The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last Night's Editing and the Past & the Future"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

CRyanShort 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-02-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CRyanShort Click to send private message to CRyanShort Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last Night's Editing and the Past & the Future"
I’ve been lurking for a few months on these boards, and everyone has such great insights to offer! (I lurked not because I’m shy but because that damn anonymous email rule tripped me up. How silly…). That said, if this post seems inappropriately placed or inconsequential, have mercy on me. J

I thought last’s night episode was interesting because the entire episode indirectly discussed or mirrored the previous play of a handful of the players. Yes, because of the nature of All Stars, every episode refers to the past to some degree, but I thought last night’s commentary on previous Survivor experience was especially pronounced. Some notable examples:

~Rob made a bold play with Lex, and Kathy noticed Rob’s Godfather strategy, referring to his game plan from S4.
~Amber and Jerri’s sorority bond from Australia was resurrected and discussed, but only at tribal council.
~Shii Ann and Rupert paired because of their shared singleness as past season representatives.
~Lex once again severed one of his own with a dicey play to get ahead, just as he did in Africa.

Furthermore, and this may just be a product of chance, but the IC of the Grand Survivor Quiz fit perfectly with the tone.

My question for the group is this: based on last night’s editing choices in highlighting the castaway’s previous experiences, what messages or implications do you think MB may be suggesting for the rest of the episodes?

The very first thing I thought after the episode was how seriously afraid every person is of Rob M. Have we seen this kind of genuine fear before in an episode, and not because that feared icon was about to chop off the heads of someone? L/SA/K genuinely feared his wrath. They reminded me of ancient Greeks slaughtering bulls to appease the gods. It's just like S4 for Rob, but this time it's working. Does this fear and reverence reflect on Rob M.’s F2 chances? And what about the others? How does last night’s editing speak about their varied level of success in S8? Discuss!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rob uses A$$'s weaknesses/closet se... Dregar 04-02-04 1
   RE: Rob uses A$$'s weaknesses/close... CRyanShort 04-02-04 2
       Lex = B.Robs first victim after the... Dregar 04-02-04 3
           RE: Lex = B.Robs first victim after... bdemoney 04-02-04 4
               RE: Lex = B.Robs first victim after... CRyanShort 04-02-04 5
           RE: Lex = B.Robs first victim after... redbeard103152 04-02-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Rob uses A$$'s weaknesses/closet secrets against them"
Remember, was it Jeff Varner who said Boston Rob was the one A$$ who crossed the ethcal line more than anyone else!? Well I think we are starting to see this. MB is probably not giving it the edit, but next week we defanantly see Rob conversing with Alicia, creating an alliance and then apologizing to someone, possibly Lex or Alicia about the way they feel about a certain situation. Like VS always says..these players are playing alot on emotions and gut feelings, it is obvious that Rob is just as concerned with saving Amber if not more so than winning the game. Also Remember B. Rob's quote, not verbadem, but "If I win, we'll be spending my million, worse case scenario we'll be spending hers. Very important for Rob to get Amber to final 4 & then final 2. Although B. Rob will remain on the chopping block he should escape the boot at least for now (IMO) by breaking alliances, lying, and persuading different survivors. Lex is the first one who will realize this after the merge.

04-02-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CRyanShort Click to send private message to CRyanShort Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rob uses A$$'s weaknesses/closet secrets against them"
I definitely agree that Lex will be the first victim of Rob, yet I also think it'll be too late for him to do anything about it.

Dregar 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dregar Click to send private message to Dregar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Lex = B.Robs first victim after the merge"
IMO I think Kathy realizes to further her game she would need to attach herself to Amber moreso than Lex..at this point after merge.

Sure Lex helped save Amber but I don't think even if Lex and Jerri voted for Amber Kathy and ShiAnn would not be persuaded.

Lex clearly had to fall in line to prevent being the odd man out.

Same thing that happened to Ethan, Lex is paying for the mistakes he's made in voting off Colby, Ethan and now the cherry on top...or should I say the Jerri on top.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lex = B.Robs first victim after the merge"
Great thoughts, but since this post seems to be specifically dealing with how individuals are being edited I feel you should post this information in the following post instead:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4883.shtml

It is titled After the dissolve, The players, the game, the editing. Then there are not numerous posts on the same subject.

04-02-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Lex = B.Robs first victim after the merge"
I had considered posting there, but that post seemed to be overwhelming in size and quite a bit old, so I didn't. I'm just a newbie. Haha. I'll do such a thing right now. Thanks, BDE!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-02-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lex = B.Robs first victim after the merge"
Lex being the leader of Chapera will find himself on the front line for a boot by Rob. Finally all the chickens from the stupid booting of his teammates will come home to roost and bite Lex in the butt since he has no chance to go on an immunity run to the end of the game.Lex rid his team of all the power players now when they are neded after the merge they will not be able to save him. In my opinion The Gut Stops HereRedBeard

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •