The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Watch out for Tracy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

CBailey 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-29-08, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CBailey Click to send private message to CBailey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Watch out for Tracy"
Wow Tracy is amazing! I can't believe she managed to save Chet by playing on Joel's weakness. (Not being the one in charge of the tribe.) They really should have voted Chet out if they had been thinking on their own. Seriously Chet is not an asset in the challenges which is really where they should be focusing in order to make it to the merge with the numbers, But Tracy made her move, did all the thinking for the tribe, and managed to save Chet and herself in the long run.

Tracy just proved that she can play this game. She has been watching for each players weakness and is useing it against them. I can't wait to she how she progresses in the game. I think she has a chance of actually winning it!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Watch out for Tracy aquariaqueen 02-29-08 1
   RE: Watch out for Tracy bullzeye 02-29-08 2
 RE: Watch out for Tracy smokedog 02-29-08 3
 RE: Watch out for Tracy Aruba 02-29-08 4
   RE: Watch out for Tracy realitytvfan07 03-01-08 8
       RE: Watch out for Tracy iltarion 03-01-08 10
           RE: Watch out for Tracy citywitch 03-01-08 11
           RE: Watch out for Tracy realitytvfan07 03-01-08 13
               RE: Watch out for Tracy Aruba 03-02-08 15
 RE: Watch out for Tracy Karchita 02-29-08 5
   RE: Watch out for Tracy garcor 02-29-08 6
       RE: Watch out for Tracy Karchita 02-29-08 7
           RE: Watch out for Tracy iltarion 03-01-08 9
               RE: Watch out for Tracy Karchita 03-01-08 12
                   RE: Watch out for Tracy nazpink 03-01-08 14
                   RE: Watch out for Tracy Aruba 03-02-08 16
 On Game Strategy michel 03-02-08 17
   RE: On Game Strategy Jims02 03-02-08 18
       RE: On Game Strategy michel 03-02-08 19
           RE: On Game Strategy nazpink 03-02-08 20
           RE: On Game Strategy iltarion 03-02-08 21
               RE: On Game Strategy michel 03-03-08 22
                   RE: On Game Strategy garcor 03-03-08 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-29-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
I was impressed too. I especially liked how she pointed out at tribal council that even without the weakest players, they couldn't win either.

Wow....Tracy has the opportunity to do great things. But Chet owes her to get his rear in gear!!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-29-08, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
I was also impressed with her Tribal Council performance. If anyone was wafting on voting out Mike, that might have been the swing for them.

I also like how she realized that it was a "now or never" move for her. I think if she waited one more week she was a goner.

A birthday present from Tribe

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-29-08, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
It was nice to see the underdogs using their nfluence in this game for once. Too many times, those without numbers just throw up their hands and say 'it's hopeless'. Way to go Tracy.

I find it funny that the fans went out of their way to eradicate the showmance on their tribe, yet the faves could care less about coupling up. Interesting.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-29-08, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
It was definitely a power move for Tracy. Last week I credited Cirie with taking full advantage of an opportunity that fell in her lap. This episode it was a case of Tracy creating the opportunity and using it to her advantage. Much more laudable.

Although outwitting "meathead" Joel is not a monumental task. Afterall, we're not exactly talking about trying to convince Einstein that his Theory of Relativity doesn't make sense. But she deserves all the credit in the world for proactively trying to make something happen.

I think it may be a bit premature to say it is a move to win the season, but it could have allowed her to advance further in the game. The only drawback to her scheme was Joel needed to bring another person aboard (obviously Erik), so now TWO players know she is a schemer. That could put a target on her and work against Tracy down the road. Time will tell.

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-01-08, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-08 AT 01:36 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-01-08 AT 01:34 AM (EST)

YOU:
Last week I credited Cirie with taking full advantage of an opportunity that fell in her lap.

ME:
I noticed in another thread where you said Cirie's situation fell in her lap. I really have to disagree. The situation both ladies found themselves in is pretty common on shows like Survivor. Someone or some group is always on the outside of the dominant group just hanging on until their name gets written down.

Cirie and Tracy flipped the script and ended up in power positions because they recognized and used the power that they had. Many times contestants in those positions just go along with the dominant and accept 5th place or whatever sorry spot gets offered to them. Neither of these women accepted that. They did what they needed to do to get further in the game.

Nothing fell in Cirie's lap and Tracy didn't create her situation. Both situations are a regular occurrence on Survivor. These two handled a common predicatment in an uncommon and crafty way.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-08, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
Let's see:
Ozzy hooks up with Amanda. Parvati hooks up with James, and the two couples align with each other.
Thru practical happenstance and the fact that they happened to be all standing around talking about it, Jonathan, Yau, Ami and Eliza form another 4 person alliance.
That leaves JFP and Cirie in the middle thru no effort of their own.
JFP realizes he should witness the birth of his kid afterall and ditches.
Cirie is thus left as the lone swing vote between two 4 person alliances.
Yeah, I think you can call that "falling into her lap."

Tracy is the member of a 3 person alliance, and convinces powerman Joel to target someone else, thus saving a member of her own alliance. Yeah, I would say that is a lot different.

>

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-01-08, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
Completely agree Cirie's situation fell into her lap. Her only decision was which alliance to hook-up with and her only energetic act was to sway the vote to Yau. That vote seems to be the result of the fact that Ami did indeed share whatever II info she had with her original alliance of Jonathan, Eliza, Yau (per Yau's interview) & I guess Cirie.

Of interest is the fact that Ami did not share the info with the couples alliance as Ozzy had to start his idol search from scratch. Also of interst is Kathys complete indifference to idol searching as all she ever had to do is pick up where she left off at the final clue.

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-01-08, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-08 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-01-08 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Describing it the way you did seems to me like Cirie had much more work to do than Tracy.

Tracy had 2 other people pulling for her. All she really needed was a few more people to vote her way. She decided to approach the most powerful person and convince him to vote her way. Good move for her. But again she didn't create anything. She didn't create the alpha male conflict between Mike and Joel and that conflict was obvious to everybody at camp.

Cirie had no one pulling for her because she was on the outside of 2 alliances and the TC would determine which alliance got the power. Also, there was no obvious conflict at camp for her to play on.

Based on a few conversations between Jonathan and Ozzy it seems that they are trading info. It would have been easy to just eliminate Cirie since she was the only person on the outside. And then work from there. But that's not what happened. They voted the way Cirie wanted because she was able to go from what seemed like a no power position to a powerful one.

Let's not forget she had no alliances and no supporters at camp. The only offer she got was to take 5th place in a 5 person alliance. And yet almost the entire tribe voted her way.

Yea your right there is a big difference. And Cirie's play was way more laudable than Tracy's.

03-02-08, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"

>Describing it the way you did seems to me like Cirie
>had much more work to do than Tracy.

??????????????????????

Actually the way Iltarion described it (and the way I described it in my Love/Hate List #3) it pretty much emphasizes that Cirie didn't do a whole lot.

Did she play matchmaker for Amanda to pursue Ozzy??? NADA
Did she tell Perv-ati to jump all over James? NADA
Did she orchestrate JF boot? NADA
Did she create the alliance of four purely by circumstance? NADA

Sure looks like a lot of "NADAs" to me!

But I will say this...Cirie does deserve credit for taking advantage of favorable sitations. She did it on Exile Island and she's doing it now. Rest assure there have been countless players in the history of Survivor that had opportunities fall in their laps, but due to perhaps ignorance, stupidity, being outwitted, etc. they did NOT take advantage and left the game early. Cirie hasn't made that mistake and it's definitely a feather in her cap.

But to say that Tracy "didn't create a situation" is absolutely mind-boggling??? IMHO what I saw in episode #4 was the epitome of creating a situation. Before Tracy's intervention, one of the weaklings (either Chet or Kathy) was going by a 6-3 vote. Even though Joel is a "meathead" I'm assuming he passed first grade math and knows 5 > 3. Tracy created the situation whereby she convinces meathead that 3 > 5. As stated in other posts, I realize this is Joel we are talking about and I wouldn't exactly nominate Tracy for the Nobel Prize in Psychology, but in the scope of the game this was the biggest power move this season.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-29-08, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
She has a swing vote power block of three and used it very effectively.

I've liked Tracy all along. The fact that someone like that has been made an outsider tells me what a bunch of losers most of that tribe is. She'll probably get along well with the more mature faves, too.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-29-08, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
I wondered myself why she saw herself in the same position as Chet and Kathy? Did the tribe make her an outsider or did she choose Chethy as allies? If her choice, she sure undervalued herself.

Loved her reminder to Joel that this might be the last chance to get Mikey; once either Chet or Kathy is gone they no longer have the numbers. Still amazing Joel and company fell for it though.

02-29-08, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
Good question.

I thought that Chet and Kathy were pretty obviously, um, less gifted in social skills and were snubbed and that Tracy was older and, um, a different level of maturity than the others and also got snubbed. I don't really see her chosing to hang with Chethy, but they were better than no one.

But that isn't necessarily what happened. We really have seen very little of the inner workings of that tribe. I don't even have all of them straight yet.

03-01-08, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
If you watch Mikey's exit interview, it is obvious that he didn't like Chet or Tracy. I think Mike and Jason, obviously his bud, had a lot to do with the tribe splitting along the lines of age. The three older fans obviously resent Mike for that, though Kathy admitted not minding the guy, and that made them a ready weapon for Joel to use against Mike and his original 4 person alliance of he, Mary, Jason and Alexis.

>

03-01-08, 01:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
Thanks. It sounds like that more or less confirms my guesses.

Has there ever been an age split that was started by the older group? I don't think so.

Maybe Mike will end up more mature from this experience and especially the early boot. But then again, maybe not.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-08, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"
I think it's fair to say that in some way or another incidents/opportunities can "fall" into anyone's lap in this game or just life in general. I think it's more of what an individual does with the circumstances they face and what they have to use.

Tracy has certainly done a good job thus far in over-coming her circumstances. Tracy is alligned with two individuals who are not popular within the tribe. They are physically and mentally out of it and just trying to keep them up is probably a full time job in itself, never mind trying to successfully convince more than one person to keep one of the two weakest people in the tribe. Tracy was smart enough to use the rivarly between Joel and Mike to her advantage. Tracy telling Joel that she was disappointed in him probably made him feel as a leader not fulfilling his duties, which made him feel threatened as he has the desire to be the alpha male on his tribe. Then for Tracy to point out that anytime their tribe lost one of the three "weak" ones were sitting out....of course that meant that two of them played which could have been enough to put a slight damper in things, but hey she made it work. The fact that this is Tracy's first time at this game also makes her actions thus far commendable.

As for Cirie.....her actions and abilities are commendable but they were far more so the first time around, now she knows how to play the game so it really doesn't seem as impressive. Getting Yau voted out despite the fact that he wasn't the target in others minds was pretty good. However, her direct forcefulness for everyone in the tribe to witness and the immediate regret others feel for going along with it (plus creating a very vocal enemy aka Johnathan) says that she didn't pull off the greatest move.

As far as we all know people like Eric and Natalie (I think that's her name) are thinking that Joel is the one coming up with it all. This would give Tracy a bit more protection to do more damage before she's realized, but if she wants to win she will need to be a bit more obvious about what she's doing to get the recognition. Look at what happened with Becky, Yul's partner, she was behind the scenes and he was the front man causing him the win and her a huge loss.

03-02-08, 09:09 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Watch out for Tracy"

>Has there ever been an age split that was started by
>the older group? I don't think so.

That's an excellent question but one that is tough to answer only because it would be difficult to determine who actually "started" the split.

For example, in the Samburu tribe at Africa, the youngsters would say that the older group "started" it with Frank's militant style and Carl badgering the younger group for doing nothing around camp to survive. Giving Frank and Carl equal say, they would contend that they reacted that way because the younger group was pathetically lazy. So in their minds the youngsters "started" it.

I suppose the same could be said in the Amazon where there was a split between the older and younger women for the same reasons.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "On Game Strategy"
Game Strategy being my favorite aspect of this show besides its editing, I feel I must jump in.

Based on Game Strategy, Tracy's move was more enjoyable than smart. According to her own words, she was third in the line of fire: "Chet's gone and that's one of my votes, then Kathy and then I'm gone."

Since there was no immediate danger, the best strategy for someone in a tribe that is divided between 2 leaders is to be a follower. Tracy would have been well served to let the Joel - Mikey rivalry simmer for a while, especially since voting out Chet may have kept them from TC.

Once the time came, then Tracy could have chosen her leader, playing the role of king-maker. Instead, she has declared herself the 3rd leader in a hopelessly fractured tribe. Being split 3-3-2 means that any faction is in trouble and with Alexis being in the Jason led faction, Joel may go against Tracy next.

Cirie also saw a tribe divided in 2 factions but, either because of editing or by design, the couples alliance had no declared leader. Jonathan was clearly in charge of the other group. Going in that alliance, Cirie would always be the 5th wheel. Going with the couples, not only did she get the F3 all-women's deal, she took over leadership. The vote took all the power away from the other alliance. That type of coup d'état has rarely been successful before the merge, the tribe often falling apart. Just like Ogakor before it when Tina realized her own coup d'état, Malakal has shown they still had good teamwork.

So, while Tracy needed more energy, Cirie's move was sounder up to the point of deciding the vote. Cirie's leadership isn't solid because she insisted on Yau Man. That could be her undoing.

Now, with a switch, everything needs to get started over.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-08, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: On Game Strategy"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-08 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

I disagree.

It's in Tracy's best interest to keep Chet and Kathy (her buffers, so the speak) as long as she can. Especially Chet. As you mentioned, she could probably only survive three Tribal Councils, keeping the status quo. She doesn't have any guarantee that there's going to be a switch, even though there usually is. This puts her in a position where she survives another week and still keeps both of her human shields. Flying too high makes her a risk from people like Jason or Natalie. Still, those kinds of moves only tend to bite people post-merge or close to it. The tribe still sees Chet as their biggest liability by far. The only risk is that they might've sent her home before Kathy, who is unable to play a good social game.

She also created a temporary ally in Joel. Joel might see her as a useful ally when needed... Such as a scary tribal switch situation or to knock out Jason, Natalie, or Alexis. That doesn't mean he'll align with her right away, but he might keep her around as a vote he could use. Letting the MikeyB/Joel feud simmer doesn't work either, because the voting results look like Mikey B. was pretty tight with Alexis, Natalie, and Jason. Maybe Joel could've swung any of them later, but it's too early to tell. Based on the fact that only Erik came along with Joel, the voting seem to indicate that Joel wasn't as comfortable with the rest.

I can your argument that Tracy isn't in short-term danger with the status quo, but it's extremely risky. She would absolutely need to run into a "Cirie situation" where her single vote would create a majority. Two votes creates more numbers situations where you can swing the vote.

It's always tough to talk strategy when you go spoiler-free, because you could so easy be proven wrong the following week. Strategy-wise, I think Tracy's move was the stronger play in the situation.

03-02-08, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: On Game Strategy"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-08 AT 05:53 PM (EST)

Hi Jims,

Natalie voted with Joel against Mikey and we know that Alexis was with Joel when they voted out Mary so she probably was only voting Chet out of protest. Mikey was not a danger to Joel and not even an immediate one to Tracy. They had him cornered, with only Jason as an ally.

Joel's main alliance is with Erik, his side-kick, Natalie, a sheep, and Alexis. That could give Tracy a nice spot if the group of 4 needs a swing vote. As leader of a 3-vote block, Tracy is a danger that both Joel and Jason could agree on.

With or without Mikey, and forgetting about a switch they couldn't really count on, Tracy is still 3 TC away from next on the block and those 3 TC may come a lot sooner without Mikey. With him, they had a better shot at an immunity run, which is a better buffer.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-08, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: On Game Strategy"
Yay...Michel is now on board! Now all the familiar "faces" are present..lol.

I never really thought of the whole Tracy "situation" from that perspective. I guess either way could work for or against her. With Chet and Kathy there she buys herself extra time when they do go to TC as they are more weak, but having them stay opposed to someone who can help during challenges means more TC. I guess it is one of those situations in which we will have to watch play out.

03-02-08, 11:23 PM (EST)
21. "RE: On Game Strategy"
Actually, if Joel acquiesces to Mikey and boots Chet, one more IC loss could have likely seen Tracy's own head on the chopping block. Joel would be even more inclined to boot the weak, after another loss, and remember that Mikey liked Kathleen. Therefore, he would have likely pushed for Tracy at that point. After another big IC loss, would Joel have wanted to protect her? If you are Tracy, do you want to take that chance? Nah. Chet was a security blanket for her, AND one of her numbers; she could see her own head on the block if she didn't do something now. Props to her for moving when she did. Now, with Chet, Kathleen and Joel all possible allies, Tracy could find herself with some power after the tribal switch.
And yes, Cirie had so much work to do. I was tired, sitting at home, just from watching all the work she did. That's Cirie though, the big worker. You never see her sitting around, like on a boat or just sitting near the fire at camp. Ell no, not her. She is always working. Girlfriend needs to take a break! Hahaha!!

>

03-03-08, 08:55 AM (EST)
22. "RE: On Game Strategy"
In Casaya, Shane and Aras told Danielle and Courtney that "Cirie works her @ss off". In Malakal, you have to admire how she seizes power. She went from being a possible Dolly to being the Queen, just like that.

As far as Airai is concerned, Tracy was not leaving before Mikey unless Mikey got Joel out of there. Either way, Tracy had time before her name would have come up. Now she's exposed.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-03-08, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: On Game Strategy"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-08 AT 09:10 PM (EST)

Not sure that I would want Chet and Kathleen as my two main allies. So far they have done nothing for Tracy. As a swing vote she might catch on with allies who could serve as something more than shields.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •