The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pagonging Time?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-05-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pagonging Time?"
Although the invalidated "boot lists" have been proven wrong, they've been only slightly off. Most of the spoilers out there indicate that the final 6 players are the remaining Chapera, with the possible earlier elimination of Alicia.

Does this mean that the next two IC's will be won by Chapera, eliminating Ethan and Colby? I hope not, (it would make the next 6 episodes pretty dull) but this seems a likely scenario.

I think this question merits a thread, and I didn't see one. Don't hesitate to lock if repetitive.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pagonging Time? ohboy 03-05-04 1
 editing: rob m doesn't win ivoryElephant 03-05-04 2
   RE: editing: rob m doesn't win speedyforme 03-05-04 3
       RE: editing: rob m doesn't win raidersfantom 03-05-04 4
           RE: editing: rob m doesn't win toddE 03-05-04 9
   RE: editing: rob m doesn't win Loree 03-05-04 5
   RE: editing: rob m doesn't win popsicle 03-05-04 10
 Definition please! Loquatrix 03-05-04 6
   RE: Definition please! raidersfantom 03-05-04 7
       RE: Definition please! Loquatrix 03-05-04 8
           Beginning of the End for Mogo Mogo Scarlett O Hara 03-08-04 12
 RE: Pagonging Time? nailbone 03-08-04 11
   RE: Pagonging Time? Scarlett O Hara 03-08-04 13
       RE: Pagonging Time? Dapper 03-08-04 24
   RE: Pagonging Time? Brownroach 03-08-04 15
       RE: Pagonging Time? nailbone 03-08-04 18
           RE: Pagonging Time? Brownroach 03-08-04 19
               RE: Pagonging Time? TanNymph 03-08-04 20
   RE: Pagonging Time? Flowerpower 03-08-04 17
 RE: Pagonging Time? Oscirus 03-08-04 14
   RE: Pagonging Time? nailbone 03-08-04 16
       RE: Pagonging Time? raidersfantom 03-08-04 21
           RE: Pagonging Time? redbeard103152 03-08-04 22
               RE: Pagonging Time? memacmur 03-08-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
It appears that there are more twists coming some of teh boot list, the most famous one, namely has some people on different tribes then they currently sit, I think we may see more shuffling. So Chapera may be split up.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-05-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "editing: rob m doesn't win"
Rob Mariano said the ever fateful words that this game was his and he was taking it all the way.

ever since richard said it in S1 these are the words of doom. but have they switched it for A.S.S.?

They also showed that chapera is going to pagong MogoMogo, would they be that blatant???

Does this mean the spoilers are wrong?

or are we going back to S1 and richards million dollar statement in which everything they say happens.

so the editing is either saying:

Chapera is too cocky: we are gonna pagong them. alicia saying we are gonna kick the green teams ass: thus they lose

or

chapera doesn't pagong them but they alternate boots.

Something is VERY fishy about the editing.

Rob M. is getting the lex editing: being in complete control but too cocky and will have his downfall

I don’t really give a damn which one of the two goes, as long as it ain’t me."-Sandra Diaz-Twine

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-05-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: editing: rob m doesn't win"
I agree, I think MB is playing us soooooo badly and maybe allowing us to second guess our sources for spoilers and stuff...

DAMNIT...

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: editing: rob m doesn't win"
That is actually some of the best speculation I have seen so far! What if what we're seeing is what's going to happen? The editing is just the big setup for laying down the foundation of the rest of the way, because MB has to show it. Imagine that a "pangong/sookjai-ing" happens? Why would he show MogoMogo scheming and all that? It just wouldn't matter because they may be all done?

Okay, so maybe Rob M. doesn't win, no worries mate, but if Chapera does get rid of the rest, why setup anything else? Sure we get to see mogoMogo interact with each other, but the editing to this point has shown Mogo doing so very little alliance building, or even showing us who really are in a strong alliance with each other, besides Kathy and Lex, or so Kathy would have us believe.

Some of the editing in the past showed us alliances getting a come-uppance, Rotu4 comes to mind, but some showed us that the alliances do hold as well, Tagi and Chuay Gan.

Maybe MB doesn't care about the spoilers this season, as, well, maybe it doesn't play out as well as he thought. We've already had two quitters, no real drama aside from Sue, and the only ones giving us good soundbites are Hatch, Robfaddah and Shii. Here's hoping that the editing is misleading, or else this may go down as the worst since Thailand.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-05-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: editing: rob m doesn't win"
I am also afraid that what we've seen is what we're gonna get, which is why I started this thread. It is "All-Stars," and I'm sure MB & Co. envisioned the sort of alliance-hopping we've seen the last two regular seasons. That's what (I think) the viewing public is anticipating as well. An All-Star pagong would be at least as bad as Thailand, and more disappointing. Unfortunately, until someone really unexpected gets booted, I expect to see the Mogos fall and Rob M go to F2 with Jenna or Amber.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: editing: rob m doesn't win"
>
>Something is VERY fishy about the
>editing.
>
>Rob M. is getting the lex
>editing: being in complete control
>but too cocky and will
>have his downfall

And Lex is claiming it's business this time like he thinks he is Brian from Thailand.

popsicle 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-05-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popsicle Click to send private message to popsicle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: editing: rob m doesn't win"
agree remember Johnny - cockyyy!!!! and did get the boot

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-05-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Definition please!"
Would somebody mind giving me the official definition of the verb, "to Pagong"? I wasn't watching Survivor back when Pagong was a tribe (I know... heretic!) so I've never been completely sure what happened on that season.

What I have always assumed "Pagonging" to mean is that, post-merge, the members of one former tribe systematically vote out the members of the other former tribe -- something that might be expected to happen when a merge occurs with unevenly matched tribes, and something that MB might want to avoid by introducing twists and shake-ups after the merge.

I'm confused, though, because for some people "Pagonging" is something that happens before a merge, when one tribe wins all the immunities so the other tribe just has to keep on going to Tribal Council. That just seems like ordinary gameplay to me, though, rather than something that warrants its own cultural significance. ::grin::

Anyone mind weighing in with a bit of background?

03-05-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Definition please!"
Pagonging is to systematically eliminate the other former tribe after a merge, a la Survivor 1, when the Tagi alliance eliminated Gretchen, Greg, Jenna, Gervase and Colleen before Hatch, Sue, Kelly, Rudy and Dr. Sean eliminated themselves.

Pre-merge would best be called Rotuing (See Marquesas) when the Rotu tribe never lost immunity but once.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-05-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Definition please!"
Thanks, raidersfantom. That's what has always made the most sense to me as a concept.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Beginning of the End for Mogo Mogo"
If Orangeena's prediction holds true and Mogo Mogo loses both Colby and Ethan during the next few Tribal Councils than indeed we can count on a Rotuing and/or Pagonging of the Mogo Mogo tribe. Lex, Shii and Kathy may still make it to the merge but will cease and desist against the Happy Chappys. What a dull season the All-stars will have turned out to be. If Ethan indeed gets the boot this week, this will be Mogo Mogo's Final Fatal Strategic Error!

Scarlett

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
Moved from the other thread...

If Mogo Mogo manages to get rid of Ethan and Colby, it'll be the beginning of a series of moves that will change the term from Pagonging to Mogo-Mogoing. there are at least two smarter choices - Shii Ann and Jerri. Shii is better in the "smart" challenges, but not the physical ones. And Jerri is not especially stand-out in either type, although she did better in the "blind leading" challenge this time than she did in Australia.

But if the 3 boys stick together and Kathy plays a little of Sandra's "any name but mine" strategy, they can go into the merge in better shape.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
Good deduction there Nailbone. However, with all the attention Jerri is receiving in the vidcaps and Ep. 6 highlights, it doesn't look like she will be the one to get the boot this week. Hmmm? Do ya think they will do the smart thing and get rid of Shii-Ann?

Scarlett

Dapper 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-08-04, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dapper Click to send private message to Dapper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
Mogo Mogo is dead in the water. Everyone knows it. There's too many spoilers that have stupid Rob and Amber winning. We have a saying up here, "where theres smoke, theres fire". This is dedinitely a case like that. This season will see an awful final 2 and a brutal pagonging. Get ready folks, you're in for a blast!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
Shii is better in the "smart" challenges.

We have no proof of this. Shii Ann may say things like "I can do that puzzle in my sleep" to the camera, but in Thailand she never once demonstrated any superior brain power in a challenge. She sucks at all challenges as far as I can tell.

I can see why Ethan would go next: it's the path of least resistance -- like in Amazon when Rob/Deena were gung ho on taking Dave out first, but then decided that Roger's boot was a higher priority (thanks to Heidi). They just bumped Dave back one boot. Colby was gung ho on getting Ethan out, and no one on original Mogo was against it -- but then Richard was deemed too devious to keep around any longer. Now that Richard's gone the easiest thing to agree on would be to re-target Ethan.

How Jerri feels about that (they don't need her vote so she might not be told) could conceivably shake things up the next time they have to go to TC, though.

03-08-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
Was Shii not? I guess it's been too long since then.

I also can see why Ethan would go next. But I certainly don't think he should go next. That "path of least resistance" stuff could get them "least resisted" right out of the game.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
Oh I'd love to see Shii Ann go next, believe me. But if Mogo Mogo is not *seriously* hampered in challenges (for this week, it looks like a very close finish for the two tribes), they may not think it's a big deal to get rid of a strong player right now.

Mistake? Probably. The tribe doesn't seem mentally unified on any level though, so I can see either Ethan or Colby getting bounced next. Jerri -- not this week, since she's too prominent of a target in the previews.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-08-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
I agree BR I'd love to see Shi go. IMO that would make the most sense. But it seems they are concentrating on keeping her as a vote when they should be concentrating on winning the challenges until merge. We can only hope if MM goes into merger with fewer players than C, someone or someones from C will jump ship to the MM. Otherwise, as someone else said, it'll be very boring.

I still would like to see a tribal shuffle, it would make it more interesting, IMO.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-04 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-08-04 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

>If Mogo Mogo manages to get rid of Ethan and Colby, it will be the beginning of a series of moves that will change the term from Pagonging to Mogo Mogoing<

Definately see the next boot choice of the Mogo's as the critical flaw that brings them down....Now I think that Lex and secondly Kathy are the prime decision makers. Lex is influenced by both Kathy and I think Colby. I think Lex knows that he must keep Colby around until the merge, when he'll be top on his primary hit list. So the choices for Lex this week would be: Jerri, Ethan, or Shii Ann. We know he wants the previous winners OUT...I think this will play out. Kathy probably narrowed his choices down to Ethan or Jerri, she probably singlehandedly saves Shii devil this week. Lex, since his little interchange with Jerri, her telling him that he can trust her, probably feels that she will do as he wants her to do...therefore, I see Lex settling on Ethan.....which IMHO will be the critical mistake of his game. It WILL lead to Mogo's down fall, and once merged I think that they will redefine the term pagonging. So perhaps it will be Kathy, by staying loyal to her friend Shii-Ann, that will make the fatal error in judgement that will lead to the demise of the Mogo's, including her own.

As for Alicia, I think she really wants to ride her alliance with Romber to the end. She wants to believe, is gambling on them solidly sticking together through to the end...at least until they are down to Chappy's, then it will be every man or woman for themselves. We see the Chappy's saying this and I think they mean what they say. They seem incredibly determined...and if they do indeed win the next 3 immunities, I can see them steamrolling forward. Alicia probably feels she has more of a solid alliance to Romber than at least Jenna and Rupert. I also thought that it was an extremely brilliant move on Romber's part to seek out Jenna/Rupert.....as they are approached by the strongest of the Chapera tribe, Jenna/Rupert must be flattered....suspicious, yes, but indeed thrilled to be offered an in. You know as the newbies to the Chappy's that they must feel the most threatened. Romber offered them some HOPE of surviving in this game, and as I said, it was brilliant of Romber to do it....It gives them options for when the game is narrowed down to just the Chappy's. Also, if they can make it past the merge, Robfadda has got to see Rupert as a threat to winning individual immunities....if he can get on his good side now, it might save his ##### later, and then if Robfadda can win an individual immunity it will give him choices as to who to boot.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-08-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
The thing is even if Mogo Mogo goes into the merge 6-4 they should still be able to convince Alicia to turn. She has to know that right now she's in serious troubleeither way and might be better served going with Mogo Mogo.

03-08-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
I could see her being convinced to swing over to Mogo Mogo with two of her Aussie mates.

03-08-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
NB, although the thought of Alicia swinging over to Mogo with one, two or three of her Aussie mates over there, I think there is one thing that I would like to add. Robfaddah said that the only way alliances don't pay off is when someone gets greedy. This goes to show that the ASSes have watched the past few seasons, if not all of them to learn strategy. Alicia had an alliance that was ruined by one of her own tribemates (Kimmi bigmouth at RC) in Australia.

Leading me to believe this, the biggest alliance jumper ever was voted out in Ep4, and the ASSes will be watching for alliance jumpers, eg. votes not in the majority at TC, too much time spent with outsiders, other former tribe members after the merge....

A person cannot go far without being in an alliance (Tagi) or being a swing vote (Kathy). These ASSes learned from their mistakes, bar none. Even though Robfaddah is a jerk in confessional, he seems to have a lot of respect at camp. If Alicia turns on him, then she'll go before any of the others, even post merge.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-08-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
Agree completely with the post raidersfantom. Although I am a great fan of the game the Robfather is playing this time I feel that it will be him that breaks this strong alliance and it will directly lead to his boot. Egos sometime get in the way of common sense as I think it will for Rob.RedBeard

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-08-04, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Pagonging Time?"
Hear, hear Redbeard!

I agree very much - The Robfadda has actually learned a little from his last round on Survivor, although any tribal swapping could land him in a heap of trouble.

He's still confident that he's in control, but is obviously making sure he doesn't leave too many loose ends hanging around - hence the Romber approach to Jenna & Rupert. Even if he doesn't plan on keeping them around much longer once the pagon-ing is complete, he is at least trying to appear as though he doesn't have as much power as he (rightfully or wrongfully) actually believes he does. I still think he's going to need to win a couple immunities in a row once the Mogo-Mogos are gone in order to make the final 3, but he seems to be positioning himself well...

MEmacmur

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •