The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-03, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
When I was a kid my mom used to get these great toaster pastries called Berry Bears. They were the absolute best breakfast food in the world and I'm sure they've been discontinued or the company no longer exists. I've even scoured the internet hoping beyond hope that someone out there still has a contact for the company and I can get my hands on a box.

I've gotten nostalgic for foods from my childhood and am considering buying some Tang.

--loved those Space Sticks too

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... Wheezy 03-18-03 1
   RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... mistofleas 03-19-03 4
   RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... snoocharoo 03-19-03 5
       RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... mistofleas 03-19-03 8
           RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... snoocharoo 03-19-03 10
               RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... Drive My Car 03-19-03 12
 RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... desert_rhino 03-18-03 2
   RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... Drive My Car 03-19-03 6
   RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... mistofleas 03-19-03 9
       Sugar Mountain Rosewood 03-19-03 20
           RE: Sugar Mountain mistofleas 03-19-03 21
               RE: Sugar Mountain weltek 03-19-03 23
               RE: Sugar Mountain wendyp 03-19-03 24
 RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... Kokoro 03-18-03 3
 RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... Q 03-19-03 7
 RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... SurvivorOverlord 03-19-03 11
   RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... Drive My Car 03-19-03 13
       RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... mistofleas 03-19-03 14
   RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... wendyp 03-19-03 16
 RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... wendyp 03-19-03 15
 RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... SurvivorOverlord 03-19-03 17
   RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... mistofleas 03-19-03 18
       RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... SurvivorOverlord 03-19-03 19
 RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bear... Superman 03-19-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
Hi there Mistofweas, um I do not have any Berry Bears but I do have a box of Today Sponges, a case of Tab, and some politically incorrect candy ciggarettes in my hall closet that I am willing to share.

wheeeze

anybody have any Korny Snaps?

03-19-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
Today Sponges? Do they taste anything like Twinkies?

Tab? Sorry honey, you can keep that stuff. Sacchrin gives me such a headache.

And as for those politically incorrect candy ciggies...pass 'em girl! I'll chew on them at work instead of taking a cigarette break every hour and a half.

--doesn't have any Korny Snaps but will trade her licorice pennies for a couple of Zots

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
"Today Sponges"

I guess since your an old married lady "sponge-worthiness" is no longer a concern.

War is harmful to children and other living things.

03-19-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I guess since your an old married lady "sponge-worthiness" is no longer a concern.

Thankfully no, I need not worry about worthiness. They were never my "contraception" choice anyway because they made me itch and burn. (or maybe it was the syphilis...who knows )

--thanks Mr.Fleas once again for getting snipped

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
Ugh...plus there is that whole messy afair of removing it. No thanks, I'll keep relying on mother nature and excellent self-control as my contraceptive of choice.

Make love, not war!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
Or just saving the baby stuff works. For years I held on to the Crib, carseat and stroller. I just knew as soon as I gave away the stroller that I'd get pregnant. That was the only BC we used for 10 years and it worked. ( cept my medical condition probably was responsible for the lack of another baby, but hey, I like to believe it was the stroller keeping conception at bay)

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
--loved those Space Sticks too

OMH, me, too!

And the OLD-style Mars Bars, with the nuts on the top, and the separate caramel layer.

-- JV

03-19-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"

Space Food sticks ROCKED! Way before Reeses we used to twist the chocolate and the peanut butter together. I loved those things, whenever I think of them I picture the high cabinet Mom used to put them in to keep us from eating the whole box at once. We had to climb to get to them, making them all the better.

03-19-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I loved the original Mars bars! Oh and a candy bar called Milk Shake. It tasted just like those malted chocolate ice cream cups that you would eat with the wooden spoon. I spent every day of my summer from age 5 to age 13 at the swimming pool and I always brought 50 cents so I could get a Milk Shake bar and a pop.

Ahhh...those were the days.

--remembers trailing her fingers in the water and the feel of the warm sun on her back as she lay on the bumpy concrete pool edge during mandatory swim breaks

Rosewood 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-19-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rosewood Click to send private message to Rosewood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Sugar Mountain"
Hey Misto-

I don't know if you have Sugar Mountains in the States, but their business is essentially to sell nostalgic candies- all the kinds of stuff we might have bought with our allowance money when we were kids, things like wax lips, licorice rope, cigarette candies, bottle caps. I'm not sure about pastries or pop-tarty things though.

I don't think we had berry bears in Canada.

And Swim Breaks? That's just cruel!

---Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"

03-19-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Sugar Mountain"
I've heard of Sugar Mountain. I'll have to check and see if they have access to "tarty" stuff. Thanks for the tip!

As for the swim breaks...they made us get completely out of the pool for 15 minutes every 2 hours. It was soooo wrong. I was the first on at the pool when it opened at 8:00am and the last to leave when they closed at 9:00pm. My mother had to drag me home to eat dinner and supper. I would have slept at the pool if they would have let me!

--thinks that would have been the perfect water bed

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sugar Mountain"
Darn those lifeguards for needing a break! I remember it all too well. We had not only a gas station (mmm, Charleston Chew's) with snacks right next to the pool, but also had an ice cream stand nearby. MMM, cherry dipped ice cream cones. Then I remember going back & scalding my feet on the hot cement.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-03, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sugar Mountain"
Spent most of the time in the summer in the pool too!

Our pool in the subdivision has stoopid audlt swim the last 15 minutes of every hour. They say it is to give the lifeguards a break. Come on 15 minutes every hour! Drives me crazy. And they do not open until 11 and close at 8. My kids are so deprived of the all day swim fest.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-18-03, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I remember a cartoon or something like that....could it be the same thing? I remember there was like a mother with a blue dress/apron and a big pink guy wearing blue royalty-like (and striped) clothes. I also remember them loving berries or something to that extent. Who knows? ^-^;;

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I never heard of them Misto. But I did like the candy cigs, the ones with the powder that you could blow out and then had the gum inside. I also liked the ones that were like lucky strikes, that were all the consistancy of the lick-a-stick from fun dips.

My weird ritual growing up was to pick the entire frosting layer off a pop-tart and eat it before eating the actual pop-tart. It took forever to do it right, ie, not breaking into the filling layer, LOL.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-19-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I loved the old style Mars Bars and I do remember Milk Shake Bars too!

How bout Grape Nehi soda! Did anybody else used to put a small bag of peanuts in them or was that must me being weirder than normal???

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCER OF THE WINKY-BONER AND HAMSTER HO SHOW

03-19-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I have a friend who puts peanuts in her Coke, I had never heard of it, she thought it was an African American thing. I have since heard it is a Texas thing.

03-19-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
My mom started me on putting peanuts in Pepsi (no coke at our house...no way!) when I was little. She learned it while married to my biological father in Florida. It certainly wasn't something we Minnesotans would do otherwise.
(am I right Swami?)

--wasn't in to grape or orange pop so has never had a Nehi

03-19-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
My friend put peanuts in her DR Pepper, never any other drink but DP. It is funny how people use different drinks.

Misto we are opposites ~ only a coke drinker no Pepsi!!

03-19-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
Do not remember the berry bears.

I do hate when they change a good candy bar. I never eat the Mars bars, but use to LOVE whatchamacallits before they had carmel in them. the carmel ruined it!

03-19-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
There was also a ceral I loved as a kid it was a spin-off of Count Chocula (which still exists)

There was actually 2 of them and I liked them both

Franken Berry - was strawberry ceral with mini marshmellows

Boo Berry - was blueberry ceral with mini marshmellows

--only ate ceral with lots of sugar!!!

03-19-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I loved Boo Berry! Also Cookie Crisp and Quisp.

I can't believe the amount of sugar I consumed as a child. No wonder I'm allergic to it as an adult!

The Berry Bears though...those were my absolute favorite. I'm not even sure if it was a large company (General Mills, Post...) or some local company. My mom doesn't have a clue dammit!

My first memory of eating them would be when I was 4 or 5 so 1968 or '69. I wonder if there's a way to find out if they still (or ever) exist(ed).

--knows they had to have been real or her mouth would not be watering the way it is right now

03-19-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I found this one another website:

Post Toastems were General Foods answer to Kellogs Pop Tarts. There were three animal characters used to represent the brand, Sugar Spice Lion, Chocolate Elephant and Berry Bear.

Post Toastems were discontiued in 1992 when General Foods was aquired by the Kraft Foods company.

*hope this helps sweetie*

--gives Misto a berry bear hug and a big smoooch!

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-03, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Does anyone remember Berry Bears?"
I remember Berry Bears. Unfortunately, they had no "Caution. Filling May be Hot" warning on the packaging and one day....I burned my groin area with smoldering pastery filling.

I bankrupted the Berry Bears company with that lawsuit, that's why you can't find them today.

Superman - I'm not here to crush your memories, it's just an added bonus

Criminals From the Neck Up

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •