The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-10-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
So, we had an exceptional group of 8 tonight. Which 2 would you choose to advance to the next round? Hard to choose just 2.
Or list more than 2 if you want - I ain't picky. Also, do you think some others will make the Wild Card spots?

My picks:
1. Fantasia - personality plus
2. Jennifer - reminds me of Jennifer Holliday, please let her sing some Dreamgirls or the Wiz.

3. Diana - unbelievable to be that strong at 16.

WC: tba

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... frisky 02-11-04 1
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... pmspml5 02-11-04 10
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... RealityRyan 02-11-04 2
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... TeamJoisey 02-11-04 4
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... I_AM_HE 02-11-04 5
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Tiger Lily 02-11-04 6
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Mizz Eve 02-12-04 55
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Ahtumbreez 02-11-04 7
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Bebo 02-11-04 8
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Breezy 02-11-04 9
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... BriarRosie 02-11-04 11
   Yes-Carmen flashbacks! weltek 02-11-04 26
       RE: Yes-Carmen flashbacks! MTW1961 02-11-04 34
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... smiley 02-11-04 12
 Thanks & keep em coming Angelfood 02-11-04 13
   RE: Thanks & keep em coming Bebo 02-11-04 14
       RE: Thanks & keep em coming pmspml5 02-11-04 31
   Please feel free to offer Different... Angelfood 02-11-04 20
       RE: Please feel free to offer Diffe... geg6 02-11-04 32
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... geg6 02-11-04 15
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Schnookie Palookie 02-11-04 16
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... TeamJoisey 02-11-04 33
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Mistral 02-11-04 17
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Shereebie 02-11-04 18
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Milan23 02-11-04 19
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... managerr 02-11-04 21
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... DoodleBug 02-11-04 22
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... 712 02-11-04 23
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... MTW1961 02-11-04 24
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... weltek 02-11-04 25
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... blacknwhitedog 02-11-04 29
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... badger 02-11-04 27
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... 712 02-11-04 49
       RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... badger 02-13-04 59
 I agree tig_ger 02-11-04 28
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... 1simplyme 02-11-04 30
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Femme 02-11-04 35
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Lisapooh 02-11-04 37
   Well, well... TeamJoisey 02-11-04 38
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... I_AM_HE 02-11-04 41
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... tig_ger 02-11-04 42
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Bebo 02-11-04 43
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Ricky 02-11-04 36
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... TeamJoisey 02-11-04 39
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... mochacchino23 02-11-04 40
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... johnthemod 02-11-04 44
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... buckeyegirl 02-11-04 45
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... I_AM_HE 02-11-04 46
   RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Chrissy gal 02-11-04 50
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... volsfan 02-11-04 47
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... munson 02-11-04 48
 Fantasia moonbaby 02-11-04 51
 Backlash? MandyM 02-11-04 52
   Yea, Fantasia... Goooey_Alley 02-12-04 53
   RE: Backlash? Bebo 02-12-04 56
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... squirt 02-12-04 54
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... Fishercat 02-13-04 57
 RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote fo... rilond 02-13-04 58

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-04, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
This was a strong group. I like this year's format better than previous seasons -- live audience plus the contestants were backed up by more than just piano. Here's my lovelist:

Fantasia Barrino - Something to Talk About - love her! Love the 'tude, the voice, the confidence!

Ashley Thomas - Crazy - I really like her voice.

Diana Degarmo - Can't remember her song, but she was talented and energetic, did very well for 16.

Jennifer Hudson - Imagine - strong voice, I like the way she sang the song

Erskine Walcott - I think he did "Open Arms"?? He was pretty good, but I think the girls far outshine the guys this time.

Marque Lynche - Did he sing Wind Beneath my Wings?? He was kind of boring, just okay.

Katie Webber - I have no idea what carp she was singing, but I did not like it, not one bit. She's riding on her looks, IMO.

Matthew Metzger - Walking in Memphis - Nothing special, except he's eye candy. Hope the real talent doesn't get overlooked by the public in favour of the good looking people.

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-11-04, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Diana Degarmo - She is 16??? wow - went first of the first and knocked my socks off

Fantasia Barrino - I thought she had it all - voice and TV presence - although she had a hard time finding the camera at times.

Jennifer Hudson - wow what a voice I do think she picked the wrong song maybe.

One thing is for sure - this vote I think will be close. I also think with the exception of Matthew they all could have easily beaten about 5 of the final 12 from last year and probably more. I just hope that not all of the strong singers were in this group. Last year one group of 8 had our final 3 singers.

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-11-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Diana was the performance of the night, in my opinion... the vocals, the stage presence, and her personality all shone through.

At number two, I would have to say Fantasia... though she is a master at stage presence and personality, her vocals were not at the level of Diana.

Jennifer is also of note because she had great vocals (a little shakey at some parts) but it just didn't have that spark like Diana and Fantasia's.

The rest were mediocre

Kathy must win !!! Down with THE RUPERT!
I heart America's Next Top Model

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-11-04, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
1 Fantasia... Simon is right, she's ready right now.

2 Diana... Great song, great presentation.

3 Jennifer... Great voice, good presence, bad song choice.

Two of them will make it, and the other will return for the wild card show.

Ashley ... I love that song... risky choice because Patsy Cline's version is so good. I don't think it helped you, although you can drop by my house and sing it anytime you want.

Katie ... Hey, I liked the jazz song... but honey, you can't win American Idol with it. See you in the nightclubs.

The men sucked, royally.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
1. Jennifer
2. Katie
3. Fantasia

i thought the guys all sucked. well not sucked, but were flawed

- RMMNW!!!

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-11-04, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Diana & Fantasia were both fantastic.

I loved Katie's jazz number, but knew immediately the judges wouldn't.

Jennifer has a great stage presence and voice, and I love that song, but I didn't like the two together, for some reason.

The others didn't really impress me all that much. Good, but not great.

Does anyone else think that Matthew has sort of a Luke Perry thing going on?

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-04, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Yes!

I couldn't quite put my finger on who he reminded me of.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
My votes went to Diana and Fantasia.
I did like Matthew though. Hey, quit throwing stuff at me!
TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original
Proud Member of the RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Group

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
I didn't get to see all of Diana's performance, but I enjoyed what I saw.

Fantasia - wow. So proud to see North Carolina represented so well.

Jennifer - Excellent song choice, but probably third in my book behind these two strong performances.

Katie - Good voice, obviously enjoyed herself, but picked the wrong song for this competition.

The others just weren't up to their caliber. I hope that the two that don't advance in the fan vote are invited back for the wildcard show.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Would it be bad of me to say none of the above?

I was impressed with how strong Diana was but she may need to mature a little more.

I know everyone is ooohhhing and ahhhhing over Fantasia, but she sounded exactly like Macy Gray to me. I haven't bought any of Macy's cd's and I wouldn't buy any of Fantasia's.

The other girls were just ok, although the one that sang Crazy should have picked a different song. You can't sing that song and sing it well without sounding just like Patsy.

The boys need not be mentioned, they were all weak and not so good.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-11-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Wow. It looks like most of you are validating my choices, too.

I loved the performances of Diana, Jennifer (go Chicago!), and Fantasia. Matthew was eye candy for sure.

Ashley....I'm sorry, but I'm having Carmen Rasmussen flashbacks with that choice of song! Ugh! The others were "just ok" to me.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Yes-Carmen flashbacks!"
I felt the same way about Ashley. A decent voice and being cute can only get you so far. But then I felt that even Ashley had a better voice than Carmen.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-11-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Yes-Carmen flashbacks!"
I had Carmen flashbacks too, but I prefer Carmen to Ashley. I actually liked Carmen's voice, but not Ashley's. She woud be great on "Nashville Idol".

Do you like my sig pic?

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
I missed last nights show but I did get to see the snipet at the end with the replays. The only performance I got to see was Fantasia's and she was amazing! Next I would have to say Diana...that girl has class.

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

02-11-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Thanks & keep em coming"
Wow. That's interesting that we are mostly on the same page.

I love this, thanks, I don't get to talk to many others who watch it. You all summed up everything perfectly (what i was thinking, but couldn't put into words yet).

I'll start it for every week (would that make it a Favorite's List?)

ashley - yes, I couldn't believe she was doing "crazy", so well known. she was good, but a little too over the top, i guess trying to do something different with that song. Not possible.

jennifer - Imagine was iffy, liked her spin on it, but she's done better songs, so she Better stay in.

Fantasia - hopefully with the different song styles in the top 12, we'll see if she can break away from the macy gray-clone. maybe she just can't help it.

erskine - Open Arms? again, hard to top the original. His voice wasn't strong enough for it. He's cute tho.
marque - a little too much mama's boy, girlie song. Probably likes Judy Garland.
matthew - don't worry, I'm sure he'll be Simon's Wild Card vote.

good points pmspml5, i'd forgotten that last year had the top 3 in one group (wasn't clay Simon's wildcard?). I also agree that 5 of these could easily be in the top 12. We'll see.

Also, is anyone missing Scooter Girl, Paula's Blond serenader, Simon's Insulter girl or Michael Cocky Cowen yet? I think they got rid of the attitudes before America could move them forward.

02-11-04, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Thanks & keep em coming"
i'd forgotten that last year had the top 3 in one group (wasn't clay Simon's wildcard?).

Clay won the call-in vote during the wildcard. Randy picked Kim C., Paula picked Trenyce, and Simon picked Carmen.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-11-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Thanks & keep em coming"
Ugggg the thought of Simons wild-card pick just made me nocious

02-11-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
20. "Please feel free to offer Different Opinions"
its ok, really. It makes it more interesting.
No one will get flamed (i hope not). There isn't even any hating Contestants going on here. And, i would never flame my Rupey anyway, *smooch*.

And by liking my top 3, I didn't dislike the others. And i even agree with some of the comments about them, good or bad. They were all above par. I'm sure this is true for alot of people. I was pleasantly surprised, Becuase i thought that I was picking not-as-popular choices.
It's all shades of gray, people. Macy Gray.

Determined to have Love Threads!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Please feel free to offer Different Opinions"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

*Smooch* right on back at ya, Angel. Just was afraid I'd get accused of going for looks over talent. He's just more my style of singer than some of those who go for the over the top vocal acrobatics that just drive me nuts. Seems down to earth. I do have to agree with you that it was a strong group (excluding the two I really hated).

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Oh,my, I know I'm gonna get flamed here, but here goes!

1) Matthew - yes, he's very cute, but I really loved his "Walkin' in Memphis." Great personality and presence and I just like everything about him.

2) Fantasia - she had the perfect song for her voice, but I think the whole Macy Gray thing is gonna get old for me real fast. I do love her personality and presence, but not sure how she'll handle some of the songs sure to come her way.

3) Jennifer - the best of the rest. Love her look but I wasn't completely wowed by her singing. Definitely better than any of the others.

Don't know their names, but I think the very young girl and the pretty female with short blonde hair were just plain awful. Keep them away from me, please. They are bringing back my recurring nightmares of Kim Caldwell and Carmen Rasmussen from last year.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

#1. Diana. Awesome performance. And, she's from Snellville GA which is just down the road from me.

#2. Fantasia. Great voice and personality. She does sound like Macy Gray though (which isn't a bad thing).

I was surprised at one of the girls saying how she was perceived as boring and that she would show everyone tonight that she isn't. Then when she sings, all I could think is "BORING". I think it was Katie ... not sure. ETA: Perhaps it was Ashley.

The men ... blech! A couple of them had nice voices but they certainly didn't outdo the ladies.

An IceCat Classic

02-11-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"

The "boring" one was Ashley. She wanted to show she could be exciting, so she chose...

Patsy Cline's "Crazy".

Crazy choice. That's a fabulous song and a daring selection because the Cline version is so revered. And it is not a good song if you want to break away from the "boring" tag.

Simon was right about her. She's sweet and cute, with a moderately good voice and very little spark. She had a better voice than Carmen, but she's not moving on from this group.

This is one of the folks who made the top 32 without ever getting more than a few seconds of airtime. Now we know why.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-11-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
I've never watched this show before (believe it or not) but here goes:

Diana - wow. Terrific, energenic performance. In fact, I don't even remember her from the prelims. Guess I mixed her up with the other beret-wearing blonde 16-yer old. My fave so far.

Jennifer - she has a powerful voice. I would have liked it better if she had picked a song where she could "belt" a little more as she is a very strong vocalist.

Katie - interesting choice of songs; I think she pulled it off, however probably unlikely to move on.

Ashley - unlikely to move on. She doesn't really stand out.

Fantasia - I don't care for her style at all. I realize I am in the minority of opinion here. It really bugs me when people schlur their esshes. However, there is little doubt that she'll move on. I think she's good, but I'm just not into her.

The guys I thought were fairly weak. I expected more from Erskine and Marque. Fairly low energy.

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Okay, here goes:

Diana - WOW. Right out of the gate! What a way to start the show! I loved her. Great voice, great stage prescence, good personality....and she's cute too. She got votes from my house.

Marque - did nothing for me.

Jennifer - I did not like her version of "Imagine" at all, although she's got a gorgeous, strong voice that I love. She got votes from us, too.

Ashley - NO. Hated the warbling, hated the Patsy Cline coverage. Bad song choice for her.

Katie - I liked her! I thought the song showcased her voice nicely. Threw her a vote.

Erskine - I really like this guy's delivery. He's very smooth and confident and it shows. I didn't like the song choice simply because NO ONE can sing Steve Perry like Steve Perry, but that's okay....this time.

Matt - what a cutie. I loved his version of "Walking In Memphis". I don't think his voice is that great, and he was outsang by almost everyone else in this group, but I like him anyway.

Fantasia - I love her personality, and the way she bounces around on stage. She looks like she's having a good time and I like her style - but I'm trying to get used to the voice. Gave her a few votes.

All in all, I was very impressed with this group. The first ones, and all of them very fairly strong, considering. The men need to step it up, though - the ladies are already kicking butt!

Milan23 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-11-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Milan23 Click to send private message to Milan23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
I was pleasantly surprised with Diana's voice and song choice, thought she did a very good job.

Ashley annoyed me to no end. Her interviews, her song choice (although I love the song, I don't think it fit her), the way she smiled thru the song. Everything.

Katie had a nice voice, but I don't think she chose the right song. She seems to be flaunting her body to try to get attention..."Hey guys, I have boobies and I'm wearing a short dress. If you want to see that every week, vote for me".

I liked Jennifer but like alot of you, wished she would have sang something that would have showcased her voice a little more. I would love to see her go on.

Fantasia, I thought was great but not necessarily my favorite. Yes, her "eshes" were annoying but she did have alot of style and a great voice.

And I liked Erskine, even though he was obviously not anywhere near the level of the women. (My 8-year old thought he was the best and gave him a couple of votes...certainly no busy signals for those calls).

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-11-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
1. Diana - Awesome
2. Fantasia - I don't like Macy Gray, but I like this chick
3. Katie - I give bonuses to contestants who choose fast song. Not as strong vocally as some of the others though.
4. Marque - Nice voice, nice presence, however, too safe and boring of a song to advance with.
5. Matthew - Good song, voice not that strong as some of the others
6. Ashley - Nice voice, boring personality and song. Agree with the judges. "No spark".
7. Erskine - Awful.
8. Jennifer - I can't believe everyone thought she was good. That was horrible to my ears. She might pass through because of her auditions though.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
1. Diana - I knew it would be hard to choose after her performance. She set the bar really high going first. Wow. And only 16!

2. Fantasia - nobody met or exceeded Diana until this girl. I thought she sounded a little like Macey Gray, which doesn't bother me one bit. I hope she doesn't get that comparison too much. Loved her energy, the delivery, everything!

Of the guys, I liked Matt. I thought he was the stronger of the three. Marque was good (a little shaky) and Erskine hit some wrong notes.

The rest of the girls: Katie - wrong song choice. Ashley - um, no. Jennifer - I just don't like her voice. Not an American Idol to me.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

712 356 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Anyone else not liking this whole studio audience thing?
And I do miss the simple piano accompanyment, though the live band is an allright alternative.

1) Diana - Wow, I totally did not expect such a kickass performance from her.

2) Fantasia - She is fun. I think she picked the perfect song for her.

GAP

3) Erskine - Best of the guys by far.

4) Katie - I kinda dug the jazzy thing, but America won't.

HUGE GAP

5) Jennifer - Terrible!

6) Matthew - I hate that song, and I hated him singing it.

7) Marque - Why would anybody ever decide to sing that song?

8) Carmen, err, Ashley - Oh man. That was embarassing.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
What a great show last night. Hard to believe there was so much talent and we're only in round 1. I thought 7 of the 8 could have been top 10 last season.

My picks:

1. Diana. Powerful, amazing voice. Had my heart pumping. Looks great!

2. Katie. Her voice was smooth as silk and I loved it. Her song wasn't an AI song, but I thought the choice was daring. I would love to hear that VOICE agian with a few different songs.

3. Fantasia. Actually, I thought her performance was amazing, but I probably wouldn't vote for her. I dislike her high pitched voice, and I can't stand her "look". Fantasia, do something different to your hair, and you'll win me over. She'll be in the top 10 whether America votes for her or not, so save your strength and vote for your other favorites!

4. Erskine - thought he was the best of the men, and could make a living with his voice.

5. Jennifer - Also awesome, just a step below the other four in my book.

Ashley, Marque, and Matthew - I probably would have been very impressed with all of you if you had gone 1st - 3rd, but in this group, you just didn't stand out.

Do you like my sig pic?

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
1. Katie Webber. I enjoy her strong voice, confidence, beauty and stage presence. I hope she goes all the way.

2. Fantasia-She was fun and had a great voice.

3. Matthew Metzger. This was the best male I've seen since I recall watching American Idol. He has great stage presence and a good voice. Most of the males have average stage presence and a good voice, or outstanding voice.

4. Marque Lynche. He is good looking, has a good voice and is sincere.

5. Diana DeGarmo. She has everything but her comfort zone figured out. She still looks a little young. Maybe in two years she'll be the perfect package, but for now I felt like something just didn't fit.

6. Erskine Walcott. He has a decent voice, but not great. He didn't wow me.

7. Jennifer Hudson. I'm surprised that I'm one of the few that disliked her. Her voice doesn't seem very versatile & she sounds like a lounge singer to me.

8. Ashley Thomas. She has a decent voice and is cute, but nothing in the way of stage presence. I agree with Simon that she lacks spark.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Katie Webber- totally cabaret performance, I liked her before, but bad song choice. I think she can do better.

Fantasia- good voice, good entertainer, I like her overall but don't know how she'll do with other style songs. (Guarantee she will have a one-word name soon- just "Fantasia")

Matthew Metzger- like his looks, like his voice, like his presence, but his voice still needs some work, not as strong a singer as others, hope he continues to grow.

Marque Lynche- thought he was boring and he was better at the audition. Why would a guy pick a Bette Midler song- dumb!

Diana DeGarmo- looks cute and young but has a big voice and great personality- I like her.

Erskine Walcott- another boring one that I thought did better at audition. "Journey" songs should be banned from the competition. And why did he change his look?

Jennifer Hudson- did not like her AT ALL, who told her she would look good on TV in all white? I would like to hear her sing a different song- something more upbeat cause I think she has a good voice.

Ashley Thomas- a/k/a Rodea Girl- a total embarrassment, bad song choice, bad singing, really bad outfit.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-11-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
1. Diana -- i thought her performance was the best of the evening. but i agree with whoever posted above that she does need to mature a bit. i see her going far in the competition, but she won't win
2. Fantasia -- i predict she'll win. much like rupert last year, she's received the almighty sanction from the judges, and this'll carry her far (unless folk forget to vote for her like they did poor ol tamyra grey).

the rest, in my opinion, were pretty crappy. even jennifer, who many of you seem to like. i didn't think she pulled it off. bad song choice. bad presence. bad case of the nerves. but i'm sure that all three of these women -- diana, fantasia, and jennifer -- will continue. 2 will make it tonite, and 1 will be a wild-card.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Rupert was on a different show.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
oops, you're right 712. i must've made a freudian slip here, confusing "big lovable teddy bear" characters, or some such thing, and revealing my hopes, perhaps, that rupert does well on ASS.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "I agree"
with Jennifer and Fantasia.

I also agree with those who thought they were a bit weak this year. Neither Jennifer or Fantasia was flawless this week, IMHO.

A Kyngsladye Original

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-11-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
From this group my favorites are:
Irskine Walcott, Fantasia Barrino, and Katie Webber.

Since we had to pick two:
Fantasia & Irskine.

I always try to pick a male and female.
we'll see.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Hmmm. Hi, everyone.

This was a super good show. I think I am the only one, though, that didn't like Jennifer so well. Her voice, while unique, was far too deep, and the "Imagine" should have been sung a little better by her.

This is the order I liked the contestants:

1. Fantasia. With what little I saw of her before the show, I was prepared to dislike her based on personality alone, but clearly, I was mistaken. She is fun, and witty, and I loved her song choice, voice, and stage presence. My only 'complaint' was her goofy little extemporaneous "yeah, yeah" at the end of the song. Loved her, though.

2. Diana. Excellent performance, nice voice, she's a 'total package' kinda girl.

3. Marque. He seemed a bit nervous, but that actually endeared him to me a little. His voice is honey, I love it, and I LOVE that he sang something so... unexpected. He did NOT sound broadway, and it seemed like a copout - or a cheap shot - that Simon tried to squeeze that in at the end.

4. Erskine. He's a doll, and his voice is so pleasant. This is one of my favorite songs, so I would have liked to have seen him change it up some, get a little creative, but his emotion, his attitude, his voice, and his demeanor all caught my attention. Any contestant that says that they are taking the comments from the judges to heart, and who I believe is sincere in their endeavor to mature as singers and performers, always gets my vote.

5. Katie. She is another 'total pacakge' kind of girl, but her face really bothered me. It sorta started creeping me out. I loved the song she chose, and I thinks its laughable that Simon gets onto them all for picking safe songs, but she is blasted for her choice. The perception that the songs they are singing is 'safe' is silly. He had just heard them all SO many times, I am sure. We, however, haven't, so he needs to back off, I believe, or give props to people like Katie who make an effort to keep it interesting. In any case, she would probably do well in this competition, and would be fun to watch, but something about her face.... *shudder*

6. Jennifer. Nice enough performance, and clearly she has a strong voice, but it's far too deep, and not really that pleasant to listen to. She's gorgeous though, and I think she would be a blast to watch, but on the basis of talent, belting it out does not equal American Idol.

7. Matthew. I was like, 'eh' before he started singing, then he began and I was shocked. Very sexy, strong beginning, GREAT stage performance, super handsome with all the peach-fuzz, wanna-be hair gone, but wow, he did NOT deliver. That could have been awesome based on the first couple of lines, but he was a disappointment by the time he hit the chorus.

8. Ashley. Wow. She annoyed me. A lot. First of all, I hate her personality. Some people can say, "I am going to make people LOVE me," and everyone will love them. Some will say the same, and everyone will cringe with embarrassment for them. Ashley is the latter. Secondly, her voice is certainly nice, but her textbook facial expressions and performance show that she is nothing more than a decent voice. Bleh.

I would like to see Fantasia go on... and I am sure that she will. At her side, I think good things will come from Marque or Erskine, and I hope that one of them gets the opportunity. They both seem to be there for the right reasons, they both seem willing to work hard, and both had incredibly smooth, pleasant, easy to listen to voices. I say Diana can come back for the wildcard show, but I will be sad if Marque and Erskine fall through the cracks and into obscurity.

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
hi femme!!!!!!

we be missing you long time!

02-11-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
38. "Well, well..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-04 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

... look who wandered in.

Hello, Femme! Nice to see you again.

02-11-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
i was just about to head out, but Femme!!!! great to see you!

"Well, Rob, I never thought I’d say this, but after watching this episode I’d have to say, no, you do not have “Stupid” written on your forehead. “Hypocritical, Ignorant, Confrontational, Homophobic, Obnoxious, Arrogant, Nauseating, Manipulative, Bully”, yes, but not “Stupid”. “Stupid” is written on your penis. In little, tiny letters." - dangerkitty, S4 Ep 6 Summary - RMMNW!!!

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
OMG. It's a Femme sighting.

My day has suddenly gotten better.

Missed you

02-11-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Wow - look who Simon dragged in!

I'm definitely going to keep watching if it means I can see Femme.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-11-04, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
I like Diana DeGarmo ! She sounds great, I hope she makes it farther. Being only 16 probably doesn't help her, but she does deserve to move ahead in the competition.

02-11-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"

Hercules, is that you?

mochacchino23 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mochacchino23 Click to send private message to mochacchino23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
I would say

1. Fantasia
2. Diana
3. Katie
4. Jennifer

Everyone was right about the guys. Even though maybe a couple of them could sing, none of them should be in the top 2 for tonight.

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-11-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
1. Fantasia - I watched her again and wow, that was a really good performance, she's definitely in

2. Diana - really surprised me, I was set to not like her, but she delivered

3. Matt - he's soooo hot. Incredible stage presence and I thought he had a great voice, maybe he didn't do anything really showy, but yeah, I liked it.

The rest were all poor song choices, I didn't really think anyone was bad in this group.

4. Katie - why Orange Colored Sky? That's like the least pop song ever. She gave an awesome performance, but I felt like I was at a Vegas casino.

5. Marque - he's very good looking and has that cool "dancer walk" However I would've picked something really pop to get out of the Broadway thing if I was him, and Wind Beneath My Wings is practically a campy showtune.

6. Jennifer - maybe with a different song, no one should try to cover Imagine.

7. Ashley - again, horrible song choice. You should save that for Country week. Sang it beautifully, but it's not a song that's going to get you votes on AI. And the skirt was too short, she looked kinda trashy.

8. Irskine - why why why why why would you ever do Open Arms? Clay freakin Aiken did that song last year and didn't get in the top two from his group. And it was because of the choice of song. Why you would ever pick to do that other than to suck up to Randy I have no idea. That said, eh, he was aiight, dog.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Am I the only one who didn't care for Fantasia? (ducks to miss the tomatoes being thrown at her.) I missed the first couple of performances and came in on hers, and thought it was good, but not great. Matthew got one of my votes, and no it just wasn't because he was from Cincy. While it wasn't the greatest performance, he had stage presence and was better then the other guys. For number two....would have to go with Diana by the tiny snippet of the song I heard.
Who is the one who kept crying? I don't think I could handle having her cry every single week. (Ok, I am a meany.)

A bird's eye view of your A.S.S. RMMW!

02-11-04, 04:41 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
that was Jennifer, who got #1 on my list - i'm not sure she was the best last night, but i see the most potential in her. but i do agree with the crying. it seemed a bit affected and off-putting to me

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
No, buckeyegirl, you are not the only one who didn't like Fantasia. I thought she was just O.K.

I liked Diana the best and think she will be get better as she gets older.

I liked the voices and stage presence of all of the guys, but thought that their voices were not strong enough to win AI.

I didn't care for any of the other girls.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
I totally disagree with most of you when you say that the guys weren't very good. I think the guys were just as good as most of the gals except Diana.

Diana is far better than the others in this group.

Marque has a great voice and can reach some notes that some guys can't (like Matthew). However, I do think he chose the wrong song!

Erskine's version of Open Arms was a nice refreshing version. IMHO! His voice didn't waver at all.

Matthew, I think started slowly but he had a strong finish. He has the look and a nice little voice.

I was not all over the women like most of you. I didn't like Fantasia at all. I don't like that raspy voice...but that is just me!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
If Fantasia and Matthew move on then I won't be diappointed. Fantasia was my pick from her first audition but I love me some Macy Gray so there ya go. I really like Mark Cohn's music as well and that was a bang up rendition of a song I really liked. Honestly? I'll take Matthew over Clay anyday.

I thought they all did well and I was actually looking for things to knock them around for. The guys were fine. I thought Simon's rodeo comment was dead on.

I agree with some that Jennifer's performance was below standard for her based on the auditions but will continue to root for the hometown girl.

Looks like this is gonna be some competition, huh?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Fantasia"
and Diana.

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "Backlash?"
Do you think that Simon saying that Fantasia doesn't need this competition to get a label makes her a target?

I think Fantasia has what it takes. However, I did not vote for her. I voted for Jennifer and Katie.

If Fantasia does NOT get the votes, you KNOW she will be a wild card, so why not give someone else a chance to improve? That was my line of thinking!

Plus, I saw an article in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago and Simon gets like 40 to 60% of their earnings in record deals if they win. If Fantasia can make it without this competition, why should Simon get so much of her earnings? I think we would all do her a favor if we do NOT vote for her. She's out there, labels have heard her...if that chick is smart, she would TRY to do poorly from now on and sing off key, dress like a baglady, maybe do some porno (lol)...do anything to NOT get the vote so she can get a legitimate contract where she takes home 80% of the pay or so.

What are your thoughts?

MM Maybe this world is another planet’s hell

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-12-04, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Yea, Fantasia..."
is good (I did remember her audition, she got the voice) and she might stand or survive in the music industry without the show. But, doin' what you had suggested might earn her a bad reputation. She'll be done even before she has started.

I guess, it will be up to audience's votes and let other contestants get a chance for improvement.

02-12-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Backlash?"
Plus, I saw an article in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago and Simon gets like 40 to 60% of their earnings in record deals if they win.

Simon Fuller, the producer, gets the huge chunk of the Idol winnings, not Simon Cowell the judge.

squirt 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-12-04, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail squirt Click to send private message to squirt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Diana and Matt rule!!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
Well, it's a bit late now, but I would have voted for

Fantasia- Although I am not a big as a fan as many that I see, she has a very impressive voice and a personality to match

Matthew- A guilty pleasure pick admittedly. I'm a guy and even I thought he was good looking. Not to mention his voice wasn't horrible and he had great presence. I knew he wouldn't make it, but he reminds me a lot of someone that you would see as an actual pop star outside the contest.

Diana- I wasn't impressed when I saw her at first, but I watched the replay and loved it.

Jennifer- Hey, at least she was original in her song and has some flare...

Although if I had to choose two, the audience got it right.

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-13-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rilond Click to send private message to rilond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Group 1 - Who would you vote for?"
That Fantasia is really good. I can see somone making money from your style. She can truly be developed with some training.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •