The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lex on Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-04, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lex on Early Show"
Sporting short blond hair with black spots- like a dalmation.

He said he was so hurt by Rob cause they are really good friends outside of the game.

He really wanted to boot Amber so that he would have the numbers going into the merge and he was confident Big Tom would swing his way (gee Lex- Big Tom voted against you lat night). But he had an alliance with Kathy. He let Kathy make the decision between voting off Jerri or Amber. Kathy said to vote off Jerri because "you can trust Boston Rob".

He said he was not surprised at all to be voted off, the expression on his face was just editing. Kathy did want to give him the immunity necklace but he told her not to.

link to CBS:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/08/earlyshow/series/survivor/main611025.shtml

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lex on Early Show pmspml5 04-09-04 1
   RE: Lex on Early Show bdemoney 04-09-04 2
       RE: Lex on Early Show geekboy 04-09-04 4
       RE: Lex on Early Show TanNymph 04-09-04 5
           RE: Lex on Early Show Cin 04-09-04 6
           RE: Lex on Early Show sondral 04-09-04 7
           RE: Lex on Early Show Brat2u 04-09-04 8
           RE: Lex on Early Show toddE 04-09-04 10
 RE: Lex on Early Show blacknwhitedog 04-09-04 3
 RE: Lex on Early Show DoodleBug 04-09-04 9
   RE: Lex on Early Show SurvivorBlows 04-09-04 22
       RE: Lex on Early Show DoodleBug 04-09-04 38
       RE: Lex on Early Show silentJ 04-10-04 45
           RE: Lex on Early Show katethegreat 04-11-04 52
       RE: Lex on Early Show Scarlett O Hara 04-11-04 54
       RE: Lex on Early Show Round Robin 04-13-04 58
 RE: Lex on Early Show Loree 04-09-04 11
   The Difference Get Bent 04-09-04 12
       RE: The Difference speedyforme 04-09-04 13
           RE: The Difference ImNext 04-09-04 25
       RE: The Difference Cin 04-09-04 14
       RE: The Difference Handola 04-09-04 15
           RE: The Difference Get Bent 04-09-04 16
               RE: The Difference sondral 04-09-04 17
                   RE: The Difference speedyforme 04-09-04 19
                   RE: The Difference Get Bent 04-09-04 26
                       RE: The Difference TanNymph 04-09-04 31
                       RE: The Difference sondral 04-09-04 37
               RE: The Difference VerucaSalt 04-09-04 18
                   RE: The Difference emydi 04-09-04 23
                   RE: The Difference SnowBunny 04-10-04 48
               RE: The Difference Cin 04-09-04 20
               RE: The Difference Brat2u 04-09-04 30
                   RE: The Difference emydi 04-09-04 32
       RE: The Difference mtopaz 04-09-04 21
           RE: The Difference TanNymph 04-09-04 27
               RE: The Difference Get Bent 04-09-04 33
                   RE: The Difference Loree 04-13-04 57
       RE: The Difference SurvivorJoel 04-09-04 42
 RE: Lex on Early Show dav8515 04-09-04 24
   RE: Lex on Early Show Devious Weasel 04-09-04 28
   RE: Lex on Early Show Get Bent 04-09-04 29
       RE: Lex on Early Show udg 04-09-04 39
   Not "short term." "Short ANSWER!" udg 04-09-04 40
   RE: Lex on Early Show SurvivorJoel 04-09-04 43
 RE: Lex on Early Show dav8515 04-09-04 34
   RE: Lex on Early Show sondral 04-09-04 35
       RE: Lex on Early Show Tinman 04-13-04 60
   RE: Lex on Early Show Wingbob 04-09-04 36
       RE: Lex on Early Show Crash Thompson Jr 04-09-04 41
           What I don't understand... Cuauhtewatemoccajava 04-09-04 44
 RE: Lex on Early Show greenmonstah 04-10-04 46
   RE: Lex on Early Show Flowerpower 04-10-04 47
       RE: Lex on Early Show sondral 04-10-04 49
       The Big Red Flag LookeeLoo 04-10-04 50
       Moron on Early Show SouperStar 04-10-04 51
           RE: Moron on Early Show redbeard103152 04-11-04 53
       RE: Lex on Early Show DRONES 04-12-04 55
 RE: Lex on Early Show RebelYell 04-13-04 56
 RE: Lex on Early Show Shuque 04-13-04 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-09-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
At one point in the interview he stats the him and Rob were very close friends "before we did All-Stars". Does he ever go back and talk about whether or not they are still friends?

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-09-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-04 AT 10:26 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-09-04 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

In the interview a 9 year old calls in and asks if Lex and Rob will still be friends and he says no. He says he does not need friends like Boston Rob. I thought that was interesting since he wants both Ethan and Jerri to understand that "it is just a game" and that it shouldn't affect their friendship outside of the game, but then when the shoe is on the other foot he says it's not a game "it's their life". Seems like kinda've a double standard to me.

Taken directly from interview...."But it took a 9-year-old viewer from Connecticut to ask the most important question of all: "Are you and Boston Rob still going to be friends?"

Lex's response: "I wish I could say we were still friends... The short answer to that is no. We are probably not going to be good friends.

"It's funny, because I got a 10- and 11-year-old son. Both of them, watching the episode, they understood it in such pure and simple terms. It was: A deal is a deal, a promise is a promise. When someone breaks that, they're not your friend.

"I have good friends in my life. There's no reason to have somebody like Rob in my life who is not really a good friend and does not treat me like a good friend would."

When Harry suggested that they just had been playing a game, and Lex had lost sight of that, Lex said, "Wow. I guess you could say I did. I did. And the thing of it is…it's so easy to say, 'It's just a game.' … That phrase is thrown around so casually: 'It's just a game.' It might be a game for everybody watching from their living room. It's not a game to us. Even the people playing it, (when) they say it's a game, they're lying. For us, it's life. For those 27 days out there, it was life.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-09-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
This is the one thing that AMAZES me each season, and amazes me even more so this season.

Guys, IT IS JUST A GAME.

Everyone who gets "emotionally attached" to other players in this game loses. Look at the winners. barring Tina, everyone else controlled their emotions and played the game.

As much as Lex claims its more than a game, to the winners - this is just a game. its the only way you can win. Lex was doomed to fail.

Rich understood it, Brian understood it, even Jenna understood it. It is just a game.

geekboy

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-09-04, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Yeah, it's ok for him to screw over friends but not ok to be screwed over by a friend. HYPOCRITE. Maybe Rob should have told him "It's just business, has nothing to do with friendship."
Now he knows how Jerri and Ethan feel with a knife in their backs.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-09-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
WORDY WORD WORD!

I really did like Lex this season, but after last night and these comments he is nothing but a sore loser. Didn't he say in his comments about voting Ethan out, something about seeing how graceful he took it? Lex is a big baby. grrrr his hypocracy <spelling> makes me crazy!

Cin

sondral 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sondral Click to send private message to sondral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
I totally agree. I was expecting to see a lot of Rob bashing on the board, but am glad to see that is not so.
In my opinion, Lex got what he deserved. Rob did exactly what Lex did previously when he got rid of Colby and Ethan.
"nothing personal, just here to play the game"
Nice going Rob!!!

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-09-04, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
TanNymph - I totally agree with you, my thoughts exactly!

Lex can only blame himself for how things went down, he brought it on himself. Now on TES, he says it was Kathy's choice to vote Jerri out - UGH!

I also feel like Rob was a hypocrit last night. When he asked for Lexs' help to keep Amber around, he was hoping Lex would go against Lexs own alliances for the benefit of Rob and their friendship. But Rob wouldn't do it for Lex.

I never cared for Lex, but last night during the IC I was yelling at the TV, rooting for him to kick Rob's butt LOL.

Anyone else notice that SA voted for Lex? Also, Amber made a comment which made it seem like the entire camp heard the conversation that went down between Rob, Lex and KO. So the ppl that are in an alliance with Rob should now know that he has no problem doing them in.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
I don't actually think it is the same thing, because in this situation there was a specific deal made, and not made for game-related purposes. A stupid deal, yes, but a deal. I think what Rob did was definitely worse than what Lex did to Ethan, and worse than what he did to Jerri as well, because they were allied, but didn't have a specific "you do this for me, then I'll do this for you." But Lex (and Kathy) has only himself (and herself) to blame, because he (and she) really should have known better. It makes me sad to say both Lex and Kathy deserve to lose for being so dumb.

What I don't understand is why Rob & Co. didn't vote out Shii or Alicia. That way they could have kept their word for at least one TC, and only alienated one jury member. Now Rob has lost 2 votes for sure, Lex and Kathy, and has probably blown his chance to win.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
other interesting quote

a woman from North Carolina wanted to know if Lex thinks that Rupert, Tom and the others realized what control they gave Boston Rob in allowing him to totally control the last Tribal Council. Do they realize what may be in store with them?

In reply, Lex said, "It's amazing to me that they don't know what is going on and how much control he has got. That's what is amazing to me: People don't seem to care. Rupert and big Tom, they willingly put themselves at the mercy of Boston Rob. And that's been their M.O. since the beginning of the game. They have chosen to give him their game and put him in the driver's seat. It's not a way I could play the game. Maybe, for them, it will work out."

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
I'm really surprised by Lex's comments. When he votes off Ethan, he said "it's just business". Wasn't it "just business" for Rob last night?

But if Lex had decided to vote off Amber, wouldn't he have been gone anyway? It would have been Rob, Alicia, Rupert, Jenna, Tom vs. Lex, Kathy, Shii Ann, and Jerri. Did he really think Big Tom was going to swing to his side? I really doubt it.

Bottom line.... Friends should not play this game together, IMO.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-04 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

>But if Lex had decided to vote off Amber, wouldn't he
>have been gone anyway? It would have been Rob,
>Alicia, Rupert, Jenna, Tom vs. Lex, Kathy, Shii Ann, and
>Jerri. Did he really think Big Tom was going
>to swing to his side? I really doubt it.

Who knows, but given that Rob would have been without Amber, and his alliance with Alicia was apparently newly-minted, and that Rupert and Jenna still were really outsiders in that tribe who've never even had to go to tribal council since they got there, there certainly would have been several possiblities for Lex/Kathy/Jerri/Shii-Ann to convince one of Tom, Alicia, Rupert, or Jenna to swing to their side.

Honestly, it probably wouldn't have been that hard... would you rather play the game with a known backstabbing constant immunity-challenge threat and slimeball like Rob, or with someone like Kathy? Ya Kathy would have been a tough Final 2 competitor, but you start worrying about that once you get down to 5-6 people -- first you need to get there.

Lex torpadoed the whole game with his move to save Amber, there's no doubt about it.

-SB

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
It is hard to say, but I still saw "old Chapera" unity among them that I don't think will go away until Kathy and Shii are gone.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
NO, Lex torpedoded his game when he voted out Rich, and then Colby, and then Ethan. He's an idiot for not figuring out that after those 3 were gone, -HE- was the biggest threat. If it had been Rich, Etahn, Colby, and Lex left for the Mogos, Lex wouldn't have to worry about going home for 3 more TC. And with those guys instead of Shii and Jerri around, the Mogos would have won immunity more often. This game was Lex's to lose after the first merge, and he worked hard to squander his position.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-11-04, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Agree - Lex should have kept the big targets around, not shot them down.

The irony in the editing is that Lex played and prayed for a merge, only to be the first victim of it.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-04, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Lex torpadoed the whole game with his move to save Amber,
there's no doubt about it.

SB- You might think that this was the proverbial "Nail in the Coffin" for Lex, but I disagree. IMHO, Lex engineered the Pagonging of his tribe when he first voted out Rich, Colby and Ethan -- the strongest Mogo tribemembers. It has been nothing but downhill from that point forward. And Kathy was his partner in crime. As God is my witness, she will be the next Mogo to be Pagonged!!

Scarlett

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
What torpedoed Lex wasn't getting rid of Jerri to save Amber. He sank himself before that by getting rid of both Colby and Ethan. If he had dumped Jerri earlier and kept one of them around, he might have been able to avoid losing the IC in the first place, and even if they lost it anyway, with Colby or Ethan still around Lex might have more safely risked Rob's wrath and booted Amber with an extra immunity threat around to beat Rob and put HIS head on the block, or to provide another threat who could catch votes instead of Lex, thus giving him more time or at least more leverage to work on avoiding getting booted. As it was, had Rob stuck by Lex and had he, Amber, Lex and Kathy agreed on who to boot, they'd have still had to swing one more vote, and depending on who they chose to boot they might not have succeeded, so there's no guarantee that Rob staying loyal to Lex would have saved Lex anyway. If Amber had gotten the boot, Rob would have been seriously PO, and Lex as the leader of his tribe would have been who Rob went after.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Not sure why they keep saying Lex got a knife in the back. Rob told him right out in advance of TC that he was voting against him. No surprise. Just the way Lex likes to do it. Be honest & upfront. Lex told everyone in advance that it was just business and in order for He "LEX" to win he had to vote them out it didn't affect their friendship. So what did Rob do that was different? He didn't tell Lex he was safe and then shock him at TC. Even if Rob alone had not voted for Lex, Lex would have still been voted out and then Rob would have been the target the next week for breaking his Happy Chappy alliance. Rob was playing smart. Lex and his gut lost this game weeks ago when he started playing for the merge long before he got there.

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "The Difference"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-04 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

The reason some think (including Lex) that he got a knife in the back was because during the prior episode, Rob said directly to Lex "Take care of Amber, and I'll take care of you".

Rob tried to deflect/hide this by going to Lex early after the merge and saying something different about doing what he could, changing the promise. And going to him before TC and saying the choice was not up to him. But Lex isn't stupid and knew it was all Rob.

Lex did not directly break a promise to Rich, Colby or Ethan, like Rob did to him.

I am in the camp that there is a difference between what Lex did, and what Rob did due to the promise Rob made and broke. Looking at the comments on this board, I think I am in the minority however.

Edited to state the support a little better.

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Difference"
well, at least we know that Rob ain't voting for Rob if he gets to the final 2...

ImNext 99 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ImNext Click to send private message to ImNext Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Difference"
But will Amber vote for Amber?

04-09-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Difference"
Lex and Colby both told Richard they were picking Ethan to boot him. They booted Richard instead.

Colby thought him and Lex had an alliance (they did) and he booted him to keep Jerri. (cause Colby was a threat in a merge)

Ethan and Lex were friends, Lex told Ethan, this isn't personal it's business. He wanted to win the Mil.

How is Rob wanting to win the million dollars and doing EXACTLY what Lex did to other people different? Rob is playing to win, just like Lex was. Lex had almost the exact conversation with Ethan before Ethan was voted out, that Rob had with Lex.

Other than possibly Rupert, Lex is Rob's biggest threat in IC's. Rob would have been stupid not to take out Lex, and Lex was stupid to not realize that.

Lex talked a lot about this being a game, and business. Why does he get to do what he did to "friends" and whine about it when it happens to him? That is what is so silly.

Yes Rob told Lex, you take care of Amber, I'll take care of you. Why is that different than him and Colby telling Richard they were picking Ethan to get rid of him first? He lied too, his bad choices finally came back to bite him in the butt.

Cin

Handola 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Handola Click to send private message to Handola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Difference"
I see your point, GB- Rob did specifically tell Lex that he would "take care of" him and then didn't in the end.

I still will defend Rob's actions, however, because now that there is a merge, he has to be VERY careful about being the Robfaddah-he will be targeted by someone if he doesn't keep winning immunity. He would have had to convince all his Old Chapera members that they should keep Lex just because he (Rob) made a deal with him to keep Amber. At this stage in the game, I don't think that would fly with his old tribe members. It's not team vs. team now, it's every man or woman for themselves. If he really is saying "it's not up to me" and he means it, then he is very smart because now is the time to let someone else feel like they have control.

No doubt all the Old Chappys looked at Lex as a huge threat (which he was) and it would have been hard to convince them to vote Shii Ann off (who isn't a threat) or Alicia (with whom they still have an alliance-for now).

He truly had no other choice and honestly- Lex didn't let friendship get in his way. Also, he finished in the money on Africa and Rob didn't on Marquesas, so now it's Rob's turn.

04-09-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Difference"
Cin and Handora,

I apprecaite your comments. I knew I was in the minority in my thinking and understand why others didn't think Rob did anything wrong. I know Rob had to vote off Lex or Lex could swing Tom. Gamewise Rob did what he needed to do.

My only point was that Rob made Lex a DIRECT promise and went back on it. The other alliances that didn't stand up were NOT DIRECT promises that were broken.

Rob is playing very well. He made the promise to try to save Amber. It worked. He went back on it to elliminate his biggest threat. He beat surfer Lex in a water challenge. This is the season of Boston Rob! It doesn't even look like the others are suspicious of him controlling the game yet!!! I am quite impressed.

04-09-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sondral Click to send private message to sondral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Difference"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-04 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

Okay, but if you really want to get technical here, Rob DIDN'T say to Lex "You take care of Amber,....I'll take you to the final four" or "I'll make sure you don't get voted out next"...or "I'll defer to you from now on" (which is what Lex wanted).

He said "...I'll take care of you". So TECHNICALLY, that could have meant "I'll make sure you don't sleep under the drip" or "I'll give you the biggest bowl of rice at dinner".

Look, I liked Lex up until last night. But he was a big player in his own demise, even though he now is making it seem that it was Kathy who choose to save Amber. AND if that IS true, that means that Lex was contemplating NOT honoring his "very close" friendship with Rob.

Sorry, but now I just think Lex is a very sore looser. And yes, he got stabbed in the back by Rob (so that Rob could increase his chances of winning) JUST like Lex stabbed Colby, Ethan* and Jerry in the back to increase HIS chances of winning.

*Edited because I'm an idiot on Fridays

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Difference"
regardless of who's right or wrong...Rob was clearly painted ONCE AGAIN in a negative light IMHO

the whole laughing in a confessional saying: you didnt honesty believe i was serious...or something like that

i kno he tried to make up with Lex at TC but i dunno...

for some reason, lex and Rob's friendship may have been very very close and this might be the one friendship that is torn apart

it was hard to watch last night though...

04-09-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The Difference"
>He said "...I'll take care of
>you". So TECHNICALLY, that
>could have meant "I'll make
>sure you don't sleep under
>the drip" or "I'll give
>you the biggest bowl of
>rice at dinner".

Hee Hee!!! Good one!

I agree. Lex is an friggin idiot. He was playing the end game early on, decimating his tribe. Then when the end game came near, he flip-flopped and voted based on friendship and emotion. If he had voted Amber off, he was almost guaranteed a F4 spot.

I hope you all realize that I am not supporting Lex's idotic play, his inability to understand that he pretty much got what he gave, and how he does not yet comprehend the full magnitude of his poor play. I wasn't trying to sway any feelings, just trying to explain why some may think what Rob did was worse than some of the other backstabbing/lying we have seen.

Get Bent (oops I deleted my sigpic in this post)

04-09-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The Difference"
I think we all expect Rob to be a snake but thought better of Lex. I think Lex played poorly but I still liked him until he showed his tail. I agree with you GB that Rob is not letting honor or promises get in his way and that will be his downfall, just when is the question.

04-09-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
37. "RE: The Difference"
I honestly believe that Lex was getting pretty paranoid at MogoMogo and hoped that by saving Amber Rob would take him into the Happy Chappy's. I think HE was the one that made the decision to axe Jerry, as much as he tries to make us believe it was Kathy.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-09-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Difference"
Oh now come on everyone We all know, by nature, human beings can be hypocritical MB thrives on human nature for this game. What one criticizes in others, one does themselves People in glass houses and so forth. It is inevitable that everyone at some point or some situation will do exactly what they loathe in someone else and MB was made sure we saw the irony of it all.

Lex is a very emotional player (I really need to just stay in the editing thread ) and as much as he tried to conduct business this time, he failed miserably because THAT IS JUST NOT WHO HE IS and as a result, he made poor choices. What people are angry over is that he appears hypocritical but if he played such like Africa and was true to he is really is (someone who does play with emotions, feelings, loyalty, etc.) a majority of people would be sympathetic towards him and extremely critical of Rob.

I actually feel bad for Lex. He attempted to change who he was thinking it would change the outcome of the game for him and he was wrong. His reaction to Rob is simply also part of who he is; someone who does take friendships and "giving their word" to heart. He wasn't thinking he was hypocritical. He was just reverting back to who he really is at heart.

Just goes to show you that you can't change who you are and instead of attempting to, you should capitalize on how it can help you. Survivor is funny like that lol

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Difference"
I was thinking the same thing VS. I believe by his words Lex was a hypocrite and it was sweet irony to see what he did to others come back on him and he was taken aside by Rob just the way Lex took Jerri and Ethan aside. Just great editing by EPMB.

That said, I believe that Lex was trying to make himself believe he was "all business" by saying this over and over. We all do it try to convince ourselves we are what we are not. We are all hypocrites in our lives many times over. Remember, after all we are human and have many shortcomings.)its GF today, its what its all about right??) So I also feel bad for Lex in that he got caught on the short end of the stick here.

However, Rob just put the nail in his coffin for end game. He could have easily just taken Shii out and stayed true to both his original Chappys and Lex/Kathy. He could have said then, "all bets are off now Lex and kathy" I took care of you now you have to play your own game. Now he will just have two very angry people on the jury. I think Rob is not all as Wicked Smaht as he thinks and that will be his undoing just as the Business v. Friendship was Lex's undoing.

emydi

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: The Difference"
I am not sure if this is mentioned in any other threads, but I would add Kathy's history and emotional play here as well.

In an earlier post in this thread, someone mentioned that it was wrong of Lex to say Kathy convinced him to save Amber for Rob. In the show this week, though, Kathy did say she convinced Lex to side with Rob and make a final four alliance with Amber/Rob/Kathy/Lex. This is one reason why she considered giving her immunity to Lex.

Anyone knowing Kathy's history will know that when she let her emotions get carried away, she found trouble. Also, after she trusted another person's word, she got booted. (Remember the deals made in the final three of Marquesas?) In the end, many believed Kathy was robbed of a win and stabbed in the back for practically the same kind of deal that she made with Rob/Amber this time around. Clearly, she can't change who she is either.

04-09-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Difference"
hehe Get Bent, I was just stating my opinion based on what I saw in previous episodes I wasn't trying to get all crazy

Cin

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The Difference"
Rob said to Lex and KO that he couldn't help them, there wasn't anything he could do unless he went against his own alliances.

Rob was the one who said to Amber immediatley after the merge, Lex HAS to go first. From what we saw, he never talked about it with the others to see what they wanted to do. They were probably TOLD to vote for Lex. IMHO.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The Difference"

He could have easily voted out Shii. This move was the beginning of the end for Rob, it might not come until final 2 but it will be a huge shock 6-1 vote IMHO

emydi

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-09-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Difference"
Get Bent,

I'm in agreement with you. Rob offered a specific deal, then reneged on it. If Lex offered similar "do this for me, and I'll do that for you" to Colby or Ethan, it ended up on the cutting room floor. In fact, I think Mogo Mogo's downfall was that Lex purposely did not form strong alliances with anyone other than Kathy, because his game plan all along was to take out the strong competitors on his own tribe. His game play was stupid, but he didn't break any specific promises. Rob did, and in the process lost two votes should he make it to final 2.

Sig pic by JSlice

04-09-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The Difference"
What about Lex's deal with Jerri. Didn't they agree to take each other to the F2 in an earlier episode when they retrieved tree mail together? I would consider that a direct promise broken.

And I think Ethan felt the knife but at least he exited with class and dignity. He didn't blame someone else for his mistake and he said he & Lex would still be friends.

Lex was unable to take a dose of his own medicine.

04-09-04, 01:46 PM (EST)
33. "RE: The Difference"

----
What about Lex's deal with Jerri. Didn't they agree to take each other to the F2 in an earlier episode when they retrieved tree mail together?
----

I didn't remember that, and thanks for bringing it up. As I said above, Lex basically got what he gave. He played like an idiot. And I know this won't sit well with you, but all of the F2, F4 talk I don't consider a promise. They all have like 10 irons in the fire. And, from interviews done, it was Kathy who decided to go with voting Jerri off, and talked Lex into it. Rob on the otherhand made a promise, and then very shortly after arranged Lex's demise. I still feel there is a difference. And as another poster mentioned, Rob could have still gotten rid of Shii Ann to keep his word for one TC, and then said Game On.

This will be my last post on this topic. I won't change my mind as it was a "gut" feeling, you all won't change yours. And it has nothing to do with Spoiling anyway.

So let's go spoil!!!

------

Spoiling-wise. Finding out that Lex defered to Kathy on the decision to vote out Jerri I found interesting. And that Lex said he would still not be freinds with Rob tells us that if Rob gets to the finals that Lex and therefore Kathy too would not give Rob thier votes. Also, we can speculate on what that means and if there was contact with Rob after Lex's boot.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: The Difference"
>
>>. And
>that Lex said he would
>still not be freinds with
>Rob tells us that if
>Rob gets to the finals
>that Lex and therefore Kathy
>too would not give Rob
>thier votes. Also, we
>can speculate on what that
>means and if there was
>contact with Rob after Lex's
>boot.

If Rob ended up in the F2 with Amber it might make a difference. Kathy and Lex can't be any happier with Amber than Rob. At least they have to admit Rob played hard and won comps. They have to vote for one of them.

SurvivorJoel 73 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorJoel Click to send private message to SurvivorJoel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: The Difference"
I'm totally with you, Get! I think what Lex did to Colby, Ethan and Jerri were not the same as what RobM did to him (and Kathy, actually). -- I can't stand Mariano already! Get him outta there now, please!

Mariano's request for Lex to take care of Ambuh was a friend's request, just as the promise to take care of Lex come merge time was a friend's promise. That cannot be taken in any other context -- whether it takes place in or outside the game.

dav8515 21 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dav8515 Click to send private message to dav8515 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Posted this in its own thread, but bc people dont read the post and jsut look at title they think it belongs in here

"Lex Ealry Show Comments and Do the members of the jury talk possible final 2 "
I was wondering if members of the jury get to talk after the are voted out. Because lex is the first member of the jury i found one of hes early show comments this mourning interesting. When asked the most important question of all: "Are you and Boston Rob still going to be friends?"
Lex's response: "I wish I could say we were still friends... The short answer to that is no. We are probably not going to be good friends.

Now if members the jury talk to each other, i am sure lex and rob would have talked if 'rob' was voted out. And by lex saying the "short term anser is" makes it sound like they have not yet had a face to face issue about this subject. Maybe iseeing something that isnt there, but to me it seems like Rob will be in the final 2

just my 2 cents about all it s worth

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Not a bad assumption, but it could just mean that Rob is not an early jury boot. If he made Final Three, there would be less than a day for him to try to patch things up with Lex, and given that Lex would have been stewing on it for almost two weeks, that probably wouldn't be enough time to reconcile.

04-09-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
dav,

Could be. But it could mean that they did have contact, and that they were not able to reconcile thier friendship also. That was how I interpreted it. So I don't know if we can draw any conclusions from that comment. Good catch however!!!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
That is how I interpretted it as well. In fact, I thought he threw in the "probably" simply to avoid giving too much away.

---
UDG

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Not "short term." "Short ANSWER!""
The write-up is on the Early Show website.

Quote: But it took a 9-year-old viewer from Connecticut to ask the most important question of all: "Are you and Boston Rob still going to be friends?"

Lex's response: "I wish I could say we were still friends... The short answer to that is no. We are probably not going to be good friends...

I actually took that to mean that there was a lot more to it (i.e., that they HAD discussed it after the game), but that he wanted to 1) keep things simple for the 9-year-old and 2) couldn't reveal too much due to his contract with CBS.

---
UDG

SurvivorJoel 73 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorJoel Click to send private message to SurvivorJoel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
My thoughts exactly!!! With those comments from Lex, I really think RobM goes to F2. Oh my heck!!!

And additionally, i think everyone else would want to have RobM with them in F2 because everyone hates him!!! He's seen as the leader, the goat-herder, right now and everyone voted out among the old Chappies will have grudges against him (thinking that he's the mastermind), more so the ex-MogoMorons. Jenna, Rupert, Tom, Alicia and even Amber know that being beside RobM in F2 will hand them the Million in a platter.

Also, the negative image of Rob foreshadows his F2 appearance. This will eventually justify his losing to an UTR player by a landslide. Boy, I'd really love to see a 7-0 this time!

But for me, I'd rather see RobM go next!!! NOW! ASAP!

dav8515 21 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dav8515 Click to send private message to dav8515 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
I think when lex said "Short Term" was basically saying that he has not haqda chance to resolve it

04-09-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
But look at it this way, why would Rob and Lex not be friends?

-As far as we have seen so far, the only reason Lex is pi**ed at Rob is for getting rid of him at this last vote.

-Rob has no reason for being angry with Lex at this point, and I think at Tribal Council he said something to the effect of "hope we can still be friends or no hard feelings" or whatever.

-If Rob was in the final 3, and even had only had ONE day to talk to Lex, I'm sure he would have said "hey I'm sorry....blah blah blah" and...

-Lex would not have been as quick to answer "short term, NO", because cmon, if the guy apologized, I think Lex is grown up* enough to accept the apology, move on, and not declare on national tv that they are not friends.

Therefor I believe that Rob was in the final 2, probably did not win, Lex voted against him, NOW giving Rob a reason to be angry with him, thus not making them NOT friends.

*This is obviously an assumption on my part, because after last night's and this morning's display of Lex's childish behavior I'm wondering if Lex is really grown up.

Tinman 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-04, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinman Click to send private message to Tinman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-04 AT 05:06 PM (EST)

Remember, the vote has occurred but the winner's not revealed until the finale so Rob would not yet know who Lex voted for....

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Regardless of who stabbed who in the back, one fact is clear. Lex all but had immunity in his hands. What was he? Two or three floats ahead of Rob? With that kind of a lead, he has only himself to blame for being booted.

Crash Thompson Jr 63 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to send private message to Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Man alive, my roommate and I were literally yelling at the TV. He SO had that IN, I couldn't believe it.

Cuauhtewatemoccajava 133 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to send private message to Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "What I don't understand..."
I don't understand why everyone feels that since they didn't reconcile, Rob MUST be in the final two.

I don't think they had a LOT of time to talk, but really now, is it not just possible that Rob was there for a few days on the jury and Lex was still feeling bitter enough about it, or even more bitter that Rob admitted what a mistake it was AFTER Lex was gone?

Just because Lex is still mad at Rob doesn't mean they haven't had a chance to talk. Just because you have even a week to talk to someone doesn't mean the issue is resolved. It's not like Lex felt a burning hatred for him, but no, the conflict wasn't resolved. What does it mean? Simply that. The conflict wasn't resolved for the same reason it wasn't resolved on the island. Lex is mad at Rob, and Rob could still be in Loser Lodge and that wouldn't neccesarily change that.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
<---- always thought Lex to be irrational and a hot head

*Base on his morning show comments, if Rob and Amber make it to the final two, we can pretty much count on a vote for Amber

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Okay, some people think Robfadda is the biggest loser for reneging on what was percieved as a "promise", while others see Lex as the biggest hypocrite of all, as he got from Rob, what he himself has been doing the entire game. But, what anyone has failed to discuss is the fact that there are 5 other members at Chappy.....If you can, if you can!

So why could'nt Lex interpret that Rob would save him if he could....if he could. He rationalized it to Lex that the group does'nt agree, so therefore I CAN'T save you....but I tried. I'm sure Rupert, Jenna L., Alicia, Amber, and even Tom realize that Lex is indeed the biggest threat to the Happy Chappy Alliance.....Lex completely assumed that Rob was king and what he says goes.....BAD TO ASSUME. He totally discounted and underestimated every other player over at Chappy. Lex made all of these assumptions while he was still in the drivers seat...before he made the decision to boot Jerri, instead of Amber. And he had the odacity to blame it all on Kathy. IMHO, Lex was a serious Loser and was completely taken in blindly by Rob. More power to Robfadda in that he was successful in getting rid of his biggest threat that was'nt in any of his alliances.....Yeah Lex, I'm going to spare you so you can do to me what you've done to Hatch, Colby, Ethan, and Jerri. Lex made his bed, now go lie in it......one thing is really for certain though. If Robfadda miracuously makes it to final 2, he will not be recieving a vote from spoil sport, sore loser Lex.

04-10-04, 09:06 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Excellent point Flower. Couldn't agree with you more. Did you see Lex on this morning's early show? I expected him to be on to redeem himself a little after yesterday, but instead he made an ##### out of himself with contradictory statements like "It was business with Colby, Ethan and Jerry, but friendship with Rob"....Oh, so when it's convenient for YOU to call it business it's okay? What an idiot. I'm starting to like him less and less. Oh AND he said if the ball was in his court at this TC, HE would have voted off ROB! Man, what a hypocritical cry baby.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-10-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "The Big Red Flag"
Agree, that last comment "if you can, if you can", was the warning flag and Lex should have noted it.

A Slicey original

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SouperStar Click to send private message to SouperStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Moron on Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-04 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

>(Lex)totally discounted and underestimated every other player over at Chappy. Lex
>made all of these assumptions while he was still in the drivers seat...before he made
>the decision to boot Jerri, instead of Amber. And he had the odacity to
>blame it all on Kathy. IMHO, Lex was a serious Loser and was completely taken
>in blindly by Rob. More power to Robfadda in that he was successful in getting
>rid of his biggest threat that was'nt in any of his alliances.....Yeah Lex, I'm going
>to spare you so you can do to me what you've done to Hatch, Colby,
>Ethan, and Jerri. Lex made his bed, now go lie in it.

Amen!
Just because your tribe forgot to pack their brains, doesn't mean that the other tribe did the same. No, I don't think that the HappyChappies are rocket scientists, but they are playing the game as it happens. Pre-merge, you vote off people who are pains (GreatestPlayerToNeverWin_squared and Sue(she'd have been gone in the next vote)) who can't help win challenges. When the merge comes, you vote off threats (Lex). Pre-merge, you don't vote off threats (Rich, Colby, Ethan) to keep weak pains (ShiiAnn, Jerri). And when faced with two conflicting alliances, you always pick the sure thing.
Correct strategy = Robfaddah staying with the Chappies and booting Lex.
Wrong strategy = Lex booting his strongest ally, Jerri, and hoping that the Robfaddah stays true to his hedged word while you are worrying that he won't.

On TES recrap that was on this morning, Lex said "the only ones playing the game were Rob and me." While you may have been playing the game, you weren't playing well.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-04, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Moron on Early Show"
Lex showed all future players how to play the game and be guaranteed to lose everytime.He came up with the perfect plan for the perfect loser.RedBeard

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-12-04, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
Rob approaches Lex in a very somber mood to tell him that he can't help him at all. Was Rob sincere in his confessional where he was very smarmy or when he approached Lex? Once again we are missing the complete picture. What did Rupert, Jenna and Tom have to say? There we will find our answer to why Lex was chosen about SA.

This is the question I'd like to ask Lex: What did your tribe do to the opposing tribe when you merged?

DRONES

RebelYell 152 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RebelYell Click to send private message to RebelYell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
After having been pretty down the middle about Lex and accepting him for who he is, I'm really starting to see a lot of signs that he's not living in the same world as the rest of us. I think he's not very good at being deceptive and, in a word, I believe he's basically a liar.
Think about it: The tattoos, the contradictions in emotions (you should be understanding and my friend when I vote you off, but I don't need a friend like you who votes me off) ... it's all a cover for who he really is.

At the same time, I do think he means well. It's just his nature to not tell the truth while seeming to be completely forthcoming.

He's just an unusual person full of contradictions. I really can't imagine he's ever been good at anything competitive. He's always been an outcast, I'd guess, and that has kept him from being very good at anything.
That would explain his lack of savvy when it comes to playing this game and then gripping so tightly to what little power he had ... Then when it comes down to a big decision like "Jerri or Amber," he claims he left the decision up to Kathy.

He ranks ahead of "The Bachelor" as my "Idiot of the Month."

Shuque 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-13-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shuque Click to send private message to Shuque Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Lex on Early Show"
The more I see Lex’s true colors, the less I like him, and I really believe that it’s Boston Rob who’s better off without being friends with this guy.

He’s definitely a hypocrite who holds others to a different standard than himself, and in both seasons he’s been on the show, he’s shown he can be vindictive as well as narcissistic.

Hypocrite:

1. Claims the game is all business when he votes off friends who put their trust in him and claims it’s about friendship and backstabbing when he gets voted off.
2. Take's a cheap shot at Ethan when he votes him off by stating that he hopes Ethan can loose with class and then does the exact opposite when he gets voted out.

Narcissistic / Vindictive:

1.In his interviews since last week’s show, he’s taken repeated cheap shots at Rob (who he claims was his friend) out of childish spitefulness. I’ve read quotes of him calling Rob a “despicable scoundrel”, someone who he does not want to be friends with as well as trying to hurt Rob by claiming that Rob would call him crying when he had women problems.
2. Blames Rob for his losing the game when his decisions/mistakes in playing the game are what cost him.
3. Even now after having had a lot of time to reflect on the game he can’t admit that Rob played the best game (of what we’ve seen so far).
4. The whole witch hunt in Survivor Africa that led to Kelly getting voted out.

Let me finish this by saying that Lex is a control freak who will try to tear down anyone who stands up to him. He wanted Rob to break all his prior alliances and in so doing put his destiny in Lex’s hands. Make no mistake about it, Lex would have eliminated Boston Rob ASAP and would be singing that familiar tune he was singing before the merge…”It’s all business, no friends this time blah, blah, blah.”. Instead, he’s now bad mouthing Rob to America and trying to hurt Rob’s (significant) ego.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •