The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Update..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-17-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Update..."
Snewser has this link in the USA today: http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2003-11-16-superbowl-survivor_x.htm. Confirms the 18 survivors, but we have 14 episodes this time around, and the pot will remain at $1mil. Also note Survivor will finish before Friends wraps up. It almost sounds like the survivors are psyching themselves up for more than MB is offering.

'Survivor' kicks off on Super Bowl Sunday
By Gary Levin, USA TODAY
Get ready for another Super Bowl/Survivor Sunday.

CBS this week will announce plans to premiere the eighth installment of its hit reality series following its Feb. 1 telecast of the Super Bowl, TV's top-rated event.

"It worked like gangbusters when we did it with the second Survivor," says CBS president Leslie Moonves. Survivor: Australian Outback's premiere averaged 45 million viewers and kept eager viewers tuned in to the lopsided game's fourth quarter and post-game show. "Why not continue the streak? This was pretty much a no-brainer."

The latest edition features "all-stars" plucked from the first seven Survivors. It includes 18 contestants, up from the usual 16. The show will air 14 original episodes, up from the usual 13. And while the jackpot remains $1 million, the total prize pool is increased: The first contestant voted out will receive $25,000, a tenfold increase from the first loser's prize in other editions.

CBS and producer Mark Burnett wouldn't discuss the players or location of the all-star edition currently in production, said to be on an island near Panama that's adjacent to the one used in the current Pearl Islands series.

But Survivor Web sites say the list includes previous champs Richard Hatch and Ethan Zohn, along with standouts such as Rudy Bosch, Susan Hawk, Jerri Manthey, Colby Donaldson and Pearl Islands breakout Rupert Boneham.

"We were simply casting for the most memorable characters we could find," says Burnett, though two contestants he hoped to cast declined his offer.

"Because they've all played before, their whole mantra is to expect the unexpected. So their own imaginations are doing them in more than anything I might do."

Several all-stars wore three layers of clothing after seeing party-dressed contestants in the current edition forced to walk the plank and begin the competition much sooner than they'd expected. "What makes Survivor work is keeping people off balance. They literally were on edge for days."

Still, to compensate for their experience "I made it much, much harder," Burnett says, by offering no rations and tougher immunity challenges. "They got kicked in the butt from the very beginning."

Moonves predicts the all-star Survivor will attract more fans than usual "because people have their favorite characters. The downside is we're going to be up against the wind-down of Friends." He's taking no chances: Survivor will wrap a week or so before the Friends finale in mid-May.

Even when you can't see Him, God is there!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Update... Dominique 11-17-03 1
   RE: Update... Brownroach 11-17-03 2
   Brian chillinmcmillan 11-17-03 3
       RE: Brian Wacko Jacko 11-17-03 4
       RE: Brian Devious Weasel 11-21-03 8
   RE: Update... SurvivorBlows 11-18-03 5
       Lizzie turned him down SurvivorBlows 11-21-03 7
       RE: Update... smokedog 12-11-03 11
           RE: Update... SurvivorBlows 12-11-03 12
   RE: Update... bris 11-18-03 6
 RE: Update... Oscirus 11-22-03 9
 RE: Update... geg6 12-11-03 10
   RE: Update... RealityRyan 12-12-03 13
       RE: Update... Smooth23 12-12-03 14
           RE: Update... RealityRyan 12-13-03 15
 RE: Update... SurvivorBlows 01-04-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dominique 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-17-03, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dominique Click to send private message to Dominique Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Update..."
"We were simply casting for the most memorable characters we could find," says Burnett, though two contestants he hoped to cast declined his offer.

So just for the fun of it, who do you think these two contestants were, and who do you think replaced them?

I'll go with Kelly from S1, replaced with Jenna L from S1, and Liz from S2 replaced with Amber from S2.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Update..."
I could see him wanting Lis but settling for Amber.

I think Jenna L would more likely be a substitute for Colleen than Kelly from S1 though.

chillinmcmillan 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-17-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chillinmcmillan Click to send private message to chillinmcmillan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Brian"
One of these people would have to be Brian, you know MB wanted his slimy character back on the show. To bad he won't be on the show, I still think he is the best survivor ever!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-17-03, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Brian"
Definately Brian and Lis makes sense too. Brian could not use the same strategy he used the first time and figures the only thing that he would do is tarnish his win so that is my guess why he wouldn't do it. Surprised Shii Ann is the only one from Thailand in All Star.

Matt makes sense too. He said after the last survivor that he would not do it again. TV Guide picked Matt as one fo the All star survivors.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Brian"
Here here!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Update..."
My guess is that Burnett wanted all six of the previous winners (which would make you give second thought about Rupert's involvement) but was told no by Vee and Brian (both of whom have dropped off the face of the planet after winning.)

Then again, he might have just not asked Vee and Brian since neither one was exactly popular with the viewers... my other thoughts would be focus on of the survivors who have had some modest entertainment industry success (like Varner) or those who have publicly expressed no interest in the past (like Elisabeth Hasselbeck -- who meets both those conditions but still would have possibly held some interest to Burnett... certainly probably moreso than say Colleen).

-SB

11-21-03, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Lizzie turned him down"
For anyone interested, during her appearance on The View this week, ASS came up and Lizzie said Burnett asked her to be on it but she turned him down.

Smart move for her... even if she doesn't get the View gig, at this point it would still have been kinda a step backwards for her

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-11-03, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Update..."
>Then again, he might have just not asked Vee and Brian since >neither one was exactly popular with the viewers...

Well, that didn't stop Jenna from getting on

12-11-03, 07:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Update..."
>Well, that didn't stop Jenna from
>getting on

Ya, but Jenna's a Young Hot Chick (tm)

...big difference. And it's the same reason Amber is on the show.

-SB

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-18-03, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Update..."
I think that he deffinally asked Heidi back and she said she would never do it again. I also think ELizabeht was asked back but b/c she can be on the view she said not and i think they would ahve replaced Alicia and Shii Ann

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-22-03, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Update..."
Im guessing on sean rector being one which would explain the fact that there is no token black guy on the show

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Update..."
Just got done talking to a very close friend at work who was with Amber's father last night. Wouldn't go into any detail or actually say much. She was persistent, though, and he did say that Amber is not at home and that, yes, he knows where she is. Also told her that if she is really curious about S8, to just go on the Internet, that everything she wants to know, especially the cast, is all there. Now, she doesn't spoil or read the boards, so she didn't know to try to throw some specific sites out there for him to possibly comment on but I do think this pretty much sews up any speculation about Amber on S8 at least. And for those who hate her, you can start grinding your teeth now.

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-12-03, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Update..."
I wonder if maybe Amber was sent there as a decoy... maybe to cover suspicion about the winner of S7 being there. Sorry, but I just can't understandstand why he would pick Lamber to fill the ingenue role when there were so many others to choose who actually had half a brain...

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-12-03, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Update..."
Caues brainless twits make for good tv.. and good boot fodder

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-13-03, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Update..."
oh, yeah... I guess you're right. ho hum

01-04-04, 07:13 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Update..."

BUMPING so that this won't sink to the bottom when moved to the normal Survivor Spoilers forum

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •