The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The 'fair play' poll."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-07, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The 'fair play' poll."
Looking at the reactions from both Todd and his sister during their meeting and considering what's gone on in the game before this, do you believe that:

1. Todd's youngest sister suffered a miscarriage. (All sympathy from the RTVW community to her and theirs.)

2. There was no miscarriage: Todd set this up before he left, taking inspiration from a certain Jon Dalton of our acquaintance. (Die! Die!)

3. This was no miscarriage, but Todd doesn't know it: his sister lied to him in order to win her brother sympathy -- a move that backfired horribly and might turn Todd into an emotional and game victim both. (Discussed in the Bar last night: there were times when Todd seemed sincere and her reactions were off.)

Choose one.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. mistyrose52 12-07-07 1
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. Aruba 12-07-07 2
   RE: The 'fair play' poll. jbug 12-07-07 3
       RE: The 'fair play' poll. XXL Survivor 12-07-07 4
           RE: The 'fair play' poll. Wacko Jacko 12-07-07 5
               RE: The 'fair play' poll. nazpink 12-07-07 6
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. KObrien_fan 12-07-07 7
   RE: The 'fair play' poll. smokedog 12-07-07 12
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. CTgirl 12-07-07 8
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. Max Headroom 12-07-07 9
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. Karchita 12-07-07 10
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. Fishercat 12-07-07 11
   RE: The 'fair play' poll. garcor 12-07-07 14
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. miracle1969mets 12-07-07 13
   RE: The 'fair play' poll. Wacko Jacko 12-08-07 15
 1 - Absolutely True CattyChat 12-08-07 16
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. Sunny_Bunny 12-09-07 17
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. PsychoKitty 12-09-07 18
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. Colonel Zoidberg 12-10-07 19
   RE: The 'fair play' poll. XXL Survivor 12-10-07 20
       RE: The 'fair play' poll. Jaxxjack 12-13-07 21
           RE: The 'fair play' poll. leenga 12-17-07 22
               RE: The 'fair play' poll. byoffer 12-17-07 23
 RE: The 'fair play' poll. kingfish 12-19-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
I choose #3. The sister looked a little devious to me. I mean Todd is no golden boy, by any means, but his sister?? She looked like she could work a crowd with no problems!

So.....time will tell, eh?

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-07-07, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
I choose #1.

#2 - A ploy like that works the first time and only once. And Todd does not strike me as a "copycat" strategist.

#3 - Honestly I never even considered that until I read this post. For a woman to say that about another woman (sisters no less) is hard to comprehend given the whole "maternal" aspect of pregnancy and child birth.

Courtney better be praying for #2 or #3. But even so, that will not absolve her from her vile nature in most minds.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-07, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
Courtney better be praying for #2 or #3. But even so, that will not absolve her from her vile nature in most minds.

Is that girl so dumb or stoopid that she didn't think about how this would be if it is all true - before she opened her stoopid mouth? Just more evidence of how completely self-centered she is.
If the jury had heard her say those things - I'm not sure she'd get a vote from anyone. Courtney is just plain ..... just plain.

Agman is definitely on my list (& twin Cyndi too)
'Getting older softens you into learning that love, kindness, and forgiveness are far more important than one's opinion.' Sagebrush Dan

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-07-07, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail XXL%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXL%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
My guess is that it is true, but that there was a spoken or unspoken agreement b/w Todd and sister to bring up anything negative like that. Even if it is fake, apparently that strategy doesn't work. Even if the teammates believed it, do you think it helps Todd one bit? A million is a million. Nobody is going to give a vote to Todd even if they believe his sister did have a miscarriage. Why should they? It's not like he was the father. Sure a potential uncle would feel bad too, but all these people (and all of us) have some sad things happen in our lives. Todd's tragedy is no more tragic than what some of these people (well except maybe Courtney) may have already experienced in life. Or many not Erik either. Well Amanda's probably also led a charmed life. Hmmm. Forget it. Disregard my whole post. Most of these survivors have never faced anything like that.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-07-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
>My guess is that it is
>true, but that there was
>a spoken or unspoken agreement
>b/w Todd and sister to
>bring up anything negative like
>that. Even if it
>is fake, apparently that strategy
>doesn't work. Even if
>the teammates believed it, do
>you think it helps Todd
>one bit? A million
>is a million. Nobody
>is going to give a
>vote to Todd even if
>they believe his sister did
>have a miscarriage. Why
>should they? It's not
>like he was the father.
> Sure a potential uncle
>would feel bad too, but
>all these people (and all
>of us) have some sad
>things happen in our lives.
> Todd's tragedy is no
>more tragic than what some
>of these people (well except
>maybe Courtney) may have already
>experienced in life. Or
>many not Erik either.
>Well Amanda's probably also led
>a charmed life. Hmmm.
> Forget it. Disregard
>my whole post. Most
>of these survivors have never
>faced anything like that.

The strategy if there was one. Do I believe that they would give $1 Million to Todd because his sister had a miscarriage? No, but what could happen is it could make Todd safe for one tribal council. Fairplay didn’t win either but honestly I think he might of saved himself one tribal council and by doing so bought himself not just one week but more. Many have said that their strategy was to make it one week at a time….or as long as it aint me I am happy……There has been some discussion about Danni she used that very well.

Do I think that this was a lie? I don’t know….the more I think about it I don’t think it was a lie….reasoning to follow. If there I would’ve offered Todd my condolences and after that gone back to playing the game. Todd’s sister seemed to show no remorse at all….but she is a kid and I am not sure she understands the loss of a baby either. But again, his sister also said that the younger sister lost the baby after 3 months. That is hardly far along in the pregnancy. And while I think it is horrible some may view what happened as best. A teenager miscarrying is a lot different than a person in there late 30’s. I hardly doubt that there sisters pregnancy was planned nor do I think her sister was ready to be a mother.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-07, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
I don't think Todd made it up. First off, if the sister is a teenager then why would he want to purposely expose her to such a rumor....however, if she was truly pregnant then people probably knew before watching last night's episode of Survivor. Asking about his sister, especially considering her condition, isn't outlandish either....most people do ask how a woman is doing when pregnant.

Yes, the sister did seem a little non-emotional, but she also has had a month to deal with the situation and maybe wanted to concentrate on uplifting Todd rather than bring him down. Plus, Todd could have figured that it was best to concentrate on winning time with his sister and further discussing the subject then rather than to completely distract himself from having time with a family member.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-07, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
How about it was 4. Mark Burnett wanting to play up the drama for ratings and lining his own pocket at the expense of the players in the game, because really MB doesn't care about them.

Remember Timber Tina and her son Charly that died tragically keeping her from competing in Guatemala? She agreed to do Survivor Panama and the reunion show as long as they wouldn't question her about him. Do you remember the question Jeff Probst asked her and her reaction at the reunion? Let's just say that Jeff was instructed to play on the drama and go for the question despite what impact it might have.

MB most likely used the scene at RC because of Courtney's reaction which was too precious to him to let it go, they had the footage, what a chance to make Courtney's edit look bad.

Also, if it wasn't real, we would have had teasers from Jeff at the start of the season and hints throughout that in this season we had a new bad boy in town. Super Survivor Fan who pulls a page out of JFP book would be teased to us the audience so much that by now we would have been nauscious.

This was real and my condolences to Todd's sister and the whole family.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-07-07, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
>Do you remember the question Jeff Probst asked her and her reaction at the reunion?

Can you refresh my memory - I'm interested in this little tidbit.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-07, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
#1 - I think it was real. However, there was enough doubt in my mind that I laughed at Courtney's mimicking act. Later, when Todd was discussing it with Amanda and their sisters, I realized that he was probably telling the truth and I felt bad that I had been so callous. I agree with KO that the entire situation was abused by Mark Burnett which was why I probably doubted Todd in the first place.

Christmas cookies with Sharnina

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-07, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
#1. Courtney's reactions were atrocious. I was watching with my 10-year-old son, and I got to explain miscarriages to him and try to answer questions like "did the baby die"?

I agree with KO, Burnett used the unsavory footage to try and make a "splash" with viewers.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-07-07, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
#1 and Courtney is a really horrible person.

Christmasized by the one and only Sharnina

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-07-07, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
#1.

I believe that this was legit. Honestly, I don't see #3 being that realistic. Wouldn't his sister tell him privately that it wasn't true? And then wouldn't Burnett show it?

#2 is possible, but I don't think Todd would directly rip off Fairplay like that, it would look too obvious.

With that said, I don't blame Courtney one bit and I thought she was hilarious last night. I know it's callous an such, but I'm not going to deny that I laughed quite heartily at her soap-opera-ization of the events.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-07-07, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-07 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

#1 Todd's sister had some time to get over it. Probst played it up to create drama.

Courtney's an idiot. Good for laughs (sometimes) but still an idiot.

miracle1969mets 183 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-07, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miracle1969mets Click to send private message to miracle1969mets Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
I believe it is real. No way would the lie work. It's unfortunate for him that it's being turned into a questionable game move. Remember that in past seasons castaways never got a 2nd interaction with the loved one, so Todd had to ask right there, despite what Courtney thinks (does she even think?)

Remember, Lill (yes, whiny Lill) was the one who sold Fairplay's lie. If you go back and watch it, you'll see that Sandra didn't believe it for a 2nd, but Lill played it up to win the RC more than Jon. There's no player like that in the game to support Todd even if it were a lie. And that's not just cause it had been done before. Whether or not Jon woulda gotten away with it had there not been an emotional player to sell it for him, who knows. I hope this does not cost Todd anything in the game, though Amanda seems to be using it to her advantage (the fact that she knows it's true and that everyone else thinks it's a lie)

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-08-07, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
Again, I believe it were real, but think about this. They had been there for 30 plus days. I have heard in the past that to pass time Survivors talk about their loved ones all the time. If in fact his sister was pregnant and it was the very first thing Todd asked his other sister don't you think he would've discussed his sisters situation before that. Cuz if this was the first any had heard about it I too would question this.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-08-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "1 - Absolutely True"
I would basically just echo Aruba's comments.

I didn't doubt the story for one second. I don't see Todd as emulating someone as vile as Fairplay, nor dragging his beloved sisters into something like that.

Fairplay's lie could be seen a mile away and Thursady night's episode just made be hate Fairplay even more for tarnishing future Survivor's reputations if something traumatic happens to a friend/family member back home while they are playing the game.

Courtney's comments don't surprise me, except that I would think she'd show a little more respect for someone in her own alliance. But since Courtney hates everyone and just hates Amanda & Todd slightly less than the others, I guess I don't expect better from her.

Virginal Erik's comments surprised me though. I would expect Erik to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Just the gals left now. May the best gal win *coughTODDcough*

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-07, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
I believed it, while Todd is a legend in his own mind with his plans etc., he doesn't strike me as the type to use his sister this way. I just wish it hadn't been brought up at all, since the sister is so young and most likely didn't want the entire world to know.

As for Skeletor, she's just to horrible for words, and her over dramatizing, and making fun just made me dislike her more. And while we can call MB a jerk for airing it -- lets not forget that he couldn't air it if she had not done it in the first place. That confessional was not edited out of context, it was very clear that this WAS the way she felt. She's not been edited to be a jerk, she has proven time and time again that she IS a jerk.

PsychoKitty 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-09-07, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-07 AT 07:49 PM (EST)

#3 is really interesting Estee! But I guess I'm going with #1. But I did wonder because why did the subject of his sister's pregancy come up so fast in their BRIEF conversation, (I only thought that it might increase his chance of getting to go on the reward; I didn't consider the idea of winning the whole game) and it's a shame that because of Johnny Fairplay's atrocious lie that this sad truth (?) would backfire on Todd.

Courtney's comments are horrible I agree! And I had to laugh too and wonder. (And I was impressed that she thought of the possibility - didn't think she was capable!) ALSO my first thought was that the sister sabotaged him herself (not intentionally) in telling him before the challenge - because such news would undoubtedly distract him and he wouldn't perform to his very best. So the timing was awful on her part. And I think many of you are right, MB encouraged this with the sister before she arrived.

Interesting twist! We'll see how it affects the finale!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-10-07, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
I go with #1 - if anyone were going to lie to get ahead, they'd go with something that packs a little more punch than "sister with miscarriage." Something like "dead grandmother" works. And at this stage of the game, playing up a fake romance or sexual encounter wouldn't work - Erik's a virgin, James isn't easily played like that, and Todd's a gay Mormon. It might have worked if Courtney were playing Frosti like that or vice versa, but in this situation? The likelihood of anyone pulling a Fairplay (or an Angela or a Danni) is extremely unlikely.

My advice for all future Survivor contestants: Tell your loved ones not to deliver any bad news whatsoever at the family visit reward. Regardless of if Fluffy had to go to the vet or if your house got crushed by an asteroid, keep it out of the game of Survivor lest someone invoke the accursed name of Fairplay.

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-07, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XXL%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXL%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."

>My advice for all future Survivor
>contestants: Tell your loved ones
>not to deliver any bad
>news whatsoever at the family
>visit reward. Regardless of if
>Fluffy had to go to
>the vet or if your
>house got crushed by an
>asteroid, keep it out of
>the game of Survivor lest
>someone invoke the accursed name
>of Fairplay.
>

I second the Colonel's wise advice.

Jaxxjack 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-13-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jaxxjack Click to send private message to Jaxxjack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
I would vote #1 for one reason. If Todd is as big a fan of Survivor that he says he is, NO WAY would he invoke a fairplay move. He has to be aware that it could come back to bite him in the ....ahem, end.

leenga 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-17-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leenga Click to send private message to leenga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
i'm guess this whole thing really was true since it never got addressed in the reunion

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
I agree.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The 'fair play' poll."
Interesting question, worthy of discussion, I go with it being real because we don't have spoilers to counter the story, and we would have if it were not true, I believe. And Todd is a bag of scum anyway, just not Dalton scum.

But the real question is, after the motel room picture spoilers;

1. Is Eric still a virgin?

2. Or is he just got a line that he milks (heh) for all it's worth?

3. Or is he a Hymen head?
(BTW, that term is just been coined by me, and for 7 years from now, anyone who uses it has to send me 5$. That is the Rate (the Adjustable Mortgage type) for 2007/2008.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •