The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
This morning on the Early Show they had the Tagi Four, sans Kelly. Bryant Gumbal said that Kelly was sick and unable to do public appearances today....which could explain her quietness last night.

Personally, I know this probably an unpopular opinion--I am glad that Sue said what she did. And I do not think that Kelly deserved to make it as far as she did. Rich was truly 'playing the game,' Rudy was always up-front and honest, and those 2 should have been the final 2, with Sue 3rd. Even Sue stayed true to herself.

As for Kelly--she was wishy-washy and 2-faced the majority of the time on the island. Yes, she remembered great detail about people, but then she turned right around and lied to their faces about alliances, voting strategies, friendships, etc. She was the girl in high school who did whatever it took to be in with the popular clique, but yet she talked about them behind their backs. She was found out. She wouldnt' have won even if Sue hadn't spoken out. The only vote that we KNOW that was changed for her was Colleen's--and she did that based on emotions in the moment.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... hopen4rudy 08-24-00 1
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... nyugrrl 08-24-00 2
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... Laney 08-24-00 3
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... outlast 08-24-00 4
   RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... DivaRachel 08-24-00 6
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... triwhale 08-24-00 5
   RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... Mr Howell 08-24-00 7
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... Irisheyes 08-24-00 8
   RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... Mr Howell 08-24-00 9
       RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... Irisheyes 08-24-00 13
           RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... kathemw 08-25-00 19
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... mcclels 08-24-00 10
   RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... finner 08-24-00 12
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... rastys 08-24-00 11
   RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... cowboyroo 08-24-00 14
       RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... DivaRachel 08-25-00 16
   RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... DivaRachel 08-25-00 15
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... bvmillard 08-25-00 17
 RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... Laney 08-25-00 18
   RE: Kelly too sick to do public app... kathemw 08-25-00 20
   RE: Laney Vampkira 08-25-00 21
       RE: Laney Laney 08-25-00 22
           RE: Laney AyatollahKhomeini 08-25-00 23
               RE: Laney qwkslvr 08-27-00 25
               As alway, you are on target. dangerboy 08-27-00 26
           RE: Laney NTK 08-25-00 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

hopen4rudy 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hopen4rudy Click to send private message to hopen4rudy Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
What do you mean "Kelly did not deserved to make it as far as she did"

Kelly DESERVED it more that anyone, it was called immunity, and Kelly won it 4 times in a row.... sure she deserved it.

I'm not a Kelly fan, but I think you are wrong to say she did not deserve it.

CONGRATULATIONS TO RICH...

nyugrrl 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nyugrrl Click to send private message to nyugrrl Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
I don't at all think what Sue did had any class and it really made her look pathetic. On the other hand, Sue did have something interesting to say -- I'm honestly not 100% sure that it was also said on the show or not, but on the official CBS Survivor Website, in the section where the episode summary is, there is a little video clip from Sue and she talks about how duplicitous Kelly really was. It was about how Kelly tried to get Sue and Colleen to vote for Sean when Gervase was voted off. Sue actually voted for Gervase, as did Sean, but not all of the votes were shown. The last vote for Gervase was never read by Jeff - it was Sean's vote. Kelly's duplicity was revealed after TC when Sean said to Sue that he was surprised that Jeff didn't show his vote for "Target". Sue saw Kelly, on the other hand, telling Colleen that Jeff didn't show her vote for Sean. Kelly was definitely trying to play both sides and it did backfire. Though the former Pagongs (with the exception of Greg) didn't want to give the million to Rich who had been openly plotting against them since day 1, her former Tagi Alliance members felt she wasn't loyal to anyone and that ended up costing her the million. I am no way a fan of Rich, but I understand how he won even after Kelly never got a single vote against her throughout the show.

Laney 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-24-00, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laney Click to send private message to Laney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Sue was two-faced also. Her & Kelly had a plan to take Rich off. All the while Sue pretended like she was Rich's best buddy "Suzie Q"

outlast 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail outlast Click to send private message to outlast Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Kelly "just like those people in high school"

so in other worlds, Kelly "who is just like a lot of us"

and I wonder if Kelly just wasn't emotionally recovered from being blasted by Sue. Sure the actual speech was said months ago, but it still had to hurt finally seeing it aired.

DivaRachel 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-00, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaRachel Click to send private message to DivaRachel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
>and I wonder if Kelly just
>wasn't emotionally recovered from being
>blasted by Sue.

Good! Maybe Kelly can look into herself and admit her deeds. Every 1 else did, but Kelly's still proclaiming her innocence, like she wasn't really a TA, like she really wanted to be friends with every 1 and want to know them personally. Whatever. Those dumb Pagongs prolly still think she was genuine.

>ago, but it still had
>to hurt

good.

triwhale 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triwhale Click to send private message to triwhale Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Too sick indeed, it's called "I-can't-believe-I-threw-away-a-million-bucks-itis"!

Mr Howell 4 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Howell Click to send private message to Mr%20Howell Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Come on people, remember it's a GAME. Kelly is a 23 year old river rafter, not Satan incarnate. How many other 23 yr. olds do you think could have made it as far as she did? Yeah, yeah, she's in the alliance, she's not in the alliance, she's your friend, she stabs you in the back. Whatever... She was no sleazier than anyone else in the alliance, she just seemed to have a conscience about it. Sure, she was wishy-washy, but she did outplay and outlast, no matter how she got there. I'm having a hard time understanding the vicousness that's being bandied about on the boards about her. She did screw up her final statement, but again, she's a kid, not some 39 year old arrogant, con artist.

I wish that I could believe that Rich suffered some remorse by leaving Rudy to hang on to the idol in the IC but I'm sure that's not the case. And nice comment he tossed to Greg about Greg's sister last night during the reunion. Did any of the castaways give Rich ##### about his alleged child abuse during the reunion? No, they for the most part, showed some class and restraint. Just goes to show Rich's true colors - which he never hid in the first place. Very lame comment.

Sue, who I was rooting for before she presented her little soliliquy, is vile. She hung herself from securing any future endorsements, as I'm sure has been posted here many times today.

Give Kelly a break, she did the best she could under amazingly extreme circumstances. I'd like to see how any of us would fare in the same situation.

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-00, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
With all of Kelly's past criminal activities, she was bound to be asked about them. That's probably why she pleaded sick.
To say she has a conscience? Where was that when she stole a credit card and spent almost $600. No, she was a back stabber, whiny, and too wishy washy, with no conscience. At least with the other three, you knew exactly what you were going to get.

Mr Howell 4 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Howell Click to send private message to Mr%20Howell Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Hey, Irisheyes, ever do anything wrong or stupid when you were a kid? Man, what a bunch of judgemental arseholes.

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-00, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
You are 100% correct. I am judgemental, and so are you. You can be the kettle, I'll be the pot.

kathemw 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathemw Click to send private message to kathemw Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
As far as I know, there has been no conviction yet, so to say she's guilty before the matter has been resolved is just not fair. You don't know the circumstances.

mcclels 11 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mcclels Click to send private message to mcclels Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Kelly was suffering from soozinphobia. A dreaded illness where lying, backstabbing, potential criminals, are ripped to shreads by a fed-up victim.

I wish Rudy had won. He was playing the game with his unusual style and deserved the million dollars.

finner 58 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finner Click to send private message to finner Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
I think a big part of the Kelly bashing has to do with her timing. She was gung-ho about the alliance because she knew it kept her safe. The only time she seemed to grow a conscience was when she won immunity. That's the pathetic thing. She knew she was safe so she decided that maybe an alliance wasn't the sportsmanlike thing to do. Had Kelly broken from the alliance earlier and actually voted for a Tagi member, I would have alot more respect for her. As it turned out, the first time she finally voted against team Tagi(Sean), it didn't make a diff because there was only five people left. She tried to hard to straddle the fence but her feet didn't quite reach the ground on either side.
I was routing for Rich from the beginning, and one thing I'll say for him is that he stayed true to himself and his strategy.
Congrats Rich.

rastys 13 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rastys Click to send private message to rastys Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Let me start by saying that I am still a Kelly fan!! She played the game well. All of you that think it was about being "true" to yourself are wrong. It was about WINNING A MILLION BUCKS!! Kelly did everything in her power to do just that.

I don't think that she ever enjoyed the company of the alliance. I mean (lets face it) you have:

Rich...who is by far the most arrogant man alive.

Sue...could she be more annoying?? Redneck GO HOME...YOU LOOSE!!!

And Rudy...the old grump who will never have anything positive to say, and who is STILL wallowing in self pity ("I should've won that million. I let go. Its my own fault.") Damn right skippy. You blew your chance. BUY A LOTTERY TICKET AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Kelly aligned herself with these people to survive. She almost won...you have to admire that!! She is, without a doubt, the winner. After all, she did more than survive on the island..she survived the alliance!!!! GO KELLY!!!!!

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-24-00, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
I totally agree rastys. Kelly was shown having a conscience early into the series. When Gervase beat her in the rafting challenge when there were still two tribes, she said some harsh things after being defeated, but then they showed her go through inner turmoil and realization that she said some bad stuff. She was very sincere with the other castaways, and started her guilt for being in the alliance, not when she got immunity, but immediately following voting off Gretchen, who she claimed as one of the two she wished would have made it to the Final 2, and she remembered the last name of Sonya who was booted on the third day. Do apathetic, backstabbing, people do this. I would think not!

She had no choice but to join the alliance to survive since it was formed while there was a Tagi tribe, and if she didn't, she may have been gone in Dirk's place, especially since she lost the immunity challenge that week.

She didn't vote for Jenna, nor Colleen, and I don't blame her for voting for Sean as many times as she did. He promised repeatedly to take her onto the yacht and dumped her for Rich in the last minute.

And what type of determination does it take to win 5 challenges in a row, and to tolerate living on that island knowing you are the target of all that remain!

Hats off to Kelly. A true Survivor!

08-25-00, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaRachel Click to send private message to DivaRachel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
>And what type of determination does
>it take to win 5
>challenges in a row, and

when you have little competiton, its pretty easy.

08-25-00, 10:02 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
> I
>don't think that she ever
>enjoyed the company of the
>alliance.

so what? She still joined them of her own free will. She grew a concience and then backstabbed her real friends. Where was she when the Pagongs begged her to leave the TA? She could have stopped the TA with an anti-TA, but she wasn't thinking about any 1 but her.

bvmillard 8 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bvmillard Click to send private message to bvmillard Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Amen about Kelly, she did not deserve to be second. She is a backstabbing person, and bragged about it on one of the shows.

08-25-00, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laney Click to send private message to Laney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Re-reading this thread has got me thinking. So, many people on and off the show have said, "Hey, this game is just like real life." I never saw that until now.
There are Kelly's in our lives just as there as Sue's and Rudy's. I can bet you there are many people who went through a "Kelly"/"Wishy-Washy" stage in their younger days. I know I did. I didn't know where I was headed, I'm sure I could have been described as wishy-washy, and sure as heck changed my mind an awful lot. I'm 25 years old... my Kelly stage happened when I was 21.
My point is, just like life-- people in the game Survivor changed! You can call it Back-stabbing, call it whatever you will. But, I saw Sue do an awful lot of back-stabbing herself. She pretended to be the ever faithful redneck to Richie boy while plotting against him. I saw her lie to Jenna.
I think it boils down to what Gretchen said in the Reunion Show--something about Rich being able to detatch himself emotionally from the people around him. Sue wasn't able to do that. Kelly? It's my opinion that she was emotionally involved with Sue, Jenna, Colleen, and Gervase. That's what made the alliance so difficult for her. The fact is NO ONE knows if she was being manipulative or not. We didn't get to see all of the facts. I'm not going to take Sue's word on it alone.
Kelly has been sick suffering from intestinal (sp) parisite--which she was hospitilized for, and from depression. She reportedly cried watching the first episode of Survivor at her home. Wouldn't you be having a hard time if that was you being ripped apart on nationally TV and having it titled by TV Guide one of "TV's Greatest Moments"? Remember your youth and give her a break.

kathemw 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathemw Click to send private message to kathemw Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kelly too sick to do public appearances today"
Here here. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Vampkira 133 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vampkira Click to send private message to Vampkira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Laney"
Two smiley faces! ( web version of two thumbs up )....oops.. that's three....

"Hey, we ARE on a game show!"- Colleen

08-25-00, 09:23 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Laney"
I've had to evaluate why I've gotten so upset over Susan's speech. I love Colleen's quote, "We ARE on a game show!" But, it's also reality TV, and I guess that's where it hits me the hardest. No matter what Kelly has done, I feel so incredibly bad for her. She is not a character on TV, she's a young person with her whole life ahead of her. This speech is going to be spoofed all over the place. She's going to have to see that over and over! I bet you Saturday Night Live on their First Season show this year will do a spoof on it. If Susan ever gets on a TV show (Remember, she wants to be on Drew Carey, and Drew was a big Survivor fan) I bet that show will do a spoof on her speech. It will never go away.

I read on TV Guide Online that Acess Hollywood did an interview with Susan and she said she WOULD help Kelly if she was dying of thirst-- she would even carry her to the hospital if need be. WHY couldn't Susan have said this at The Reunion Show? That would have given me some sense of closure on it. Instead she says it on Acess Hollywood which airs at 1AM here in Wiscosin.

I'm really begining to think Reality TV Sucks! Thanks for letting me rant and rave.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-25-00, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Laney"
<<I read on TV Guide Online that Acess Hollywood did an interview with Susan and she said she WOULD help Kelly if she was dying of thirst-- she would even carry her to the hospital if need be. WHY couldn't Susan have said this at The Reunion Show? >>

Because she doesn't mean it.
Because she doesn't like being vilified in public any more than Kelly did, even if she brought in on herself, so now she wants out.
Because after that speech, she found out that the Final Four are finished as product endorsers.
Because Kelly quite clearly doesn't want anything to do with her or the rest of the TA, and proved it by not showing up for the TV appearances on Thursday.
Because she probably realizes that she cost herself BIG MOOLAH by opening her mouth and confirming what people had only suspected before about her spiteful nature.
... but, most probably, ...
Because she didn't have anyone writing her words for her on The Reunion Show.

qwkslvr 80 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-00, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwkslvr Click to send private message to qwkslvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Laney"
Here's a viewpoint about Susan from an article at http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0008/24/tl.00.html .
"But Susan's resorting to being a child basically, you know, is kind of like na-na-na. That's what she should have said next. You know, she picked up things that would hurt the most. She knew what would hurt Kelly the most, reminding her of that moment when she was the most humiliated, when she was beaten in that test, and here she was a river rafter. And everything she said was awful. It was going to the most childish part of herself, and probably that's how she was, and now she's covered it over with a thin veneer."

Susan is a person that can't take what she dishes out.
In E1 and E3 she made agreements to not vote against Sonja and Stacey and then turned around and did so which resulted in them being voted off.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-00, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "As alway, you are on target."
Hear hear, harumph harumph harumph!
Very good.
I love these smiley faces.

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Laney"
Kelly was the only one at the Reunion Show who seemed to be uncomfortable. Eveyone else seemed pleased with themselves. Hopefully, she will soon be able to appreciate all she accomplished. To be one vote away from a million is a bummer. But, it was astonishing for a 23 year old to hold her own like that.

She could have made different points in her speech. But, she was up against Rich and that was clearly his forte. I liked Sue also, and hated to see her emotional rant. I think both Sue and Kelly were having trouble with the "game" part, and made it more personal. Another advantage for Rich.

Unfortunately for Sue, when they do spoof the Tribal Council speech, Kelly should be able to laugh along with everyone else.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •