The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Russell Rant and Game Morality"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-10-10, 04:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Russell Rant and Game Morality"

I've been following Survivor since the beginning, and like many, I have come to rationalize most things that happen within the game as being acceptable BECAUSE of the game. However, Russell's insidious comments towards Rupert at the beginning of this last episode has caused me to reanalyze a lot of my thinking in this regard. I asked myself this question: if you were put on an island with other people and there were no laws and no rules, would you still follow some? Does the absence of law or ramification excuse breaking the rules?

You know what? I say NO. I say, the rules would then be even MORE important.

So... HERE... WE... GO...

Russell says, "Rupert, you are such a dumbass."

No, Russell, YOU'RE the DUMBASS, and the funny thing about it is that like a crazy person, everyone sees it but you. You will swear on your kids' life to win. You will do ANYTHING to win. And yet, you CAN'T win. You call Rupert a dumbass, and yet HE gets it 100 times better than you. HE could actually win. He could go on an IC run and make it to the end and win the vote. As unlikely as that is, it is still far better than the chances you have. Don't you see how PATHETIC that is? You are like a child wrestling with adults. You will bite and claw and scream and do whatever it takes to try to win, but it is all USELESS. You're not a villian, dumbass. You are a cautionary tale. You are a court jester. YOU are a joke far worse than Erik or Jamie or James could ever be.

Obviously, I would never swear anything on my kids' lives, and I consider doing so beyond the realm of the game. Does the quest for the million dollars excuse everything? That sounds awfully familiar in these times. Who cares about the rules? I was trying to make money. That's more important than any rules.
I'm sure Russell would say his kids could care less if he swore on their lives in an attempt to win a million dollars that he can't possibly win anyway. Well, that's doubly pathetic. MY kids WILL care. You know why? Because I'M their father, and as crazy as this may sound nowadays, SOME THINGS ARE WORTH MORE THAN A MILLION DOLLARS!

p/o

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Russell Rant and Game Morality   iltarion     05-10-10       
   RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   krismiss2us     05-10-10     1  
   RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Belle Book     05-10-10     2  
   Not Fragile   michel     05-10-10     3  
     RE: Not Fragile   iltarion     05-10-10     4  
         RE: Not Fragile   michel     05-10-10     5  
             RE: Not Fragile   garcor     05-10-10     6  
                 RE: Not Fragile   michel     05-10-10     7  
                     RE: Not Fragile   Spanky68     05-11-10     10  
                         RE: Not Fragile   michel     05-11-10     15  
                             RE: Not Fragile   udg     05-11-10     18  
                                 RE: Not Fragile   michel     05-11-10     19  
   RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   zipperhead     05-11-10     8  
     RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Spanky68     05-11-10     9  
         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   zipperhead     05-11-10     11  
             RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Spanky68     05-11-10     12  
                 RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   michel     05-11-10     17  
     RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Snidget     05-11-10     13  
         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   garcor     05-11-10     14  
         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   krismiss2us     05-11-10     20  
     RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   michel     05-11-10     16  
         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   krismiss2us     05-11-10     21  
         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   zipperhead     05-12-10     22  
             RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   michel     05-12-10     26  
                 RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Wacko Jacko     05-13-10     32  
   RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Tublecane     05-12-10     23  
   RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Tublecane     05-12-10     24  
     RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   michel     05-12-10     25  
         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   krismiss2us     05-12-10     27  
             RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Estee     05-12-10     28  
                 RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   krismiss2us     05-12-10     29  
                     RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   iltarion     05-13-10     30  
                         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   krismiss2us     05-13-10     31  
                         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   michel     05-13-10     33  
                             RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   iltarion     05-14-10     34  
                                 RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   michel     05-14-10     35  
                                 RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Jaxxjack     05-14-10     36  
                                     RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   jbug     05-14-10     37  
                                     RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   michel     05-14-10     40  
                                         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Snidget     05-14-10     41  
                                 RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   zipperhead     05-14-10     38  
     RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   Brownroach     05-14-10     39  
         RE: The Russell Rant and Game Moral...   sportsjoe     05-15-10     42  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •