The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The size of the Jury, Jeff Probst ommision?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dav8515 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-04-04, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dav8515 Click to send private message to dav8515 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The size of the Jury, Jeff Probst ommision?"
Did anyone else notice how Jeff Probst stated at the immunity challege that the winning tribe would have a 1 in 9 chance of winning survivro all-stars "but" he didnt state that they would be members of the jury. He always has stated that in the past. Just a curious observation

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The size of the Jury, Jeff Prob... Lightmage81 04-04-04 1
   RE: The size of the Jury, Jeff Prob... RyrieRae 04-04-04 2
       Agreed. Spidey 04-04-04 3
           Agreed & another view of F2 EMT135 04-05-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The size of the Jury, Jeff Probst ommision?"
If I am not mistaken, the immediate bootee post-merge is not part of the jury. I suggest that this is not the case this time round. He just ommitted that info.

In order to avoid a tie at the end. The jury has to have an odd number of people.

There are currently 9 survivors left, minusing the final 2, will leave the normal jury size of 7.

It is unlikely that MB would want an even jury size, neither would it be feasible to have a jury of just 5 members.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The size of the Jury, Jeff Probst ommision?"
To announce a jury also announces a merge, and I think he is trying to keep that little secret tucked away.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Agreed."
I think he will wait until the merge is official to congratulate the players on nmaking the jury.

I don't have the link handy, but a fellow poster(s) has reported that Jiffy (or MB?) has specifically stated the jury is the normal size of 7.

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-04, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMT135 Click to send private message to EMT135 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Agreed & another view of F2"
I agree with what others have said. I think either a jury of 9 or 7 would work, but 5 would be too small. Since we're already past 9, it looks like 7 will be it.

I can't help but wonder about the outcome. It seems fair that in previous seasons, the jury's vote was absolute. Since this is the all-star edition, I think it would be very interesting to let the jury vote and THEN award the player(s) whose average position for BOTH seasons is the highest.

The problem is that there could be ties. For me, however, it would be a much more accurate way to determine who consistently placed well.

EMT

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •