The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ASS Opening Sequence"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

speedyforme 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-05-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ASS Opening Sequence"
OKOK I know it's stupid but I wonder if anyone said this before...

If you notice about each tribe...IM GENERAL:

Saboga (all members are KINDA seen working or seen around their camp working or something, Jenna L carrying bamboo, Jerri throwing those leaf thingies, Tina chopping coconut etc...)

CHAEPRA (very obvious this is a FIRE tribe...fire around almost everyone's pictures/shots everything from ROB C's pic, to TOM's tprch in water to the Chapera tribe celebrating with flames, the rubbing of sticks/string to make flame etc...)

MOGO MOGO (purely water tribe, SHI ANN in water swimming, same with Kathy, the shot right before Richard with the bamboo raft in water, the big shot of the islands etc...)

Does this have ANY signifcance at all?

I kno this sound stupid but ya kno...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 follow the star idiotcowboy 02-05-04 1
 RE: ASS Opening Sequence Blow by Blow 02-06-04 2
   Astrological signs RollDdice 02-08-04 10
       RE: Astrological signs PepeLePew13 02-08-04 11
           RE: Astrological signs RollDdice 02-09-04 24
               RE: Astrological signs dabo 02-09-04 26
 RE: ASS Opening Sequence redbeard103152 02-06-04 3
 RE: ASS Opening Sequence mistofleas 02-06-04 4
   RE: ASS Opening Sequence speedyforme 02-08-04 5
       RE: ASS Opening Sequence Oscirus 02-08-04 6
           RE: ASS Opening Sequence speedyforme 02-08-04 7
       RE: ASS Opening Sequence janisella 02-08-04 9
   RE: ASS Opening Sequence TeamJoisey 02-08-04 12
       RE: ASS Opening Sequence I_AM_HE 02-09-04 14
 RE: ASS Opening Sequence KObrien_fan 02-08-04 8
 RE: ASS Opening Sequence dabo 02-08-04 13
   RE: ASS Opening Sequence PepeLePew13 02-09-04 16
       RE: ASS Opening Sequence udg 02-09-04 17
           RE: ASS Opening Sequence KObrien_fan 02-09-04 18
               RE: ASS Opening Sequence dabo 02-09-04 21
                   It's Kathy PepeLePew13 02-10-04 28
                       RE: It's Kathy KObrien_fan 02-10-04 29
                           RE: It's Kathy PepeLePew13 02-10-04 30
 RE: ASS Opening Sequence Draco Malfoy 02-09-04 15
   RE: ASS Opening Sequence speedyforme 02-09-04 19
       RE: ASS Opening Sequence Draco Malfoy 02-09-04 20
 RE: ASS Opening Sequence Oscirus 02-09-04 22
 RE: ASS Opening Sequence Brownroach 02-09-04 23
   RE: ASS Opening Sequence I_AM_HE 02-09-04 25
   RE: ASS Opening Sequence speedyforme 02-09-04 27
       REAmber/Kathy VerucaSalt 02-10-04 31
           RE: REAmber/Kathy mistofleas 02-10-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-05-04, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "follow the star"
anyone remember that one?

Take a close look at the intro and the sun shot is right before Sue and right after Tom (twice).

Not that I personally think it means anything

-ICB

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-06-04, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
Well if you take work around camp to mean they're grounded in the earth, then you've got three of the primitive elements - fire, earth, water. All you need to add is air, and JP adds plenty of that.

-BbB

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-08-04, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Astrological signs"
Well if you take work around camp to mean they're grounded
in the earth, then you've got three of the primitive elements - fire, earth, water. All you need to add is air, and JP adds plenty of that.

Well factor this in... Jerri is a Gemini and Amber's moon is the House of Pancakes.

Mark "Full of Taurus" Burnett

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-04, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Astrological signs"
Mmm, remind me to stop by at an IHOP while I'm in New York next month...there's a sign of scrambled eggs with Lamber as well, except it's scrambled brains not eggs.

And that's not all, didn't Lamber hang a moon to a camera some time after S2?

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Astrological signs"
And that's not all, didn't Lamber hang a moon to a camera some time after S2?

Would that be a "Moon over My Hammy"? *

* Don't groan at me people, that's an actual IHOP menu entry.

Mark "Bring on the nudity/ratings" Burnett

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Astrological signs"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

OFG's astronalysis

http://www.acmebraintrust.com/index.php?page=457&parent=449

http://www.acmebraintrust.com/index.php?page=458&parent=449

http://www.acmebraintrust.com/index.php?page=456&parent=449

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-06-04, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
And remember one of the possible key quotes of this game. The one who gets the fire first controls the game.May be the clue to look for the winner of the game to come from the Chapera tribe, the one who is linked with fire.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
Last season Webby was nice enought to vid-cap the opening sequence for those that like to see if the winner is hidden in there somewhere. Is someone willing to do this for ASS?

I've noticed several things in the opening sequence that are reminiscent of his tricks of old. There are 2 different times when there are people alone with a torch and one with someone coming out of the water with a conch.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in the opening sequence but I must admit I enjoy playing with it.

--thinks MB may have put the winner in this time just for old times sake

02-08-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speedyforme Click to send private message to speedyforme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
found this at sucks

http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm9.showMessage?topicID=7566.topic

Hello, I'm new to posting, so I apologize if the following is already part of another thread.

Has anyone noticed in past intro credits that:

Vecepia appeared 4th in her tribe for S4

Jenna M. appeared 6th in her tribe for S6

& Sandra appeared 7th in her tribe for S7

Curiously, Amber is the 8th contestant to appear in s8

Also, this may be nothing, but the sun/fire has been associated with some past winners in the credits. In the All-Star intro, the sun sets right after saboga, while it rises for Chapera. Fire and torches also appear throughout the Chapera intro. Any thoughts?

Again, I apologize if this has been mentioned previously.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-08-04, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
would be interesting except where does brian appear in s5 and while the rest were that appearance number in their tribe amber is the 8th contestant period.

02-08-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
7. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
yeah, there are too many theories for the opening...

im starting to think MB puts a diff one per season...

if at all

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
I'm pretty sure in S1 Pagong was first, and then Tagi, so Richard wasn't first.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-08-04, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"

We saw Richard coming out of the water, but they blurred his conch.

You've been a great crowd! Don't forget to tip your waiter...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"

*thinks it's funny a shot of a coconut follows Tina's intro*

"Well, Rob, I never thought I’d say this, but after watching this episode I’d have to say, no, you do not have “Stupid” written on your forehead. “Hypocritical, Ignorant, Confrontational, Homophobic, Obnoxious, Arrogant, Nauseating, Manipulative, Bully”, yes, but not “Stupid”. “Stupid” is written on your penis. In little, tiny letters." - dangerkitty, S4 Ep 6 Summary - RMMNW!!!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
Sounds to me like this is more of a hindsight type thing anyway rather then a spoiler, as unless you wanted to come up with some way to fit the opening sequence to the known spoilers to get the projected outcome you seek.

I don't see how it could help be definitive on who was the sole survivor.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

02-08-04, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
SurvivorFever's opening sequence vidcaps:

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_open_seq_1.html

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_open_seq_2.html

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_open_seq_3.html

02-09-04, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
Hmmm. Who's this in the pic being hugged by Lamber? The hair's too shiny and well-kept to be Soozin, and it's not Alicia either. Looks like Kathy or JennaL?

If we can nail it down who this person is, it may help us determine who also lasts further in the game and eliminate a boot possibility for the next few episodes.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-09-04, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
The first place to check would be the scene where everyone was hugging in E1.

---
UDG

02-09-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
I thought the same thing UDG since both look very clean in this pic.

02-09-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
21. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
The tribes didn't even see each other until the first immunity challenge. And they weren't shown mixing together at all, in fact they technically aren't allowed to. It could be Kathy, indicating that Amber and Kathy both end up on the same tribe at some point. Or it could be a visiting loved-one, which would be a further indication that Amber goes deep in the game.

Good catch, Pepe!

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

02-10-04, 06:47 AM (EST)
28. "It's Kathy"
I dug out the tape of the opening episode. It IS Kathy with her pink top that Lamber is hugging. The tribes did not get to mingle during the first IC either.

So we know Kathy makes it to at least the first merge.

02-10-04, 07:11 AM (EST)
29. "RE: It's Kathy"
I still don't think this confirms that either one makes the merge. First of all, this picture looks too clean to be any length of time in the game. Second of all, just because they didn't show much interaction at the challenges between tribes does not mean that they weren't allowed to give each other hello hugs that were picked up on camera but edited out of the episode. We only get to see a smidge of all the hours of filming.

02-10-04, 07:21 AM (EST)
30. "RE: It's Kathy"
If it'll help, Lamber was wearing her buff on her head in the first IC when the tribes first got to see each other (remember, they weren't allowed to know who were on the other tribes before the first IC)... and in this hugging picture with Kathy, Lamber doesn't have her buff on the head. So it's not during the first IC that this exchange takes place.

My money's on this taking place when there's a reshuffling or merge and they get to greet each other as tribemates for the first time.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 06:25 AM (EST)

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but weren't Rob M. and Lamber the only whose "glamour shots" were shown BEFORE their "action shots"?

Just thinkin...

ETA: Just looked at the vidcaps... Tina's was also done like that. Hints for first boot and F2?

"Won't it be dull when we rid ourselves of all these demons haunting us, to keep us company?"
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:279.5 Loss To Date:-59.5

02-09-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
19. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
so was RUPERTS....

um COLBYs....actualy, so many more...

when you say GLAMOUR SHOTS to ACTUAL SHOTS, do you mean video versus photos??

because everyone has their videos moments before photos...

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

Most of the Survivors have their "action shot" before their "still shot". However, I noticed while re-watching E2 that it's reversed for RobM and Lamber, still shot BEFORE action. Tina is like this also, but no one else is, assuming the vidcaps are in the correct order.

"Won't it be dull when we rid ourselves of all these demons haunting us, to keep us company?"
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:279.5 Loss To Date:-59.5

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
I wonder if theres an actual reason why some pictures appeared to be dug up from the sand. Only thing I can think of is treasure but im probably looking too hard for something where there is nothing.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-04 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

The only thing that struck me about the opening credits is that Rob and Amber are adjacent to each other. I don't believe the F2 have ever been placed next to each other in the opening credits, have they?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"

yeah, i thought that was odd too BR. Tom's the only one shown with a torch, which i hope is a good sign

"Well, Rob, I never thought I’d say this, but after watching this episode I’d have to say, no, you do not have “Stupid” written on your forehead. “Hypocritical, Ignorant, Confrontational, Homophobic, Obnoxious, Arrogant, Nauseating, Manipulative, Bully”, yes, but not “Stupid”. “Stupid” is written on your penis. In little, tiny letters." - dangerkitty, S4 Ep 6 Summary - RMMNW!!!

02-09-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
27. "RE: ASS Opening Sequence"
well:

S1, Richard was right before Kelly W

S2 - Colby was 1st on his tribe, and Tina was last

s3 - Kim J was right before Ethan

s4 - diff tribes for final 2

s5 - Brian and Clay had no relation (I DONT THINK)

s6 - diff tribes for final 2

s7 - diff tribes for final 2

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "REAmber/Kathy"
I did locate some pictures from the first episode that "may" negate this (unfortunately) but I am certainly open to a no, no, no, Veruca!

With regard to this picture......

At first I thought this is great because in this picture, we do see Amber with her buff and Kathy's hair down upon introductions before the challenge which does not match a ponytailed Kathy and non buffed Amber in the OS picture.........

Then I did notice Amber in the challenge aftermath without her buff on her forehead and thought, oops.... BUT Kathy's hair was down so we are still good to go.........

But then I saw the challenge picture and Kathy's hair is now in a ponytail as opposed to when she first arrived.........

And if you notice, Kathy's hair when dry is a lot blonder, it appears that the OS pic, there may be some wet hair going on there and you can also see Amber's black bracelet on in the OS pic and the last picture where coincidentally she is standing and laughing right with Kathy.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: REAmber/Kathy"
Hey Veruca, nice analysis of the pictures. It does look like this OS picture of Amber and Kathy is not something we can go on for how far either makes it. Too bad, I was hoping for a little something from that picture.

Personally, I'm looking at the 3 silhouette pictures as either a hint as to F3 or MB having fun with cameras.

Silhouette 1:

Silhouette 2:

Silhouette 3:

They could all three be the same person or it could be 2 people with the conch pic and the torch pic being the winner and the far away on a little island one as the loser. (or visa versa).

OR it could be nothing.

I like to think that MB used some of this old tricks in the ASS opening. He loves this crap.

--thinks she sees Alicia or Amber is the 2 orangey pictures

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •