The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Starting Over Women"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

MelB 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-03-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MelB Click to send private message to MelB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Starting Over Women"
I think it takes amazing courage for a person to tell their story in front of millions of people. You first have to be able to admit you have issues that have affected your life. Then to seek out help is one thing but to be willing to seek out help in front of cameras tells me that each individual has recognized and is now willing to work on themselves. Each and every person walking the face of this earth has fallen short in some areas of our lives. We often call it "dysfunctional." What I may find normal in my family or my life may look completely insane to someone else. I would love to be able to take those issues that have palgued my life and work on them at a place like SO. I just read how hard we can be on the women who have decided it doesnt matter that they are putting themselves in a position of the world to judge them they still seek out the greater good, which is restoration and healing. We can hate the show or love the show. Hate the women or love the women but we have to look at the overall end result each one is trying to obtain and give them their "Props" for being brave enough to do it at the risk of the message boards and our judgements. What in each one of our lives are we silently handling that has affected us as adults and even maybe if we werent dealing with would have made us better individuals.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Starting Over Women Hope 08-03-05 1
   RE: Starting Over Women funny 08-03-05 2
 RE: Starting Over Women SpoonStruck 08-04-05 3
   RE: Starting Over Women laki715 08-04-05 4
   RE: Starting Over Women Sahara 08-04-05 5
       RE: Starting Over Women sunstarr 08-04-05 6
           RE: Starting Over Women Sahara 08-04-05 7
 RE: Starting Over Women MelB 08-04-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Hope 4 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hope Click to send private message to Hope Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Starting Over Women"
I agree with you that each one of the women are very brave and have incredible courage to deal with their problems in front of millons. I always try to remember that oh but for the grace of God Go I. Thanks for your positive and uplifting post.

funny 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-05, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail funny Click to send private message to funny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Starting Over Women"
thank you finally someone feels the way i feel i hate some of the things the women do but i love them all for their own special ways.

SpoonStruck 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-04-05, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpoonStruck Click to send private message to SpoonStruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Starting Over Women"
Some of the SO women are more sincere about helping themselves than others. I don't think it's necessarily a mark of "courage" for people to subject themselves to therapy-by-TV-show. Sometimes it just takes an unabashed disregard for dealing with one's own life in the real world.

Unfortunately, some of the women--like Kim--go the SO house more out of gratifying the root of their main problem (in Kim's case, she is an obvious narcissist and a fundamentally dishonest person unable to honestly face her vacuousness). With those types of women, going to the SO house only fuels their character problems. Really now. With all of Kimmie's "wealth," couldn't she have rented her own chateau in LA and seen Dr. Stan privately twice a week for a couple of months OFF THE AIR?

laki715 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-04-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail laki715 Click to send private message to laki715 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Starting Over Women"
>Some of the SO women are
>more sincere about helping themselves
>than others. I don't
>think it's necessarily a mark
>of "courage" for people to
>subject themselves to therapy-by-TV-show.
>Sometimes it just takes an
>unabashed disregard for dealing with
>one's own life in the
>real world.
>
>Unfortunately, some of the women--like Kim--go
>the SO house more out
>of gratifying the root of
>their main problem (in Kim's
>case, she is an obvious
>narcissist and a fundamentally dishonest
>person unable to honestly face
>her vacuousness). With those
>types of women, going to
>the SO house only fuels
>their character problems. Really
>now. With all of
>Kimmie's "wealth," couldn't she have
>rented her own chateau in
>LA and seen Dr. Stan
>privately twice a week for
>a couple of months OFF
>THE AIR?
>
NO, I think Kimmie she perferred to recieve all that attention negative and positive. She wanted to be seen and noticed not just by her wealthy counter parts (friends). I think she also really enjoyed being on TV tell the other women how to live and what to think although she did not make much of any progress in her goal....IMHO.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-04-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Starting Over Women"
I do believe that some of the women actually do go to the SO house to change. And some of them perhaps are courageous for being willing to air their problems on TV. But I wonder--how thrilled are their families, etc. at having their dirty laundry hanging out for the nation to see also?

But I cannot help feeling that the real reason some of them are there is because it is a way to be on TV. IMHO, if the SO program was not televised and still cost the women nothing, quite a few of the women that are on there wouldn't be. It is a very fulfilling way to get attention, positive or negative, which is what many of these women crave.

sunstarr 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-04-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sunstarr Click to send private message to sunstarr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Starting Over Women"
I totally agree! Most of these women are there for the attention. Such as Kim, Towanda, Denise and Sommer. Somehow they thought the SO house would perhaps "get their foot in the door" in pursuing a career in entertainment. However, as far as I know, it hasn't worked for any of them because they are simply not talented!

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-04-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Starting Over Women"
This brings Deborah to my mind. (Why do I do this to myself?)

You know, I kept having this thought when Deborah was in the house, but then I thought no, it couldn't be. I definitely think she was there for the attention, that was obvious! But when she was "trying to hide" her pregnancy scare, etc. I just kept having this thought. Tell me if you think I am crazy (LOL-that's a dangerous statement!).

I wondered if maybe she made the whole thing up for attention. Surely she was smart enough to know that even her furtive telephone conversations would be filmed or heard. I just cannot get it out of my mind that she made it all up. I don't think Deborah is dumb. And she got a great payoff. The LC's and Dr. Stan had a whole evening meeting just about her. I think it backfired because she didn't know then how to deal with the mess she made without changing, and she was afraid to change and/or didn't want to, so she left. And of course, the pregnancy test was conveniently negative.

I may be totally off base, but I never have gotten that out of my mind. Maybe it comes from years of teaching children who need attention.

MelB 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-05, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MelB Click to send private message to MelB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Starting Over Women"
It could be true that the underlying motives of some of the individuals on SO could be to gain attention, or to just be on tv or even launch some type of career from the exposure. No matter what they are and how much we say we hate them or love them, they still have our attention. We still watch the show and comment so in turn they are getting exactly what they need from us. I personally try to look at each issue addressed and see a positive that could come out of the situation if that individual at the SO house is willing to work on themselves and there defined purpose. The glass can be half empty or half full. Just depends on it is looked at. And how we look at it can also tell us something about how we look at our own lives and the situations we face every single day. Why are those ladies any different than us? There not. I can only speak for myself when I say "Im not perfect. I have areas in my life where I can be insensitive or vain or even selfish." But I realize the first steps to change is acknowledgement. I've read where people have said they are glad (for example) to see the situation with Towanda and the stolen checks, happen to her. But why? When it comes down to it We really dont know the facts only what we have read and even that could be biased based on personal opinion of the person that reported it or wrote the story for the paper. This happens everyday on the news with simple everyday news reports. But thats life because we are all human beings. We all make mistakes. Prayerfully whatever the facts are and whatever truly happened in that situation she will rise above those circumstances and move on to the next thing that will be a positive in her life.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •