The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Saboga has an abundance of food"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Saboga has an abundance of food"
It struck a note with me upon seeing the first episode and the Sabogan's discovery of the banana bunches that they had on their island. It was vaguely familiar, I had read something about one camp being close to fruit and vegetable gardens and that the survivors frequently raided them.

So I went back through my archives and found THIS link to Wezzie and Quartzeye report.

"Quartzeye and Wezzie were told that the All-Star tribes lived on the islands of Mogo Mogo, Chapera and Saboga. Partway through the game, the tribes merged on Isla Saboga. Local pressure might have been behind the move. The village people of Saboga tend fruit trees and vegetable gardens on the west side of the island close to the survivor camp. During the filming, the islanders were not allowed to visit their gardens, and despite protests, received no compensation from Survivor Productions. The tongue and cheek joke on the island was that the survivors were living off their gardens!"

So while they still need fire and water, sounds like they have plenty of food around, and if Rupert is already getting fish with his handmade spear, as speculated HERE, then they should be good to go once they get fire, which also looks like it is coming this episode as well.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Saboga has an abundance of food Blow by Blow 02-04-04 1
   RE: Saboga has an abundance of food KObrien_fan 02-04-04 3
 RE: Saboga has an abundance of food JohnMc 02-04-04 2
   RE: Saboga has an abundance of food erickman 02-04-04 4
 RE: Saboga has an abundance of food Loree 02-04-04 5
   RE: Saboga has an abundance of food Smooth23 02-04-04 7
       RE: Saboga has an abundance of food okaloosajohn 02-04-04 8
 and an abundance of water big idiot 02-04-04 6
   RE: and an abundance of water ruppiefan 02-04-04 9
       RE: and an abundance of water KObrien_fan 02-04-04 10
       RE: and an abundance of water okaloosajohn 02-04-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-04-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Saboga has an abundance of food"
Hmmm...I thought there were pretty solid restrictions on where the Survivors could go during filming. I also didn't know any of the islands were big enough to support villages (S7 Ep1 notwithstanding).

Snewser has some pics of Saboga on his site, but I can't tell if it's populated. I'm lame at posting pics.

-BbB

02-04-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Saboga has an abundance of food"
Saboga is the largest of the 3 islands according to the maps. I don't have time to go grab that link right now, but if someone doesn't post it, I'll do it when I get home this evening.

As far as restrictions, they wouldn't let the villagers vist the gardens, so while the cat is away...

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-04-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Saboga has an abundance of food"
If they eat the bananas, won't that help stave off some of the dehydration? I mean, at least they'll get some water from the fruit.

erickman 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-04-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erickman Click to send private message to erickman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Saboga has an abundance of food"
yea the farmers were pissed off i think thats why we will go to 2 tribes soon they get kicked out.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Saboga has an abundance of food"
Didn't Tina mention in her chat that they had bananas and coconuts? What about coconut milk? They could be drinking that.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-04-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Saboga has an abundance of food"
coconut and its milk is a laxative as noted by someone in a previous season, so that would be likely to dehydrate you faster.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-04-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Saboga has an abundance of food"
That's true only of ripe coconuts. Green ones are an excellent source of potable water...

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-04-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "and an abundance of water"
And all the tribes would have been big idiots if they did not set up rain traps to catch all that potable water that fell from the sky.

ruppiefan 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-04-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ruppiefan Click to send private message to ruppiefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: and an abundance of water"
no reason to think the tribes have tarps. rupert does however get a fish in this episode

02-04-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: and an abundance of water"
You don't need a tarp to make a rain TRAP though, which I believe was his point.

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-04-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: and an abundance of water"
Traps. Not tarps. Anything that would catch water (like their pot, for instance). A big, broad leaf or two would be enough to direct rainwater into the pot. They have access to bamboo. They could fashion some bamboo cups with the machete...

There are so many ways they _could_ be getting water, but apparently aren't even trying any of them, instead, they have the fire blinders on.

Agreed, they need fire or they won't be able to cook anything. But you assess your priorities in a survival situation. Water, then food, then fire, then shelter (if the environment is relatively friendly, as this one is). Too many people worried about comfort first...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •