The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RC and IC web promo -- Part 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RC and IC web promo -- Part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-04 AT 02:41 PM (EST)

Please continue analysis/discussion in this thread due to the length of the earlier thread. Caps and voiceover, again:

Voice Over Transcript

VO: Survivor, Thursday, the tribes finally merge...
Jenna: Yessss!
VO: ...with unexpected consequences.
VO: Plus, the Robfather made a sacred vow to protect Lex. But to him...
Rob: You guys didn't really believe that did ya?
VO: ... a promises means nothing.
Lex: It's about getting a knife in the back.
Rob: You wanna put our friendship on the line, I will.
Kathy: It's brutal.
VO: And it's the most difficult underwater challenge in Survivor history.
JP: Fatigue is setting in.
VO: With double immunity up for grabs
JP: Two people will be safe from the vote.
Amber: Ohhhhhhhhh.

ETA: (2:45 pm) There seems to be a temporary problem with the SFever links -- their homepage is down. Hopefully the pics will come back up shortly.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2 okaloosajohn 04-06-04 1
   RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2 LeftPinky 04-06-04 13
 RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2 pinchy 04-06-04 2
   RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2 Flowerpower 04-06-04 3
       RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2 pinchy 04-06-04 4
 ..and the PIP caps from SFever... Brownroach 04-06-04 5
 What's Left to Spoil Get Bent 04-06-04 6
   RE: What's Left to Spoil emydi 04-06-04 7
   RE: What's Left to Spoil pinchy 04-06-04 8
 Is this Lex? Brownroach 04-06-04 9
   RE: Is this Lex? Flowerpower 04-06-04 10
       RE: Is this Lex? Brownroach 04-06-04 11
           RE: Is this Lex? Flowerpower 04-06-04 12
               Rup/Jenna/Amber pmspml5 04-07-04 14
                   RE: New Twist? zombiebaby 04-07-04 15
               RE: Is this Lex? FrogPrincess 04-07-04 16
                   Double Reward? pinchy 04-07-04 18
               RE: Is this Lex? Brownroach 04-07-04 17
                   RE: Is this Lex? emydi 04-07-04 20
                   RE: Is this Lex? Flowerpower 04-07-04 21
 RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2 Created4LIfe 04-07-04 19
 Possible "Congrats" Package, Sent P... CRyanShort 04-07-04 22
 Here's the RC, from the Early Show! udg 04-08-04 23
   RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... Crash Thompson Jr 04-08-04 24
   RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... emydi 04-08-04 25
       RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... okaloosajohn 04-08-04 26
       RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... Brownroach 04-08-04 27
           RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... emydi 04-08-04 28
               RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... cdlafl 04-08-04 29
                   RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... emydi 04-08-04 31
   RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... SurvivorMack 04-08-04 30
       RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... emydi 04-08-04 32
           RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... atimberger1 04-08-04 33
               RE: Here's the RC, from the Early S... emydi 04-08-04 34
   Red herring cap? udg 04-08-04 35
       RE: Red herring cap? KObrien_fan 04-08-04 36
           RE: Red herring cap? pmspml5 04-08-04 37
           RE: Red herring cap? Brownroach 04-08-04 38
       RE: Red herring cap? emydi 04-08-04 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-06-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2"
So now that we KNOW there are two challenges, frames 32-36 must be of the RC. And it would appear that Rupert has a slight lead for Mogo Mogo. But he's quite a bit further out of the water than Lex and so his lead should be increasing...my money's on Rubert and the Mogo's winning this RC.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-06-04, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2"
But if the Mogos win, why do Amber (still a Chappy) and Jenna (now a Mogo)have on new sarongs? They wouldn't be on the same tribe... Could this be an individual challenge with a "take a loser along" reward?

created by the amazing JSlice!

pinchy 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-06-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2"
next question:

Tribal RC and then merge?

Merge, individual RC overnight reward?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2"
See previous thread pinchy...tribal RC then two tribes gather for the IC, they merge, then they are told about the double immunity up for grabs and then they have the IC. See the vidcaps above and in the other thread...

04-06-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinchy Click to send private message to pinchy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2"
WEll then, what's left to spoil?

old Chapera wins reward (obviously?)

Rupert wins IC and gives the 2nd to Jenna L? (my choice)
Rupert and Rob win immunity (1st and 2nd)?
Rupert and Lex?
Rob and Lex?

any other possiblities?

04-06-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "..and the PIP caps from SFever..."

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "What's Left to Spoil"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-04 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

This topic I could also post on the Double Immunity thread, but I feel it is better suited here.

To answer your question of What's left to spoil.

What is up with this vid cap?

This is most likely before the IC. Why would Jiffy place one (or both?) of the Immunity Necklaces (IN1, IN2) on the pole behind Tom?

Does it signify that the new MM and the new Chapera will each get one? The placement of IN1 (and IN2?) seems very odd to me.

-----
Edited to add discussion #2.

And what are the circles (with flags in middle) to the L and R of this vid cap?

I would think that the circles have something to do with Immunity. I doesn't make sence that it is just to assist with the lining up of the old tribes just before the Merge. The different colored tribal mats do that. Maybe that is where the IN1 and IN2 are hung?

Just trying to find something interesting to discuss on this episode. And these vid caps may be telling us something. Or not.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What's Left to Spoil"
GB

Good catch, I've been looking at the sarongs and jewelry and not focusing on the outer edges of the group vidcap.

I believe the circle with pole and flag inside them is where the IIs are placed (see behind Tom) The first two to make it to the circle and grab the IIs are the winners.

I dont think an II is given away based on the bball commercial last nite in which VO says:

"For the FIRST time, double immunity is UP FOR GRABS"

Not "there will be double immunity" and double immunity was done last season with Lil and Burton (who gave his won immunity to Rupert)

With that said, I believe Lex will gnaw scratch and dig to get to one of those II necklaces. I think the other one goes to Rupert or Rob. Rupert is known to be able to hold his breath for a long time and Rob is just too good in the water. But Lex will go all out. Kathy and Shii will try but to no avail.

emydi

04-06-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
8. "RE: What's Left to Spoil"
the flags and IN poles are odd, not sure if there's anything to it though. I'm also noticing the positioning of folks just as they are about to merge and be told about the IC (?)

They are still standing as the tribes from last time
Lex is distancing himself from Kathy
Rupert is standing close to Tom and Jenna
Tom is closest to Rob
Alicia is standing out in front by herself (not a good sign IMO, or is it?)

As far as the IC goes, Rupert can hold his breath for an incredibly long time if that is the main challenge.

04-06-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
9. "Is this Lex?"

What does he have around his head? It looks much bigger than the goggles in the other caps.

04-06-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is this Lex?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-04 AT 06:18 PM (EST)

It looks like Lex with the scuba mask on, probably fishing over at Chappy with Rupert's sling.

ETA: This could be an old clip though!

04-06-04, 06:23 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Is this Lex?"
Okay I'll buy that.

Still confused about something: if we accept that all the non-goggle caps are from the RC, and if the RC is before the merge (i.e. a tribal challenge), how do we get two people on the platform here?

One person should be sitting out from Mogo Mogo at the start. If it's an elimination challenge and one round is over, there should be three people on the platform.

So maybe the RC is also post merge?

04-06-04, 08:40 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Is this Lex?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-04 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

Well, perhaps the merge could be pre RC, but...the picture of the Survivors on the beach with their buffs scattered in front of them, when the flag pole is behind Big Tom, and it also shows Lex hugging Rupert at that time as well, and where Rob has a blue buff on his forearm and a green buff under his hat....I think that is when they merge....but, we see Amber and Jenna in sarongs in that pic, as well as Rupert and Amber wearing pearl necklaces..which I would ASSume were obtained on the RC reward.

So perhaps this vidcap with the two girls sitting out is during the second heat...one person already sitting out the challenge from the new mogos, and one person already eliminated in the first heat????

Edited to add does anyone know where the link went for all of the old challenges? Sure would like to look the one up that Pasquel won with the diving for shells, then diving for the rock and dragging it to shore....that was for Individual Reward, was it not? I have doubts about this scenario too, BR, I'm questioning if the RC this week is tribal vs. individual as well.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-07-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Rup/Jenna/Amber"
They all seem to be wearing the "skirts" - Also I think that the hugging of Rup and the pics of the necklace are miss direction. I am starting to wonder if he even wins immunity at all.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New Twist?"
Could it be that they have merged under the blue buffs but also retain their orignal tribal status? Thus the double immunity would be for the 1st place winner from each tribe. So Rob could still win immunity for New Mogos and Lex could win for new New Chaperas but they all still vote as one tribe for the bootee. Wasn't there a picture of Rob wearing the blue buff on his arm and the green buff under his hat in one picture? I need to go find that picture!

FrogPrincess 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-07-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FrogPrincess Click to send private message to FrogPrincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is this Lex?"
FP-

If you follow the link at the top of the original message and go to post #46, you'll find this from BR:

Rock Bottom (S4 Ep10)
Description: The Survivors compete in four separate heats to win the reward. In the first heat, all seven Survivors must dive below the surface of the ocean to retrieve only six giant shells, scattered about the ocean floor. The Survivor who does not resurface with a shell is out of the game. In the second heat the six Survivors have only five shells to retrieve. In the third heat only five Survivors remain and only four shells are left to collect. In the final heat, the remaining four Survivors must dive below the surface to find a 40-pound rock and carry it back to shore. The first person to transport their rock across the finish line wins.
Winner Gets: A private cruise and feast for two.
Winner: Paschal

So, yes, it was individual, but he got to take someone with him. if it's tribal why are jenna and amber both wearing sarongs when they are on different tribes. if it is individual ... how did amber or jenna beat everyone else? i think rupe could have gotten his necklace from jenna.

SUMMARY: IMO i think it's individual and somehow jenna wins and takes amber ... b/c she got 2nd? b/c she wants to talk to her about the Rob/Amber/Jenna/Rupe alliance? or just b/c they are buds?

FrogP

"We got an overweight, gay, naked man walking around, and no one seems to let it bother them" :-D

04-07-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
18. "Double Reward?"
Maybe, just maybe, Rupert and Rob win reward and take Amber and Jenna with, IF the RC is individual. I'm not sold on this, but I can't think of anything else. It's possiblbe for Amber to win RC, but I can't see Jenna winning much in the way of strength or endurance (IF individual RC). This would explain the sarongs and necklaces (is Rob wearing a necklace too, or is that the one he's been wearing?)

04-07-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Is this Lex?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-04 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

one person already sitting out the challenge from the new mogos, and one person already eliminated in the first heat????

But Fp, I'm saying that if the challenge is tribal, one person from each tribe would be eliminated after the first heat. There would be three people on the platform, Mogo Mogo's sitter-outer plus the first two eliminated.

I don't see any way to have two people there if the challenge is tribal. The sitter-outer can't be back on shore, because everyone else is accounted for in the diving picture.

ETA: Is it possible that the sarongs and necklaces are just gifts that arrive with the tree-mail? It seems weird to me that they would be part of an overnight-stay reward. And I don't see how either Jenna or Amber would win a difficult underwater challenge -- I still think Rupert is carrying his crate to the finish line to win that challenge.

My feeling is that both RC and IC must follow the merge.

Edited again: flowerpower, BlowByBlow's challenge summary page is here:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvworld/survivorchallenges.shtml

04-07-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Is this Lex?"

My feeling is that both RC and IC must follow the merge.

Oh no, here we go again....

But couldn't the first heat be 4-4 with Alicia sitting out for new Mogo and then Shii be the first one that doesn't get a shell for new Chappy? Hence the photo of Shii and Alicia sitting out with the other 7 diving in? (i know, i know, not enuf time for that many heats)

But in this VC after the sarongs and jewelry are given out, they are standing on green and red mats still and buffs are on the ground afte Probst says: "drop your buffs"

And here they are in different clothes and Kathy has red buff on her arm and Ambuh and Shii's buffs are doctored BLUE :

I think this VC with new Chaps is when they enter for group RC and the first VC is when they arrive for IC, they merge, and find out double II is up for grabs and Jenna says "YESSSS"

emydi
to BR, I think its a special 2-hour Survivor this week!

04-07-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Is this Lex?"
No doubt about it, I follow your logic BR.....just don't know, and thanks for the link. I must admit this smells like an individual challenge to me to....don't know how they would run it as tribal reward....I wonder since there is double immunity, if there could be double reward winners, who each get to take another tribemate???? Just a little more food for thought! Perhaps Robfadda and Rupert win reward and invite Jenna and Amber along.

Created4LIfe 59 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Created4LIfe Click to send private message to Created4LIfe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: RC and IC web promo -- Part 2"
Here is what goes on tonight. Hopefully this hasn't already been espoused in another post.

Yes, there are two individual immunities. What has not been said on the promos yet makes sense with the disparity of red, green, and blue buffs is this.

Each tribe will have one member that gains immunity. Both tribes will go to tribal council to vote off one of their own, afterwhich, the tribes will merge into a tribe of seven.

Thus, your jury is taken from seven to five.

It is really very simple. The discussion between Rob, Kathy, and Lex is about Rob's instruction to Amber to take out Lex or Kathy.

Created4Life

CRyanShort 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CRyanShort Click to send private message to CRyanShort Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Possible "Congrats" Package, Sent Pre-RC"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-04 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

What if before the RC, each tribe receives a basket of goodies along with Tree Mail, and that basket contains the sarongs, necklaces, etc.? This "congratulations" package could indirectly tell the tribes they are merging, and like the "body" paint last episode, the survivors could get decked out before they go to the RC. Then, at the RC, JP merges them, and we have our first individual battle...

Thoughts?

ETA: Oops. BR got to this idea first in an above thread. In that case, I think BR's a genius! Haha. That's what I get for not refreshing my browser while at work...

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
It's the last paragraph.

Host Jeff Probst explained it as follows: “All nine of you will start out on float platform. On my go, all nine of you will dive down and retrieve one of seven pots. The two without a pot will be eliminated. We’ll work our way from nine tribe members to seven, to five, until we are left with only three. We’ll move to a final round. The three remaining tribe members must transport the heavily weighted crate from the ocean to the shore. The first person to cross the finish line with their crate wins the reward.”

---
UDG

Crash Thompson Jr 63 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to send private message to Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
Sounds like a pre-RC merge, I guess.

04-08-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
Thanks UDG, I was just looking for that

Well, BR, you were right, it's an individual reward.

I think Rupert wins it and is able to take two people on the overnite stay. He takes Jenna, his girl, and Amber, because she was in Chappy alone, and bc she is still in the game. That's why the three of them are the ones with jewels and sarongs here:

emydi

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-08-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
What if the winner of the RC has the option to give it away?

Maybe Rupert wins and gives it to Jen and Ambuh and they bring him back a fancy new necklace in gratitude...

That could be a very strategic move.

Frankly, if I were one of the suvivors right now, I wouldn't want to leave my fellow tribemates. Too much opportunity for someone to plot my demise! <g>

04-08-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
And Flowerpower was right that the breath-holding is a separate event: the IC. The RC only consists of retrieving pots and the crates.

It's still weird though -- do they have the RC while the tribes are still separate, but with individual winners, as a prelude to the merge, then "officially" merge later?

Well...Rupie wins, whatever the deal is, so I guess I won't bother with the semantics anymore.

04-08-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
BR,

I was thinking the same thing. Those colored mats that theyre standing on and Rob's green buff under his hat and blue buff on his arm in the group VC that I posted in 25 above seems to mean that they are not officially merged yet until they get to IC.

emydi
Its now FP 1, BR 1, who will win the tie breaker and not pick the PURPLE rock??

cdlafl 26 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cdlafl Click to send private message to cdlafl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
phoenix site has vidcaps of the early show up...since we know there will be three crates...one green, one red, the other should be yellow...one of the last vidcaps has a pic of a castaway carrying the yellow crate...we know rupe's got the red and lex has the green...the yellow looks to be carried by tom??...it is male and they have dark shorts on...to me, it looks as if the race is between tom, lex and rupe for reward, but who part takes in the reward???...also, jenna and amber aren't the only one's in sarongs...so is rupe...

04-08-04, 12:12 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
So it's yellow for Saboga... Last tribal challenge, maybe? but an individual wins it

Rupert is the winner and he takes Jenna and Amber and they all get Saronged (but not Pagonged, that's for the old MOGOS)

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S8E10ESpromo/S8E10ESpromo32

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S8E10ESpromo/S8E10ESpromo33

Hmmm this looks like Tom the only other one it appears it could be is Rob (it looks like the person has no shirt on-but Rob's shorts are red -He likes RED

It possibly could be Kathy in a light colored shirt? whaddya think?

But how are Tom and Kathy both on the beach, Tom in his green buff?Is this from another episode?

emydi

SurvivorMack 30 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorMack Click to send private message to SurvivorMack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 12:04 PM (EST)

Long time lurker, first time poster. Figured I would share this observation...

"We’ll move to a final round. The three remaining tribe members must transport the heavily weighted crate from the ocean to the shore. The first person to cross the finish line with their crate wins the reward.”

It looks like Rupert, Lex, and Tom are the best educated guesses for who the final three are...

Rupert is shown carrying one crate, while it appears as if Lex's tattooed arm is shown in the background with the green box.

In this pic, it looks like Big Tom is the final person up for reward. Notice the large frame and blue shorts, which he is seen wearing in other vidcaps...

There appears to be a yellow, red, and green crate. It doesn't appear as if it matters for the challenge though, as Rupert is carrying red (originally Chapera colors) and Tom is carrying yellow (originally Saboga colors).

The only thing that throws this off is the following pic:

If these are the first few round losers cheering the final three on on the beach, Tom appears in the pic. This could be a group shot reacting the news of the merge though, as no one looks wet, which they would had to have been after just getting out of the water.

Oh well. My pick for reward winner: Rupert (shown out in the lead possibly).

EDIT: Whoops! Looks like someone beat me to this while I was typing. Sorry for the double post.

04-08-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
MACK

Welcome, keep posting, you're good!

You did a much better job by posting the photos. I think it is Tom too, I think the cheering on beach VCap may be from another episode now or from some other part of tonite's episode.

emydi

atimberger1 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail atimberger1 Click to send private message to atimberger1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
the cheering on beach is definitely either last week or this week, bc tom has a green buff on his head. Perhaps Tom is in before rupert. Ha who am I kidding that'll never happen.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

04-08-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Here's the RC, from the Early Show!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

Host Jeff Probst explained it as follows: “All nine of you will start out on float platform. On my go, all nine of you will dive down and retrieve one of seven pots. The two without a pot will be eliminated. We’ll work our way from nine tribe members to seven, to five, until we are left with only three. We’ll move to a final round. The three remaining tribe members must transport the heavily weighted crate from the ocean to the shore. The first person to cross the finish line with their crate wins the reward.”

I dont think that Tom would finish before Rupe and Lex bc its a race btw 3 to win the reward--

Rupert-hauls in RED

Lex-hauls in GREEN

TOM??ROB??KATHY??AMBUH??-hauls in YELLOW

The photo on the beachs:

Have Kathy, Alicia, Tom (big smile), Jenna (jumping up and down) and Shii (clapping)

hmmmm...It looks so much like TOm in the water from the morning show, I still think the beach VCAPs are not from the RC challenge but from the Immunity challenge and they've made Tom's BLUE buff GREEN

emydi

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Red herring cap?"
We seem to have Tom in two places at once. First, we have him standing on the sand, cheering in the caps from the web promo:

Buff color, location, etc indicate that this is from the final stage of the RC.

Then we have this image from the Early Show.

This looks like Tom during the final stage of the RC as well.

One of these pictures is misdirection, and I think it's the underwater one.

Sometimes, while Jiffy is explaining a challenge, they have a faceless "stunt double" act out parts of it for the viewing audience who is too dense to follow along without the assistance. During the clip (which can be viewed on the Early Show website), they show a clip of the contestants during round one, then they flip to Jeff, then they show the crate, and finally, they show this largish, faceless man carrying the crate. Maybe the man is just the extra they have showing how the challenge works, rather than being Tom, who looks remarkably similar when you can't see his face.

---
UDG

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Red herring cap?"
Well think about it, really. If Rupert and Lex are 2 of the guys hauling the heavy crates are we really naive enough to believe that Rob who has dominated these challenges wouldn't have gotten a vase and be in the finals over Big Tom and the girls? It seems awful fishy to me.

I think that it is classic misdirection and that Rob is the third guy. I still think Rupert wins reward though, but does he give the overnight to the girls, or keep it and take Jenna and Amber with him?

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Red herring cap?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 03:05 PM (EST)

The only way I see Tom getting to the final round is if when they dive for the vases (or whatever they are) Tom gets lucky and dives ontop of one. I do think Rupert has been playing his strengths down on purpose. So do I think Rupert could beat Rob - yes - and Lex has to be hungry for a win.

Edited to add:

I think that is why Jenna - who is a weaker swimmer than Alicia (I am guessing this sence she practically had to ride on the raft in ep1 and had to come back up for air in the boat IC) gets to the second round.

Some of this challenge will be luck the strength comes in the last round.

04-08-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Red herring cap?"
I'd buy the stunt double theory.

The only thing "wrong" with the cheerleader cap is that everyone's hair does look remarkably dry. But the challenges do take much longer than the impression we get from the editing. There might be a significant recess between each leg to give the contestants time to catch their breath. Plus, if the ejectees are eventually boated back to shore, the wind would dry their hair somewhat. So I guess it's possible...

04-08-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Red herring cap?"
One of these pictures is misdirection, and I think it's the
underwater one.

Maybe the man is just the extra they have showing how the challenge works, rather than being Tom, who looks remarkably
similar when you can't see his face.

UDG-- I like this a lot.

My guess that the beach vcaps were doctored doesn't hold true bc Shii has a red buff around her wrist.

I also think that the third person carrying the YELLOW crate in is Rob because he has been so strong in the challenges.

emydi

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •