The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Richard's Interview with TVGuide.com"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Richard's Interview with TVGuide.com"
Saw this being discussed over at Sucks and Richard makes some interesting remarks about Sue and about the matches:

Original Survivor winner Richard Hatch collected the game's first million. He also made history as the first openly gay contestant and the first one to go nude on camera. Speaking of personal firsts, the crafty 42-year-old has finally learned how it feels to get your torch snuffed! Here, he tells TV Guide Online about getting "bamboozled" on All-Stars, biting that shark, rubbing Susan Hawk the wrong way and stripping naked.

TVGO: You scored by scheming in the first Survivor. Did they see you coming this time?
Richard Hatch: Whoops! They got me. I didn't engender enough trust in the people that I was trying to make an alliance with. I got outsmarted this time. I had a big old target on my back. I think being the original winner, and people having watched how I talked about it afterward, they were ready to take me down.

TVGO: Fans love to hate you. Do you mind that?
Hatch: It is kind of neat, whether they like me or hate me or whatever. For some reason, they seem entertained and I certainly played up to that quite a bit.

TVGO: True. This season, you seemed a little more...
Hatch: Cocky? Arrogant?

TVGO: Obnoxious?
Hatch: No question. That was partly strategy. I went into this game with people who had seen me play and didn't know me really well personally. They had expectations. So I had to actually take the cockiness and the arrogance up a notch, so they wouldn't think I was too different from their expectations.

TVGO: Do you get any royalties for coining the Survivor term "alliance"?
Hatch: Wouldn't that be great?

TVGO: Did you go naked for comfort or shock value?
Hatch: I find it sad that this culture is so prudish when it comes to our bodies. I think that it is really awful for our society to continue that perspective. For me, it is just a non-issue and I'm just not bothered being naked.

TVGO: Who do you hope or predict will win?
Hatch: I got kicked off. Who cares?

TVGO: That's a very honest answer.
Hatch: Believe it or not, I'm quite the honest guy. That's one of the biggest misperceptions. I played as honestly as I know anyone to have played this game.

TVGO: Rumor has it you smuggled in some matches. That's why you were so confident in your ability to start a fire, isn't it?
Hatch: Is that the rumor? It is an interesting rumor; I'll say that. I'm also an outdoorsman from as young as I can remember.

TVGO: Another rumor... Sue Hawk is upset that you rubbed up against her — while you were nude — during the balance beam immunity challenge. True or false?
Hatch: I recently heard that. The only person I can imagine her being upset with is herself. I'm not sure what is really going on.

TVGO: What exactly happened? It seemed like a fairly harmless exchange.
Hatch: Very often, I find her comments and her reactions interesting — like her speech in the first game. During that challenge, I was kind of confused. She was making all kinds of comments and then turned around in the opposite direction of where she was supposed to go to win. Instead, she came back onto the to my beam, blocking my way. I don't know what was in her head. I can't imagine that she would think she was going to block me. So I just went by.

TVGO: Do you think this merited the CBS disclaimer about potentially offensive material?
Hatch: I haven't talked to anybody about what the disclaimer was specifically about. I just thought, "Huh. That's weird. They are doing something new."

TVGO: Maybe it was in reaction to the Janet fallout.
Hatch: It could be about that game, or about Janet, or about me naked, period. I have no idea.

TVGO: Which All-Stars were you most excited to compete against?
Hatch: I know this adds to that cocky, egotistical, weird , but they were just kind of pawns, pieces in a game, to me.

What possessed you to bite that shark?
Hatch: He bit me first! He was attached to my arm for over half an hour.

Did it get infected?
Hatch: No. I have a really great immune system. The doctors were thinking about doing some stuff, and I'm like, "No, just leave me alone. It will be fine." I've got some scarring that's kind of cool. You can see the teeth marks. I had a tattoo of the shark put under my arm, with the mouth headed right toward the bite.

TVGO: Switching gears, what do you think of Rosie O'Donnell's wedding in San Francisco?
Hatch: I'm really proud of her choice to do that. I always thought that she spent a great number of years in the closet that I wished she hadn't. I was really happy to see her do that. I may try to marry my partner in New York. I really was offended by the reprehensible comments that Bush made in calling to change the constitution. Anything that I can do to help right things, I certainly would do

Here is the link:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/040302b.asp

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Richard's Interview with TVGuid... Flowerpower 03-02-04 1
 EMT135 EMT135 03-02-04 2
   RE: EMT135 mookiemeister 03-03-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Richard's Interview with TVGuide.com"
Great find Vols! Man, I gotta admit, I really loved Hatch....I am so bummed he's gone. Very elusive, I'd say. He's not really giving us much on the matches or on Dicquegate....I like that!

EMT135 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMT135 Click to send private message to EMT135 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "EMT135"
Thank you for bringing this here. I'm sure we'll pick it apart until nothing but the bare bones are left.
In my view, this is the most important morsel:

>TVGO: Another rumor... Sue Hawk is
>upset that you rubbed up
>against her — while you
>were nude — during the
>balance beam immunity challenge. True
>or false?
>Hatch: I recently heard that. The
>only person I can imagine
>her being upset with is
>herself. I'm not sure what
>is really going on.
>
I find the wording worth noting. The interviewer asked this question in present tense, "Sue IS upset" and Hatch responds that he "recently" heard this and adds "I'm not sure what IS going on."
This may lend credence to the rumors we've heard of a lawsuit.
Interesting stuff, Vols.
EMT

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EMT135"
Rich is an idiot if he think he didn't do anything wrong rubbing his naked penis against Sue.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •