The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Most arrongant winners"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-20-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail XXL%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXL%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Most arrongant winners"
While one must certainly make some good strategic moves to win Survivor, one must also be lucky. Tina may have won S2, but she was the first booted from S8. Different circumstances produce different results. I think some (e.g., Tood) don't see this. They think they won because of their own genius and discount luck as a factor. Which leads to the question - which are the most arrogant of the 15 survivor winners???

My votes:
1. Brian from S5 - the guy was competing against a bunch of losers and only beats Clay by one vote. But to hear him at the reunion show you would think he was the greatest genius since Einstein or at least since.....

2. ..Rich Hatch S1 - Rich was smart in that he recognized the power of alliance and voting out threat before the concept later became obvious. That being said, he just fell in love with himself for recognizing it.

3. Vecepia S4 - Vecepia bascically believed God chose her to win. It doesn't get much more arrogant than that.

4. Todd S15 - Probably believes his voting out of JR before James was some kind of genius on his part when in fact he just got away with a blunder by James making a bigger blunder later.

5. The S9 winner (name escapes me)

Least arrongant:
1. Ethan - basically no arrogance at all

2. Danni - almost as humble as Ethan

3. Tom - knew his physical skill, but didn't claim any mental superiority in reunion show

4. The S14 winner (name escapes me) - just a nice guy

5. Tina or Sandra or Yul - knew they did some things right, but also conceded that circumstances played a role

Thoughts from others???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Most arrongant winners Colonel Zoidberg 12-20-07 1
   RE: Most arrongant winners garcor 12-20-07 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-20-07, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Most arrongant winners"
The S9 winner was Chris, the guy in the wifebeater who outlasted six women at the end. He was also the first to drop an F-bomb as he was announced as the winner.

Yul was humble at the reunion, sure, but he came off sometimes as pretty arrogant during the show. I'm reminded of when he whipped out the immunity idol at the auction, and he seemed to play up, especially in confessionals, the "I have the immunity idol and you don't" angle. I think the time between the show and the reunion did him some good.

The S14 winner was Earl, and to cut $500,000 of his winnings to his mother is just a classy move. Bonus points for acknowledging that Yau-Man probably would have beaten him.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-20-07, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Most arrongant winners"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07 AT 09:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07 AT 09:40 PM (EST)

Rich Hatch. Arrogant and personable. Was about the only reason to watch All-Stars.

Brian. Arrogant and not especially personable.

Yul. Did appear to sometimes talk down to teammates, but seemed a nice enough guy that I think most would not hold it against him.

Tom. Forced Ian to take himself out of the game to win back Tom's respect. Course this was largely strategy.

Don't know if Todd is all that arrogant. Think some of his claims (at least at final TC) were a part of his strategy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •