The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1: The ultra-stall merge."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1: The ultra-stall merge."
Y'all, it seems I've been thinking --

-- a dangerous pasttime, I know --

-- our wacky old producer is MB, and his consistency's only so-so.

Let's assume a standard jury of seven for a moment. What's the one major requirement for a jury member after reaching the final nine? Is it living in the merged tribe and seeing every bit of activity that goes on there? No. You never see everything: people go off into the woods, take long swims, and vanish under the blankets. You're still working on passed-along rumor half the time and moving completely blind in the other half. What you know is what people talk about. And they're hardly telling the truth most of the time.

The only real requirement for a jury member is that they attend every Tribal Council after their ouster and hear every last bit of propoganda, innuendo, and blatant outright lie told by their fellows as they try to save themselves. And that's all.

What is the point at which a tribe must dissolve? When it becomes impossible to vote anyone out: two members, the automatic tie.

So... why not run with a standard-sized jury, but keep the tribes until one of them reaches that two-member level, and then merge? As long as you bring the jury members to each Tribal Council, no matter whose it is, they'll have virtually as much information as they would have had in a merge situation. It'll keep the tribal dynamics going for a while longer, it would make Lex bite through his piercings if we weren't getting the reshuffle in two weeks, and it will shake up the game in a way the players weren't expecting.

Earliest possible merge at 7 (assuming the expected reshuffle results in a 5-5 division), latest possible at 5, then go to individual immunity and rewards. You can even bring the jurors along to the challenges and let them watch. (Technically, you could also give them the freedom to walk around both camps and spy at will, with no one allowed to interact with them in any way, but that's an idea doomed to fail...)

I'll stand aside: everyone, open fire.

On the exceptionally stupid theory, thank you.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1:... Crash Thompson Jr 03-19-04 1
 RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1:... Brownroach 03-19-04 2
 RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1:... Risti 03-19-04 3
   RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1:... Estee 03-21-04 4
       RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1:... Risti 03-22-04 5
 RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1:... katethegreat 03-24-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Crash Thompson Jr 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-19-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to send private message to Crash%20Thompson%20Jr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1: The ultra-stall merge."
While I personally think it's not very likely, it's not impossible or implausible. If they were to do a fake merge and move onto the same camp (but of course remain separate in their new, shuffled tribes), that would make it better, because people can still see what's going on, and then people would feel better about having a jury with no merge.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1: The ultra-stall merge."
An ultra-delayed merge could be done in theory, but I don't think MB would ever go that route. The Survivor audience is primed to start seeing individual challenges halfway (more or less) through the show. They want to see if a targeted person can save him-/her-self by winning the IC, if a perceived "immunity threat" will go on a challenge run, etc.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1: The ultra-stall merge."
I suggested something similiar to this last week, after Jeff's emphasis on questioning Mogo Mogo's merge strategy. ( http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4938.shtml ) With the apparant shuffling to 5-5 tribes again, I'm wondering if MB is going to try the same tactic he's using in the Apprentice to further keep these All Stars guessing. He might even, as he's done on that show, offer individual rewards during tribe/team challenges, although I'm not sure how that would work.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-04, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1: The ultra-stall merge."
I suggested something similiar to this last week, after Jeff's emphasis on questioning Mogo Mogo's merge
strategy.

Missed that thread, sorry. Don't worry, though: such theories are only exceptionally stupid when I come up with them.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-04, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1: The ultra-stall merge."
Hey, not a problem, someone else coming up with this on their own makes me feel like it's less likely to be a silly newbie theory...

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-24-04, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Exceptionally Stupid Theory #1: The ultra-stall merge."
Maybe it's something closer to this than to the "standard" merge; right now, we have 2 teams - 6 and 4. In one prior season, we had a swap when the teams were unequal. That swap resulted in 2 teams of the same size (i.e. the teams were NOT evened out by the swap). I predict a similar swap this time - we will end up with 2 teams of 6 and 4, just swapped. So we won't have the traditional merge at 10. But would it make sense to have the merge at 9, only 2 or 3 days later? (Haven't some tribal councils been closer than traditional 3 days this time??) Then the swap would have a minimal impact.

But what if they stay swapped for 2 episodes - down to eight before the merge. One prior season (the Brian season) also had a similar pattern - after the fake merge, the real merge didn't come until 8 were left. Erin was put on the jury by her own tribe ONLY. The other tribe (Brian's) didn't go to that TC. Many thought this wouldn't happen pre-episode, but it did. Not fair? MB obviously isn't that concerned.

So I like your idea for two episodes, but I do predict a merge before the maximum number of episodes (i.e. waiting until some tribe is down to 2), because, as someone said, the average viewer is looking forward to the Individual challenges, at some point.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •