The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Video Camera/Camcorder"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Video Camera/Camcorder"
we have been considering the purchase of a video recording device for awhile and it looks like the time has come. i have done some research and it looks like there are a few good models out there between $200-$300.
does anyone have any advice/comments/suggestions/etc...?
(wishes she could have captured teh kids on video this past weekend. would have easily won prize money.)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Video Camera/Camcorder Q 03-19-03 1
   RE: Video Camera/Camcorder sorgee 03-19-03 2
       RE: Video Camera/Camcorder Drive My Car 03-19-03 3
       RE: Video Camera/Camcorder anotherkim 03-19-03 5
           RE: Video Camera/Camcorder Drive My Car 03-19-03 6
 RE: Video Camera/Camcorder SurvivorOverlord 03-19-03 4
   RE: Video Camera/Camcorder Silvergirl1 03-19-03 7
       RE: Video Camera/Camcorder SurvivorOverlord 03-19-03 10
 RE: Video Camera/Camcorder Tinkerbell 03-19-03 8
   RE: Video Camera/Camcorder SurvivorOverlord 03-19-03 9
 Sig pic size AyaK 03-19-03 11
   RE: Sig pic size desert_rhino 03-19-03 12
       THANK YOU!!!!!! sorgee 03-19-03 13
           RE: THANK YOU!!!!!! Bucky Katt 03-19-03 14
               RE: THANK YOU!!!!!! desert_rhino 03-19-03 16
                   RE: THANK YOU!!!!!! Bucky Katt 03-19-03 18
               RE: THANK YOU!!!!!! sorgee 03-19-03 17
           RE: THANK YOU!!!!!! desert_rhino 03-19-03 15
       RE: Sig pic size SurvivorOverlord 03-19-03 19
           RE: Sig pic size sorgee 03-19-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
Hmmmm,

I really can't offer you any advice, as I have not been investigating camcorders for several years, but getting one to film the kids growing up is a great idea. And you can use the footage as blackmail later in life against them, LOL. However, being the DAW I am, I felt like posting in this thread anyway.

So Hello Sorgee, How you doing? Hope all is well with you.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

03-19-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
potential $$$$ winners i missed capturing this weekend:
-my 15lb puppy "humping" a great danes head.
-my children skiing for the first time.
-my son puking on a skier below from up on the ski lift.(we discovered that he has a fear of heights...)
-my daughter's ski pants falling to her knees because she didn't fasten then securely after she went potty.
-my choc lab and the eskie puppy barking in "stranger alert mode" at the snowman that they watched the kids build.
-my graceful fall UP the stairs.
-mr. sorgee getting peed on by the puppy because the puppy got scared by a bird hitting a window beside him.
and all of that happened with in about a 4 hour time span.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
Now THAT is what I call a fun weekend!

Thanks for the *giggle*

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
OMG! I can't believe no one got the puking on the skier on film...that would have been a money maker.

Sadly, this sounds a lot like my life though.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--couldn't snow ski if her life depended on it!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
( keeping with last weekends theme)

*Sits in the lodge with her feet up next to Kim by the fireplace, hands Kim a Hot Toddy*

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
That does sound like an awfully fun weekend Sorgee!

I have a Sony 8mm Camcorder and it works great....but I've been thinking about upgrading to the new DVR's.....digital video recorders.

They not only work as video camera's but as a still image digital camera as well. The storage media varies from model to model but most are about the size of a postage stamp but still hold about 12 hours of high quality video and several dozen digital "snapshots". When you get home you put the "smart card" into a USB dock on your home computer and it downloads it into memeory.....all of them come with software so that you can edit and add tons of special effects to your videos......if it is something you want to save to VHS then you just plug the camera inot your VCR and dub it! Heck my Sony big screen TV even has a port on it where I can plug the "smart Cards" directly into it and play it on the TV. It's all totally digital so the quality is tons better than VHS.

No more lugging around video tapes on trips and stuff...these new cameras are small and very light!

Canon, Sony and Panosonic all have models starting between 300-400 dollars.

Just my 2 cents.....good luck and have fun!

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCER OF THE WINKY-BONER AND HAMSTER HO SHOW

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-03 AT 12:00 PM (EST)

Yeah, what he said! Go digital!

We have an older Panasonic that originally cost us $600 back in 1996. It is great, except we wish we had the stabilization that you need to make sure your zoomed image does not waver all over the place. I think all cameras sold today have that, however.

Anyway, it has been a good camera, but I hope we can upgrade to digital someday.

Good luck and I think it would be worth it to get yourself a really good camera, sorgee, since you have such an interesting family. AFV is looking for you!

A Silverchild original, 2002

03-19-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
A friend of mine has already bought a digital camcorder that he paid around $450 for......mine we bought 3 years ago for $699

His had a 450X digital Zoom that is incredible...has automatic picture stablization on it...*waves at Silvergirl*..the picture is perfectly still even if you walk with the camera!!

mine has a 100x digital zoom and if you record something with it and watch it later, you get seasick from all the camera motion.

With the new technology go digital!

--expects you to say "hi" to him when you win the big money on AFV!

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-19-03, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
We have a Sony Handycam (I think that's the name - I'll check when I get home tonight) that we got as a wedding gift. We've never used it (what do we really have to video anyway? Except for naughty things) - but my sister says it's good. I would've preferred one of the new digital ones...but this one meets our needs for now.

03-19-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Video Camera/Camcorder"
(what do we really have to video anyway? Except for naughty things)

I do this in the honor of Winky-Boner who is MIA for the week

heck Tink, you don't even have to video those.....I would be happy to do it for you

--somebody had to do it since he wasn't here!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Sig pic size"
sorgee, I know a lot of people like your sig pic. However, it's too big per our guidelines. It has to be limited to a height of 60 pixels, and it's currently 132 pixels high.

Please reduce the size. Thanks.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sig pic size"

03-19-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
13. "THANK YOU!!!!!!"
gosh, i don't care what anyone says. you're awesome.

now, any idea how i can turn this pic the right way? my editor isn't letting me do that either?

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: THANK YOU!!!!!!"
This is 60x60, I had to cut her off at the knees

"Psssh. France. Any country whose national identity is a dog with a hairstyle doesn't impress Bucky Katt."

03-19-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: THANK YOU!!!!!!"
Hey!

-- JV

That darn Katt.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: THANK YOU!!!!!!"
That's what you get for threatening Fungo on me!

"Psssh. France. Any country whose national identity is a dog with a hairstyle doesn't impress Bucky Katt."

03-19-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: THANK YOU!!!!!!"
woo-hoo. i'm back!!!!!!!!

thank you all!!!!
(i'm not sure if it's the extra dose of paxil i took this morning or all of the help i've gotten with my sig pic, but i sure am feelin' the love around here.)

03-19-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: THANK YOU!!!!!!"
Well, if you turn it the "right" way, it'll be too tall.

shrinking it any further in that direction looked like it would make it look funky-small.

so I improvised. {grin}

-- JV

Here, try this one:

03-19-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Sig pic size"
I kinda like her laying down JV

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCER OF THE WINKY-BONER AND HAMSTER HO SHOW

03-19-03, 02:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Sig pic size"
hey, it's all about the fans! and what ever makes the fans happy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •