The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another Hockey Player - Harold"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lolette 254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-12-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolette Click to send private message to Lolette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another Hockey Player - Harold"
Hmm, which hockey player is more "hot" Rick or Harold ? Check his official website http://members.tripod.com/haroldhersh/index.htm

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold SilverStar 01-12-04 1
   RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold NorthShoreJane 01-13-04 2
       RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold SilverStar 01-13-04 3
 RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Tsunami 01-13-04 4
   RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold sparksals 01-17-04 5
       RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Chrissy gal 01-18-04 6
       RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Tsunami 01-19-04 7
           RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold redheaded_sweetheart 01-21-04 8
               RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Loree 01-22-04 9
                   RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Tsunami 01-22-04 10
                       RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Loree 01-22-04 11
                       RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Chrissy gal 01-22-04 12
                       RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold sparksals 01-22-04 13
                           RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Tsunami 01-23-04 15
                               RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Chrissy gal 01-23-04 17
                   RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold Lolette 01-23-04 16
 RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold HyperTyper 01-23-04 14
   RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold redheaded_sweetheart 01-24-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
I just read Harold's bio on the ABC website and cracked up laughing! When asked why he would want to try and find a spouse on TV he replied- "because I've seen the success of the other shows" (not an exact quote, but pretty close) Ummm, Harold baby, I don't think that ANY of the other Bachelor/ette shows- even Trista and Ryan, because there's like a 1.89% chance that their marriage will actually work out- have been successful! Do you really watch reality dating shows? They never work out! Nice try, but I think you're probably looking to be on TV because you are a DAW just like everyone else!!

SilverStar

NorthShoreJane 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-13-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthShoreJane Click to send private message to NorthShoreJane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
>I just read Harold's bio on
>the ABC website and cracked
>up laughing! When asked
>why he would want to
>try and find a spouse
>on TV he replied- "because
>I've seen the success of
>the other shows" (not an
>exact quote, but pretty close)
> Ummm, Harold baby, I
>don't think that ANY of
>the other Bachelor/ette shows- even
>Trista and Ryan, because there's
>like a 1.89% chance that
>their marriage will actually work
>out- have been successful!
>Do you really watch reality
>dating shows? They never
>work out! Nice try,

SilverStar,

I read the same thing and was laughing. Until, perhaps, I dug deeper (or shallower as in this case) and realized Harold's view of "success" may be the "shagging" that takes place!!! He wants that "couples suite"! His Website illustrates that he may be a wee bit <sic> of an ego-maniac. I'm sure as a hockey player he's been hit a few too many times, and he has retreated (or never matured) past the point of shag conquests. God Bless Reality TV.

NorthShoreJane

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
LOL, you know what- you're probably right! I haven't had the pleasure of checking out his website yet, but I will put in on my 'Things To Do' list! haha

SilverStar

Tsunami 30 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tsunami Click to send private message to Tsunami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
Puhleeese. Normally I find hockey players extremely hot, but I can't get over this guy's weirdness. Total DAW. If I'm reading his website correctly (through my laughter...and tears), he has not been in the NHL even one day in his life, yet he is selling "Harold Hersh Hockey Memorabilia" like he's a superstar. Am I missing something? And that photo where he's punching out with his ring?! If Meredith picks him, I will be STUNNED.

sparksals 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-17-04, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sparksals Click to send private message to sparksals Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-04 AT 02:43 AM (EST)

Actually, Harold's accomplishments in hockey are quite impressive. He was on the team representing Canada in the Maccabi cup, which Canada won, a recognized international event and his team won the finals in 2001/02. Just because he didn't make the NHL doesn't make him a has been or his hockey career something to joke about. Considering 90% of Canadian boys play hockey at some time or another, the liklihood of making the NHL is small. However, Harold's accomplishments should not be criticized, especially by those who don't know anything about hockey.

In Canada, it is perfectly acceptable to play in the farm teams, WHL or the minors, which I believe his team is one of.

His stats are also extremely impressive. Just this past year he scored 85 goals!! Not even the best players in the NHL get that many. A goal scorer in the NHL is considered good at 50 plus goals. There were other years he had over 50 and from 1993 - 97 he scored 69 65 63 67 goals respectively! 1998/98 he scored over 70 goals!EXCELLENT RECORD which remains consistently over 60 goals every year!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-18-04, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
However, Harold's accomplishments should not be criticized, especially by those who don't know anything about hockey.

Just about everything gets criticized by someone! Think of how boring life would be if we all agreed.

01-19-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tsunami Click to send private message to Tsunami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
Having dated someone for years who played on farm teams and subsequently in the NHL, I actually know a fair bit about hockey. I guess not enough about CANADIAN hockey. But I do know that neither my former SO nor his teammates were such vapid self-promoters as Harold (I think this is why Rick bothers me as well).

So...apologies if I came of as criticizing his accomplishments; I meant to criticize his (lack of) modesty.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-04, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
Don't know about the hockey angle, but I'm bothered by both these guys. I think Rick thinks he's waaay hotter than he actually is...(and he would be hot if not for the 'tude). Harold kind of pulled a "Mary" on tonight's episode talking about having kids and picturing Meredith pregnant...not something you discuss on a first date.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
The whole baby and kids angle was way too soon. I never paid much attention to Harold last week. But this week he stood out as the oddball that was not going to get a rose.

And Rick is going downhill fast. He calls himself a metrosexual male? Who does that? He doesn't like outdoorsy stuff and yet Meredith is out getting muddy and playing. Not a good pair.

01-22-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
I agree with you both. Pulling out how beautiful someone would look pregnant is generally not accepted first date conversation. I'm sure it was edited such that all of his baby-related comments were shown, but even so there were more than enough of them to have anyone running for the hills. I think his weirdness may even exceed his DAWness.

Rick's another one who gives me the willies (probably because I have to watch his overweight, overtan dad on tv commercials continually during the bachelorette -- must set up tivo, but I digress). My favorite quote of the night was when he asked Meredith if the Minnesota accent was sexy and she replied, "Well I wouldn't say SEXY". May just be because I'm from MN, but I laughed out loud.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
I laughed too. And not because of the accent. I have alot of relatives in Minnesota. But he seemed to be reaching for a compliment. And Meredith didn't comply.

01-22-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
probably because I have to watch his overweight, overtan dad on tv commercials continually during the bachelorette

What kind of TV commercial is Rick's dad in?

sparksals 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-22-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sparksals Click to send private message to sparksals Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
WHat is DAWness? What TV commercials do you see his dad on?

Cathy

01-23-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
Rick's dad D*ick owns 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment
http://www.2ndwindexercise.com/

Go to the bottom of the main page and you'll see a photo of what I mean...

DAW is desperate attention whore, like all of our ratings and what all of our reality show contestants personify (making it fun for us to bash away).

01-23-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
An overweight man selling exercise equipment?? Very strange!

Lolette 254 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolette Click to send private message to Lolette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
Here is article about Harold Hersh ‘Bachelorette’ run ends http://www.qctimes.com/internal.php?story_id=1023272&l=1&t=Quad-City+Mallards&c=41,1023272,top

HyperTyper 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-23-04, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HyperTyper Click to send private message to HyperTyper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
I think Marcus and the hockey player should be set up with Mary from the BB fiasco.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-04, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Another Hockey Player - Harold"
I was thinking the same thing!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •