The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-04, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

Well, managerr has gotten it right. Ugh. For those of you who would like some highlights (don't read yet if you don't want to know before you see it):

1. George - he was DA Bomb. Can't believe they didn't have him in the top 32 to begin with. Yes, his voice was very shaky in the beginning (sounded a little hoarse maybe) and I thought to myself - oh no, not another boring ballad. BUt then he ramped it up, showed his power and excitement.
2. Jasmine - got another cute, good singer, Hawaiian girl. But really, not great. sorry.

John Rat Pack - bad song choice (always a woman to me) & super boring. Didn't show you off at all. Please sing Zoot Suit Riot next time, kay?
John Beach Boy - just bad. next.
Heather - "New attitude"? you don't have to be so literal.
susan - ok, not good enough. (ETA: I couldn't remember her. And then Gooey just mentioned below that Simon said that she was unmemorable - whoa! uncanny.)
Lisa - 1. I wanna know what kind of tape held up that strapless halter you had on. wow. 2. btw, it was sleazy-looking. 3. Terrible song choice. 4. Is your voice really that gravelly or are you just being a poser (come to my window)? 5. Don't quit your day job.
Tiara- Simon was 100% correct - we found it Painful to hear, it was all over the place, you can't do the "scat" stuff, high notes were squeaky/sharp. Why do people keep choosing "I wanna dance with somebody"? Maybe "like a virgin" would be better for you, you got the squeak.

My dream 12 list:
LaToya
Amy
George
Scooter Girl
Army Girl
Willy Hung
Fantasia
Diana
Lisa (redhead)
Matt
Camille
Jennifer Hudson

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? I_AM_HE 03-02-04 1
 Another Group 2 Show... Goooey_Alley 03-02-04 2
   RE: Another Group 2 Show... EnglProf 03-02-04 3
       RE: Another Group 2 Show... Chrissy gal 03-03-04 9
           RE: Another Group 2 Show... I_AM_HE 03-03-04 10
           Also agree Breezy 03-03-04 14
               another comment about age EMT135 03-03-04 22
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? coolflowerpowerman 03-02-04 4
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? Mistral 03-03-04 5
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? lyrker 03-03-04 6
 What I noticed so far... Goooey_Alley 03-03-04 7
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? Tiger Lily 03-03-04 8
 Jasmine Ricky 03-03-04 11
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? smiley 03-03-04 12
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? Bebo 03-03-04 13
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? buckeyegirl 03-03-04 15
 Jasmine & George moonbaby 03-03-04 16
   RE: Jasmine & George hunniebunns 03-03-04 20
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? weltek 03-03-04 17
   RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? munson 03-03-04 26
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? nailbone 03-03-04 18
 Jasmine and George DoodleBug 03-03-04 19
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? managerr 03-03-04 21
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? TeamJoisey 03-03-04 23
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? tk72 03-03-04 24
 RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for? johnthemod 03-03-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-04, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

I think this group is going to have the most differences of opinion on this board…

1. Suzy – the first, and the best of the group

2. George – completely agree with everything Randy said – sketchy start, but nice finish. And definitely the best male in the competition. I’m a bit worried that his voice may ALREADY be giving out though, ala Ruben toward the end of AI2…

<edit> to add that like the last couple weeks, there's a sizeable gap between 2 and 3 </edit>

3. John P. – not sure what the judges were hearing, but it sounded okay to me (may be because I don’t know the song) but not great

4. Tiara – also good but not great…nice performance and personality may cover from an only decent vocal performance.

5. Jasmine – the judges got all over John P. for being off key and not on Jasmine? Nice voice, but the middle of the song was AWFUL!!!

6. John S. – basically agree with Simon. Nice voice, but he’s a throw-back singer, not really suited for this competition. And this performance was really, really weak.

7. Lisa – as opposed to John S., she was way too strong. When she wasn’t shouting though, I really liked her voice though. I could see her and Jon Peter from last week making a good duet if they fixed their individual problems

8. Heather – eww eww, eww eww, eww!

- RMMNW!!!

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-02-04, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Another Group 2 Show..."
Seems like the new American Idol might be from Group 1 & 3 or maybe from Wildcard unless the contestants moving forward from Group 2 & 4 will showcase their talents more freely and better.

MY CHOICE:
1st - Jasmine Trias (off key in some notes covered by audience clapping)
2nd - George Huff (shaky at first but good at end)
3rd - Susan Vulaca (nice but like Simon said, "forgettable")

The rests.... nevermind, especially Lisa.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-02-04, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Another Group 2 Show..."
I don't know why I liked John (the Frank Sinatra crooner) and nobody else did, but I thought his tone was fabulous. He does have a uniqueness to his voice, and yes, maybe he was underwhelming in places, but I'd take 100 of hims over 1 million Kim Caldwell clones, or even the last woman who sang-- IMO they were boring because they sound like everyone else.

I'm all for watching John improve-- because I think he has lots more potential than some of the others who seem more "polished". I even think he CAN do pop stuff-- at least the type of pretty pop stuff that Clay did. I called for an hour tonight. Bad news for me-- the line was rarely busy.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-03-04, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Another Group 2 Show..."
don't know why I liked John (the Frank Sinatra crooner) and nobody else did, but I thought his tone was fabulous.

I also liked John's voice. I think he has more "potential" than most of the other performers who have been given that label. Maybe 16 is too young for this competition. Maybe they should raise the minimum age to 18, because I think John will be WAY better in a couple of years.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Another Group 2 Show..."
agree Chrissy...they should stop overhyping the young kids like John and Jasmine, and even Camille, and let them come back next year - maybe even give them automatic berths in the final 32. but don't force them into the final 12 when they clearly aren't ready

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Also agree"
I liked John's voice. I would love to see him adjust and grow, but he may need another year or so to do so. 16 is very young.

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-03-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMT135 Click to send private message to EMT135 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "another comment about age"
Agree with all of you regarding the issue of age. There are few 16 y/os who are mature enough to handle the rigors of this type of competition, let alone the pressures they would encounter if they were to win it.
Does anyone know the reasons behind the age restrictions? I believe it would be a whole different competition if it were for 18-30 year-olds.
EMT

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
Susan Vulaca was, in my opinion, clearly the best in the group. Unmemorable? Maybe, but so was EVERYONE else in that group. And at least she could sing!

For second place, I think it is a tie between Hawaiian girl and the last girl who sang. Both were O.K.

The guys all did terribly. I really wish George would have stopped smiling for just a second, but as far as singers go, he was pretty good.

Although the guys were bad, the worst by far was LISA with her screechy "Come to My Window".

Worst song choice: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" (the last girl)... OK, last week the girl who sang that butchered it... and you didn't do a whole lot better!

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
Yeah, wow, another lackluster group.

Suzy - definitely the best this evening. She was actually the only one that didn't make me cringe. Will she move on? Hard to say, but I'd pick her.

John P. - nope

Heather - what was she thinking? Wrong, just wrong.

John S. - I really wanted to like him. But after his valium-laced rendition of a beautiful song....his voice has potential, but he's singing the wrong stuff. I liked him doing the Dean/Frank thing, but that's just not going to cut it.

Jasmine - probably my second choice, but a weak second. I don't know what all the hoopla was about her. I thought she was only a little better than mediocre, but I bet she moves on anyway.

George - another one I really, really wanted to like. I thought it was pretty disappointing....started weak and never really recovered. And he does sound like his voice will give out if he makes it further. Just not strong enough.

Lisa - all she did was shout. Nope.

Tiara - another one I thought was overrated. Compared to a couple of the folks who've moved on already, I don't think she has a chance. But I have a sneaking suspicion she'll move on.

My choices - Suzy and very distantly, Jasmine.

Who will move on - Jasmine and either Tiara or George.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-04, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
John Rat Pack - bad song choice (always a woman to me) & super boring. Didn't show you off at all. Please sing Zoot Suit Riot next time, kay?

Testify! Damn. I sure was disappointed. He so could have rocked things if he'd just amped it up. But he -is- only 16 so let's see what he's doing in 15 years...

Suzy was my fave by far. And sadly the most I remember about the rest of the show is what I didn't like. Nothing will be as bad as Group 2 was though. That was the Worst Group Ever.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "What I noticed so far..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 01:11 AM (EST)

from other boards, the top 2 will be up for grabs between four (or five) contenders...

* Susan Vulaca - great voice but didn't showcase her talent with the song and underrated by Simon, less exposure than the guys but had a good singing background.

* George Huff - quoted as best male voice in the competition and also had a strong fanbase, exposed in pre-Semi's.

* Jasmine Trias - the Hawaiian girl rated by judges well but had chosen a song limited with her voice range, less exposure than the guys but had a good singing background.

* John Stevens - I don't know but I had a feeling that he had a strong fanbase, great voice, but I don't really understand if it's his voice or just an impersonation or immitation just to get the young gals' votes, way too exposed in pre-Semi's.

(* Tiara Purifoy - made a big mess that only Simon noticed and was overrated by Paula and Randy... maybe the lemmings might follow, less exposure than the guys but had a good singing background.)

Now, it's up to America... vote wisely!

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-03-04, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
1. Susan: I thought she did really great. She might be a little less memorable than some others, but IMO, she gave the best performance tonight, which is reason enough to move her on and give her a chance.

2. George: Started off on the wrong foot, but I think in the end he pulled it off well. Coupled with the fact that I just loved him in the earlier rounds, I hope he moves on to the final 12.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Jasmine: She had a pretty voice, but she had major pitch problems through basically the entire song. The thing that bothered me the most about this was that the judges barely even called her on it. Randy stuck it in there as an afterthought while Paula was speaking. Obviously the judges favorite, despite her mediocre performance.

4. John Rat Pack: Getting tired of the whole Dean Martin routine. Nice voice, not pop star material.

5. Tiara: I agreed with Simon; her performance was a mess. Still better than the other three, though.

6. Heather: Couldn't stand her; not her voice, not her personality.

7. Bleach boy John: Quite honestly I can't remember a thing about his performance, other than it sucked.

8. Lisa: She absolutely butchered that song. I can't believe she made it this far as it is, after how she behaved in Hollywood. Go enter "America's Top Model" or "Are you Hot?" if you're just going to coast through everything in life relying on your looks.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-03-04, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Jasmine"
Jasmine was the only one who impressed me last night. She has a great look and a great voice. Everyone else was forgettable. I really don't care who the second person chosen is, as long as Jasmine makes it in.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-03-04, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
I don't know if it's because I am sick or not but I hated them all last night. Suzie and the Hawaiian girl just barely made my OK list.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
Zzzzzzzzzz.

My top 3 would be George, Suzy, and Jasmine. That's not saying much. I think George is going to make it through because the audience finally has a half-decent male performer to vote for. I was expecting more from all of them.

As for John Stevens, liked his voice, but thought he was boring, boring, boring as a performer. I'm a huge Harry Connick fan, so I can appreciate the Rat Pack musical style. But while I enjoyed listening to John sing, he almost put me to sleep.

The others? Oops. Big oops. No reason for me to cheer for any of them.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
Wow, this group was almost as bad as week #2's group.

1. George- Best vocals of the night, but that's not really saying a whole lot.
2. Jasmine - Darn it all. I went out for a smoke break and missed her....
3.John "Frank Sinatra"- I actually liked him, but as Simon said "needs to work on his performance."
4.John Beach Boy - Trying to remember him..oh, yes, the cute one. He was ok. I didn't think he did that bad, but he didn't do that great either.
5. Heather - OMH, what a train wreck. Isn't she the one where Paula and Simon walked out of her audition? Now we know why.
6. Lisa - ewwwwww. Painful.Just.painful. How did she make it this far?
7. Tiara- I don't understand why the judges liked her so much. She was slightly better then Lisa, but didn't impress me at all.
8. Suzy- I hate it when Simon's right...she has a great voice, but I almost forgot all about her. Loved her outfit.

I was going to vote for George and Suzy, but wrote down the wrong 800 number. (you think I'd have it memorized by now...)

Celebrity Mole Yucatan AE Co-Champ. RMMW!

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Jasmine & George"
Simon was ridiculously snarky with Ryan last night again. What's up with that?

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jasmine & George"
"Simon was ridiculously snarky with Ryan last night again. What's up with that?"

Now see, my take on that was that Ryan was acting really "snarky" with Simon. Simon was right last night on alot of points. Most of the people really sucked last night. I wish when Simon asked Ryan if he thought they were good, Ryan had admitted that, yes, some had problems, instead he said that they were all good.

I do understand what you're talking about, tho. It seems lately, there is a lot of animosity between those two...maybe it's for show...

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
1. Jasmine: Pop star quality with great potential
2. Susie: Good voice, but yes, a little forgettable. She has enough potential to change that, though.

Big Gap, IMHO between those two and the rest

3. George: Powerful, unique, but shaky. He needs more confidence & training
4. Tiara: She has good spark & a good voice, she just tries too hard.

Horrible:
5. Heather
6. Lisa
7. John S.

And I missed John P.'s performance, so can't put him on my list.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-03-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
What weltek said except I didn't miss John P and, to tell you the truth, you didn't either.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
I think Suzy, Jasmine and George are the Top 3.

The inconsistency of Paula telling Rat Pack John in the preliminaries to do some more "pop" stuff, and then when he did that last night, to stick with the Rat Pack stuff, drives me (and I'm sure the contestants) nuts!

Heather - I can understand what Simon was saying...not that SHE was ugly, but that he didn't like the facial expressions she made when she sang.

Lisa - yeah, she was shouting. So does Melissa Etheridge when she sings that song.

Tiara - didn't like her. Like Amy in week 2(?), there's just something about her that bugs me. But unlike Amy, Taira's performance isn't enough to overcome it.

Bleach Boy John - eh.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Jasmine and George"
With Suzy and Tiara rounding out the top.

It's a toss up who will make the top 3 of the girls. I think George will make it through because (as others have stated) he's a guy that can actually sing and he has a strong fan base.

Having only seen the last two performers and the little clips at the end... I can see I didn't miss much.

Very interested to see who will be called back for the wild card show.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-03-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
1. Jasmine - She has a nice voice, although she lost control of the song in the middle. One of the few times where the judges have told the audience a contestant has "potential" --and I can actually see the potential! I think she could be a good one.

2. Lisa - No, I am not deaf! She was awful! Gave me the biggest laugh of the night. I spent an hour voting for her--just imagine her in the Top 12 doing awful every week, pissing of Simon and the rest of America!

3. Suzy - She reminded me of Lisa Leuschner. Good vocally, but missing a "spark". She didn't seem overly excited or filled with energy during her song.

4. John Stevens - Nice voice, nailed the song, but kinda boring. I saw a strong audience reaction to it though. My gut tells me he advances.

5. George - He does have "spark" unlike Suzy though. I can't rate him higher because the first half of that song was horrible, but he really saved it in the end.

6. Tiara - Opposite of George. Paula, there is no way that was the #2 performance of the competition. The end of that song was really a mess. I do see the nice voice though.

7. Heather - I actually thought that version of the song was better than Tamyra's. She did wisely change the tone and speed of it to make it easier to sing. However, it was still pretty bad.

8. George - Just think, he goes to BYU with Carmen. How would you like to be a student at BYU and go to a George/Carmen concert?

Lastly a conspiracy theory, one I was skeptical of, but am now starting to believe: The Producers and Judges know exactly who they wanted as the American Idol even before tryouts: A young, cute (or exotic) girl from Hawaii. The surprise tryouts in Hawaii, Camille and Jasmine both being in extremely weak groups and both receiving huge pimping from the judges. While I do think Camille and Jasmine are both very good and I did vote for them--ultimately, I think viewers are going to rebel if they keep up with the overhype of these two.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-03-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
1. Don't care.
2. Don't care.

3. The Hawaiian kid.
4. George.

5. The crooner kid, who is the only one I ever want to hear sing again, but he has absolutely no chance of winning.

6. Everybody else, except Lisa.

666. Lisa.

These contestants almost made Forever Eden a pleasant experience.

tk72 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tk72 Click to send private message to tk72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"

George- Liked his voice. Started slow but kept the momentum going. finished strong.

Jasmine-I think she looked cute last night but banking on potential. If you make it through, better show your made of.

Susan- I thought her voice was good. Simon says she's forgettable. But the first and last to performancessticks in my head. the middle performances gets kinda fuzzy for me. If she wants to stay in this competition she better spice it up a little. so we don't forget her voice.

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Group 4 - Who would U vote for?"
I think it really helps to watch them back and listen with your eyes closed. It changed my opinion about a few of them.

1. Jasmine - by far the best of the group. I agree with the Hawaiian conspiracy theory though, because her and Camille definitely had everything set up for them to win.

2. Suzy - when I saw her I thought the exact same as Simon, good but forgettable. Watching again helped. She's definitely got a voice and I think the outfit hurt her performance more than anything else.

3. Lisa - yep that's right. Have you all heard Come to My Window? It's kind of a screaming song, and I thought she actually sang it well. The problem was that it didn't match her image, which is why it sounded a lot better with my eyes closed.

4. Jon S. - Just because I think, like Simon, that he's somehow unique. However, he's just not ready for this competition, he doesn't seem mature enough yet, and not diverse enough (at least in the way you have to be to win American Idol, which is very different from the music world in general) I love his voice, but boring song.

5. Heather - I think the lights and backdrop were more harmful to her than anything else. She actually sounded good but the red lighting made her look trashy, and it was a HORRIBLE song choice. Also, bad decision on the hair.

6. John P. - he sounded awful, but he's awfully cute

7. Tiara - like Simon said, a mess. I just don't like her.

8. George - sorry, but no more Rickys for me, and his voice had the hoarse quality that Ruben's got towards the end of last season, which just makes it sound like he's losing his voice. He wasn't the worst singer in the group, but he did manage to horribly clash his outfit, which alone is enough to get ranked last, but he's also too ugly to be a pop star.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •