The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fold or Roll"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

trshtvjnky 197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-03, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trshtvjnky Click to send private message to trshtvjnky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fold or Roll"
So I am sitting here with my friend "ilvtrshtv" and we were contemplating the elasticity in socks.

Fold or roll.

Discuss.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fold or Roll Swami 02-25-03 1
 RE: Fold or Roll anotherkim 02-25-03 2
 RE: Fold or Roll Silvergirl1 02-26-03 3
 RE: Fold or Roll sticks 02-26-03 4
 RE: Fold or Roll PackMan 02-26-03 5
   RE: Fold or Roll Femme 02-26-03 9
 RE: Fold or Roll Schnookie Palookie 02-26-03 6
 BOTH! sorgee 02-26-03 7
 RE: Fold or Roll snoocharoo 02-26-03 8
   RE: Fold or Roll Spidey 02-27-03 16
       RE: Fold or Roll snoocharoo 02-27-03 19
 RE: Fold or Roll Q 02-26-03 10
 RE: Fold or Roll Strider 02-26-03 11
   RE: Fold or Roll Sophie 02-27-03 21
 RE: Fold or Roll minitroll 02-26-03 12
 RE: Fold or Roll SurvivorOverlord 02-26-03 13
   RE: Fold or Roll northernlights 02-27-03 14
       RE: Fold or Roll SurvivorOverlord 02-27-03 15
 RE: Fold or Roll mistofleas 02-27-03 17
   RE: Fold or Roll snoocharoo 02-27-03 20
       RE: Fold or Roll mistofleas 02-27-03 22
 RE: Fold or Roll ejm92 02-27-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-03, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fold or Roll"
Tie them together in a loose knot. Then you never seperate a pair - no matter how roughly you riffle through the sock drawer trying to find the ones you want.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-03, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fold or Roll"
fold--when I bother.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--**must** deal with that sock basket soon

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fold or Roll"

I fold

sticks 1165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-26-03, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sticks Click to send private message to sticks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fold or Roll"
Neither, I just stick the loose socks in a drawer. I guess I would roll if I was that motivated.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-26-03, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fold or Roll"
Fold. I used to roll, but DW changed me. She's tried to change other things, but that's all she's gotten so far. Sad, really.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-26-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fold or Roll"
I used to roll, too. But, the KIDS changed me. Now I fold.

Femme
"I shall no longer play the field; the field stinks, both economically and socially."

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fold or Roll"
I absolutely hate folding socks!!! I just throw mine in my drawer unfolded and unrolled, but I do fold DH's. Sometimes he does his own

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-26-03, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "BOTH!"
i roll atheletic socks. when the elastic starts to go, i know it's time to replace.
i fold all my dress socks, especially if they are made of a non-natural fiber.
the kids prefer there's to be rolled.
i just throw mr. sorgee's socks in his drawer. he's a big boy. he can deal with his own socks!

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-26-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fold or Roll"
OCD SNOOCH....I roll and sort them by color and use in the drawers. I have one drawer with all my white athletic socks and another with all my black dress socks, they are in little rows in the drawer. I only wear two types of socks and they are all the same so I can always pair them.

Okay...so I have issues, who doesn't?????

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, there are so many other reasons"

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fold or Roll"
OK, so this is one thing we definitely DON'T have in common!

I fold over just the tops of socks to keep them together, but only if it is a unique pair. I am a fan of having ALL the same socks. I can always find two to match and never get frustrated by the disappearing sock game, as I can never tell if one goes missing. Eventually 10 pairs whittles down to 5 or 6 and it's time to buy a new batch, because I will not do laundry more than once a week!!!

02-27-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fold or Roll"
I still love you Spidey...

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-26-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fold or Roll"
Neither really. I still use one to hold the other. I don't fear the elastic breaking because they always get holes in them before the elastic goes, so then they get downgraded to shoe polishing socks.

And that way they always stay with their mate. I cannot stand mismatched socks. I have even gotton to the point were I measured them to make sure they went together, LOL.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fold or Roll"
I hate organizing socks. So we have a whole bunch of identical white socks, some identical brown socks, and some identical black socks, and throw them all in a drawer. Grab two of the same color, and they're a match.

I am called Strider. I came out of the North. I am hunting socks.

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-27-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Fold or Roll"

> I am
>called Strider. I came out
>of the North. I am
>hunting socks.

Due to this comment and his help correcting a research paper for me, I am now a huge Stider fan.

*rolls her socks*

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-26-03, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fold or Roll"
Fold. Any spares that come out of the dryer without a mate go into a basket to wait for the return of their significant others.

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fold or Roll"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-03 AT 03:26 PM (EST)

*Everybody Sing*

You got to know when to fold em....know when to roll em, know when to walk away, know when to run...you never sort your socks when your sittin' at the table, there will be time enough for sortin' when the laundry's done!

Actually I use much the same method as Strider....I only buy one brand of socks....I have them in White, Brown, and Black....all you have to do to find a match is get 2 of the same color.

edited to add that I can't type for sh*t!!

"It's only cheating if you get caught".....Al Bundy

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-03, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fold or Roll"
*snickers* Cute song SOL. Thanks, now I've got Kenny Rogers songs rolling through my brain ~ you know that one about the kid who's the greatest baseball player ever. Gee, I hope that song doesn't get stuck in your head now!

No folding or rolling here either. I only own white sports socks and grey/blue wool socks. During the winter I wear a pair of sport socks and a pair of wool socks every day because I just hate having cold feet. I only have three kinds of sport socks but have multiple pairs of each kind. Did I mention that I'm a bit of a sock snob? Never buy generic ~ only Nike, Adidas or Converse socks. And no colored socks either. People have given me colored socks with Christmas presents that I finally gave away because I can't bring myself to wear them.

Laundry gets dumped on my bed and I pick all the socks out and match them somewhat before putting them in the drawer. That way they are relatively close to being paired up without having to roll or fold.

LOL @ Snooch and her OCD sock issues. Some say that I lean in that direction too Snooch.

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-03, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fold or Roll"
*Whacks Lights*

Dang it!!! Now I got that darn song in my head....ARRRRRGGGHH!!

"It's only cheating if you get caught".....Al Bundy

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Fold or Roll"
I adore socks! I have about 40 pair in various colors and textures. We all know my OCD tendencies, so if you were to look in my sock drawer you would see neat rows of "rolled", color coordinated socks. Then the rows with tights and hose (also sorted by color).

Underwear does NOT belong in the sock drawer, it has it's own drawer.

--knows that one day ALL will appreciate her organizational skills

02-27-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Fold or Roll"
HURRAY FOR OCD...HURRAY FOR OCD...HURRAY FOR OCD...

I discovered another OCD behavior I seem to have adopted at some point...I have a tissue obssession. For some reason I have started carrying a tissue around with me everywhere, Joe said that I'm starting to get like his Gramma Fern...pretty soon I'll have my glasses on a chain!!!

Help I'm old and have OCD!!! Next thing ya know I'll be getting hot flashes and forgetting where I put my car keys.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Fold or Roll"
Next thing ya know I'll be getting hot flashes

Snooch is making fun of me!!! I can't help perimenopausal!

*mutters something about damned night sweats and hot flashes*

and forgetting where I put my car keys.

Eh...what was I talking about??

--is also OC about lining the spoons up in the silverware drawer

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-27-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fold or Roll"
About three years ago I had a genius idea, I tossed out all of the socks that were holey and old, and started buying all of the same kind....so now I have a drawer completely composed of Hanes...they all look the same, which eliminates folding or rolling, just toss 'em in.....as far as dress socks go, I fold.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •