The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-13-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
The first 11 caps are from tonight's episode. Caps 12-25 are from next week's episode.

{JP} Next time on Survivor...
{Amber, sighing} Aah!

{JP} ...Rob and Amber heat things up.

{Amber} You're sooo warm.

{Rob C.} Boston Rob and Amber are gonna do it.

{JP} A storm wreaks havoc.

{Jerri, whimpering} ...not worth it.

{JP} And a challenge...

{JP} ...gets physical.

{JP, in game} Ethan throws it on Colby.

{Kathy, yelping as she's run into}

{Rob C., frustrated} Shammit!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps Bungler 02-13-04 1
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps I_AM_HE 02-13-04 2
 Life Size Tetris Blow by Blow 02-13-04 3
   RE: Life Size Tetris Loree 02-13-04 12
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps TeamJoisey 02-13-04 4
   RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps Get Bent 02-13-04 6
       RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps Brownroach 02-13-04 13
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps tribephyl 02-13-04 5
   RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps volsfan 02-13-04 7
       RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps KObrien_fan 02-13-04 8
       RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps I_Got_Nutn 02-13-04 9
           RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps volsfan 02-13-04 10
               RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps I_Got_Nutn 02-13-04 11
           Is this Day 9? Brownroach 02-13-04 14
               RE: Is this Day 9? wendyp 02-13-04 15
                   RE: Is this Day 9? Krautboy 02-13-04 17
                       RE: Is this Day 9? Brownroach 02-13-04 21
                           Sit out Rule? Krautboy 02-13-04 22
                               What do the vidcaps show? udg 02-13-04 24
                               RE: Sit out Rule? DoodleBug 02-16-04 59
               RE: Is this Day 9? munson 02-13-04 16
                   RE: Is this Day 9? Brownroach 02-13-04 18
                       RE: Is this Day 9? Get Bent 02-13-04 19
                           RE: Is this Day 9? JazzyJax 02-13-04 20
                       RE: Is this Day 9? Immunegirl 02-16-04 54
 SOMA Cube Challenge zorrosurvives 02-13-04 23
   RE: SOMA Cube Challenge MattyMax 02-13-04 25
       RE: SOMA Cube Challenge Get Bent 02-13-04 26
   RE: SOMA Cube Challenge skyisbluu 02-14-04 27
       RE: SOMA Cube Challenge katethegreat 02-14-04 28
       RE: SOMA Cube Challenge volsfan 02-14-04 29
   RE: SOMA Cube Challenge udg 02-14-04 30
       RE: SOMA Cube Challenge volsfan 02-14-04 31
           RE: SOMA Cube Challenge udg 02-14-04 32
               RE: SOMA Cube Challenge volsfan 02-14-04 33
                   RE: SOMA Cube Challenge noone67 02-14-04 34
   probably not SOMA GrendelsMom 02-15-04 39
 More caps Bungler 02-14-04 35
   Observations: volsfan 02-14-04 36
   And more... Bungler 02-14-04 37
       RE: And more... JazzyJax 02-14-04 38
   RE: More caps PepeLePew13 02-16-04 45
 RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps KObrien_fan 02-15-04 40
   RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps GrendelsMom 02-15-04 41
       RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps KObrien_fan 02-16-04 46
           Cube inventory KObrien_fan 02-16-04 50
               Another thought volsfan 02-16-04 55
                   RE: Another thought KObrien_fan 02-16-04 56
                       RE: Another thought volsfan 02-16-04 57
                           RE: Another thought Blow by Blow 02-16-04 61
                               RE: Another thought KObrien_fan 02-16-04 62
                                   RE: Another thought Blow by Blow 02-16-04 63
               4x4x4 Cube zorrosurvives 02-16-04 66
                   RE: 4x4x4 Cube KObrien_fan 02-17-04 69
 Rob's finger Magic Fingers 02-15-04 42
   RE: Rob's finger Get Bent 02-16-04 43
       RE: Rob's finger KObrien_fan 02-16-04 44
           RE: Rob's finger okaloosajohn 02-16-04 47
               RE: Rob's finger KObrien_fan 02-16-04 48
                   RE: Rob's finger okaloosajohn 02-16-04 49
                       RE: Rob's finger Magic Fingers 02-16-04 51
                           RE: Rob's finger volsfan 02-16-04 52
                               RE: Rob's finger Magic Fingers 02-17-04 68
                           RE: Rob's finger Get Bent 02-16-04 64
                               RE: Rob's finger Magic Fingers 02-16-04 65
                                   RE: Rob's finger Get Bent 02-17-04 67
 Alicia carrying Get Bent 02-16-04 53
   RE: Alicia carrying KLicK 02-16-04 58
       RE: Alicia carrying Get Bent 02-16-04 60

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-13-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
And that isn't a typo. Rob C. definitely says Shammit. Must be his way of getting around the FCC, post-Janet.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-04, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
looks like a mostly mental challenge - easy to see why chapera would lose

"Well, Rob, I never thought I’d say this, but after watching this episode I’d have to say, no, you do not have “Stupid” written on your forehead. “Hypocritical, Ignorant, Confrontational, Homophobic, Obnoxious, Arrogant, Nauseating, Manipulative, Bully”, yes, but not “Stupid”. “Stupid” is written on your penis. In little, tiny letters." - dangerkitty, S4 Ep 6 Summary - RMMNW!!!

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-13-04, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Life Size Tetris"
I can't wait to see how these geniuses screw it up.

Speaking of screwing, I can't help but think about the stuff growing inside Rob and Amber's mouths after a week in the woods. Nasty. And for those of you with minds in the gutter, I don't want to hear about what else might be growing in Amber's mouth.

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Life Size Tetris"
I just hope they are chewing on alot of those lemons they found. At least it might help their breath.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-13-04, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
THE I.C.

We don't see enough of a completed cube to even guess who wins, but we do know who's stitting out.

Chapera sits Princess Amba and the completely marginalized RobCesternino. More suggestion that he's going home? With those two sitting out, and both Big Tom and Robfadda carrying blocks, the directions are left up to Sue or Alicia. I imagine Alicia is hoisting blocks, so Sue is shouting directions. Looks bad for Chapera.

Mogo-Mogo sits Shii-Ann, who bragged in Thailand about how good she is with puzzles. If she's so good with puzzles, and they got a sneak peek at this challenge already, why is she on the bench? We see Kathy Colby and Lex carrying blocks, so Dicque is giving directions. That sounds good for the Mogos.

The only Saboga we see at all is Ethan. Rupert must be carrying. That leaves Jenna and Jerri. One of them is giving directions, which isn't great but probably better than listening to Sue.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Get Bent 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-04, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
The only episode I watched with Jerri is when she tried to give directions to a blindfolded group. She sucks. And if Jenna can't yell at someone, she won't do well either. I doubt Saboga wins it outright.

I agree, if Sue is shouting for Chapera, that is bad news for them. I'm also from Wisconsin, but most people here do not have as short of fuse, or delusions of grandure that Sue has. It does not look good.

Sir Richard may not be that good at directions. He is always trying to appear clever. It may backfire.

Obviously I do not have a favorite. I think they all are doomed. Odds-wise, I would say that Chapera comes in over confident and loses. But I have nothing but my gut to base that on.

All I can say is that it will be cool to see everyone bump into each other HARD next week. I like a little physical confrontation!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Yes, Jerri called this challenge in S2 and right off the bat she let Keith and Amber wander off into a pile of brush. Later Ogakor caught up, but Amber overshot the picnic table and Jerri was unable to get her to back up. Nick did a MUCH better job directing Kucha.

Either Sue or Alicia calling for Chapera = disaster, imo. I'd give Mogo Mogo the best shot at winning this.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Well the unused ep.3 IC gets used after all.
This looks like the TikiTowers challenge from S4Marq.
Each tribe must pick a "caller"/Yeller, the rest of the tribe is blindfolded. The Yeller instructs the challengers to the strewn puzzle pieces. Once all the pieces are collected, the blindfolds come off and the team can assemble the puzzle.

Well, Rob6 and Amber sit out of this challenge.
Looks like Shii-Ann as well. You can see the 3 of them in the upper right.

MogoMogo:
Lex, Colby and Kathy blindfolded for MogoMogo, with Rich as yeller.
Saboga:
All 4 have to play and Ethan is blindfolded, I imagine Jenna is probably the Sabogan yeller.
Chapera:
Rob4 and Tom blindfolded. With Sue or Alicia as the team yeller.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Are we for sure this is the IC? I know it would have been IC in last night's show but can we for sure say it is IC?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
It has to be for IC because Amber sat out the RC of building the shelter and you can't sit out back to back challenges.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Also, from CBS Misdirection
During the Immunity Challenge, several castaways are pummeled and knocked off their feet, literally.

Also wik

Yeah, It's a JSlice
Majority Whip

02-13-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Thanks KO and Nutn...I am slow this morning!

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
De nada.

Also also wik

Yeah, It's a JSlice
Majority Whip

02-13-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Is this Day 9?"
Question -- I meant to make note of this while watching last night but then I didn't -- I assume the scheduled IC last night was on Day 8? If so, maybe they just held the IC one day later, and there will be no RC in Ep 4.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-13-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is this Day 9?"
They showed up on day 9 to IC and Jenna left. I think they are showing us the IC pic since we already saw the set up.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-13-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Is this Day 9?"
The normal cycle is a RC the day after TC. If they were planning to have the IC on Day9 and the TC that evening, the next RC would be Day 10.

It's very possible that the left the IC set up on challenge beach rather than changing it and used the IC as the RC.

The "pummeling" could refer to some sort of an IC where the tribes try to knock each other of of a balance beam type challenge we've seen so often in previous survivor series.

Krautboy

02-13-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Is this Day 9?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-04 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

KB, as KObrienfan and Get Bent have both pointed out, Amber is sitting out this challenge, and she sat out the shelter-building challenge. So according to the sit-out rule, there must be another challenge in Ep 4 before this one (unless they waive the rule because of "unusual circumstances" or some such).

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-13-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Sit out Rule?"
As I remember the rule it only applied to each 3 day cycle of RC, IC and TC. After a boot the rule "resets".

Does anyone know for sure? I'm not that certain...

Krautboy

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-13-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "What do the vidcaps show?"
Do the pictures seem to show people looking the same as they did when Jenna left? If so, they may have done the challenge on the same day. The CBS online video preview has the challenge first thing. Maybe that's not the order they did things in, but it's worth looking into, IMO.

---
UDG

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Sit out Rule?"
The rule is the tribes cannot sit out the same players in back to back challenges. So if you sit out in the IC, then you have to participate in the RC.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-13-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is this Day 9?"
BR, I asked the same question in the East Coast thread.

Shelter building RC reward was dropped on Day 8. The tribes showed up to IC on Day 9. It's likely we start E4 on either the morning of Day 10 or the evening of Day 9 with reaction to Jenna's departure.

My assumption is the next TC will be on Day 12.

02-13-04, 11:46 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Is this Day 9?"
Thanks, munson and wendyp. It seems odd to make them do another challenge (an RC) in between, and then come back and do this IC, which they've already received tree mail and seen the set-up for. I still wonder if they will have the IC the next day (Day 10) and maybe no RC at all, or have the RC later.

02-13-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Get%20Bent Click to send private message to Get%20Bent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Is this Day 9?"
There has to be a challenge inbetween the last Reward Challenge in E3 and the challenge shown in the vid caps above, because Amber is stiing out. And you cannot sit out two consecutive challenges.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-13-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Is this Day 9?"
Very likely true! And there's the whole key thing to continue with too..

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-16-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Is this Day 9?"
I also wonder about the timing if the IC and RC.
Things we know:
There are obviously three tribes in the IC videocaps.
The placement of Alicia, Jerri, ShiiAnn and Jenna in the RC videocaps seems a little fishy. (can you know fishiness?)
Saboga's shelter gets flooded.

Is it possible that IC happens first, and then because of unsafe conditions at Saboga the tribes are merged early and might be in odd arrangements at the RC?

The great observations about who sits out the IC are certainly evidence against this idea, but I still wonder whether it is possible.

zorrosurvives 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-13-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zorrosurvives Click to send private message to zorrosurvives Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "SOMA Cube Challenge"
Ah, finally I have something useful!
This challenge is making a SOMA cube. Here is a description from http://users.ids.net/~salberg/soma/Soma.html:

The Soma puzzle was a game marketed by Parker Brothers, Co. around 1970 that was based, in turn, upon an idea attributed to the mathematician Piet Hein. Its basis is the theorem that a solid cube composed of a volume of 27 smaller cubes can be decomposed into a group of 7 dissimilar pieces. There are 6 pieces made with 4 small cubes and 1 piece made of 3 small cubes, each of which is a unique configuration.

The tribes will have to get the 7 three dimensional pieces and build a giant cube, probably in the area in front of their mats outlined in a white square. There are about 240 solutions, so the Survivor folks have painted the parts they want outside with the tribes' colors. Now there is only 1 correct way of assembling each cube.

Like a previous challenge, perhaps one main player from each team yells at others with blindfolds who go out and get the pieces and bring them back to the white square. Then they must be assembled.

Any search for "Soma cube" should show you their seven shapes. Here is another site:
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/C.Eggermont/Puzzels/Soma/

Shii Ann said she was good with puzzles last time. Saboga is exhausted and isn't working well together. Chapera slept under blankets and a tarp and had wine and the best shelter.

Saboga is down 2 and Mogo is down 1. MB can't be wanting Chapera to win the next IC. Maybe MB will hide one of Chapera's puzzle pieces in the bushes where the person on the mat can't see it. If Saboga loses, Rupert might go, and MB can't want that. Or, could they paint one of the tribe's cubes so it can't work? Ah, there is a nice option. That tribe would just look stupid and no one would suspect the puzzle was rigged. Very easy to do since they are putting colors on the outside, so there is only one way (if any) to assemble each set of seven puzzle pieces into a cube. Maybe we can analyze the three matching pieces for each tribe later.

Something to think about.
Zorrosurvives

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
Wow, good stuff!!!

So Why is Shii Ann sitting out!!! we know she isn't such a wizard at puzzles-she lost to clay a game of 21, but she was excellent at the tangrams back in thailand.

The game is harder than I thought it was, only one configuration. Do you think that painting the outside makes it easier?

MM

02-13-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
26. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
And Kathy was the winning "caller" when she did it in her Season. Why is she one of the carriers and Richard the caller?

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
I, also being a big fan of the SOMA cube, noticed something interesting...In one of the caps from last week's overview (I think cap #3), I can clearly count NINE groups of 3 pieces, not 7 as are needed to build the traditional Soma cube. So either the tribes will be asked to build something else, or there are two extra pieces just to screw everyone up. Forget about hiding pieces in the bushes, zorro, I think we've figured out the element of surprise that MB threw into this challenge. The winning tribe will be the one to figure out that fact and correctly assemble the right 7 pieces to form their cube.

Skyisbluu

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-04, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-04 AT 07:36 AM (EST)

Good catch. I also noticed something odd, after reading this thread, and the painted outside making only one solution work instead of 240. Cap 7 - those three pices are not identical. The red and green piece are L's when facing them, with painted side toward you. The yellow is a backwards L (like this . . . _| ), anyway . . . So is the puzzle rigged??? Is yellow's L shape the right way or the wrong way?

As to timing, I don't think they are very careful about not sitting out two in a row from IC to RC. (I have no evidence for that conclusion; we should try to check that out.) So Amber sitting out, IMO, does not rule out RC. However, I still think it is IC. But what day is it on? Do they leave this set up for three days? Do they have the IC immediately following Jenna's departure, then edit it in as later?

02-14-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
29. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-04 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

Sky, what do you make of what looks to be game pieces in the very bottom of vid cap 3? TO me it looks like there is a green piece beside some bushes. Will there be three pieces over there?

Also, about the backward L, I think there are going to be all the same pieces. The other two backward Ls will be in there somewhere.

Edited to correct a spelling error.

02-14-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-04 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

What is Jeff standing next to here? Does it matter? Is Saboga ahead?

---
UDG
Edited for formatting.

02-14-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
31. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
UDG...that is a game piece for sure. If you look at those game pieces, they are of fairly big size. I do believe however that this is a structure that is being/been built.

One question I have is...what is Colby tripping over in this pic:

If you look at this pic, you will see the tribe mats...there is nothing around those mats to trip over. However, it looks like he is tripping over a frame or something...it doesn't look like a game piece in my opinion. The reason it doesn't look like a game piece to me is that those pieces are of bright color, the object he is tripping over looks more of a dull color.

02-14-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
32. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-04 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

You can watch him trip (over and over and over) on the CBS site. It's 7 seconds into the video preview. If you watch it in Real One, you can pause it, change the size, etc.

It's one of the Yellow L-shaped game pieces. The top is bright yellow. The back is dull colored. Here's a cap from the online preview that is a bit clearer, if smaller.

It makes sense. You have the Green M&Ms on the right and the Yellow Boogers in the middle. Apparently, after Colby dropped off his Green piece, he drifted into the Yellow assembly zone, instead of heading straight back into the collection area.

Edited to add, the VO for the preview after E3 had Jeff saying, "Ethan throws it on Colby," during that part of the clip.

---
UDG

02-14-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
33. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
LMAO@UDG....I don't wanna watch over and over! HEHEHEHE!

However, you are exactly correct! Thanks for this vid cap, it does make it all more clearly!

noone67 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-14-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail noone67 Click to send private message to noone67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: SOMA Cube Challenge"
I'm new new - but don't think anyone's mentioned this?

Could this be where someone (Colby?) gets the broken bone? Those things look heavy and they're getting wacked pretty good.

Just a thought...

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-04, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "probably not SOMA"
I too, thought this might be a SOMA puzzle when I first saw last week's episode, but in studying the vidcaps, I'm beginning to think it's not exactly so.

First, as others have already mentioned, there are (at least) 9 pieces, rather than the traditional 7. But even with the extra pieces, there are 3 pieces in the traditional 7 that are multi-level. As I scan vidcap #11, I see at least 7 groups of pieces that are single-level.

I thought at first that perhaps the puzzle might be a single-level puzzle, but vidcap #8 seems to show a two-level piece, and #20 confirms this, showing Lex with what clearly must be a two-level piece. But this could be the same piece, and it's the only two-level one I can see. I'm looking for the SOMA piece dubbed #7 (a two-level, in which a center block has one block attatched to each dimentional direction, if that makes sense), but I cannot find it.

Furthermore, in vidcap#7, the background pieces (behind the bushes) appear to be composed of *5* mini blocks, and there is no such SOMA piece (all have four, except piece 1, which has only 3). This might be a "red-herring" that must be discarded, except it would be a pretty obvious one, considering it has 4 mini-blocks in a row, making it unable to fit within a 3x3 cube.

Other posters have also noted the two different "L" shapes; there is only one such piece in SOMA. And it cannot be true that the extra L is a "red-herring" that must be discarded to solve the puzzle: a SOMA cube can be solved more easily with 2 L-shaped blocks than with the original 7 SOMA pieces; and I doubt if the challenge would be to form a cube with just any 7 pieces.

So my guess? I think they have to use all 9 (or however many there are) pieces, and I think the drawings on the pieces are essential to the puzzle--it will form a picture of some kind. But I don't have an answer to how the multi-level piece(s) would work into that puzzle.

02-14-04, 04:47 PM (EST)
35. "More caps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-04 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

Just a few more. I'll post anything more as I catch them.

02-14-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
36. "Observations:"
From some of the discussion above...some think that they will need to make a cube from 7 of the pieces. However, there are more than the 9 clusters seen in this pic:

I think this pic also shows us that there are far more than the 27 pieces from the above shot:

As you can see there are pieces in the bushes and you can go back up and see that there are 3-4 more groups in the bushes that are not in the overview shot. So, I think it will be something similar to what has been discussed but using more pieces.

From the above pic looks like Saboga gets a 2 piece lead over Chapera early on!

02-14-04, 06:15 PM (EST)
37. "And more..."

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-04, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: And more..."
Hmmm, in pics 40 and 41, Tom seems to be hoofing it and rushing, it also looks like Saboga and Mogo have alot of puzzle pieces already by that time. Richard seems pretty assured calling. I can't tell by the angle, but it looks like there's alot of green pieces in Sabogas square. It would be like Richard to mess around! The later camp pics further in the thread show a somber Chapera. Further confirmation it's not looking good for the red.

Boy, that contracter guy sure was right, what a mess Rupert made with his log cabin, too bad it's not a houseboat Hope he makes it right!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-04, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: More caps"

Is there a voiceover to go with these caps? I'm curious about the use of those two... are we being led to believe there's a battle between BostonRob and Alicia or there's misdirection away from RobC? I.e. Alicia is approached by RobC to boot out someone else and she mulls it over and then gets persuaded by BostonRob to go after RobC? I dunno.

02-15-04, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
Caps 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 show pretty clearly several facades and lead to what they are building. A cube that has the picture of each tribes symbol on it. It is the same symbol that has been on the rafts, mats, flags, opening credits, banners, you name it. It is all over S8. Here are pics of each:

Symbol

Raft

Tarp

Each tribe

Flag

At challenge

Mats

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-04, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-04 AT 11:29 PM (EST)

Great detective work, katie! (have I told you lately that you. simply. rock!?)

I'm not sure it's a "cube" though. See my thoughts re: SOMA above. Also, the design doesn't look like it would fit on a 3x3x3 cube--the pieces in the vidcaps that show a 3-block side don't show enough of a circle to form the complete edge of the design. And there aren't enough mini blocks to make a 4x4x4 cube (that'd require 64, and most guesses have the number of pieces at 9, which would make around 35). I'm still thinking that most of the puzzle is one-level, although now that I've put in the number of mini-blocks, it just occured to me that it could be a 3x3x4 structure. That would also allow for the 5-block piece (with four in a row) that is seen behind the bushes in pic 7, coupled with the shown 3-block piece, would make exactly 36, if there were nine pieces.

ETA: now that I think some more, I'm also not happy with a 3x3x4 design, because no face would be large enough (the largest being 3x4) to hold the circle design as shown on some of the pieces.

<==flashed by J_Loaf

02-16-04, 09:06 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Ep 4 Preview Vidcaps"
First of all, there is a light side and a dark side for the patterns:

In the pic above we see 3 left handed L's each with the light side coloring, and 3 right handed L's with the dark side coloring. We also see 3 T's with the light side on the faces and the dark side on the small end facing us. It also looks like there are some more L shaped pieces directly behind the bushes. Take note of the circle surrounding the logo. The left handed L and the T have the same dark green stripe surrounded by a light green fringe. The dark side blocks have just a solid light green circle.

In this picture we see a different angle of the T pieces, notice the L's are the same as the pic above. But here on the top of the green T we have an even lighter side with a solid dark green circle, therefore it must be painted on both ends with dark on the opposite end. Here and in the above pic, the L's also are painted on the small top piece, from this angle looks to be solid color. Now we can also look through the bushes and see yet another light side piece (looks almost like a C), yet the circle is made up of light green surrounded by dark green.

In this pic we see 3 small L's each with dark side coloring on the face and what looks like solid coloring on the top.

3 more L's, but green and red are left handed and the yellow is right handed. But the green one is what is the lightest side, hard to determine if red is light or lightest, and yellow is the light side. All other exposed faces are not painted, but possibly the back face is. Looking through the bushes you can see an offset T showing the yellow lightest side and solid on the small face.

So as a recap using green since we get to see more faces of it: 1. Dark background/circle solid light.
2. Medium background/circle dark with light trim.
3. Light background/circle solid dark
4. Solid dark
5. Solid light

It's possible for this to be a cube, I am going to try to count the actual number of cubes and get back later on that. If it is a cube, then one symbol on top, one on each opposite end with a solid one each opposite end and nothing on the bottom. That's my best guess based on the caps.

02-16-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
50. "Cube inventory"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-04 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

Ok, here is what I can see/count/confirm from the vidcaps:

4 big L's at 4 cubes each= 16 cubes
2 regular T's at 4 cubes each= 8 cubes
1 small L at 3 cubes= 3 cubes
1 zee at 4 cubes= 4 cubes
1 long T at 5 cubes= 5 cubes
1 flat corner at 5 cubes= 5 cubes
1 pronged corner at 4 cubes= 4 cubes
1 zee with projection at 5 cubes= 5 cubes
1 C at 5 cubes= 5 cubes

That gives us a total of 55 cubes. If there are 2 shapes that I can't detect 1 at 5 cubes and 1 at 4 cubes then it totals 64 and would mean that the overall cube that they must build would be 4 x 4 x 4. The largest piece with a 4 cube base is the long T shown in cap 7 (look through the bushes):

So like I said above, I think there are 3 patterned sides, and 2 solid sides with the bottom having no color.

It also appears to me that Chapera is very much behind the other two tribes, and this is definately for immunity, we can see the II on the podium near Jeff.

ETA: Just for the record in Thailand when they did this challenge, they were handcuffed to their loved ones and didn't have to go far to get pieces, were not blindfold, and the finished cube was 3 x 3 x 3.

02-16-04, 03:23 PM (EST)
55. "Another thought"
You guys may have already seen/read this but over at SFever for the "inside the challenge" is a good read and some good ideas...

http://www.survivorfever.net/inside_challenges_all_stars_ep4.html

02-16-04, 03:36 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Another thought"
No, I hadn't seen that Doc, but I disagree with it to some extent, in that I see more pieces in the caps and don't believe it to be hollow. I agree on the different pics on the outside faces.

02-16-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Another thought"
Yeah, I don't buy that there hollow. However, I am still stumped to how many pieces there are and if all are needed.

I did an inventory like you did yesterday and got frustrated in that we are not shown all of them. I think there are going to be some blocks behind those bushes and trees.

Anyways, I thought the article was a good read. At least another take on things.

02-16-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Another thought"
Wow, KOB, that's a pretty extensive analysis. Nice work!

So here's my thought - I don't think they're building cubes. This just seems like it would be way too complex for the tribe to do.

In pic 03 we see a nice overhead view of the area they're working in. There's a square area marked in the sand right next to each tribe's logo. I'm certain they need to assemble their pieces in regular puzzle style to create their logos.

Now, maybe there are four versions of the logos and they need to create each kind. We see different color/shading on the pieces in the other pictures, so that's why I say that.

The final strike against cube building is my assumption that the callers must sit on the towers next to each puzzle assembly area. If they were to build cubes, the callers would need to be able to move around the building area to see what each side looks like.

-BbB

02-16-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Another thought"
Once they get all the pieces into the square sandy area, then they take off their blindfolds to assemble the cube, they don't stay blind during assembly. I still think it has to be a 4 x 4 cube from the geometric pieces.

02-16-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Another thought"
Guh! I hadn't thought of that scenario. I'm starting to feel sorry for these people.
-BbB

zorrosurvives 30 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-04, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zorrosurvives Click to send private message to zorrosurvives Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "4x4x4 Cube"
Ok, you have convinced me. It must be a 4x4x4 cube. The tribe designs on the sides (which should make the puzzle easier to put together) will not fit on a 3x3x3 cube. Lighter and darker sides should also help people figure out the puzzle.

Also, I am not saying anyone tampered with this challenge. I just said it could be easy to do.

Also, you mentioned a "T" shape and said 4 cubes. Seems like a "T" would take 5 cubes at least.

(Now, if I could get them all to sing while assembling the cube, I might have a shot at the CBS contest).

02-17-04, 05:44 AM (EST)
69. "RE: 4x4x4 Cube"
If you look at the caps above, there are 2 different kinds of T's, the short one which is 3 across the base and 1 cube projecting to make the T (4 cubes) the other is an offset T with 4 across the base and one projecting (not centered) which is 5 cubes.

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-15-04, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Rob's finger"
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not and if so forgive me for bringing it up again. In cap #12 it looks like Rob has a broken right index finger. Cap #36 shows it wrapped also. I guess being a masseuse I notice hands...lol.

Magic Fingers

02-16-04, 00:39 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Rob's finger"
Magic Fingers,

I agree with you, nice catch! Do you have any theory on why his index finger looks normal in picture 14? Pictures 12-14 are supposed to be in sequence. Could they be out of sequence?

Have you gotten any help trying to find a cool signature picture yet?

02-16-04, 08:03 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Rob's finger"
He had a bandage on his hand in the last episode. It doesn't show how he got hurt, but you can see the bandages.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-04, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Rob's finger"
"He had a bandage on his hand in the last episode. It doesn't show how he got hurt, but you can see the bandages."

Where? I just looked at the squences at the aborted IC and couldn't spot a bandage on his right index finger. And in the night time squence where the bandage is visible, just a few frames later, this one appears:

Isn't that his right index finger in this shot?

02-16-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Rob's finger"
It was actually in Ep2, clearly shown when he was trying to start the fire. The bandage was on his right hand, and it taped his pointer and middle fingers together. I don't have a vidcap, but I just rewatched the tape of the show.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Rob's finger"
"It was actually in Ep2, clearly shown when he was trying to start the fire."

Ah...so it was. The bandage wasn't there after the reward challenge, but in this shot, supposedly back in camp, right after the reward challenge, it was there.

And it's a different bandage than shown in the night shot...

I guess it's just another example of the out-of-sequence editing. And obviously, the injury was too mundane to make the final editing...

02-16-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Rob's finger"
I can see now how Rob had his fingers wrapped before. I agree it does prove to us that they use pictures out of sequence. What with most people trying to get a fire started at the beginning, I am sure there are many hurting hands.

GB, no I do not have a signature picture yet. I am not very good with computers and don't know how to even begin getting one. So if any of you out there can put one together for me it would be great. I am a massage therapist and I am sure someone could have fun with that! Thanks!

Magic Fingers

02-16-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Rob's finger"
A good example of editing out of sequence is KO's reference to Rudy drinking out of the reward pot BEFORE they showed us the challenge!

Fingers...go over to the Off Topic board people over there will help with a sig pic! The link is on the left side about 3/4 of the way down!

02-17-04, 00:33 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Rob's finger"
Thanks Vols. I also noticed that Rob had a hat on in pic #14 but no hat in #12. You would think they could do a better job of piecing pics to make us think they were in sequence!

02-16-04, 05:45 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Rob's finger"
MAGIC FINGERS!

Spoilers please skip this one. I am just trying to help another newbie!

I also had trouble getting a signature picture. Mine still isn't that great. But I was able to come up with a temporary one for you if you would like.

Do you like this?

If so, click on the User button above the list of spoiler threads. Then click on Modify your Profiles and..., Submit. Then at the bottom of the profile update is a place to put your signature. You have to have the picture / file available on the web for that. I already uploaded this one for you. The address is:
http: // community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/4031421364f37a04.jpg
You can use your mouse and highlight this address. Right click and copy, then go into User, etc. Right click and paste the address. Be sure to DELETE ALL SPACES I had to add to the address so you could read the address. If you don't like it, that is OK. Good luck to you!

02-16-04, 08:22 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Rob's finger"
Woo Hoo GB! Thank you so much for the help.

02-17-04, 00:02 AM (EST)
67. "RE: Rob's finger"
Magic Fingers,

Any time. I got a new one too!

02-16-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
53. "Alicia carrying"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-04 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

Vid Cap 26 shows who I believe to be Alicia just above the yellow piece. Therefore Sue must be calling for Chapera.

Edited to correct tribe name.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Alicia carrying"

I think that's Amber out of her seat. ???

02-16-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Alicia carrying"
It could be. I didn't notice the empty seat on the sit-out bench. The women doesn't look black, but does look like she has on a baseball type cap. In a close up of Rob C and Amber, she is not wearing a hat. Of course this is a long challenge and she could put one on.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •