The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ParkGirl 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-17-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ParkGirl Click to send private message to ParkGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

This came in to Sucks this morning. It's from a poster called uberClay and it's been getting some discussion over there (some of it's even nice). Here's the posts from uberClay:

Post 1:

Okay...I'm about to do it. I've been enjoying the hobby of making fun of Survivors since Season One (at SurvivorSucks.com) and never, ever in my wildest dreams thought that I'd have an actual "no-BS" spoiler cross my path.

But one did last night.

I'm out of town working with a client, and last night they treated us consultants to a St. Patty's day party. At the party, the discussion at my table was about American Idol and how we could cut out early and not miss much of it.

Then one of the guys says "Does anyone here watch Survivor?"

"Sure!" says I...adding "I love to make fun of them on the Internet."

He says "I know who wins."

Now, my first reaction was "Don't tell me! These guys on Survivor Sucks probably have the thing spoiled all to Hell, and I'm trying NOT to read the spoilers this season." Then I realized...hey, this could be worth reporting. So I asked for info. Here it is.

The man lives in Indianapolis and travels like me to work with customers. Someone close to him, he wouldn't say a name, worked with Rupert's mother at Wishard Hospital in Indianapolis. She's a nice German lady working as a psycho-therapist (!), and he commented that she was good at her job. Anyway, Rupert's mom quit her job to manage Rupert's money.

That's the spoiler. Now I pointed out to him that it doesn't necessarily mean Rupert WINS...though he may have known more and not shared it. Rupert could place high, or could sign some endorsement deals. He just smirked when I said it.

Okay, so whatever. I'll let you guys chew on it and figure out what it means. This is ALL of the info I have, except the name of the guy who told me. (And if the admins want, I'll PM his name.)

I'm working with him for the next couple of days, so if you want me to ask a follow-up question - fire away!

Post 2:

Okay...I just got out of a meeting with this person. I pushed him for some more info. He was very reluctant to say anything because he doesn't want Rupert or his mom to get into trouble.

So I asked what Rupert's mom specificly said about the reason she quit. "It had something to do with managing Rupert's money."

Has he seen a lot of advertising feature Rupert in the Indy area? "No, but I can't tell Rupert from Bill Clinton." (Have fun with that comment). Apparently, he's not a Survivor fan at all.

Later in the meeting, we were talking about our spouses and he commented that his wife is a psycho-therapist! What a give away. So my SPECULATION is that his wife worked with Rupert's mom.

Post 3:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What did Rupert's mother do before she quit her job?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She worked as a psycho-therapist at the hospital! And he said she was good at it.

Quote:
Anyone that goes out to a st. Patty's day party on the 16th has got to be a liar.

Kiss my #####. There was free food, free drinks, and lots of crappy shamrock decorations. You weren't there, so how do you know what happened?

Quote:
1. Has Rupert's mother already quit, given her notice, or is just planning to?

He said she has already quit. I'll triple-check.

Quote:
2. What date did she quit/give notice/say this spoiler?

I'll ask!

Quote:
3. Is she helping Rupert with his money by managing him, like so many mothers do with popular offspring, or is she staying in the background and financially advising only?

I asked him this...was she managing his charity work? He said she left to manage his money.

Quote:
4. What was her hospital job, length of time there, career prospects there?

Come on, guys...I've already said she was a psycho-therapist. I will ask about how long she worked at the hospital.

Quote:
well how old is his mom,

Good question. I'll ask.
End of posts

Thats all I have for now. Just thought I would throw this at you all. uberClay has over 3000 posts, so he/she has been around.

Edited to try and post the link: http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=17530.topic

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... volsfan 03-17-04 1
   RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... Prometheus 03-17-04 3
 RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... KObrien_fan 03-17-04 2
   RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... JazzyJax 03-17-04 4
       RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... TeamJoisey 03-17-04 6
   RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... Flowerpower 03-17-04 5
       RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... ohboy 03-17-04 7
           RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... managerr 03-17-04 9
               RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... Brat2u 03-17-04 12
           RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... mmm_link 03-18-04 19
       RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... Sneezles 03-17-04 11
 RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... ParkGirl 03-17-04 8
   RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... TeamJoisey 03-17-04 10
       RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... Round Robin 03-17-04 13
   RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... SurvivorBlows 03-18-04 18
 RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... ValleyGirl 03-17-04 14
   RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... Get Bent 03-17-04 15
       RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... ManilaESQ 03-17-04 16
           RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Suck... dreamerbeliever 03-18-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-04, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
If I won Survivor, I would hire a financial advisor to help with investments...but having your mother quit her job to "manage money" makes no sense to me!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Prometheus 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-17-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prometheus Click to send private message to Prometheus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
Especially since the winner wouldn't get the million until after the LIVE finale. Plus, managing a million dollars (or $600K after taxes) is not exactly a fulltime job. Or so I hear......

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
Not only that, but the Rupert wouldn't know yet if he had won. He would know if he were F2. Also, Survivors can not even tell anyone, spouse, mom, dad, anybody, how they did. True some of them would know a little bit if they had gone to participate in a family challenge, so they would know they got to the final 6, but beyond that, they take the secretiveness seriously.

Survivors do a fair amount of charity work or other types of appearances for fees and such, I would be more likely inclined to believe that his Mother is handling that kind of money issues.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-17-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
Do the players (besides F2) get paid after the taping is over or do they have to wait until the show is all over on TV?

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"

Nobody gets paid until the finale airs. I guess it's an added incentive to keep your mouth shut.

This "spoiler" is hooey. Rupert's mom may have left her job, but it's not to manage the million bucks.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
We know that the losers each week get more and more money as they get closer and closer to F2. Does anyone know how much money they get for losing and by what increments it increases each week. I'm sure that the F6 all made a substantial amount as they lasted the longest....this, to me, at best, serves to confirm that Rupert does indeed go far.

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
It's definitely a hoax. First cause you are right no one knows yet who won. Also even if he is the F@ (which I highly doubt) Maybe his mom quit her job as a psycho therapist for other people to concentrate solely on her son.

They make money and you know he is super famous now everyone loves him, she probalby quit to manage his money, his career he will have speaking arrangements endorsements etc.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-17-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
I agree, she could be his agent or something. I think all the money is doubled and first prize is 2 million. A substantial amount, but not nearly enough to quit your job and become someone's full time financial advisor.

Brat2u 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brat2u Click to send private message to Brat2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

Dicque on the Early Show talked about how they all have agents, and there was alot of negotiation($$$talk) before deciding to do A$$. Once you are on any season of Survivor, you get an agent. So they get money according to what place they finish, in addition to the money CBS paid them to do A$$. Along with any endorsements...they're all winners.

ETA: fixed censored A$$ =)

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-18-04, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
MB and Jiffy know.

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
I think this is plausible. There was an article earlier this week about Rupert and his family....Rupert is starting a foundation called Kids HOPE. His mom is probably helping him run this organization. If it's a non-profit, she could be paid fairly well. I'm sure that a lot of his appearances will bring in cash and it'll be used for this foundation.

ParkGirl 32 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ParkGirl Click to send private message to ParkGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
I think we all agree that one million is certainly not alot to leave a job for (especially if it's someone elses money). But what if the winner gets more? Say 3 - 5 million?

A question I have is are we fairly certain that the winner gets only 1 mil? I know there has been previous talk about contestants wanting more. There have been statements saying it's only going to be 1 million. I know there have been threads on this, but I just can't find them at the moment. Could another twist in the game be that Jeff comes out after the merge and says "The stakes have changed, you're now playing for X million?" That would definitely change & shake things up a bit (which this series needs).

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-04, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"

Gee, wouldn't that svck if you already ostened...

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-17-04, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
That ain't no bull!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
It's been reported repeatedly that while the initial payouts were 10-folded for All-Stars, the grand prize remains $1,000,000:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1999

Of course the earlier reports were that the prize was going to be $2,000,000, so I think that's where some of the confusion came from:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1183

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-17-04, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
I wouldn't bet the bank on it. Rupert's mother could have left her job for a myriad of reasons the least of which is that she decided to retire.
Survivor All*Stars F2 favorites
Ambamudda and the Robfadda

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-17-04, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
I agree that this doesn't necessarily mean anything regarding this season. I read an article that said that Rupert made $27K for S7. He said that was what he usually makes in two years. Maybe his family is just not used to having money, and she was near retirement age, and could run his charitable foundation.

ManilaESQ 48 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ManilaESQ Click to send private message to ManilaESQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
It is possible that Rupert demanded an appearance fee for the All-Stars. Realizing how popular he became after Panama, he thought that MB would pay him a handsome amount just to appear in the All-Stars. Doesn't mean though that he won All-Stars.

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-18-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: A Rupert Wins Spoiler from Sucks"
Nope, I think it's been decided around here that All-Stars contestants only viewed about 3 or 4 episodes of Pearl Islands before leaving. Heck even Rupert didn't know the full extent of his popularity until he got back from A.S.S. All he knew for sure was that he came in eighth place and was getting another shot. He sure wouldn't be demanding anything, he'd just be grateful.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •