don't think this one deserves its own thread, but it is a bit interesting (if extremely biassed). There's a blurb about the finale and a tiny bit about Shii Ann & about Rob at the bottom.

Bad days at the beach
Sting of betrayal (and bug bites) still fresh for Survivor castoff O'Brien
By Erica Jacobson
April 18, 2004

...She is not, though, looking forward to the show's finale on May 9 at New York City's Madison Square Garden. Sure, it will be fun, she said, but there will also be tension. Wounds inflicted between players during the taping are still raw, friendships still fractured with little hope for repair.

"No one's going to hold back now because they're hurting so bad," O'Brien said. "They aren't going to be sweet and rosy."

Participating in "All-Stars" has left O'Brien with a deep, crushing feeling. Even the show's psychiatrist told O'Brien she felt it was a mistake to put people who knew each other together. O'Brien tried to overcome that disadvantage...

Quote file
Here's what Kathy O'Brien had to say about her experience on "Survivor: All-Stars":

...Shii Ann Huang: "She doesn't know how to play the game, and I felt bad for her. She's great at the theory of the game, but she can't put herself in it."

Rob Mariano: "Mariano isn't funny. He thinks he's funny. He's obnoxious. ... Deep down he's got a heart."...

...Mogo Mogo: "I think what they wanted to see was Richard Hatch, the big gay guy, next to the stud, Colby. They also wanted the stud, Colby, with the hottie, Jenna (Morasca), in the bathing suit -- good camera shots. That never happened because they didn't get along at all."

Storms: "These lightning strikes were happening like, no lie, 200 yards away to the point where it rocked the hut and went right through our chests. ... "I was like, Jesus, Lex (van den Berghe), we're in a treehouse, this doesn't make sense to me.'"

Cooking: "It was sort of the like the Shii Ann/Kathy kitchen. ... I used to fish with my family so I knew how to gut a fish. ... The eels were bad; they tasted bad. The morays were disgusting. The trigger fish were good. Really leathery skin on all those fish. You could just slap 'em right on the fire."

Television Show or Adventure?: "There was this one day where we spoke to all sorts of press, which was totally new. ... So before the game began, we definitely felt it was a TV show. Before, there was more of an adventure, but they knew they couldn't fool us again with an adventure so they really milked the TV show part of it."

---
UDG

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Burlington Free Press article "Bad days at the beach""
Well she definitely pegged Shii Ann with this:

"...She's great at the theory of the game, but she can't put herself in it."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •