The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep9 - Not a recrap?!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Reianna 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reianna Click to send private message to Reianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep9 - Not a recrap?!"
Everyone seems to be fooled, because of the title "All Star Redux" (Or so it is listed on Snews) that this is going to be a recrap. I will have to disagaree. I have been lurking these forums for a few seasons, so say what you want because of a post count, but....

First of all, lets look at what the word Redux means. Dictionary.com defines it as

re·dux ( P )(r-dks) adj.
Brought back; returned. Used postpositively

This could mean several things. Firstly, the return of the voted out survivors and they may play in a challenge to come back into the game and make others leave. Or maybe, they will be moving back into 2 tribes again. Or, there could be a challenge, scenario, whatever from earlier episodes.

The definition and a creative mind is not the only thing that supports this, but in my TV guide, it says "The 9th castaway is voted off Survivor All-Stars"

Either a misprint, or it is indeed an actual episode. If it is, look for JERRI to be going bye-bye.

Im out. Comments/thoughts/whatever is appreciated.

-Reianna

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep9 - Not a recrap?! KObrien_fan 03-22-04 1
 Already being discussed... Brownroach 03-22-04 2
 Oh well... Reianna 03-22-04 3
   RE: Oh well... dabo 03-22-04 4
   RE: Oh well... Get Bent 03-22-04 5
       look at that.... shakes the clown 03-22-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep9 - Not a recrap?!"
Welcome to posting, unfortunately this post is most likely to get locked since there are at least 2 threads actively discussing this concept. Please read the guidelines.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Already being discussed..."
...here, here, and here.

Reianna 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reianna Click to send private message to Reianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Oh well..."
Oh well, let it be locked. I said what I had to say.

The grass is always greener on the other side...but then you get there, and its brown and prickley....

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Oh well..."
Welcome to Blows and thanks for your input!
The stuff on the CBS site seems to conclusively indicate that this week's episode is the recrap. In the Amazon they pulled the same trick of not showing a recrap promo at the conclusion of the episode prior to the recrap, and then they reran that same promo at the end of the recrap a week later.

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-22-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Oh well..."
Reianna,

Don't get discouraged! Everyone is pretty nice here (except occasionally the Clown).

It is a little wierd too. My advice as another newbie. Never start a thread. I can almost always find an appropriate thread to post a new idea onto.

Sometimes a long time spoiler starts one that I think could easily be in another thread, but he/she isn't locked and get's no critisism. When a newbie does it, it never seems to work out in a positive way. I am not trying to be critical of long time spoilers. I just think they have already earned thier respect by thier past spoiling efforts, and we have yet to do so!!!

Welcome to this board!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-22-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "look at that...."
>Sometimes a long time spoiler starts
>one that I think could
>easily be in another thread,
>but he/she isn't locked and
>get's no critisism. When
>a newbie does it, it
>never seems to work out
>in a positive way.
>I am not trying to
>be critical of long time
>spoilers. I just think
>they have already earned thier
>respect by thier past spoiling
>efforts, and we have yet
>to do so!!!
>

...a newbie who actually gets it. Its all about respect, you have to earn it.

But, on the other hand, a newbie who comes up with a genuinely new idea will never get flamed for starting a new thesd. But, how often does that really happen?

Some of us have been spoiling for parts of 7 seasons on this board...and yet some of those people don't get much respect around here cause even after all that time they still come up with idiotic spoiler posts. On the other hand, there are some spoilers here who have been around for a short amount of time and are already given great respect by us long timers because they always have insightful things to say. So, putting in your time definitely helps, but its not the end all be all to being a respected spoiler.

But, even us so called long term respected spoilers have had just as many failures as successes spoiling...so don't be discouraged that your thoughts may be wrong..as long as they are well thought out and articulated they will always be appreciated.

For example, S2 is widely considered the golden age of spoiling for Survivor. We had some of the best talent on the net posting here on a regular basis. That season I posted a lot. I was right sometimes, but I was also wrong sometimes. No one will ever give you crap for being wrong about something...it happens to all of us. In S2, I was the first person on the entire net (with the exception of the legendary tapewatcher) to figure out that Tina made it to the final 2 of the game. I did this by uncovering a telling quote in a People Magazine article from Tina's husband about what Tina did when she got back from Australia. That was a great find for me. But, in the same season I also screwed up the Lis boot (thinking it was Colby) and dragged alot of spoilers down that road with me with my convincing arguments. So, you see, just like in sports, you can't win every game, you just have to accept your defeats, brush it off and keep going.

hmm, I sure did talk alot on this post for no reason...oh wait, I got to point out my brilliant spoiling find from S2 in case anyone forgot

Now go ahead and lock this thresd!

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •