The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

GangGreen 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-23-00, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GangGreen Click to send private message to GangGreen Click to check IP address of the poster
"SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"

I just had to get on here and rant for a few lines. I didn't pick the winner and don't care, I also didn't pick Kelly, I don't even care who picked whom, but I don't think anybody saw Kelly's four immunities coming or the way that they handled the tie (Kelly blew it there).

In the end though . . . RICH?! He's a coniving, pompous, arrogant bastard (I loved the comments of Gervase, Jenna and Colleen when they voted -- I was hoping that Sue's speech would backfire).

When Rich won I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that I've only felt once before -- when OJ was acquited -- it's the feeling of injustice. I know that I'll get over this -- it really doesn't mean a thing to me -- but I really feel Kelly should have won. She tried to play the game and tried to be human -- that was her fault. I think that one of the best moments in tonight's show was when she named Jenna's girls -- it was sincere.

Richard was just on the aftershow saying that he plans to use some of the money to help troubled teens. I still don't believe him. I think that the only person more despicable on that stage is Bryant Gumble. A lot a decent people are there too -- they were voted off long ago.

Now the 11 o'clock news on CBS is a half hour of self back-patting. The whole thing makes me feel sick now and there's only one thing I'm sure of -- I WILL NOT WATCH SURVIVOR 2.

So if MB does follow these boards, I hope you're taken note of the fact that you've lost a viewer for the next round. To Jeff Probst -- go back to Rock n Roll Jeopardy -- it's less cutthroat.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAIN... wdaveo 08-23-00 1
   RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAIN... wdaveo 08-23-00 2
       RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAIN... DrAndrew 08-23-00 3
       the world of 'production' melissa 08-23-00 4
           RE: the world of 'production' jeffox 08-24-00 5
           RE: the world of 'production' SurvivorBlows 08-24-00 6
               RE: the world of 'production' BlueDude 08-24-00 16
 RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAIN... Laney 08-24-00 7
   Laney's comments AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-00 8
       RE: Laney's comments dangerboy 08-24-00 9
           Rudy & Richard AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-00 10
               Get over it!!! finner 08-24-00 11
                   RE: Get over it!!! Jamieann 08-24-00 12
               RE: Rudy & Richard modulated 08-24-00 13
                   RE: Richard AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-00 14
                   I don't endorse Richard's parenting... dangerboy 08-24-00 17
                       RE: I don't endorse Richard's paren... AyatollahKhomeini 08-26-00 20
                           I don't know why I'm still discussi... dangerboy 08-27-00 21
 RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAIN... GangGreen 08-24-00 15
   RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAIN... Hunydou 08-24-00 18
       RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAIN... qwkslvr 08-25-00 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wdaveo 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-23-00, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wdaveo Click to send private message to wdaveo Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"
You know, I agree with you. After everything Kelly had gone through, I was really rooting for her. Call me a sore loser, but when Rich won - I wasn't enjoying it at all anymore. I couldn't enjoy the town hall meeting with everyone being so happy and Sue being, well, just being Sue. It really disgusted me. It made me feel like I had wasted alot of my time on this show only to be disappointed in the end. I realize that's not the right attitude to take - but it is the way I feel right now. Yea, maybe I am taking it too seriously. I should just enjoy the journey no matter the destination.

wdaveo 10 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-00, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wdaveo Click to send private message to wdaveo Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"
I just wanted to add to my post that this really isn't CBS's fault - they did not determine the winner. I think the problem with these types of shows is that we get to know the people on them (they are REAL people, not actors) and form an emotional attachment. Maybe CBS could have made Rich more likable so that we wouldn't be so disappointed. I don't know - I am actually looking forward to watching the first 8 episodes which I never saw. I will not watch the last five episodes again.

DrAndrew 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-23-00, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrAndrew Click to send private message to DrAndrew Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"
The real problem that many people will have with the outcome is that it's not typical Hollywood i.e. the "nice" person does not win. In reality (corporate and real world, per se) the most ruthless people are those who get ahead. Those who remain ethical and true usually lose out. Yes, they can live with themselves, but in the end do they really get ahead? His strategy was brilliant and well planned out, and it paid off. Can he live with himself and the negative media portrayals? Survivor will continue to be in the news as this is followed. I look forward to it!

Cheers!

melissa 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-23-00, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melissa Click to send private message to melissa Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "the world of 'production'"
You see, Mark Burnett Productions are the people responsible for filming editing and handing over the finished product to the television stations that purchase the rights to air the show.
CBS has nothing to do with content, they are merely responsible for selling commercials and buying entertaining shows for their network..
There are tons of shows that get made that get sold to crappy little affiliate stations, that we never get to see, they're seen locally.
Now MBP sold the show all over the world and many people watched it on CBS, but up here in Canada we watched it on Global TV.
Now because CBS has some $$ they would have purchased the rights to run the official web site. But usually the original production company will hold onto the legal rights to syndicate and to merchandise. ie: whore it aroung the globe and have everyone wearing survivor t-shirts, drinking out of survivor glasses and wiping their hynies with survivor TP.
The show got it's original funding from all those lovely product placements and from pre-sales to networks like CBS and GlobalTV.

jeffox 17 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jeffox Click to send private message to jeffox Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: the world of 'production'"
Would the Survivor TP look anything like bible pages?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-00, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: the world of 'production'"
We came soooo close, for a second there I thought we were going to have picked right... but I started to worry when she picked Rich... I was afriad something just like this would happen, I'd have taken my chances with Rudy

BlueDude 17 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueDude Click to send private message to BlueDude Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: the world of 'production'"
I'd
>have taken my chances with
>Rudy

No you wouldn't have, you're lying. Nobody in their right mind would go up against someone as uncontroversial as Rudy. The ONLY chance Rudy had to make it into the finals was to win that final immunity challenge. The three other rats would never have picked Grampa Teddy Bear. Only you would have. That makes you stupider than Susan.

Laney 60 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Laney Click to send private message to Laney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"
Thank you for putting into words exactly how I feel, and a lot better then I ever could. It broke my heart that Kelly could name Jenna's daughter's first and middle names.

MB: you should have edited things differently. You tried to make Kelly look so bad-- What did she do to Sue?

Rich: I saw your interview on Dateline about your alleged abuse. I think the interview was intended to make you look better-- after I viewed it I really disliked you more. If you have a problem with your child's weight you don't take them out on a 7 mile run at 4:30AM on a school day! Any Doctor will tell you that. I believe the charges against you. I feel sorry for your kid because it looks like you even play mind games with him. You told him, "This is unacceptable!" Unacceptable that he wouldn't want to go on a SEVEN MILE RUN at 4:30 in the MORNING on a SCHOOL DAY??? God, Rich you are evil.

Reebok: having contracts with two of the most hated people on the island. Exspecially Susan. I will be changing the channel.

***End of my rant*** Sorry for anyone I have offended.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-24-00, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Laney's comments"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-00 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

But first things first: to Webby. Against Rudy, I thought the only votes Kelly could be sure of were Colleen and Gervase. Against Richard, I figured she had those two plus Jenna. Against either of them, she would have lost the three ex-Tagi votes. The only way I thought Kelly could be confident of winning was against Susan, because Sean would have voted for her.

Now to Laney's comments. I've been a little glib here tonight about my feelings, but Laney has raised a real issue. Actually, I've stated in other posts that, from the reaction of the judge, Richard must have been targeted by the RI child welfare group. But his "Dateline NBC" clip made him seem like the last person who should be permitted to adopt a child. I can't help but feel sorry for a child who has to be subjected to such crap.

Other than the fact that I picked her to win, I didn't have any particular attachment to Kelly. But it appeared in the first IC that she really had cared about some of the people she had been on the island with, including Jenna. When Susan flamed her so unbelievably (apparently Soozin was ticked that Kelly wasn't as big of an a**hole as Soozin is), I really wanted her to win. But it was not to be. Thanks, Greg.

And I agree that Reebok is a big loser here. Reebok ads with Richard and Susan will do more to boost Nike sales than Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan put together. I wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin's governor feels it necessary to make a public statement within the next two days that Susan is not representative of the people in his state.

I still enjoyed the show. But, other than Kelly, I don't think the Tagi Alliance will enjoy the fallout from it.

"Richard's winning alliance: Dr. Alphabet, Space Cadet, Archie Bunker, and Sore Loser."

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Laney's comments"
Greg really is a space cadet isn't he? Jesus! Pick a number? What an idiot. With idiots like that in the pool then what difference is there about strategizing? You might as well flip a coin. Reebok really is screwed if they made a contract with Susan. Either that or put her through some real ##### on the commercials. I'd respond well to ads of Susan tied up over a bed of ants or some such torture (not really). As to Richard's troubles with the law. I just don't know. He's been overweight and knows what that would do to his kid. So he takes the working out seriously. And the running has been surprisingly successful for him (he lost over 130 pounds throughout this process). I just think the state shouldn't get into people's lives like it has with him. Remember, his kid was in 8 homes before being adopted by Richard and so there is more to it than just a kid being abused. This child requires some discipline and Richard seems sincere in providing the best for him. Running at 4 in the morning is NOT abuse (except in my case). Anyway, sorry to get off the topic, but I agree the TA looks bad. But you know, Rudy really came out looking good. His word was his bond - right to the end. Honest to the bone. My hat's off to him.

Like the Dominoe's commercials - Bad Susan, good show.

08-24-00, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Rudy & Richard"
Rudy won one immunity challenge, thanks to Jenna's help. He promptly voted her off the island. Nice guy.

All kidding aside, I agree that Richard is to be commended in principle for adopting a child who'd bounced through several foster homes. Speaking as a parent though, there is a limit as to how far you can push children. A seven-mile run at 4:30 AM on a school day crosses that limit. If he's really so concerned about the boy being overweight, maybe Richard could take the boy to his liposuction surgeon?

finner 58 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finner Click to send private message to finner Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Get over it!!!"
I would have felt the exact same way as most of you, had Kelly won. Rich deserved to win, and I think he would have won by a larger margin if Sue wouldn't have made that awful speech. He played the best, stayed true to his strategy, and didn't lie to any of the contestants(only lied to Probst). I picked Rich from the beginning, and I'm one of the few that liked the guy. I think alot to do with endearing yourself to a contestant is whether or not you watch the show as a soap opera or a game. I obviously watch it as a game, and don't think Kelly played the game well enough to deserve the final reward.

Jamieann 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jamieann Click to send private message to Jamieann Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Get over it!!!"
Rich stole the show and earned his million. Imagine this show WITHOUT Rich...practically another Big Brother debaucle!
Susan deserves the Reebok deal just for that scene she put on at the 'jury trial'. BRAVO!

modulated 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 04:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail modulated Click to send private message to modulated Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rudy & Richard"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-00 AT 04:46 AM (EST)

>All kidding aside, I agree that
>Richard is to be commended
>in principle for adopting a
>child who'd bounced through several
>foster homes. Speaking as
>a parent though, there is
>a limit as to how
>far you can push children.
> A seven-mile run at
>4:30 AM on a school
>day crosses that limit.
>If he's really so concerned
>about the boy being overweight,
>maybe Richard could take the
>boy to his liposuction surgeon?
>

It sounds like you folks don't have the whole story. Check out a story here: http://www.extratv.com/cmp/spotlight/2000/05_05b.htm

Just a tidbit: ("His father then made him do fifty push ups and when he did not do them right he pushed his face into the ground." Based on Chris's (the son) account and "red marks and a scrape on his forehead," Hatch was charged with child abuse.)

The story I linked to is pretty pro-Richard, but it describes abuse. Fat or not, you don't (mis)treat a 9-year-old like a grown soldier in basic training. We may never know the whole story, but lets stop with the glowing endorsement of Richard's parenting. I hope the kid sues him for a million bucks.

08-24-00, 08:09 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Richard"
I hope my comments didn't sound like an endorsement of Rich's parenting... Sorry if they did.

08-24-00, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I don't endorse Richard's parenting but I also don't condemn it."
Hope a kid sues his dad for a million bucks over some scratches? Let me guess, you're a lawyer. Better living through litigation. No wonder our teenage generation is so $!@#$%&* up! What did you expect him to do to the kid when he refused to go any further? Make him take a time-out? Go stand in the corner? So he was firm and he went a little far. BUT it is not ABUSE. And the STATE shouldn't be taking this child away. Why don't we all just abdicate our responsibilities and just let the State take care of our problems? You think this would have gone as far if Rich had been heterosexual or married? It just seems to me like RI is targeting him.

08-26-00, 01:18 AM (EST)
20. "RE: I don't endorse Richard's parenting but I also don't condemn it."
Yeah, I agree with this too. So maybe I should make my position a little clearer.

First, I think Rich is probably a really lousy parent. I think our teenage generation would be in much worse shape if we all had parents like Richard. Humiliation rarely achieves long-term positive results as a parenting technique (in English, that means kids react to humiliation with resentment, which destroys the parent-child relationship).

I also don't think Richard would have been considered as a possible adoptive parent for an "easy-placement" child. Most people only want to adopt certain types of children, generally babies. It's hard to find people who are willing to take on the challenges inherent in an older child who has been through difficult times, But, to get a child, Richard was willing to take a child with some problems. In general, it's better for these children to have parents than to remain in foster care. So, everyone makes compromises. One compromise was probably accepting someone like Richard as a possible adoptive parent. The state would therefore be likely to watch Richard closely and take action to remove the child more quickly.

Although I can justify the state's action, I agree that this was a clear overreaction on its part. If this is child abuse, then the standards for abuse have become far too lax. Poor parenting skills do not equal abuse.

08-27-00, 05:42 PM (EST)
21. "I don't know why I'm still discussing this show...."
You know, alot of what went on during the show are things I just can't let go of. It's pretty obvious that Richard was targeted by the state of RI because a judge went so far as to state that they over-reached their authority (something not often done). I'm not big on long runs in the wee hours of the morning (I have done that more than I care to remember in my military days) but I have seen what it can do for weight loss. So what I'm saying is that I see where Rich was going with the situation, I just don't like state agencies getting into people's lives and taking away children. I don't like Richard all that much but I think he's sincere about raising Chris and we'll see how that goes. I am sure that this will not be the last we hear about Rich.
Anyway, once again I am agreeing with AyaK. Who would have thunk it - me,after living in the Middle East for the last two years, agreeing with a dead muslim cleric.
You're probably right that since this is a "problem placement" , Rich is living an "alternative lifestyle" , and the child was injured (however slight it might be) - given these factors the state may be watching him a little more closely than it would others. I still don't like it though. I can think of few things worse than to take away a child.

Anyway, enough already - I think I'll go back to calling Sue a b#tch on another topic.

GangGreen 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-00, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GangGreen Click to send private message to GangGreen Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"
I'm glad to see that some of you agree with me. I was thinking more this morning (seeing Rich on the morning news and on the front page of every paper) about why I wanted Kelly to wim more than Richard. I think that what I hate most about Richard is his arrogance and egotism, and his air of self-importance and superiority. That's never attractive in a person -- vanity is one of the seven deadly sins and I hope it gets him. Kelly made mistakes, but they were human mistakes. Someone else has made the point that Kelly was probably pulled into the alliance because of who her teammates were -- later she tried to get out
-- she made mistakes in judgment and may have had some character defects, but I think that most of us think, or hope, that we are a little more like Kelly than Richard. I know I'd rather be accused of stealing a dinner at Olive Garden than abusing a child. I think that I also feel bad that Richard's character (and I mean personality) won. I know that people like that get ahead in the real world, but it's still disheartening to see it, and watch it, and cheer for it. That's what makes Survivor different from other game shows -- the reward didn't go to the most intelligent or skillful or luckiest -- it went to Richard.

Hunydou 16 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hunydou Click to send private message to Hunydou Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"
With regards to Richard's supposed child abuse, the story that you linked to was very, very old. Since then, the charges have been dropped and the police responsible for the arrest have been reprimanded by a judge in court for overstepping the boundaries without proof. Rich is now suing for a lot of money and he has a good case.

It is questionable as to why someone would take a kid out for a jog that early in the morning. It seems very extreme to me -- too extreme. In that sense, I think Richard was wrong.

However, Richard did not supposedly make the child run at anything faster than a slow jog. The accusations of physical abuse seem to have been made up by the child, who has a history of making up unfounded accusations to hurt the various foster parents that he had been living with. That is why he was shuffled through so many homes before coming to stay with Rich about two years ago. I believe he was the unwanted son of a prostitute. Instead of checking out the child's history, they simply arrested Richard on the child's testimony.

Before Rich went on Survivor, the child had already caused some trouble by spreading false stories -- he claimed that a neighbor had sexually abused another neighbor child. Others who are familiar with Rich and his son claim that the boy is very emotionalunstable (because of his background) and Rich does all he can to give the child some stability. Perhaps this is the reason for his overcompensation with regards to their early morning jogs. Supposedly, it took Rich a long time to gain the boy's trust after his miserable experiences in other homes and Rich went through hell to adopt him. The child is also mocked by his schoolmates for being overweight, and Rich, who suffered from the same abuse, says that he doesn't want his son to go through the same hell that he did.

Of course, this is all from published newspaper accounts in the last couple of months. One never really knows what happened. But I don't think we should presume to know. We don't know why Kelly stole the credit card to eat at the Olive Garden or bit her husband's nose, either -- but I don't think it's our place to judge when we don't have all the facts. She may have been duped into using the card or really felt in danger of attack by her husband.

And I don't think that either of them have done anything so terrible that it would reflect on how much they deserved the money -- that should be based solely on how they acted on the show.

qwkslvr 80 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwkslvr Click to send private message to qwkslvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: SPOILER -- THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS THE WINNER"
>Instead of checking out the child's history, they simply arrested Richard on the child's testimony.<

One article I read had a statement from the social worker involved saying that they had to arrest Rich because injuries were involved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •