The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sick!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sick!!!"
Ugh... I just wanted to mention this, because all of you do such a good job making me feel better...

Alas, I am sick today. This is a really rare situation, because I've always been the guy who never gets sick.

Now I know what it's like to be on Survivor. I lost 8 pounds in one evening!!!

Any good suggestions for getting rid of this stomach virus? Right now I'm sipping Ginger Ale.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
1. "Daniel is the Mole!!!" -SurvivinDawg
2. "Look Jeanne, a fish! EEEEEEEK!" -survivorscott
3. "Survivor is turning into Playboy At The Rainforest" -AMAI
4. "Eat a sandwich and contemplate how shallow you are" -dajaki (Heidi & Jenna)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sick!!! true 03-18-03 1
 RE: Sick!!! anotherkim 03-18-03 2
 RE: Sick!!! Q 03-18-03 3
 Drink some 7-Up !!!!! katem 03-18-03 4
 RE: Sick!!! sorgee 03-18-03 5
   RE: Sick!!! SurvivorOverlord 03-18-03 8
       RE: Sick!!! sorgee 03-18-03 9
           RE: Sick!!! SurvivorOverlord 03-18-03 11
 RE: Sick!!! GeorgiaBelle 03-18-03 6
 RE: Sick!!! Drive My Car 03-18-03 7
 RE: Sick!!! mistofleas 03-18-03 10
   RE: Sick!!! northernlights 03-18-03 19
 RE: Sick!!! L82LIFE 03-18-03 12
 RE: Sick!!! snoocharoo 03-18-03 13
 Poor Jims! Red Lady 03-18-03 14
   RE: Poor Jims! Q 03-18-03 15
       Only When You Are Sick? Red Lady 03-19-03 21
           RE: Only When You Are Sick? Q 03-19-03 22
               Feelin GOOD! Jims02 03-19-03 23
 RE: Sick!!! Jims02 03-18-03 16
 RE: Sick!!! Wheezy 03-18-03 17
 RE: Sick!!! Silvergirl1 03-18-03 18
 RE: Sick!!! samiam 03-18-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sick!!!"
I'm sorry you're sick Jims.

Try a little toast. I like toast and scrambled eggs when I'm sick. Don't know if the eggs would be good for your stomach though, so start with some toast.

Get some sleep!

"I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly" - Mr. Krabs

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sick!!!"
I have always found that sleep is best. take a couple of Benadryl with some Sprite and try to sleep it off.

I hope you get well soon!!!!

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--stomach viruses just suck

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-18-03, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sick!!!"
Keep sipping the ginger ale, and hope this will pass quickly. It usually does. You can also suck on an ice cube to get some liquids in you slowly. Its all about rehydrating, SLOWLY. Drinking to fast will cause the body to reject it (nice way of saying that).

If it does not pass in 24-48 hours consider going to a doctor. When you lose too much weight to quickly, your blood electrolyte levels can drop (which is why ginger ale is good) and that can cause problems if you are sick for longer than 48 hours.

Just try your best to stay hydrated and hopefully this will pass soon.

Take care Jim. And get lots and lots and lots of REST.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-18-03, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Drink some 7-Up !!!!!"
Sorry you feel bad, but that's what happens to bad little boys, who go out and eat crap, instead of staying in and eating his lima beans

Feel better Jims, drink plenty of 7-Up, it's good for ya

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-18-03, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sick!!!"
cuddle up with a blankie and go nonnies. a good sleep does the body good.

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sick!!!"
cuddle up with a blankie and go nonnies

Sorgee my dear, you have such Maternal instincts....Nonnies....too funny!!

Lots of fluids...some gatoraide or even childrens Pedialite is good to replentish those electrolytes! And as sorgee said....lots of nonnies

HOOK EM HORNS!

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sick!!!"
sometimes children think sleep is bad. but, if you can make it sound better, as by calling it "nonnies", then they are more willing to go to bed and sleep. we even have "nonnie land" for "nonnie dreams" and "nonnie man" who happens to be the brother of the sand man.

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sick!!!"
Awwwwww.....you are just too cute sorgee!!!

SMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!

--will go nonnies with Sorgee anyday

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-18-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sick!!!"
Awwww, {{{Hugs}}} hope you feel better soon. Get some rest and let us know how you are doing

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sick!!!"
Oh Jim, so sorry you feel crappy. When you can handle it, some clear broth is good. If you are vomiting, have someone get you some Emetrol. It is medicine for nausea. Try to sleep.

Hugs

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sick!!!"
As long as you haven't been to Asia recently you should get better quickly. Just make sure you drink lot's and lot's and lot's of liquids. If you've lost 8 pounds, I'm going to assume you're spending time in the bathroom *ahem* eliminating most of your bodily fluids so you must put 'em back and then some. It doesn't taste very good but Pediolyte is what I drank when I was suffering from my last bout of Viral Gastroenteritis. It puts those electrolytes back in better than Gatorade.

Then you must stock your body back up with all the good things the illness wiped out. Take acidophilus, lysine, zinc and iron supplements to build up your immune system again.

Take care of you honey.

--will send up her own witches brew if needed to make Jim feel better

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Sick!!!"
>Take acidophilus, lysine, zinc and iron supplements to
>build up your immune system again.

Adding my endorsement for acidophilus. I take it every day along with some other vitamins and I believe that it makes a difference. I've been meaning to try the lysine too. Will have to remember to pick some up on my next trip to the store.

Hope you're feeling better soon Jim.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sick!!!"
I'm sorry you're feeling badly, Jims. The stomach flu is the worst! Keep drinking fluids. Saltine crackers or dry toast are usually easy on the tummy. My favorite "sick" food is Cream of Rice cereal, but that's usually when I start feeling a little better and start getting hungry.

Hope you feel better soon. Get plenty of rest.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-18-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sick!!!"
Just puke your brains out...nothing quells stomach flu like a good ole technicolor yawn. Then take some Emitrol like Buggy said and drink some ginger ale.

War is harmful to children and other living things.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Poor Jims!"

Get lots of rest, and call me in the morning!

03-18-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Poor Jims!"
How Sweet Red Lady. I want you around when I'm sick, OK?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-03, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Only When You Are Sick?"
I can also be good to have around when you aren't sick!

*smooch*

03-19-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Only When You Are Sick?"
Of course you are Red Lady.

{Smooches} right back at you.

and an aside to Jim, I hope you are feeling much better this day! Let us know.

03-19-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Feelin GOOD!"
Yeah, I'm feeling better. I'm still a little achey though.

Thanks a lot for all the help!!

03-18-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Sick!!!"
Thanks a lot everybody!

I had some chicken noodle soup recently, and I'm hoping it stays down. I'm just trying to get some more liquids going...

How do bulimics (sp?) do it? I'm exhausted!

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sick!!!"
Get better soon, Jimmie Yak Yak! Take it easy, rest, try some Saltines and 7-up. Get better soon!

wheeeze

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Sick!!!"

One of my friends told me that her child's doctor told her to give the child tea because it has something in it that will help your stomach get back into synch. I have used this advice countless times and it does seem to help. Some toast along with the tea, if you can eat anything.

A Silverchild original, 2002

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Sick!!!"
Remember, if you're suffering from the Big D, stick with the BRAT diet...

Bananas
Rice
Apples
Toast

All nice and bulky without being too tough on an ailing system. Good luck!

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. - Hemingway

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •