The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Burtons CBS Chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ParkGirl 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ParkGirl Click to send private message to ParkGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Burtons CBS Chat"
Spoil away friends.
Hopefully it will come through. If not lock away.

Q: Hey Burton, so tell me... was last night's vote truly a blindside? And did you think the girls would eventually get a brain in their heads and vote for you or Jon?
B: Last night was definitely a blindside. I knew that Lil was voting for me because it was the first time since we'd gotten back into the game that she did not ask me who to vote for and I knew Darrah and Sandra could possibly vote for me but I was not sure what they were going to end up doing. So overall I was not blindsided but was hoping that it would not be me that got voted out. That last few episodes I've been on thin ice as I was by far the biggest threat left in the game. So, I knew it was a matter of time until they figured it out but was hoping to continue to stay in the game.

Q: It seems Darrah was flying under the radar, did you ever think she was a threat?
B: Darrah had won a couple of immunities in a row and it was obvious she had the ability to win however she didn't seem like that much of a threat. So, we were always targeting different people until very recently. She was definitely under the radar and did not even do that much around camp and was relatively quiet but I think part of that was her strategy.

Q: Some of the other survivors seemed a bit peeved when you and Lil were allowed back into the game? What are your thoughts on re-entering the game from your perspective and from theirs?
B: We had no idea there was even going to be a chance to get back into the game until Jeff told us at the reward challenge. When he told us that we naturally tried as hard as possible to take advantage of the situation. When we beat both the other tribes and were able to send two people back into the game that was just the result of the opportunity we were given. The Drake Tribe actually welcomed me back and even said the tribe was stronger with me there. So, none of the members of that tribe had a problem with me returning. It seems like only after the contestants were negatively affected by the twist did they display anger towards the outcasts who'd returned.

Q: Burton did you notice the reaction from RyanO and Rupert? How did that make you feel?
B: I thought it was hilarious and I actually rewound the tape to watch it several more times. They obviously were upset with Jon and me for having voted them out and were merely excited that my game was ended also. It was nothing different than Jon and me being excited when we voted them out. That's all part of the game.

Q: After you were booted the first time, did the producers tell you not to shave? You came back with a beard.
B: We didn't have toileteries or anything to shave with. The producers were trying to create the same environment for us as the other people still in the game. Going as far as rationing our food to the extent that I lost more weight in the 7 days out of the game than I had in the first 12 days of the game.

Q: Burton, the jury was happy when you got voted out, did they welcome you warmly to the Jury?
B: Yes, once I caught up with everyone on the jury we talked unanswered questions and discussed how we all felt now that the game was over for us. For the most part there was an understanding that what was in the game was in the game and now that it was over it was water under the bridge.

Q:Burton why did you get mad at Lil for voting you, when you voted for her? Isn't that rather hypocritical?
B: Lil, Jon and I had a three way alliance that was very strong and enabled us to get as far as we did in the game, with Lil pretty much just going along for the ride. We had talked about the three of us making it to the final three and were on track to do so and ensure that two of the final three of us would be in the final two. Before leaving to go on the reward with Jon, Darrah approached us and informed us that Lil had talked about voting me and Jon out and having an all women to the final three. Jon and I discussed strategy during the reward and had to react to Lil breaking our three way alliance. Upon returning from the reward, our only option seemed to be to go after Lil who had already backstabbed us. So, my vote for Lil was just a reaction to her breaking our alliance and voting for me.

Q: Do you think this will teach you not to underestimate women and not to overestimate your own intelligence?
B: It was never a gender thing for me, it was all about alliances and I was not underestimating or overestimating anything, merely analysing how well people were playing the game. From a strategic standpoint, Lil and Darrah followed the others more than they led. Since the three of them had not had much strategy I was basing my comments solely on that and my attitude was the way it was because Jon and I had been very much in control of the game for quite a while.

Q: Since having a strong outward strategy makes you a target, don't you think riding coattails is a legitimate strategy, albeit not as impressive?
B: At the end of the day if your strategy gets you to the end then it has worked. Since it is much less impressive I have a lot less respect for players who choose that route. Ultimately, they never controlled the game.

Q: Burt, how dare you say to Lil "I hope you can live with yourself"? Will you apologize to her at the finale?
B: If any apologising needs to be done I would say it is Lil to me since she initially broke the alliance and trust that we have with each other. We were friends in the game and I'm sure we'll be friends afterwards so I doubt there will be any hard feelings once the issue is addressed.

Q: Burton, are you proud of yourself and the way you carried yourself on the show?
B: This is a unique show because it forces you to act and do things you would typically not do in life. For example, lie to, backstab and deceive others. While none of those traits I live in in life, they are necessary to excel in this game. I'm proud of the fact that I made it to the final five and I did what I had to do to get there.

Q: Do you really think it's fair if an outcast were to win the game?
B: We were not the ones to determine what was fair. We just played by the rules that were given to us for the show. If someone wins and they play by the rules then, yes, it is definitely fair.

Q: How funny was it watching the show when Sandra was talking about hiding all of the tribe's belongings... one at a time? Or did it make you mad?
B: We actually knew that Sandra was sabotaging the tribe and had hidden the spear and both masks so she could not get those from us. Since it ended up having no impact on the game, it was quite funny watching as she was running around talking about doing that. However, at the same time it was quite a demonstration of being a sole loser.

Q: Burton, who would you rather be on an island ALONE with, Darrah or Christa?
B: *laughs* I'd rather be stuck on an island with Darrah because she eats less, talks less and doesn't have an annoying laugh.

Q: Burton, what was the most surprising thing shown on tv that you didn't know about until you watched it?
B: Probably Sandra overhearing half of my conversations with Jon when she was sneaking around in the bushes. We had no idea that was happening and it definitely cost us the game in more than one instance yet it was pretty comical to watch on the show.

Q:
B: If you're talking about Eco Challenge it is not a reality show. It is a seven to ten day adventure race that was just broadcast on t.v. As far as difficulty goes, it was much, much harder physically and mentally than Survivor but it lacked the lying and deceiving and strategy.

Q: What was your reaction to see that Jon lied about his grandmother being dead and that it was a plan from before he left?
B: I thought it was very funny and thought he did a great job and pulled it off well. It did not affect me in any way in the game and as long as no one else won that challenge, I thought it was a good thing. As for a preconceived lie before the game even started, I thought it was a brilliant strategy and took the game to a new level.

Q: Burton, in normal everyday life would you have ever hung out with someone like Johnny Rotten?
B: *laughs* I love it that people are now calling him Jonny Rotten instead of Jonny Fairplay! Jon wants to be the bad guy and wants to rub people the wrong way and it seems like the more he does it, the more he enjoys it. When you get past all of that however, he and I actually became pretty good friends in the game and ultimately since my return he never lied to me which is more than I could say for anyone out there.

Q: Hey Burton, how did you feel when your mom walked the plank as a result of Jon's lie?
B: *laughs* I knew my mom was going to have to walk the plank and I thought that would be better and less painful than spending a night at our camp with all the bugs and the discomfort. So ultimately, Jon's lie did not affect the outcome of the challenge for me and my mother but I did fell bad when she finally jumped in the water and had to swim.

Q: Burton, do you think that was dumb to take Jon on the reward trip?
B: At the time when I chose Jon for the reward trip, I had absolutely no reason to believe that Lil was going to destroy our alliance and talk the girls into voting against me. Therefore since Lil had been on two reward trips that I either took her on or helped her win, it did not make sense to take her again and I thought Sandra and Darrah were the next to go. So, Jon was the logical choice. Looking back however, it definitely would've been more beneficial to take anyone other than Jon to break up the female alliance.

Q: Hey Burty. Were you aware of the curse of the Car Reward winner? They never win! LOL Was that the best challenge for you?
B: *laughs* I was unaware of the curse and actually did not even know that there was going to be a car for the reward. As it turns out, Jon and I kept that a secret for the remainder of the game. As far as the challenge goes, it was definitely a fun one for me and one of my better challenges.

Q: Do you feel you have any faults? Related to the game of course. You seem to come off like you never did anything wrong, never hurt or betrayed anyone, and had total control until the end.
B: Yes, I have faults as everyone does and definitely made some mistakes in this game. I feel like I did play the game pretty well and given the circumstances made it to a very respectable position. As far as hurting or betraying people, I definitely betrayed people when I had to, to stay in the game but I tried not to hurt people or disrespect them as many other players did. While Jon and I maintained a lot of control,. we lost it towards the end and that ultimately caused me to get booted from the game.

Q: Hey Burton! First of all I loved you! My questions is which 2 people did you vote for in the Outcast tribal council?
B: Thank you for your support. I voted for Nicole and Michelle to get back into the game and represent the Outcast Tribe. Michelle was a great friend of mine in the game and I got to know Nicole in the Outcast Tribe.

Q: Burton, why did you say Sandra would vote out her best friend? I never saw her vote out Rupert or Christa.
B: Sandra's attitude and strategy was always if it's someone else going home, and it's not Sandra -- that's fine with her. I believe in a situation where she could advance in the game at the expense of a friend, she would do it -- based on her reactions that I saw in the game.

Q: Burton, knowing in advance about the car might have changed things, but since you didn't, did you ever consider trying not to win the Reward?
B: At this point in the game I knew I was on thin ice so I was going to compete in each challenge as if it might be my last. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that I was one of the stronger competitors out there so there was no reason to try and hide it. Thank goodness I tried my best, otherwise I wouldn't have had the car and I would've been out of the game!

Q: Did you throw the sling shot challenge a few weeks ago?
B: *laughs* No, I didn't throw it and I was apparently having a pretty bad day with my aim. I seemed to make up for it at the final challenge.

Q: Hello Burton. What do you think about being dubbed the HOT Survivor? Do the ladies stalk you now?
Burton: *laughs* Well I take it as quite an honor and have luckily not been the victim of any stalkers yet.

Q: Burton did it occur to you at some point maybe Sandra and Jon had a secret alliance?
B: There's a possibility of anything going on in the game but based on Jon's and my conversations his actions and having Lil question him about our alliance also, I truly believe Jon was a strong ally of mine. Even if he and Sandra had a secret alliance, I do not think it would've been great than his and my alliance.

Q: Do you have respect for Sandra as a player?
B: Since watching the show on TV and seeing more behind the scenes than I realized in the game, my respect for Sandra has definitely gone up. While she may not be the most strategic player out there, she is very sneaky and was mostly honest with her feelings and who she was going to vote for in Tribal Council. So yes, between the sneakiness and the fact she showed her emotions and feelings, I have respect for her.

Q: Burton, did you honestly think that you would win against Jon? He may be hated but you were an outcast.
B: That would have been up to the jury to decide and I was just hoping that he would've pissed them off so much more that I did that it would've given me a chance to win the entire game.

Q: Burton, had Rupert calmed down since being voted off or did you need to hide from him for a few days?
B: *laughs* Even though Rupert was irritated about getting voted out, I never would've felt that I needed to hide from him or be scared of him.

Q: Do you think the way Jon lied and Sandra sabotaged will make the new contestants more devious?
B: Absolutely! Each season the limits of the game are pushed greater and greater, making it more difficult to play the game and know what is going on. While lying and deceiving are one thing I do not agree with sabotaging your tribe and tribemates since others get food and do things that everyone takes advantage of.

Q: Who are you most looking forward to seeing at the reunion show?
b: I am honestly excited to see and get to know each and every contestant from Osten who I never spoke a word to, to Lil who stabbed me in the back to everyone, to Jon who was my closest ally and best friend on the show. It was a great group of sixteen people and we all shared an amazing experience together and I look foward to reminiscing of old times.

Host: Burton, thanks so much for being here to chat with us today. Do you have any final comments?
B: Based on the twists and turns and excitement of the game up until this point, I think the finale should be an amazing one and not to be missed.!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Burtons CBS Chat volsfan 12-12-03 1
 RE: Burtons CBS Chat PepeLePew13 12-12-03 2
   RE: Burtons CBS Chat d4emend 12-12-03 3
   RE: Burtons CBS Chat atherella 12-12-03 4
   RE: Burtons CBS Chat arturbars 12-13-03 5
 RE: Burtons CBS Chat WildEel 12-13-03 6
   RE: Burtons CBS Chat Loree 12-13-03 7
 RE: Burtons CBS Chat IreneMcGee 12-13-03 8
   RE: Burtons CBS Chat sharbuggy 12-13-03 10
 RE: Burtons CBS Chat Ra_8secs 12-13-03 9
 RE: Burtons CBS Chat Missing_Rupert 12-13-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
I thought Burton handled himself very well and if you noticed he tried to say good things about everyone left in the game!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"

>I was by far the biggest
>threat left in the game.

Mwuaahaaaa! You lost three in a row to Darrah, pal.

Thanks for posting the chat... nothing really new in there from my perspective. I did notice, too, how Burton was pretty complimentary towards just about everyone in the game.

d4emend 26 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail d4emend Click to send private message to d4emend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
Beacuse he knows it's just a game and the only way to win is stab people in the back, lie and be a good actor/actress. Yeah, he is the biggest threat, biggest threat to Darrah! It was only the two of them who's been winning.

atherella 26 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail atherella Click to send private message to atherella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
Perhaps Burton wants to move up in the popularity polls...

Not much in there of help. Still hypocritical of Lil's vote. Very complimentary of everyone left. Cracked on Christa's "annoying laugh". He did let it out though that the other players never found out about the car the rest of the game. Not that it matters to him now.

Can't wait for Sunday!! Only time I'm glad to be on the east coast in winter is on Survivor Sunday!!! New Nor'Easter coming for Sunday night. LOL, we better not lose power!

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-13-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"

>
>Mwuaahaaaa! You lost three in
>a row to Darrah, pal.
>

Hey, It's not his fault the dead-freak-DarahBot had some freakishly small hands..... hehehehe

WildEel 48 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WildEel Click to send private message to WildEel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
We had no idea that was happening and it definitely cost us the game in more than one instance yet it was pretty comical to watch on the show.

If "us" refers to Burton and Jon, then it seems that Jon does not make the final 2, not that that surprises anybody.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
I believe that was a slip for Burton saying "us" instead of "me". He was talking about him and Jon. How does it hurt Jon if he's in the F2? Burton slipped.

IreneMcGee 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-13-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IreneMcGee Click to send private message to IreneMcGee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
What a sadistic jerk.

Q: Burton did you notice the reaction from RyanO and Rupert? How did that make you feel?
B: I thought it was hilarious and I actually rewound the tape to watch it several more times. They obviously were upset with Jon and me for having voted them out and were merely excited that my game was ended also. It was nothing different than Jon and me being excited when we voted them out. That's all part of the game.

sharbuggy 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-13-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharbuggy Click to send private message to sharbuggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
Hmmmmm,

Q:Burton why did you get mad at Lil for voting you, when you voted for her? Isn't that rather hypocritical?
B: Lil, Jon and I had a three way alliance that was very strong and enabled us to get as far as we did in the game, with Lil pretty much just going along for the ride. We had talked about the three of us making it to the final three and were on track to do so and ensure that two of the final three of us would be in the final two. Before leaving to go on the reward with Jon, Darrah approached us and informed us that Lil had talked about voting me and Jon out and having an all women to the final three. Jon and I discussed strategy during the reward and had to react to Lil breaking our three way alliance. Upon returning from the reward, our only option seemed to be to go after Lil who had already backstabbed us. So, my vote for Lil was just a reaction to her breaking our alliance and voting for me.

Q: Burton, do you think that was dumb to take Jon on the reward trip?
B: At the time when I chose Jon for the reward trip, I had absolutely no reason to believe that Lil was going to destroy our alliance and talk the girls into voting against me. Therefore since Lil had been on two reward trips that I either took her on or helped her win, it did not make sense to take her again and I thought Sandra and Darrah were the next to go. So, Jon was the logical choice. Looking back however, it definitely would've been more beneficial to take anyone other than Jon to break up the female alliance.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-13-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
Thanks for the transcript post, Parkgirl.

Burton came across as the educated, polite guy I think he is.

I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. -- Mark Twain

Missing_Rupert 46 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Missing_Rupert Click to send private message to Missing_Rupert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Burtons CBS Chat"
Burton came accross better in this Web Chat than in his live interviews. In those, he was patting himself on the back much more. I assume a Survivor producer is sitting along side helping with the answers?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •